CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 52212|Reply: 558

[Tempatan] ..Sakai hulu banat Malaysia tetap cantik, tanpa henjutan Belanda - foto

[Copy link]
Post time 19-3-2017 04:35 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Borneo charms
When Alena Murang first wanted to play the sape, her teacher, famed Kenyah sape player Mathew Ngau Jau, was hesitant.

http://www.thestar.com.my/~/medi ... 0506C0B464477182507

http://www.thestar.com.my/news/n ... ic-has-been-export/

@.aetis.  @anhar1 @hzln  @Bedah.Cun

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 19-3-2017 04:37 PM | Show all posts
Because she broke tradition by learning a ‘male’ instrument, Kelabit music has been exported to the world.
KUALA LUMPUR: When Alena Murang first wanted to play the sape, her teacher, famed Kenyah sape player Mathew Ngau Jau, was hesitant.
In the olden days, the sape, a traditional two-stringed lute, was considered taboo for women to even touch, let alone play. It was played by male shamans and men from the Orang Ulu community only.
“My seven cousins and I wanted to learn the sape and we were all girls,” said Alena, adding that Mathew struggled with his decision whether or not to take them on as students.

But when he started to teach them, teacher and students received nothing but support and encouragement from their community.
“As women, we should always question why we face restrictions,” said the soulful Kelabit-Italian lass.
Now, some 15 years later, the 28-year-old is an accomplished musician, dancer, choreographer, visual artist, social entrepreneur and music teacher.
In fact, she had rushed over from home for the interview, where she holds private sape lessons.
“My student was late, so I’m a little late,” laughed the lanky Kuching lass, who stuns in minimal make-up and native jewellery.
Impassioned and articulate, Alena – who has performed traditional Kenyah and Kelabit songs on her traditional four-stringed pentatonic sape globally – has a mission to preserve, promote and most importantly, celebrate her Borneo heritage.
“Everybody inherits a culture. So open yourself up as a vessel to accept it,” she said.
Although she was born to a Kelabit father, it was her mother, an Italian anthropologist, who fostered Alena’s interests in Kelabit culture.
She took up ngarang (long dance with the women holding hornbill feathers and the men in warrior attire) when she was six and learnt the sape when she was 13.
“Recently, a Chinese friend told me he wished he was Iban just so that he could have a culture.
“I told him that he already has one, that he should learn the lion dance or Chinese drums,” she said.
Besides folk songs, Alena also performs old Kelabit chants, love songs and dances.
Her performances are a way of sharing these dying art forms.
Last year, Alena performed at the Paris Fashion Week in France, at the Matrade Centre in Netherlands and at the Sawahlunto International Music Festival in Indonesia.
Alena has also held workshops in Phnom Penh, Cambodia and across the United States.
“I’m now looking for different avenues to showcase my music.
“For example, my track was used as a jingle on Channel News Asia and it’s a way for me to put Borneo music out there,” said Alena, who has a degree in management from The University of Manchester.
Alena also currently runs ART4, a social enterprise she started in 2015 after graduating from the LaSalle College of the Arts in Singapore.
“It combines art, music and social impact projects,” she explained.
From repairing bridges to sponsoring the education of a Penan girl, the revenue from ART4 goes back into helping the Borneo community.
Now, Alena is looking for ways to revive Kelabit lyrics and songs.
Her EP Flight, which was released in September last year, has a five-track album with two songs in Kelabit and three in Kenyah.
“There’s been a great loss of Kelabit culture from my father’s time as emphasis shifted to learning Malay and English,” Alena said, adding that she is learning old songs and interpreting them so that she could pass them down to the next generation.
“Never let being a woman stop you from doing what you want to do.
“We should lean into our strength of being women because there are things men cannot do – that only we can,” she said.

Read more at http://www.thestar.com.my/news/n ... 5xJWD1ORHTi7oQEb.99

Use magic Report

Post time 19-3-2017 04:39 PM | Show all posts
awek awek bangsa ulu ni ... kelabit .. penan .. lun bawang ... mmg shantek shantek ....

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-3-2017 04:40 PM | Show all posts
buat hiburan @.aetis.  baka huduh, dari minah ulu banat Sarawak yg tidak dihenjut Belanda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK8Ztuiv1lQ

Use magic Report

Post time 19-3-2017 04:43 PM | Show all posts
MissNigga replied at 19-3-2017 04:39 PM
awek awek bangsa ulu ni ... kelabit .. penan .. lun bawang ... mmg shantek shantek ....

keturunan dah dibaiki ke..

Use magic Report

Post time 19-3-2017 04:43 PM | Show all posts

merdu bangat petikan sape ni ...
rindunya ngan sarawak

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 19-3-2017 04:44 PM | Show all posts
... semoga indon bisa belajar gimana bisa cantik tanpa henjutan Belanda ...   @.aetis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkahBIRMDJ8

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-3-2017 04:46 PM | Show all posts
MissNigga replied at 19-3-2017 04:43 PM
merdu bangat petikan sape ni ...
rindunya ngan sarawak

yuppp, aku pun suka Sape, Yisheng, Sitar dan yg sewaktu dengan nya...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 19-3-2017 04:47 PM | Show all posts
"As women, we should always question why we face restrictions,” said the soulful Kelabit-Italian lass.

Tapi henjutan Itali

Use magic Report

Post time 19-3-2017 04:48 PM | Show all posts
ronapink replied at 19-3-2017 04:43 PM
keturunan dah dibaiki ke..

nope.. yang pure [unya .. shantek deyols lain jer...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-3-2017 04:50 PM | Show all posts
kejap lagi indon akan klaim Sape asal Indon, seperti mana indon klaim Dodol makanan asal Goa   @.aetis.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg ... e4ee1b32aba3108.jpg

Use magic Report

Post time 19-3-2017 04:51 PM | Show all posts
pyropura replied at 19-3-2017 04:46 PM
yuppp, aku pun suka Sape, Yisheng, Sitar dan yg sewaktu dengan nya...

ni utk tatapan abam pyro ....
topless girl dancing with sape music ...
suker sangat pergerakan anak dara sunti ni .. very smooth ... persis seperti burung kenyalang sedang berterbangan diangkasa ...

Use magic Report

Post time 19-3-2017 04:52 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Awek sabahan kadazandusun pun cantik lah. Tak perlu mix mix.... masa unduk ngadau bulan nanti datanglah kdca, meriah

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-3-2017 04:52 PM | Show all posts
kibodwatriuh replied at 19-3-2017 04:47 PM
"As women, we should always question why we face restrictions,” said the soulful Kelabit-Italian la ...

tapi indon cakap Malon kena henjut portugis pun tak shantek ... @.aetis.

Use magic Report

Post time 19-3-2017 04:56 PM | Show all posts
MissNigga replied at 19-3-2017 04:48 PM
nope.. yang pure [unya .. shantek deyols lain jer...

lelaki handsome tak??ketak-ketak tak???

Use magic Report

Post time 19-3-2017 05:01 PM | Show all posts
wana89 replied at 19-3-2017 04:56 PM
lelaki handsome tak??ketak-ketak tak???

uols bayangkan lelaki lelaki melayu yang dok dok kampung ... yang bekerja kampung ...
badan taff but so lean .. bukannya macam badan jatey urban yang pi gym ... ketak ketak macam kena inject ngan steroid ...
merecik recik habis koooooooooooooo

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 19-3-2017 05:03 PM | Show all posts
She was born to a Kelabit father, but it was really her English-Italian mother – an anthropologist
aku hengat tadi memang asli hulu banat rupenye ummah urban anak kokesen ,,bukan keturunan genetik tengokla anak cucunye mesti muke keling sume

Use magic Report

Post time 19-3-2017 05:03 PM | Show all posts
Edited by .aetis. at 19-3-2017 05:07 PM
pyropura replied at 19-3-2017 04:52 PM
tapi indon cakap Malon kena henjut portugis pun tak shantek ...  @.aetis.

cuma keturunan pertama je yang cantik keturunan setelahnye muke keling sume

nampak sangat kan malon genetik hodoh hanya mampu sampai satu keturunan je

ini bukan orang hulu banat ini ummah urban kaye raye ni ,,tak dodok kat pedalaman hutan pon

Use magic Report

Post time 19-3-2017 05:06 PM | Show all posts
kibodwatriuh replied at 19-3-2017 04:47 PM
"As women, we should always question why we face restrictions,” said the soulful Kelabit-Italian la ...

malon kantoi oleh kawan sebangsanye sendirik

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-3-2017 05:07 PM | Show all posts
.aetis. replied at 19-3-2017 05:03 PM
She was born to a Kelabit father, but it was really her English-Italian mother – an anthropologist

tengok post 14#  

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

19-4-2024 12:41 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.180927 second(s), 50 queries .