Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 5718|Reply: 6

Talpa’s “The Voice” sent to Singapore and Malaysia

[Copy link]
Post time 27-12-2016 06:07 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Talpa’s “The Voice” sent to Singapore and Malaysia

Talpa Media has secured a deal to send its flagship talent format The Voice to Singapore and Malaysia.

The adapted version of the format will be produced by mm2 Entertainment, a wholly owned subsidiary of mm2 Asia. It is slated to air in Mandarin in 2017.

The deal marks the first time that a single version of the format will be produced for two territories.

Mm2 Entertainment, producer of hit movies such as the highly successful Ah Boys To Men franchise and online singing competition Hear Me Sing, will produce the Singapore/Malaysia version.

The Voice first aired in the Netherlands in 2010. The long-running format has since been developed into nearly 70 local productions and airs in more than 180 territories worldwide.

UK broadcaster ITV last year outbid the BBC to acquire the British format on a three-year term beginning in 2017. ITV also signed a three-season commitment for an ITV2 spin-off show, and a two-series contract for The Voice Kids.

Last May, ITV completed its £355 million (US$531.7 million) acquisition of Talpa Media.

“The Voice continues to prove its universal appeal, with the focus on positivity being the differentiating factor that speaks to audiences around the globe,” said Maarten Meijs, MD of Talpa Global, in a statement. “We’re incredibly proud that The Voice has reached yet another new territory and believe the format will be a fantastic hit in Singapore and Malaysia.”

“Given the strong historical and cultural bond between the two countries, the Singapore and Malaysia version is a great way to extend this iconic format to this part of the world,” added mm2 Asia CEO Melvin Ang. “Through the show, we’re also looking to unearth fresh acting and singing talents for our diverse range of movies and entertainment platforms.”

betul kah ni?? kalau betul, bersyukurlah saya kerana inilah wish yang dah lama saya tunggu. Tapi yangg saya tak suka sangat lagi, they will produce it in Mandarin (based on this source: THE VOICE CONQUERS SINGAPORE AND MALAYSIA) (why??? why not Malay????)

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 11-7-2017 10:09 AM | Show all posts
Yup, I just read about this just now. Ni link official website http://www.thevoicesgmy.com/

Since this show gonna be in Mandarin, the coaches sgt la who are youss . Gary tu ajelah yg aku macam familiar.

Anyway, patut buat in English format la at least. Mesti akan attract lagi ramai viewers.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-8-2017 01:44 PM | Show all posts
Edited by rifkialqadri at 4-8-2017 01:46 PM
gerbera.memopad replied at 11-7-2017 10:09 AM
Yup, I just read about this just now. Ni link official website http://www.thevoicesgmy.com/

Since ...

please do not do the English-speaking... just do the unifying Malay-speaking version because it's Malaysia, and the only "official" language is Malay...

according to me, here are the better ideas:

-the title is "The Voice of Malaysia"
-the main language (spoken by the host(s) and the coaches) should be Malay, although they can also do code-switching with English (just like The Voice of the Philippines)
-the contestants should be able to speak Malay fluently (either as first or second speaking language)
-the coaches and host(s) should be Malay-speaking, although they are also able to speak other languages, such as Chinese or English
-any songs from any languages are allowed
-the coaches should have much experience in performing, songwriting, and/or producing artists or songs (proven by some #1 hit songs or accolades). So far, my idea that comes to my mind is Faizal Tahir only. I don't know yet for the other well-known Malaysian singers because I'm Indonesian...
-contestants are solos, duos, and groups (not more than five members, and all of them should sing together at least in a song's chorus)
-lower age limit is 15 y.o. (no upper age limit)

so far, here's the infobox summary of the show:

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Post time 26-11-2022 09:16 PM | Show all posts
Edited by eddlisa_uyuk at 1-12-2022 09:20 AM

---spam----edit----

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 17-1-2023 06:15 PM | Show all posts
Glad you like it. We have been using this for several weeks now and it seems to be going nicely.

DunkinRunsonYou

Use magic Report

Post time 20-4-2023 02:41 PM | Show all posts
Yup, I just read about this just now. Ni link official website http://www.thevoicesgmy.com/ papa's freezeria

Since this show gonna be in Mandarin, the coaches sgt la who are youss . Gary tu ajelah yg aku macam familiar.

Anyway, patut buat in English format la at least. Mesti akan attract lagi ramai viewers.
I'm glad you think so. This has been in use for a while and seems to be working out well.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 3-10-2023 05:13 PM | Show all posts
Your writings stick out to me since the content is interesting and simple to understand driving directions. Even though I've read a lot of websites, I still like yours more. Your essay was interesting to read. I can understand the essay better now that I've read it carefully. In the future, I'd like to read more of your writing.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

24-4-2024 09:29 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.062679 second(s), 38 queries .