CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: seribulan

[Pelbagai] ...Quotes on Reading, Writing @ Literature...

Close [Copy link]
 Author| Post time 4-5-2017 09:42 AM | Show all posts
      “It is good to love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is well done.”  
  ―    Vincent Van Gogh

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 4-5-2017 09:43 AM | Show all posts
      “I dream my painting and I paint my dream.”  
  ―    Vincent Van Gogh

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-5-2017 09:44 AM | Show all posts
      “Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.”  
  ―    Thomas Jefferson

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-5-2017 03:20 PM | Show all posts
      “A poet is a verb that blossoms light in gardens of dawn, or sometimes midnight.”  
  ―    Aberjhani

Use magic Report

Post time 4-5-2017 07:49 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 4-5-2017 07:49 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 5-5-2017 08:29 AM | Show all posts
      “Societies in decline have no use for visionaries.”  
  ―    Anaïs Nin

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-5-2017 08:29 AM | Show all posts
      “Failure is a bend in the road, not the end of the road. Learn from failure and keep moving forward.”  
  ―    Roy T. Bennett

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 5-5-2017 08:30 AM | Show all posts
      “If you have a dream, don’t just sit there. Gather courage to believe that you can succeed and leave no stone unturned to make it a reality.”  
  ―    Roopleen

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-5-2017 08:30 AM | Show all posts
      “One of the best ways to influence people is to make them feel important.”  
  ―    Roy T. Bennett

Use magic Report

Post time 5-5-2017 07:44 PM | Show all posts
"Write the kind of story you would like to read. People will give you all sorts of advice about writing, but if you are not writing something you like, no one else will like it either."

- Meg Cabot -

Use magic Report

"That's what I love about reading: one tiny thing will interest you in a book, and that tiny thing will lead you to another book, and another bit there will lead you onto a third book. It's geometrically progressive - all with no end in sight, and for no other reason than sheer enjoyment."

- Mary Ann Shaffer -

Use magic Report

"No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance."

- Atwood H. Townsend -

Use magic Report

Reading isn't passive--I enter the
story with the characters, breathe
their air, feel their frustrations,
scream at them to stop when they're
about to do something stupid, cry with
them, laugh with them.
Reading for me, is spending time with a
friend.
A book is a friend.
You can never have too many."

-  Gary Paulsen -

Use magic Report

Post time 5-5-2017 07:45 PM | Show all posts
"Writing and reading decrease our sense of isolation. They deepen and widen and expand our sense of life: they feed the soul. When writers make us shake our heads with the exactness of their prose and their truths, and even make us laugh about ourselves or life, our buoyancy is restored. We are given a shot at dancing with, or at least clapping along with, the absurdity of life, instead of being squashed by it over and over again. It's like singing on a boat during a terrible storm at sea. You can't stop the raging storm, but singing can change the hearts and spirits of the people who are together on that ship."

- Anne Lamott -

Use magic Report

"I think that most of us, anyway, read these stories that we know are not "true" because we're hungry for another kind of truth: the mythic truth about human nature in general, the particular truth about those life-communities that define our own identity, and the most specific truth of all: our own self-story. Fiction, because it is not about someone who lived in the real world, always has the possibility of being about oneself. --From the Introduction"

- Orson Scott Card  -

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

"I often hear people say that they read to escape reality, but I believe that what they’re really doing is reading to find reason for hope, to find strength. While a bad book leaves readers with a sense of hopelessness and despair, a good novel, through stories of values realized, of wrongs righted, can bring to readers a connection to the wonder of life. A good novel shows how life can and ought to be lived. It not only entertains but energizes and uplifts readers."

- Terry Goodkind -

Use magic Report

"Keep reading. It's one of the most marvelous adventures that anyone can have."

- Lloyd Alexander -

Use magic Report

"There is only one way to read, which is to browse in libraries and bookshops, picking up books that attract you, reading only those, dropping them when they bore you, skipping the parts that drag-and never, never reading anything because you feel you ought, or because it is part of a trend or a movement. Remember that the book which bores you when you are twenty or thirty will open doors for you when you are forty or fifty-and vise versa. Don’t read a book out of its right time for you. "

- Doris Lessing -

Use magic Report

Post time 5-5-2017 07:46 PM | Show all posts
"Because reading is one of the joys of life, and once you begin, you can't stop, and you've got so many stories to look forward to."

- Benedict Cumberbatch -

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

18-4-2024 11:14 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 1.173324 second(s), 44 queries .