Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to list New
Author: 13Friday

who create the equipment for sighting?

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 25-9-2006 01:20 PM | Show all posts

bzzts

you are not the first one and not the last one to give this kind of comment.

who is a terrorist here?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 25-9-2006 01:22 PM | Show all posts

true or not?

in the Arctic, do you have Muslims?

if so how to view the new moon?

some Islamists here say all are muslims.

some even say Jesus is a Muslim.

Use magic Report

Post time 25-9-2006 02:28 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by 13Friday at 25-9-2006 01:20 PM
you are not the first one and not the last one to give this kind of comment.

who is a terrorist here?

u opened a thread and provoke. and u ignore most facts and only highlight your idea.
u condemned most reply and judge other people are wrong. u are not discussing anithing. u are only making your own statement, it is like u treat this forum as your own; that u can post anithing dan kononnya semua tu betul.

u terrorize.

Use magic Report

Post time 25-9-2006 03:10 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by 13Friday at 25-9-2006 01:22 PM
in the Arctic, do you have Muslims?

if so how to view the new moon?

You fast according to the Islamic lunar calendar of the nearest nation to the Arctic.

- MENJ

Use magic Report

Post time 25-9-2006 03:11 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by bzzts at 25-9-2006 02:28 PM

u opened a thread and provoke. and u ignore most facts and only highlight your idea.
u condemned most reply and judge other people are wrong. u are not discussing anithing. u are only making you ...

:setuju::setuju::setuju:

- MENJ

Use magic Report

Post time 25-9-2006 07:06 PM | Show all posts
Why do you bring up this question?

I think the telescope used by the muslim council is either newtonian or cassegrain. Telescopes operate on many principles of optics such as reflection, refraction, interferometry etc. Muslim scientist , Alhaytym discovered the law of refraction ,studied spherical abberation and came up with solutions to mirror- imaging systems. My point is Muslims do contribute to modern astronomy.We don't have to brag about it to non Muslims. My professor holds the rights to many patents, and another is a world renowned astrophysicist; never they did imply that their religion is superior than mine. A muslim research professor in my university designs robots for space exploration, and i've never heard him patronizing his students with his belief or bad attitude.

What is your contribution to the world?  Have you done something significant in science, promoting peace or charity? If you have, thank you but you are not gaining respect here in this forum.

God is just. Civilizations come and go, and each of them has its own gifts to the advancement of humankind. Isn't it beautiful?

In no way your provocation will deter me from feeling good to see a modern equipment used in our muslim affairs and to enjoy the best month of the year with my fellow Muslims.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 25-9-2006 07:08 PM | Show all posts

Muslims cannot answer this Q

Originally posted by MENJ at 25-9-2006 03:10 PM

You fast according to the Islamic lunar calendar of the nearest nation to the Arctic.

- MENJ

Muslim will use any good equipment made by non Muslims.

How did Mohamad view the new moon 1400 years ago?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-10-2006 02:56 PM | Show all posts

all confused people in fixing the day

October 21, 2006 21:07 PM     

Hari Raya On Monday, Say Saudi Astronomers

By Lena Liew

DOHA, Oct 21 (Bernama) -- Two prominent astronomers in Saudi Arabia have said Hari Raya Aidilfitri will fall on Monday and not Sunday.

Saudi astronomer Khaled ibn Saleh Al-Zaaq said it would be impossible to sight the Syawal moon Saturday as it would disappear one hour before sunset.

"We can only see the new moon on Monday evening with difficulty as it will be visible for only 36 minutes with a glow of 1.90 per cent," he said in a statement carried by the Saudi Arabic language newspaper "Al-Eqtisadiah".

Al-Zaaq, a member of Arab Space Science Federation, the Islamic project to observe the moon and supervisor of Buraidah Astronomical Observatory, urged Muslims not to be confused when seeing the celestial bodies on Saturday evening.

Ali Manikfan, an Indian expert on moon-sighting, also confirmed Monday would be the first day of Hari Raya.

"I've observed the waning phases of the moon in the last days of Ramadan. Yesterday (Friday) morning, I could see the crescent at about 8am. It was about 25 degrees away from the sun.

"The crescent will be visible today before sunrise. This will be the last visible phase of the moon for Ramadan," he said in a statement published in the English language daily "Arab News" Saturday.

"On Sunday morning the crescent will not be seen even though it will rise before the sun. This is the day the moon phase is not visible to the earth.

"Some where in the world both the sun and the moon will rise together on Sunday," he said.

Manikfan called on the Organisation of Islamic Conference (OIC) to synchronise the Islamic calendar so that Muslims from throughout the world could celebrate Hari Raya on the same day.

"Hari Raya should be celebrated on the first day of the lunar month of Syawal. Muslims around the world are now celebrating it on three different days due to the lack of a synchronised calendar," he was quoted as saying.

Urging Muslims to adopt modern technological methods to sight the moon, Manikfan said: "Islam is the most advanced and scientific religion.

"It is impossible to believe that Prophet Muhammad would instruct his followers in this age of science and technology to search for the new moon with their naked eyes when lunar and solar dates can be determined in advance on the basis of scientific calculations."

-- BERNAMA

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 22-10-2006 07:25 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by 13Friday at 9/23/06 02:52 AM
Meade is made in US possibly by Jewish inventors.

anyone to confirm that?

you should, since you're the one suggesting that.

Use magic Report

Post time 22-10-2006 07:38 PM | Show all posts
omg, in the scientific community we don't give a damn about the religion or ethnicity or any irrelevant background of the inventor. you can't even possibly prove that everything about one product is made possible by just one group of people.

you can't just look at the final product and trace the owner of the company. you'll have to see who are the engineers who design it. you'll have to find out what technologies and tools they use and who invented them. you'll have to find out who their teachers are. and you may end up tracing everything to the most basic invention. and you wanna tell us that they all come from one group of people?

Look. When Hero of alexandria invented steam engine in the 1st century it's pretty easy to find out that pretty much Greeks alone are responsible of everything about that invention. Now in the 21st century, there are countless contributions and contributors that make a product possible.

p/s: How ridiculous would it be if I tell my students who will be using my design next friday "Hay, this device is a huge improvement of what we've had in the past for this class. And the designer (me), is a Muslim. So bow to Islam!!"

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-10-2006 09:59 PM | Show all posts

same with same

I would have thought to do a religious thing it is appropriate to accomplish it with own invention for sentimental value.

don't need to be so sophisticated and get the same result.

congr, beandiesel, and that is just a thing for any application.

Use magic Report

samerosie This user has been deleted
Post time 23-10-2006 01:25 PM | Show all posts
I would have thought to do a religious thing it is appropriate to accomplish it with own invention for sentimental value
--------
Ovay!  I can only blame our education system to have produced such shallow minded generation such as this one pparticularly.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-10-2006 04:11 PM | Show all posts

not viewed

Brunei will celebrate Hari Raya Aidilfitri on Tuesday (tomorrow) after a month-long of fasting during the holy month of Ramadhan, with the announcement made by High Court Syariah Judge Pehin Dato Hj Awg Salim over RTB news and radio yesterday. The decision was based on attempts made to sight the new moon at strategic locations but which was not in view.

http://www.brunei-online.com/bb/mon/oct23h1.htm

Use magic Report

Post time 23-10-2006 04:21 PM | Show all posts
Not viewed is not the same as not in view.

Ovay..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-10-2006 04:36 PM | Show all posts

confused people - which day???

Symbolic, perhaps, of Iraq's deepening sectarian split, only Sunnis are celebrating the start of the Eid holiday on Monday. The country's majority Shiites begin the three-day festival Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on which senior cleric they follow.

>>>

Asia Barat sambut Aidilfitri hari ini

http://www.bharian.com.my/m/BHar ... /Article/Dunia_html
KAHERAH: Beberapa pihak berkuasa agama negara Asia Barat, semalam menyatakan, umat Islam di rantau itu akan menyambut Aidilfitri hari ini, mengakhiri puasa selama sebulan pada bulan Ramadan.

Negara yang tidak mengumumkan Isnin sebagai tarikh Aidilfitri akan meneruskan puasa pada Isnin dan menyambut hari raya pada Selasa. Ada negara yang menggunakan kaedah hisab atau menggunakan sistem kiraan pergerakan bulan untuk menentukan tarikh raya selain daripada kaedah rukyah, atau melihat anak bulan.

Pada pagi Aidilfitri umat Islam akan menunaikan solat hari raya, menyaksikan beribu-ribu umat Islam akan memenuhi masjid di seluruh dunia. ? AP

Use magic Report

Post time 24-10-2006 12:57 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by 13Friday at 10/22/06 05:59 AM
I would have thought to do a religious thing it is appropriate to accomplish it with own invention for sentimental value.

ok. so we shouldn't use paper to print the Bible or Koran or whatever, since it's pretty much invented by the ancient Chinese. how ridiculous is that? really really ridiculous don't you think?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 24-10-2006 12:59 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by 13Friday at 10/22/06 05:59 AM
don't need to be so sophisticated and get the same result.

congr, beandiesel, and that is just a thing for any application.

what are you saying? perhaps you can be a little less vague than that.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-10-2006 10:02 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by BeanDiesel at 24-10-2006 12:59 PM

what are you saying? perhaps you can be a little less vague than that.

He's basically saying that since pillars, columns and arches were basically pioneered by non-Christians, he should have lived in a house designed by himself, being a Christian.  The house needn't be safe (to live in), but "a religious thing it is appropriate to accomplish it with own invention for sentimental value".

Get it?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CariDotMy

14-6-2024 10:22 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.129215 second(s), 39 queries .