Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 4695|Reply: 4

StoreJet 25MC 1TB Portable USB3.0 Type-C HDD UNBOXING

[Copy link]
Post time 26-1-2017 07:13 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Nickchong1314 at 26-1-2017 07:14 PM

As a photographer and occasional filmmaker I have often have a very large amount of files that I need with me at all times so I can work on them whenever I have time. There’s been plenty of talk about which future interface will takeover the standard USB port we’ve gotten used to and from the looks of things, seems like USB Type-C is the one looking to be the new standard with both Thunderbolt3 and USB3.0/3.1 able to be utilized by the interface. Having purchased a new laptop, I noticed there as only a pair USB ports so I went ahead and bought a USB Type-C portable hard drive for extra storage and I chose the Transcend StoreJet 25MC portable HDD featuring USB3.0 Type-C interface which is what I will be sharing with everyone in this unboxing.

The Transcend StoreJet 25MC is packaged in a colored-print cardboard box with a window cut-out in the front which lets you peek through and see the design of the StoreJet drive inside. A clear plastic shell protects the drive inside.

Taking out the contents of the packaging we have a couple of leaflet inserts as well as a guide for the StoreJet 25MC, a warranty card, some product sheets. These accompany the primary essential which is the drive itself and the Type-C cable.

Looking closer at the StoreJet 25MC, we see a traditional-sized 2.5” portable HDD but the most interesting thing here is that Transcend has maintained its position of including a semi-ruggedized case for its drive which improves durability reducing damage from light drops and bumps. The body is covered with a rubberized sleeve over the plastic chamber which houses the HDD inside. The drive comes in dark grey with a hint of brown and accents are in green. I’m not sure if there’s any other color but this one does it for me so it’s fine.

The USB3.0 port on the Transcend StoreJet 25MC HDD itself is a traditional USB3.0 port so if you have those older USB3.0 cables, you can also use that but the cable included with this drive is a Type-C cable.

So this is a Type-C cable. It’s basically a reversible type of plug which removes the need to align the cable when plugging it in. Less prone to damage probably but internally its designed to deliver higher bandwidth for faster transfer, it’s also cross-compatible with Thunderbolt Type-C ports although Thunderbolt Type-C devices don’t work on USB Type-C ports so keep that in mind.

Here’s the Transcend StoreJet plugged into a Type-C port in my laptop. Notice how little space the port takes up on the laptop itself so it could max out what little space it has left on the board. This seems to be the direction that many laptops are taking so its comforting to know I’m kind of future-proof with the Transcend StoreJet 25MC portable HDD.

That’s it for my quick unboxing and overview of the Transcend StoreJet 25MC portable USB3.0 Type-C HDD. There’s plenty to like about this drive particularly its good build quality. The performance is decent and that little button actually works together with the drive for automated backups with just a nice touch. The drive is very strong and well made, I've dropped it a lot and it still works perfectly. The read and write speeds are very fast, I often edit video in Avid and Premiere coming straight from this drive and have had no problems. All in all, this hard-drive is brilliant for any users, whether they are doing very taxing video editing or music production or if they are just saving documents and photos. It is a great addition to anyone's collection of tech and at a great price point, I would highly recommend.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 13-4-2017 12:30 AM | Show all posts
Thanks you !!

Use magic Report

Post time 23-7-2021 10:52 PM | Show all posts
Hey! Recently, my disk space on my computer ran out completely and I had a choice to buy myself a new hard disk or clean up the space on the existing one. I chose the second option and for a long time nothing worked for me, because all the files were very important to me, but then my friend advised me to use dissyapp.com
As it turned out, this application can analyze your disk space, point to the largest files that you have not used for a long time. Thanks to this application, I was able to free up disk space on my computer in just a couple of minutes.

Use magic Report

Post time 30-9-2021 01:30 PM | Show all posts
I'm thinking about how to use this information and make good profit on my hobby!

Use magic Report

Post time 8-10-2021 09:06 AM | Show all posts
Sekarang ada external HDD ada yang 4TB, ada yang 5TB..

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

20-4-2024 10:13 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.318596 second(s), 34 queries .