12Next
Return to list New
View: 25509|Reply: 35

[Buku] ...TRAVEL BOOKS...

[Copy link]
Post time 22-3-2017 04:55 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by seribulan at 22-3-2017 04:04 PM

10 Books that Will Inspire You to Travel the World

If you love virtually exploring foreign landscapes and cultures, these books are your next must-read

BY COREY WHELAN

The Piano Shop on the Left Bank: Discovering a Forgotten Passion in a Paris Atelier
by Thad Carhart

VIA AMAZON.COMA captivating delight for Francophiles, and everyone else, Carhart's personal account of recapturing a long lost, childhood passion for piano, is seeped, in the scents, sights, and essence, of a Paris, few experience first-hand. The Piano Shop on the Left Bank is a jewel of a book, which abundantly, and joyously, transports the reader to a musical, hidden world, unrealized by most mere mortals, on any continent. Here are 12 other biographies you should have read by now.
Under the Tuscan Sun: At Home in Italy, by Frances MayesVIA AMAZON.COMTold in prose so poetic, you can practically taste the luscious, regional recipes, Mayes includes in this biography, without ever entering a kitchen. A renowned poet, travel writer, and chef, Mayes tells the story of her life in Tuscany as an expat, and new home owner. If you enjoyed the movie of the same name, that's great, but don't pass up the book because you think you already know the story. Under the Tuscan Sun weaves a completely different tale in print, then it did on the screen. Check out these books that are better than the movies they're based on.

How Fast Can You Run by Harriet Levin MillanVIA AMAZON.COMMany people have heard of Africa's lost boys, but none tell their story quite so well as Harriet Levin Millan, who shares her first-hand account, in this elegantly written book. As inspirational as it is lustrous, the book follows the journey of lost boy, Michael Majok Kuch, as he sets off to find his mother, after his village is burned down in Southern Sudan. "When I met Mike, a South Sudanese 'Lost Boy' who told me his story, I was given this tremendous gift. I wanted to document his story in a way that would inspire people. I felt a tremendous desire to do this, before it was erased, the way my family's history, fleeing anti-Semitism in Russia, and Eastern Europe has been. I never knew my grandparent's real names, the names of the towns they came from, or the conditions of their migration to the U.S. There is power in understanding. I felt it was important to document Mike's story so that people could begin to understand the situation in South Sudan, and open their hearts to refugees. The displacement that happened to Mike and his family, could happen to any one of us. The perpetrators may change, but the history of humanity is a refugee narrative," shares Millan.
CONTENT CONTINUES BELOW AD

The Inspector Gamache Book Series, by Louise PennyVIA AMAZON.COMMystery lovers, rejoice! If you haven't thrilled to the murders and mayhem, brilliantly solved by likeable, Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, of the Surêté du Québec, you're in for a delicious treat. Set in Three Pines, a cozy, rural hamlet just north of the American border, each novel tells the story of a crime, against the backdrop of wintery-cold, Canadian life in a small town, to brilliant perfection. Start with Still Life, and make your way through the entire 13-set series. Here are 12 amazing page-turners you'll also love.
Down Under: Travels in a Sunburned Countryby Bill BrysonVIA AMAZON.COMPart travel guide, and part historical romp through Australia's multifaceted past, Down Under: Travels in a Sunburned Country, belongs in the back pocket of anyone planning to take a trip to the land of kangaroos and crocodiles. And for those not so fortunate, this delightful gumdrop of a book is not to be missed. Told with wry wit, and well-researched candor, Bryson's obvious delight in the Australian countryside is apparent on every page. Find out how to read books online for free.
The Heat and Dust Project: The Broke Couple's Guide to Bharat by Saurav Jha and Devapriya RoyVIA AMAZON.COMA young married couple, who seemingly have it all, opt to chuck their cushy life in South Delhi for an extended romp across their country's eclectic panoramas. A land of contradictions, the magic of India is poignantly juxtaposed against its seamier side, in this true tale of exploration and its affect on their relationship. The Heat and Dust Project explores the terrain of the heart, as strikingly as it does Bharat.

The Alaskan Laundry by Brendan JonesVIA AMAZON.COMA heartwarming, coming-of-age novel, The Alaskan Laundry tells the story of Tara Marconi, a young, unmoored woman, who finds her sea legs, and then some, in the rugged, harsh, Alaskan wild. All the majesty of the Rock, a frigid, remote, Alaskan outpost, comes alive, as Tara finds her strength, and carves out her destiny, in a stereotypical, man's world. Check out the 18 good books you can read in a day.
Ready to Burst by Frankétienne, translated by Kaiama L. GloverVIA AMAZON.COMWritten by one of Haiti's most beloved poets, Ready to Burst paints a vibrant picture of the island, while laying bare the tyranny, and brutality, of François Duvalier's dictatorship. Seen through the eyes of a young, Haitian man, the astounding power of this novel comes alive, through the masterful use of poem and prose.
How Stella Got Her Groove Back, by Terry McMillanVIA AMAZON.COMA brilliant story of love after divorce, the real star of the story is the island of Jamaica, in the West Indies. Sundrenched, sexy, and dripping with a languorous vibe, the land of "Aye, Mon" is the perfect place for Stella to re-emerge into the land of the living, from the land of failed marriages. How Stella Got Her Groove Back is a great beach read and a feel-good novel, you won't want to miss.

Down the Nile: Alone in a Fisherman's Skiff, by Rosemary MahoneyVIA AMAZON.COMDetermined to travel the Nile, alone, in a small row boat, Mahoney battles astounding obstacles, including extreme heat, political unrest, and way more crocodiles then she bargained for. With the help of an understanding Muslim sailor, Mahoney survives the odds, and lives to tell her tale through a triumphant lens. The majesty of Egypt, juxtaposed with the extreme poverty of rural Egyptians, creates the backdrop for this remarkable story of place and personal passion.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 22-3-2017 05:06 PM | Show all posts
Ada lagi nak tambah?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 22-3-2017 06:55 PM | Show all posts
Edited by seribulan at 22-3-2017 06:03 PM
MY FAMILY AND OTHER ANIMALS

About Corfu Island..

First edition
Author
Country
United Kingdom
Language
English
Series
Subject
Gerald Durrell's life in Corfu
Genre
Autobiography
Published
ISBN
0755111974 (hardcover edition)
ISBN 0141321873 (paperback edition)
Followed byBirds, Beasts, and Relatives, The Garden of the Gods
My Family and Other Animals (1956) is an autobiographical work by British naturalist Gerald Durrell. It tells of the years that he lived as a child with his siblings and widowed mother on the Greek island of Corfu between 1935 and 1939. It describes the life of the Durrell family in a humorous manner, and explores the fauna of the island. It is the first and most well-known of Durrell's 'Corfu trilogy,' together with Birds, Beasts, and Relatives and The Garden of the Gods (1978).
Durrell had already written several successful books about his trips collecting animals in the wild for zoos when he published My Family and Other Animals in 1956. Its comic exaggeration of the foibles of his family – especially his eldest brother Lawrence Durrell, who became a celebrated novelist and poet– and his heartfelt appreciation of the natural world made it very successful. Durrell was able to found the Jersey Zoological Park (now known as the Durrell Wildlife Park) in the Channel Islands. He also became known as a novel-writer and television personality. His books helped stimulate the development of tourism in Corfu.[1]

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-3-2017 08:23 AM | Show all posts
13 Travel Books That Will Give You Serious Wanderlust
December 19, 2013 / By NomadicMatt

The end of the year is just that time for favorites lists. Last week, I wrote about my favorite blogs of 2013, and this week, I want to talk travel books. Part of the tool belt of any traveler is a good book. Long bus, train, or plane rides can get pretty boring and can give you a lot of “dead” time if you haven’t mastered the art of the 10-hour blank stare.
When I started this blog, I put up a blog post on my favorite books, and since I’m a voracious reader, my list has greatly expanded since then. If you’re looking for some great reads, here are my current book suggestions to inspire you to travel far-off lands:

The AlchemistA story about following your dreams, this is one of the most read books in recent history. The story follows a young shepherd boy from Spain to Egypt as he follows his heart, goes with the flow, and learns to love and the meaning of life. The book is filled with wonderful and inspirational quotes, like my favorite: “If you can concentrate always on the present, you’ll be a happy man… Life will be a party for you, a grand festival, because life is the moment we’re living right now.” I’ve read this book multiple times. A book about following your dreams is a great book for dreamer… and we travelers certainly are dreamers.

Love With a Chance of DrowningThis book is written by travel blogger Torre DeRoche, and while I normally don’t like “chick travel love” stories, I couldn’t put this down. It’s a beautifully written book about overcoming her fear of the ocean to sail across the Pacific with her boyfriend. The way she describes the scenery, the people, and her experience makes me want to follow in her footsteps. It’s the best travel book I’ve read all year. Here is my interview with her from earlier in the year.

The Turk Who Loved Apples: And Other Tales of Losing My Way Around the World  Written by my friend Matt Gross, this book by the NYT’s former Frugal Traveler is about his misadventures and lessons from decades of travel. A lot of what he’s written resonates with me, especially his thoughts working in travel, being a solo traveler, and living in Southeast Asia. It’s a great book and very well written. I did a video interview with him earlier this year too and we joke about our very different feelings on Vietnam.

On the RoadWritten in 1957, Jack Kerouac’s Beat Generation classic is a timeless travel novel. The story follows his character, Sal, as he leaves New York City and heads west, riding the rails, making friends, and partying the night away. The main character’s frustration and desire to see the world are themes that can resonate with many of us. What I especially love about this story is that through all his travel adventures, he becomes a better, stronger, and more confident person. I can personally relate to that.

Unlikely Destinations: The Lonely Planet Story
Written by the founders of Lonely Planet, this tome chronicles the start and rise of the company whose guidebook is probably in your backpack or on your bookshelf right now. The story follows them from England in the 1970s to the beginning of the 21st century. In between, you hear all their travel tales and learn about their early business struggles. While the book drags in some parts, it is ultimately a fascinating read about the company that helped start the travel guidebook industry and forever changed how we travel.

The Island at the Center of the World: The Epic Story of Dutch Manhattan and the Forgotten Colony That Shaped AmericaNothing beats New York City, and this book by Russell Shorto explores the city’s founding. You can’t understand a place if you don’t understand its history, and this book discusses the Dutch founding of New York and how they lost it to the British. It’s a fascinating read, and now when I walk around New York City, I have a different perspective on it thanks to this book. (He just published a new book on Amsterdam that I bought but haven’t read yet.)

The BeachBesides The Alchemist, this is probably my favorite travel book. (I like the movie too, but the book is way better.) What I love about Alex Garland’s tale about backpackers and their search for paradise is that you can identify with Richard and his quest to “do something different and get off the beaten path,” but in the end see that as an illusion. It’s also a good tale about how backpackers’ search for the ideal can end up ruining that ideal. I love this book a lot — I’ve read it twice. Now that I am writing about it again, I think I might re-read it soon.

Vagabonding: An Uncommon Guide to the Art of Long-Term World TravelWritten by the godfather of vagabonding, Rolf Potts, this book is a must-read for those new to long-term travel. Rolf spent 10 years on the road (he even walked across Israel), and his book contains valuable insights, interesting quotes, and a lot of practical information. From saving to planning to life on the road, this is a must for newbies. It’s an inspirational book and one that really affected me when I was planning my trip. His book was re-released last month and I interviewed him about his book.

In A Sunburned CountryIt’s hard to pick just one book by Bill Bryson that’s good, because they all are. He’s one of the most prolific and recognized names in travel writing. This book chronicles a journey through Australia and takes you from east to west, through tiny little mining towns, forgotten coastal cities, and off-the-beaten-path forests. Bryson includes lots of trivia in his tale as he travels around in awe — and sometimes in fear (thanks to box jellyfish, riptides, crocs, spiders, and snakes) — of this enormous country. This is the book that inspired me to go to Australia.

The Geography of Bliss: One Grump’s Search for the Happiest Places in the WorldWriter and NPR correspondent Eric Weiner set out on a yearlong journey to find the world’s happiest places. He heads to places like Iceland, Qatar, Denmark, India, and Moldova (the world’s most unhappy place) on his quest, and while he never finds the secret to happiness, his journey makes for an amazing and lighthearted read. In trying to answer the question “what makes a society happy?,” Weiner has some interesting interactions with locals and the cultural experiences.

Seven Ages of ParisOK, maybe Paris beats New York. This book skips around a lot but it highlights the main influential periods of Parisian history, taking you from the early middle-ages to the 20th century. It’s very dense, and I found myself re-reading a few parts. While I like more linear history books, this is a good overview of Parisian history.

Cruising Altitude: Tales of Crashpads, Crew Drama, and Crazy Passengers at 35,000 FeetThis book by Heather Poole is about life as a flight attendant. I, ironically, picked it up at an airport and read it on a plane. It’s a quick, light read about what it’s like to work at 35,000 feet. It had some funny stories and gave me a new appreciation for just how hard those flight attendants work and how much crap they have to put up with! I was lucky enough to talk to Heather last year about her book.

Paris Was OursAnother book on Paris because I love the city so much. This book showcases 32 writers from around the world who moved to Paris and talk about their time there. They share personal stories of how they learned to cook, study, and integrate into Parisian life. This book dives into the good, the bad, and the ugly, but shows just how much of a lasting effect Paris can have on people.
That’s my current top list. I have some more books at the bottom of my resources section and currently have queued up over 20 other travel books on my Amazon wish list (including some recommendations from readers).

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-3-2017 08:27 AM | Show all posts
18 Tips Menulis Dan Terbitkan Buku Travelog Dari 2 Penulis Bestseller
Ida Latif
June 9, 20158:30 PM

Nota Editor: 18 Tips berikut telah dikongsikan oleh 2 penulis ‘bestseller’ buku travelog iaitu penulis buku Advantura Pulang Ke Malaya (oleh Badrul Hisham) dan buku Travelog Mr Traveller (oleh Meor Farid Asyradi). Kami kongsikan semula di sini dengan izin dari 2 penulis ini. Semoga ia dapat dijadikan panduan buat anda yang turut ingin berkongsi pengalaman pengembaraan anda di dalam sebuah buku seperti mereka.

Kita mulakan dengan 8 tips berikut yang telah diberikan oleh Badrul Hisham yang telah berkayuh basikal dari London hingga ke Malaysia. Buku beliau yang bertajuk ‘Advantura Pulang Ke Malaya’ ini telah diterbitkan oleh DuBook Press.
Guide menulis buku travelog
1. PENGALAMAN yang berharga korang yang tertulis di dalam diari atau pun facebook boleh ditukarkan menjadi sebuah buku dan menjadi duit dan juga menjadikan inspirasi kepada kawan lain.
2. AYAT tak perlu sastera dan bombastik seperti Faisal Tehrani untuk menulis sebuah buku travelog. Yang penting semua orang faham. Contohnya, saya pergi ke Masjid Biru di kota gah Istanbul dan melihat seorang wanita berkulit putih langsat. Hati saya jatuh ke lantai (ayat straight forward tak berbunga)

Program Nasi Lemak Kopi O mengajak Sham untuk berkongsi pengalaman Sham setelah melihat muka depan buku Sham. Tak sangka buku ni sangat memberi inspirasi kepada ramai orang.
3. PENULISAN ni perlukan dedikasi dan kesabaran. Kalau korang dapat sabar melayan karenah orang Mesir yang kurang hajar dan kasar Italy, menulis buku ini lagi mudah dari melayan mereka.
4. JENIS– Ada dua jenis travelog. Yang pertama korang cerita tentang perjalanan day by day. Yang kedua jalan penceritaan lebih kepada benda yang best berlaku contohnya pengalaman kena kejar orang Arab di Mesir.
5. Dalam menulis travelog ini, mudah. Open Microsoft Word dan terus start menulis. Tidak ada limit words. Its all up to your imagination. Setiap hari target 1000 words tulis.

Ski is a part of my heart and I love what I do. Surely , I will pass it down to my child — in Zakopane.
6. PRINTING – Cetak sendiri memang untung banyak cuma kena kuat buat promotion sendiri. Cetak menggunakan publisher pula untung in the long run dan ramai yang akan beli.
7. Publisher – Selepas siap menulis di dalam word. Proses yang seterusnya ialah hantar kepada Karangkraf , Lejenpress, Fixie, Utusan, Popular atau MPH untuk mereka menilai sama ada untuk publish buku anda ke tidak. Kuncinya ialah percaya akan ada pihak yang ingin bekerjasama.
8. Enjoy – Penulisan korang ini ialah bukti kepada anak cucu cicit bahawa korang telah berjaya menggapai impian. Tulis dengan perasaan enjoy untuk memberi inspirasi kepada anak cucu cicit anda.

Cinta sejati!!
Apakah itu cinta sejati? Ini story best. Pakcik dan makcik lejen ni masa muda mengalahkan aku. Mereka sewa kereta bersama 3 sahabat dan drive dari Canada merentas America sampai Mexico. Abis satu America mereka pusing. Beribu ribu kilometer. Disneyland, Hollywood, New York, Niagara Falls. Semua dah sampai.
Standard traveller, yang penting murah dan perjalanan seronok. Tidur kat petrol station dan makan apa yang ada asalkan halal. Sweet story. Traveller bercinta dengan traveller sambil merantau. Lepas abis ja mereka study di Amerika, balik Malaysia terus kahwin dan sambung travel. Happy ending….
Yang bikin panas makcik tu tanya kat Sham “makcik ada travel partner, Sham ada tak? “

Dalam banyak-banyak gambar kiriman pembaca. Gambar inilah paling rare. Menitis air mata tengok. Terharu bila pembaca ambil gambar buku saya sama macam cover buku – Meor.
Berikut pula 10 tips yang telah dikongsikan oleh Meor yang telah menulis dan menerbitkan sendiri buku beliau yang bertajuk ‘Travelog Mr Traveller’.
Tips menulis dan terbit sendiri buku seperti genre travelog :
1. Pengalaman
Setiap apa yang kita tulis adalah berkaitan pengalaman atau keilmuan pengetahuan kita, tanpa perkara tersebut mana mungkin boleh diterjemahkan dalam bentuk tulisan. Boleh juga tanpa pengalaman tapi ia akan jadi bentuk khayalan dan bayangan.
Pengalaman itu kita ingin kongsikan bersama seramai mungkin, maka caranya adalah melalui penulisan. Pesan tuan Syeikh, “Peluru boleh tembus satu kepala tetapi tulisan mampu menembusi jutaan kepala malah lebih”.
2. Mood Menulis
Ini part yang paling sukar untuk diwujudkan. Niat menulis ada tidak cukup tanpa mood, begitu juga minat sahaja tanpa ada kesungguhan terhadapnya. Memang semua orang boleh cakap, “aku nak sangat menulis” tapi ia hanya meniti di bibir sahaja.
Jujur saya katakan, mood menulis saya muncul setelah setahun pulang dari kembara di Eropah sedangkan niat sudah lama untuk menulis. Apabila mood sudah muncul, kurang sebulan sahaja buku berjaya ditulis sepenuhnya. Cuba cari mood itu atau letakkan due date kita untuk disiapkan.

Ada seorang India sanggup datang dari jauh ke PWTC untuk jumpa dan beli buku saya. Satu family datang. Selain itu,ada pembaca yang bagitahu dia terbeli sahaja buku saya ni. Tak minat sangat membaca. Tapi bila dah start buka buku saya dia mampu habiskan dalam masa 5 Jam. 340 muka surat. Sangat terharu.
3. Bentuk penulisan.
Ini juga termasuk dalam corak atau design kisah yang ingin kita sampaikan. Ada penulis yang mengambil tajuk-tajuk menarik untuk dihighlight kan. Sebagai contoh “ Terlepas Flight “, “Hilang Passport”, Terjumpa “Jodoh”, “Budaya Diorang” dan sebagainya. Tajuk tajuk sebegini adalah penarik dalam isi kandungan agar pembaca ingin rasa nak tahu. Ada juga buku travelog yang lebih kepada gambar dan diskripsi gambar tersebut.
Seperti saya, saya ambil pendekatan seperti novel, saya jadikan penulisan Travelog MR Traveller sebagai sebuah jalan cerita yang ada kronologi kesinambungan, kerana itu jika buka buku saya, isi kandungannya adalah Hari Pertama, Kedua hinggalah terakhir. Pembaca tidak boleh memilih tajuk kerana saya ingin pembaca hanyut dalam tulisan. Saya juga selitkan elemen throwback agar pembaca terbuai seketika. Banyak juga penulis yang menggunakan elemen sebegini.
Ayat juga tidak perlu terlalu puitis, yang penting maksud sampai kepada pembaca. Sebagai contoh, “Seorang diri, aku menaiki kereta api tersebut tepat pada masanya. Jika terlewat, sudah pasti segala rancanganku akan turut mendapat impaknya. Musnah.” Ini ayat mudah faham.
4. Pemilihan Tajuk
Ini sebagai penarik utama supaya pembaca ingin belek buku kita. Sebagai contoh, saya tertarik dengan tajuk “ ADVantura Pulang ke Malaya “, ada unsur membuatkan pembaca ingin tahu. Kita juga boleh memilih tajuk yang Nampak gempak dan sebagainya. Kalau boleh minta pendapat kawan-kawan mintalah. Kadang-kadang mungkin tajuk tu kita rasa best tetapi tidak pada pembaca. Justeru ia perlu pada pemilihan yang tepat. Seperti tajuk buku saya memang saya yang pilih sendiri dan MR Traveller itu memang kawan-kawan yang panggil. Justeru saya selitkan nama tersebut.
5. Pruf/Edit
Ini juga part yang paling sukar setelah selesai penulisan hingga ke hujung ayat. Jangan sangka kita tidak terlepas dari TYPO. Kadang-kadang kita tidak perasan, justeru ambil mana-mana editor, upahlah mereka untuk menyemak ejaan dan ayat kita. Seperti saya ada kenalan yang ingin bantu secara percuma. Tetapi saya tetap bayar kepadanya kerana bukan mudah untuk semak ayat tambahan pula banyak perkataan. Saya sendiri sudah baca berpuluh kali tulisan sendiri sebelum ia dicetak. Namun masih ada kesilapan. Itulah antara bukti manusia tidak terlepas daripada kesilapan
Selain itu dari segi Layout buku. Ini amat mustahak sebelum dicetak. Jika tiada kemahiran untuk gunakan Adobe Indesign. Upahlah mana-mana freelance yang mahir dalam bab ini. Mahal juga nak bayar tu. Ada yang mencecah ribuan ringgit. Macam saya belajar sendiri sahaja. Jimat.

Ada seorang pembaca ni dia pusing Europe guna cara saya. 2 kali khatam buku saya dalm kereta api.
6. Daftar ISBN di Perpustakaan Negara
Ini antara perkara yang perlu dibuat, kalau kita hantar kepada penerbit tidak perlu fikirkan soal ini. Tetapi jika terbit sendiri perlu kepada ini. ISBN atau International Standard Book Number ini ISBN diperoleh daripada International ISBN Agensi yang berpusat di London .
Perpustakaan Negara Malaysia telah dilantik sebagai Pusat Kebangsaan ISBN di Malaysia dan diberikan secara percuma. Ia juga antara bentuk promosi daripada pihak perpustakaan dan dalam urusan pengkatalogan. Boleh mohon melalui email ataupun direct terus ke perpustakaan Negara. Hanya perlu bawa gambar kulit buku dan isi borang yang disediakan. Dalam masa 3 hari boleh siap. Then, dalam tempoh sebulan setelah diterbitkan. 5 Naskah perlu diserahkan kepada perpustakaan Negara. Wajib.
Boleh rujuk laman web : Mae.pnm.gov.my
7. Design Cover
Ini adalah muqaddimah dalam marketing. Ia sebagai penarik untuk pembaca belek buku kita lantas membelinya. Kadang-kadang ada juga cover yang biasa tetapi isinya hebat. Untuk cover ini, kalau tiada kemahiran untuk seni design, upahlah designer. Laburkan sedikit wang untuk buku kita yang terbaik.
8. Pilih Tempat Cetak
Pemilihan tempat cetak ini juga perlu diteliti sebaiknya. Untuk tahu tempat cetak yang biasa digunakan oleh publisher, boleh rujuk di mana-mana buku bahagian hak cipta. Biasanya muka surat pertama. Akan ada nama pusat percetakan. Boleh search dan hubungi pusat percetakan tersebut. Sebagai contoh, saya memilih percetakan BS Print di Kuchai Lama. Saya amat berpuas hati dengan perkhidmatan yang diberikan. Kurang 10 hari proses cetakan boleh selesai.
9. Kos Percetakan
Ia berkait rapat dengan pemilihan tempat percetakan.Harga mungkin berbeza-beza. Buatlah perbandingan. Yang pasti Kos percetakan ini bergantung kepada jumlah percetakan. Jika banyak yang dicetak maka harga akan berkurangan. Ia juga adalah perkara rahsia dalam mana-mana bisnes pon. Harga modal itu tidak akan dikhabarkan kepada pembeli. Tapi saya maklumkan di sini untuk berkongsi. Sebagai contoh :
Buku dengan 200 Muka surat (hitam putih) untuk 1000 cetakan : harga boleh jatuh Sekitar RM3 hingga RM5 seunit termasuk cover buku biasa.
Contoh Modal buku RM 5 : Jual RM 20 (letak harga sendiri setelah dibandingkan dengan harga-harga buku di pasarana) : So untung bersih RM15 sebuah buku. Inilah antara kelebihan jika terbit sendiri. Sekiranya dapat jual buku tersebut 1000 Naskah. Maka untung bersih adalah RM15 000 setelah ditolak dengan modal RM5000. Ini jika jual dengan harga sebenar. “RM20”
Jika terbit dengan publisher akan dapat royalti. Contoh 10%. Harga buku RM20. Maka penulis akan dibayar Rm2 untuk sebuah buku.
Nampak menarik dan best kan dengan keuntungan terbit sendiri, tapi kena fikirkan juga berkaitan strategi marketing dan risiko yang bakal ditanggung sepenuhnya jika buku kita tidak terjual. Modal cetak kita keluarkan sendiri. Berbeza dengan terbit dengan publisher. Segalanya diurus dan ditanggung oleh mereka. Penulis hanya senyum jer bila royalti diterima
Kena faham, modal buku ini juga bukan semata-mata pada harga cetakan. Tetapi masa, “mood” dan tenaga penulis atau penerbit yang telah dilaburkan untuk menyiapkan buku itu. Belum lagi kos untuk strategi promosi bayar ejen dan sebagainya. Serius memenatkan. So, janganlah kita pertikai. “Harga modal rendah jer tapi jual mahal.”

10. Strategi Marketing
Ini part yang paling sukar dan perlukan kepada tumpuan sepenuhnya. Kita sudah laburkan ribuan ringgit maka ini adalah masa untuk kita menuainya.
Online marketing adalah antara yang sangat berpengaruh era ini. Melalui FB, Instagram, Twitter dan sebagainya. Cuba viralkan produk kita itu sebaik mungkin. Kuasa share itu juga sangat kuat. Mustahak.
Melalui pesta buku juga adalah tapak yang baik untuk kita perkenalkan buku kita. Berilah diskaun sebanyak mungkin. Sebagai contoh Diskaun 30% atau jika buku kita RM20, kurangkan jadi RM15. Untung masih ada.
Seterusnya melalui kedai buku seperti MPH. Kebiasaannya diorang akan ambil separuh harga, dan bayaran hasil terjual akan dibayar dalam tempoh tertentu seperti 3 bulan, 6 bulan. Sekali bayar mengikut kepada jumlah jualan. Sebagai contoh harga buku RM20. So tolak kepada kedai buku RM10 setelah 50% diskaun. Maka apabila buku kita terjual, kita dapat RM10 untuk seunit. Tolak Modal RM5 bermakna untung bersih RM5.
Mudah cerita, kita sendiri yang kena usaha sebaiknya untuk perkenalkan produk kita, berbeza dengan ada publisher, diorang yang uruskan segalanya. Itu kelebihannya. Penulis tidak perlu pening atau tebal muka.
Yang best jika kita dapat pembaca yang tolong promosikan buku kita. Tapi untuk diorang tolong promosi, produk atau buku kita pastikan bermanfaat dan seronok dikongsi pembaca tanpa dipaksa. Maka buatlah yang terbaik.
So akhir sekali, bukan mudah nak terbit sendiri. Prosesnya amat lama juga dan bermain dengan risiko. Memang untung lebih tapi risikonya juga lebih. Tapi jika Berjaya nikmatnya sangat luar biasa. Dengan keuntungan cetakan pertama boleh di”rolling” pula untuk cetakan kedua. Dan cetakan kedua itu semunya adalah untung bersih. Infaklah sebahagian keuntungan itu kepada yang memerlukan. Insya Allah, berkat.
Istikhorahlah sebelum bercadang untuk terbit sendiri. Sekian.
Ingin dapatkan 2 buku menarik ini? Untuk buku Advantura Pulang Ke Malaya, tempahan boleh di buat secara online di website DuBook Press.
Bagi buku Travelog Mr Traveller pula, anda boleh hubungi Meor di Facebook Page Travelog MR. Traveller.
BACA: Daripada Gaji RM50,000 Menjadi Kosong Dan Bangkit Kembali, Inilah Kisah Kartunis Ujang
BACA juga: 19 Tips Survival Di Istanbul Dari Seorang Traveler Malaysia
LIKE dan FOLLOW Vocket di Facebook serta Instagram

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 28-3-2017 11:32 AM | Show all posts
buku Trinity, penulis Indonesia.

The Naked Traveler : 1 Year Round The World Trip Part 1

Kalau umumnya orang Indonesia jalan-jalan maksimum dua minggu, Trinity jalan-jalan selama satu tahun penuh! Ia telah mencapai lebih dari 144.577 km dan berkunjung ke 22 negara di dunia.

Apa saja sih yang harus dipersiapkan kalau mau jalan-jalan selama lebih dari 365 hari? Wuihh, pasti nggak kebayang deh. Mulai dari hal dasar seperti baju, bahan makanan, akomodasi, mengurus transportasi, sampai urus visa ke sana kemari.

Berbekal perencanaan matang dan tekad “gimana di sana lah ntar”, Trinity mantap melangkahkan kakinya dan bertualang mengitari bumi.

Di buku The Naked Traveler: 1 Year Round the World Trip Part 1 ini, kita akan diajak jalan-jalan keliling Eropa, Brasil, Cile, Peru, dan Ekuador. Mulai dari mengunjungi negara baru bernama Republik Uzupis, menangis di kamp konsentrasi Nazi di Auschwitz, menginap di penjara tua di Ljulbljana, mendaki kota Inca yang hilang di Machu Picchu, memancing ikan piranha di Sungai Amazon, hingga berenang bersama ratusan singa laut di Galapagos!

The Naked Traveler : 1 Year Round The World Trip Part 2

Cerita setahun jalan-jalan keliling dunia Trinity belum berakhir serunya! Masih ada Kolombia, Kuba, Jamaika, Meksiko, Guatemala, dan lain-lain yang menanti.

Apa saja sih yang seru di The Naked Traveler: 1 Year Round The World Trip Part 2 ini? Bersiaplah untuk berdebar-debar menyusup ke pusat kartel Kolombia, nyekar ke makam Che Guevara di Kuba, bertamu ke rumah Bob Marley di Jamaika, diving di gua suku Maya di Meksiko, hingga meluncur di air terjun di Guatemala.

Selain petualangan Trinity ke tempat-tempat yang eksotis itu, kita juga akan disuguhi berbagai cerita yang mengharu biru. Dalam satu tahun, menginap di berbagai hostel dan naik bus dengan bermacam kondisi, dipaksa cepat beradaptasi dengan bahasa yang asing di telinga, dan mengatur menu makan sehemat mungkin, tentu bukan perkara yang mudah. Namun, bukan Trinity namanya kalau tak berhasil mengubah situasi sulit jadi penuh gelak tawa.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 28-3-2017 11:36 AM | Show all posts

Buku ini mengisahkan cerita pengembaraan luar biasa Siti Noridah Ab. Rahaman yang telah ke negara bergolak Afghanistan secara solo pada musim luruh 2014 yang lalu. Beliau pernah ditangkap dan disoal siasat oleh askar Afghanistan dan dituduh sebagai agen perisik daripada Pakistan.

Semangat untuk mengembara ke tempat yang jarang dikunjungi membawa beliau ke sana untuk melihat sendiri realiti kehidupan warga Afghanistan yang telah lama terasing daripada dunia luar selepas era peperangan.

Yang biasa kita dengar diberita utama dunia hanyalah tentang bom berani mati, puak Taliban, konflik politik dan peperangan. Tapi ternyata, ada sesuatu yang manis dan indah boleh ditemui di Afghanistan.

Semoga kisah beliau menjadi teladan dan juga inspirasi kepada mereka yang ingin menjejakkan kaki di Afghanistan juga satu hari nanti.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 28-3-2017 04:47 PM | Show all posts
99 Cahaya di Langit Eropa

Menceritakan pengalaman yang luar biasa sebagai muslimah di negera Eropa, Hanum Salsabiela yang merupakan putri dari Amin Rais ini menuai banyak sekali pujian. Berbagai kota di Eropa seperti halnya, Paris, Granada, Wina, Cordoba, Istanbul, dan juga Madrid, menjadi saksi bisu kehidupan masyarakat muslim yang merupakan kaum minoritas.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 28-3-2017 04:49 PM | Show all posts
On the Road
Sebuah novel yang ditulis pada tahun 1957 oleh Jack Kerouac’s ini sangat menginspirasi para pembacanya. On the Road menceritakan tentang seorang pemuda bernama Sal yang meninggalkan kota New York dengan mengendarai kereta api dan menjalin pertemanan baru dengan orang-orang yang ditemuinya di perjalanan. Sebelum melakukan perjalanan, Sal merupakan sosok yang penuh rasa putus asa dan kecewa dengan kehidupannya. Namun setelah ambisi besarnya menjelajahi penjuru dunia muncul, ia menjadi lebih tangguh, kuat dan lebih percaya diri.

x

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-3-2017 08:02 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-3-2017 08:06 AM | Show all posts
My Favorite Travel Books of 2016
October 27, 2016 / By NomadicMatt

Travel books: I love reading them! They keep me inspired and educated, and help me pass the time on long flights, bus rides, and train rides.
Actually, I just love reading. When I was a child, I was an avid reader but that fell to the wayside as the years rolled on. However, last year, I started a book club in an effort to keep me on track and force me to read more. Now, I average a book a week (sometimes two if they are short).
At the end of 2015, I shared a list of some of my favorite books. As we get into the last few months of 2016, I want to share some more of the great stuff I’ve read this year. Here’s what I recommend putting in your Amazon queue:
1. A Year of Living Danishly, by Helen Russell
This was probably one of my favorite books all year. When her husband gets a job at the Lego offices in Jutland, journalist Helen Russell, unfulfilled in her job, decides to head to Denmark with him, freelance, and try to figure out why the Danes are so happy. From childcare, education, food, and interior design to taxes, sexism, and everything in between (turns out the Danes love to burn witches), Helen’s funny, poignant story kept me enthralled from start to finish. It’s informative, funny, and self-deprecating, and it tells a great story of someone trying to fit in. As someone who loves Denmark, has lots of Danish friends, and thinks Copenhagen is one of the best cities in the world, I couldn’t put this down. If you read just one book from this list, make it this one!
2. Eat Pray Eat, by Michael Booth
I found this book while roaming a bookstore in Thailand and, in need of a new book for my flight to the Philippines, picked it up. I’d never heard of Michael Booth before, but I loved the title. In this book, Michael and his family travel to India — in part because he decided to write a definitive book on Indian food (slightly overambitious!) and in part because his wife said it was about time they take a family trip and he reconnect with his kids. Along the way, the jaded and bitter Michael loses his cynicism and discovers that it’s never to late to change. I read this at a time I needed a bit of encouragement and inspiration, and I found Michael’s transformation a mirror for my own personal struggles. But beyond my personal reasons for enjoying this book, his dry British humor and attention to detail were captivating, and I have since ordered his new book on Scandinavia!
3. A Beginner’s Guide to Paradise, by Alex Sheshunoff
I get a lot of random travel books sent to me by authors hoping they will end up on the website. Sometimes I read the books, most of the times I don’t, but I picked up this one because the author sent a coconut with it and the title and cover art caught my eye. This book follows Alex as he quits his job in NYC at the end of the tech boom, moves to the South Pacific in search of the perfect life, and lugs a suitcase full of books with him to pass the time. He roams from island to island trying to find that “paradise” that we so crave (spoiler: it doesn’t exist) until one day he ends up on Palau, meets a woman, and decides to stay for a bit. Along the way, they build a house, adopt a monkey, learn the culture, and figure out life. It’s a funny, witty, and inspirational memoir that I couldn’t put down.
4. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck, by Mark Manson
Blogger, friend, and legend Mark Manson is one of the most well-known writers on the Internet. Chelsea Handler snapchats his stuff and Elizabeth Gilbert quoted him in one of her novels. Mark’s blog contains long articles on living a better life, relationships, and happiness. His new book bolted to the top of the best-seller list when it was released a month ago and still sits there today. I was lucky enough to receive an advance copy and really loved it. This book focuses on breaking down the myth that we’re all special, the illusion that we are owed happiness, and his plans on how to live a more stoic life — accepting things as they are, recognizing that problems can actually push us toward development, and becoming happy and better at the relationships we do have. This book is not about not caring, but about learning how to not sweat the small stuff and focus on the bigger picture.
5. The Backpacker, by John Harris
I picked up this book at a second-hand shop in Vietnam years ago, and it intrigued me as I was backpacking around Southeast Asia. Amazon suggested it to me recently, so I picked it up again for another read and found it’s still just as enthralling! John travels to India, where he meets Rick, who then persuades him to go to the Thai island of Ko Phangan, where John, Rick, and their new friend Dave pose as millionaire aristocrats. However, after getting on the wrong side of the Thai mafia, they leave for adrenaline-fueled journeys to Singapore, Indonesia, Australia, and Hong Kong. I’ve always wondered if this was a true story since so much of it seems far-fetched, but even if it’s all fake, it’s an entertaining read. Light, easy, and fun, it will get you excited for the road.
6. Walking the Nile, by Levison Wood
Adventurer Levison Wood has a dream: he wants to be the first person to walk the full length of the Nile. Like the author of the Amazon trek book I featured, Levison is looking to push himself to the limit and do something no one else has done. Starting at the source of the Nile (though this is very contested, since many countries claim to be the source), he starts walking… and walking… and walking. While not the most engrossing writer (side note: I feel this way about lots of adventurers-turned-writers: great stories, but poorly told), Wood still manages to weave a fascinating tale with plenty of insight into this part of Africa.
7. Backpacking with Dracula, by Leif Pettersen
Part travelogue, part history book, and part practical guide to Romania, this book recounts my friend Leif Pettersen’s travels through the country during his time as a guidebook writer for Lonely Planet. As someone who also loves Romania (it is such an underrated country. I don’t understand why more people don’t go!), I found his witty and funny retelling of Romanian history compelling and enjoyed all the travel tales he wove in between. I’m not sure some of practical tips still hold true but Pettersen’s book was a witty, funny, and good light read that will give a very good overview of the country! (There aren’t many books on Romania that do that!)
8. Skeletons on the Zahara, by Dean King
This enthralling narrative recounts the experiences of twelve American sailors who were shipwrecked off the coast of Africa in 1815, captured by desert nomads, sold into slavery, and taken on a two-month journey through the Sahara. This vivid account of courage, brotherhood, and survival was a page-turner. I’m not sure I would have survived similar circumstances. Based off accounts of the few survivors, it gives you a window in a part of the world and culture that wasn’t well understood during this period of time. I won’t reveal too much of the story (don’t Google it!), but this book captivated me from start to finish.
9. The Joys of Travel, by Thomas Swick
Veteran travel writer Thomas Swick (who I also interview in my travel writing course) writes about “the seven joys of travel” through a series of personal essays that detail the author’s experiences visiting destinations across the globe, including Munich, Bangkok, Sicily, Iowa, and Key West. I dig this book because it talks about the personal journey and meaning travel has for us. You can really relate to Swick’s experiences about how travel has changed him. (Plus, Swick is one of the best travel writers out there, so you’ll find this book terrifically written).
10. Encore Provence, by Peter Mayle
In his follow-up to A Year in Provence, Peter Mayle talks about how life has changed in the nine years since he wrote his original masterpiece. This book contains a series of essays and comments on the changes in the region, thoughts on the popularity of his first book, and a “how to guide” to visiting the area. Just as beautifully written as his previous book, I loved how he not only writes in detail on life in the region but also how he provides practical tips on visiting markets, what to buy, and where to eat, and even trashes a food writer for poor reporting of the food scene in the area! (It’s quite amazing!) This is a definite must read (after your read his first book!).
11. Getting Stoned with Savages, by J. Maarten Troost
In this follow-up to The Sex Lives of Cannibals, Troost finds himself back in the South Pacific, living in Vanuatu and Fiji. Though they spent two years in Washington, DC, after returning from living in Kiribati, he and his wife move back to the South Pacific after she gets a job, he gets fired, and they decide it’s a better place to start a family. Falling into one amusing misadventure after another, Troost struggles against typhoons, earthquakes, and giant centipedes and soon finds himself swept up in the laid-back, clothing-optional lifestyle of the islanders. The book is just as self-deprecating, funny, vivid, and interesting as all his others, and it cements Troost as one of my favorite modern travel writers.
12. Eating Vietnam, by Graham Holliday
While I don’t love Vietnam (I didn’t have a great experience there), I do love Vietnamese food! Holliday’s awesome book about the history and culture behind the country’s street cuisine provides a unique perspective on the country. He lived in Vietnam for over ten years, devouring anything he could get his hands on. In this engrossing and hunger-inducing book, you’ll wander through the back streets of Vietnam, learning about street food, and begin to understand the country and its people through their first love. Though I thought the book got a bit tedious in the end, after reading it, this book managed to spark a desire to return to Vietnam that I didn’t think I would ever have again!

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 24-5-2017 09:24 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
How i wish i have the time to actually enjoy the reading..hectic sgt rasa..tapi tade enjoyment..just to pay the bills..sigh

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 26-5-2017 11:41 PM | Show all posts
I'm sure everyone knew 'Eat, Pray, Love' by Elizabeth Gilbert, but since no one had posted about this book in this thread, so I will ;)
Eat Pray LoveONE WOMAN’S SEARCH FOR EVERYTHING ACROSS ITALY, INDIA AND INDONESIABy
Category: Biography & Memoir | Philosophy | Travel Writing
ABOUT EAT PRAY LOVE
A transformational journey through Italy, India, and Bali searching for pleasure and devotion—the massive bestseller from the author of Big Magic, on sale now!

This beautifully written, heartfelt memoir touched a nerve among both readers and reviewers. Elizabeth Gilbert tells how she made the difficult choice to leave behind all the trappings of modern American success (marriage, house in the country, career) and find, instead, what she truly wanted from life. Setting out for a year to study three different aspects of her nature amid three different cultures, Gilbert explored the art of pleasure in Italy and the art of devotion in India, and then a balance between the two on the Indonesian island of Bali. By turns rapturous and rueful, this wise and funny author (whom Booklist calls “Anne Lamott’s hip, yoga- practicing, footloose younger sister”) is poised to garner yet more adoring fans.

x

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 26-5-2017 11:52 PM | Show all posts
This book is the ultimate travel book. It has lots of photos (definitely engaging) since the photos were taken by a professional photographer. Plus, it's published by NatGeo!

DescriptionProduct Description
National Geographic takes you on a photographic tour of the world’s most spectacular destinations, inspiring tangible ideas for your next trip. Hundreds of the most breathtaking locales—both natural and man-made—are illustrated with vivid images taken by the organization's world-class photographers. These images, coupled with evocative text, feature a plethora of visual wonders: ancient monoliths, scenic islands, stunning artwork, electric cityscapes, white-sand seashores, rain forests, ancient cobbled streets, and both classic and innovative architecture. Loaded with hard service information for each location, Destinations of a Lifetime has it all: when to go, where to eat, where to stay, and what to do to ensure the most enriching and authentic experience.

Review
"This breathtaking, 320-page volume, published by National Geographic, contains 250 exquisite color photographs that will either inspire you to see the world or at least give you the opportunity to become the quintessential armchair traveler. It features hundreds of locales around the world, both natural and man-made, including ancient monoliths, scenic islands, white-sand seashores and rain forests. Images taken by some of the world’s premier photographers are accompanied by practical travel information for visitors to each place, including dining and lodging options."— The Wall Street Journal

"The world's most desirable holiday destinations—in pictures."—Theguardian.com

About the Author
DAN WESTERGREN took up photography after being taught how to develop film by an indulgent science teacher in the eighth grade. That early experience instilled in him a reverence for the classic, timeless feel of a wonderful photograph, a reverence that he continues to feel even with his job as Director of Photography for National Geographic Travel. In addition to photo editing forNational Geographic Traveler magazine andNatgeo.com/travel he has photographed a variety of stories, including expeditions up Mt. Kilimanjaro in Africa and Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn in the European Alps. Westergren also went on and photographed an expedition to ski the last degree to the North Pole. Over the years, he's shot some of the world's most intriguing people, places and experiences.

x

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 29-5-2017 01:19 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
woow byk info..nice2...slalu follow paulo coleho kat twitter...tue y taw psl The Alchemist...

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 7-6-2017 07:50 PM | Show all posts
My favourite: Lonely Planet

Each time I planning for a trip, I will bought LP for that particular countries. Mahal tapi berbaloi

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 23-12-2017 12:42 AM | Show all posts
I love to travel so much. Travelling is one of my passion. I don't have so many books about travelling. But these 3 books really capture my mind until now. You may find the books and read them.

1) 1,000 Places to See Before You Die by Patricia Schultz.

2) Neither Here nor There: Travels in Europe by Bill Bryson.

3) Soul Travellers: Turning Miles into Memories by by Andre Mokalu et. al.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 7-1-2018 07:15 PM | Show all posts
Travel Around The World in 80 days oleh Jules Verne

Baca buku nie masa kecik2 dulu

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-1-2018 04:43 PM | Show all posts
Edited by seribulan at 8-1-2018 03:45 PM

Baru beli

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-1-2018 04:44 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 06:07 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.151917 second(s), 72 queries .