Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 7166|Reply: 144

[Dunia] Golongan LGBTQ dalam masyarakat samawi

[Copy link]
Post time 19-4-2017 06:43 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
APRIL 14, 2017
Think you can't be gay and Muslim? You should see this powerful photo series.
ROBBIE COUCH

Lia Darjes, a Berlin-based photographer, admits she went into her latest photo project with one wrong impression.

Can you truly be at peace identifying as both Muslim and LGBTQ? She wasn't so sure.

"At the point when I started working on this project, I myself did not think that there are queer Muslims who manage to reconcile those two parts of their identities," she says.

Darjes learned, however, she was wrong.

Her series, "Being Queer. Feeling Muslim," which she shot between 2013 and 2015, captures faces and stories of LGBTQ Muslims living in Europe and North America.

As evidenced by the seven photos below, queer Muslims — an often underrepresented and misunderstood group — deserve for their diverse and eye-opening stories to be heard by a world that often fails to listen.

1. Ludovic, from Paris, said being gay and Muslim opened his eyes to the injustice faced by many oppressed groups.

All photos by Lia Darjes.
"In 2012, after I did not find one single imam in France who was willing to bury a transsexual Muslim, I founded a mosque that is inclusive and open to all in Paris. The reactions were quite vehement. Being Muslim, Arabic and gay and thus a member of several minority groups opened my eyes: Minorities are being discriminated against particularly in times of economic crisis. We have to know more about Islam, and we have to understand who we actually are in order to fight homophobia." — Ludovic

2. Samira, from Toronto, doesn't understand why others can't see that Muslims are just as diverse as Christians.

“I am from a country where it is punishable by death to be gay. 1979, when the Islamic Revolution began, my family immigrated to Canada, where I grew up pretty secular; maybe that was why I never had that moment of a coming out with my parents, I think they always knew that I am a lesbian. When 9/11 happened, all of a sudden I became Muslim — not because I was behaving differently but because people saw me differently. Just one look at my name and people act differently. Why don’t they understand that there are so many different ways of Islam in different countries, different traditions, different shapes? Why can they accept it for Christianity and Judaism but not for Islam?” — Samira
3. Joey, from Los Angeles, used to be an atheist, but one powerful novel opened his eyes to Islam.

“I was a pretty strong atheist and then I came across a copy of Michael Muhammad Knight’s novel, ‘The Taqwacores,’ about a fictional Muslim punk movement that kind of became true after being published. I purchased it, read it in just a couple of days and it opened my eyes a lot more to the religion. … In a way, I was very orthodox in my thoughts when putting the LGBT community and Islam together. Because on first sight, it looks dark when you look in the Quran and the Hadiths, it clearly can’t be OK. But then you can read other sources, other verses of the Quran, other Hadiths, and it gets clear that it is all a question of how you decide to interpret it.” — Joey
4. Amin, from Los Angeles, sometimes feels as though he's fighting two battles in the LGBTQ and Muslim communities.

“I find myself in the middle of two fronts – sometimes fighting within the Muslim community for more tolerance of LGBT people, and at other times fighting queer people and non-Muslims against the rampant Islamophobia in this country. I feel like I’m obligated to educate people on both sides. At the same time, I don’t feel the need to be validated by anyone. I don’t feel any great inner turmoil because of the various components of my identity. Like, I don’t necessarily feel excited by the prospect of a mosque for gay people. If there was a big mosque and people went and prayed together, I would still feel uncomfortable – gay or not. But I feel like people should have the right to do that. Is that weird? It sounds like I am in denial, doesn’t it?” — Amin
5. El-Farouk, and his husband, Troy, from Toronto, believe the Quran advocates for the acceptance of LGBTQ people.

"Where I am at today is not necessarily where I started. And I could tell you where I am now and it would sound rather a happy place. But the journey to that place has not been an easy one. I started with the notion that it was sinful [to be gay] and that those who practiced it were problematic at best. But that didn’t quite sort of seem right in the larger construct of the Quran and the Prophet that I believed to be true and actually had been taught. I don’t believe that homosexuality is a sin because sexuality in Islam is not a sin. Sexuality is something that God has given. And in verse 49.13. Allah says, ‘I created you to different nations and tribes and you may know and learn from each other.’ I just see queer folk as one of those nations or tribes." — El-Farouk
6. Sara, from New York, has always felt empowered by — not limited by — her Muslim faith.

“Islam has never been a part of my life that I felt limited by, it has always been a source of strength. I feel that I come out as Muslim rather than coming out as queer. Many people have a very strong preconception of what a Muslim woman looks like and how she behaves. And though, when I actually share this with people as something that is really important to me, they are often very confused.” — Sara
7. Jason, from Los Angeles, says converting to Islam was initially about connecting to God.

“When I converted to Islam a couple of years ago, [being gay] wasn’t an issue for me. I had just realized that I wanted to be a Muslim, and being a Muslim at that moment, as a very early young Muslim, it was all about my connection with God, and getting close to God. A month later, I realized that I needed to look to what the Quran and everybody says about being gay. … And everything was extremely negative, very, very negative. And it was very disturbing to me.” — Jason

Everywhere she went, Darjes found "people who wanted to be visible, who wanted to share their stories and ideas," she says.

Homophobia and transphobia are often used as tools to discriminate against queer Muslims. But by giving others a platform through her photo series, Darjes — who is straight, cisgender (non-transgender), and does not practice Islam — says she hopes her subjects help shift broader attitudes when it comes to accepting LGBTQ people of minority faiths.

"Breaking stereotypes," she notes, "has always been something that interests me."

To see more photos in "Being Queer. Feeling Muslim," visit Darjes' website.

Update: Some of the quotes in this article were updated on April14, 2017.

Share image: Lia Darjes.

http://www.upworthy.com/think-you-cant-be-gay-and-muslim-you-should-see-this-powerful-photo-series?c=ufb1

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 19-4-2017 07:03 PM | Show all posts
tolol2 nie cuba pesongkan ajaran kitab mereka  

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Post time 19-4-2017 08:36 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Akhlak dan hukum

Akhlak.bila nafsu di.kalahkan

Hukum bisa saja sebenonya dorongan nafsu
Ikut hukum.mmg salah, tp camna nk deal pada zaman terbuka cam hari ini kne ada akhlak tertinggi!! Toklehain hukum je, mcm ramai tau solat wajib, takyah ckp hukum pun, tp brapa ramai tak solat??? Judi arak??? Haram is haram homo ke riba tu haaa judi arak zina, tp yg tegur n cuba cegah sme ni manusia ada AKHLAK ke? So mana nk berubah!! Yg bahaya bila homo jadi cam riba, judi, arak di terima adat hidup haaaaa baru haru biru

Use magic Report

Post time 19-4-2017 08:46 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
aku pecaya yg Allah sebut dlm quran pasal pgharaman sodomi tu cuma merujuk kpd lelaki straight yg dah kawin tp kote still gatal nk henjut lubang budak jantan mcm amalan Bachabazi kat negara2 padang pasir tu..
i believe there is people born to be gay.dah mmg tuhan cipta dorg mcm tu siapa kita utk mengutuk ciptaanNya?

Bacha bāzī (Dari:

Use magic Report

Post time 19-4-2017 10:30 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Oh jadi ni nick baru ko acong?

Use magic Report

Post time 19-4-2017 10:33 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Saya tidak percaya people born tu be gay/ lesbo. Tu semua kawalan diri dan napsu. Ini pendapat saya. Suka hati saya nk kata apa. :zz

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 19-4-2017 10:42 PM | Show all posts
dilahirkan menjadi manusia dua alam ... merupakan satu cabaran yang sangat kuat Allah berikan kepada hambanya.

pasti ada hikmah disebalik apa yang telah ditakdirkan ...

Use magic Report

Post time 19-4-2017 11:03 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by jetrofa at 19-4-2017 11:21 PM

once upon a time there were two beautiful islands, island A and island B.  Both islands are very rich in biodiversity, flora and fauna,  natural resources and well balanced eco system.  two gays mike and joe were sent down to island A while a pair of straight couple adam n eve were dumped to island B.  As time goes by... (to be continued... )

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 19-4-2017 11:05 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Cantik adik samirah

Use magic Report

Post time 19-4-2017 11:35 PM | Show all posts
akak ok jah dengan golongan2 bapok lesbian bagai ini

Use magic Report

Post time 19-4-2017 11:40 PM | Show all posts
I suka gambar no 6 dan 7.

Use magic Report

Post time 19-4-2017 11:52 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by sabbath_shalom at 20-4-2017 12:00 AM
tripleid replied at 19-4-2017 08:46 PM
aku pecaya yg Allah sebut dlm quran pasal pgharaman sodomi tu cuma merujuk kpd lelaki straight yg da ...

Betul tu sis....dlm Al-Quran cuma sebut pengharaman hubungan lelaki dgn lelaki tu cuma untuk yang dah berkahwin.

Kisah kaum Lut tu tak jelas bila kaum nabi Lut dtg nak tangkap malaikat utk digangbang seperti kata para Muslim..dlm perjanjian Lama (written torah) disebut kaum lut nak tangkap malaikat tu kerana kedua-dua lelaki tu diramal oleh ahli nujum bhw kedua2 lelaki ty akan menghancur Gemorrah....dan memang Allah hantar malaikat tu utk kira jumlah manusia beriman dlm Gemorrah..kalau tak cukup Gemorrah akan dihancurkan dlm 1 malam.

Takda kaitn dengan gay gangbang

Use magic Report

Post time 19-4-2017 11:58 PM | Show all posts
el farouk dan shuben sheols macam dua dua bottom jah uols...
so nak dikira kapel cat dinding aka nipon paint ke camner?

Use magic Report

Post time 19-4-2017 11:59 PM | Show all posts
mujer_in_espejo replied at 19-4-2017 10:33 PM
Saya tidak percaya people born tu be gay/ lesbo. Tu semua kawalan diri dan napsu. Ini pendapat saya. ...

Huntonglah awak dilahirkan Bi boleh memilih layan selera straight sahaja, tapi most people can't...

Use magic Report

Post time 20-4-2017 12:00 AM | Show all posts

Aku percaya orientasi seksual adalah gifted .. bukan boleh dijual beli, atau dipaksa rela.
Dan agama itu adalah pilihan .. boleh terima atau tidak.

So for those LBGTQs .. you can be Muslim or not, religious or not. Terserah.
If you choose to be LBGTQ and practicing Muslim .. amalan ko antara ko dengan Tuhan saja.

Ironi nya Islam tu agama wahyu .. tapi nowadays dah macam man made. Kalau tak ikut majoriti, maka salah, murtad dan kafir la ko .. my advice utk golongan LBGTQ nie, you can't win over the majority. Pandai2 la blend diri dalam masyarakat.  Ada menda kita menang, ada menda kita kena mengalah.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 20-4-2017 12:02 AM | Show all posts
ajinomotonosuga replied at 19-4-2017 12:36 PM
Akhlak dan hukum

Akhlak.bila nafsu di.kalahkan

apakah akhlak tohan yg memilih utk membunuh semua bayi/kanak2 padahal kononnya ada kuasa utk membunuh firaun?

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 20-4-2017 12:02 AM | Show all posts
betul ke acik dengar kalau bottom tu switch jadi top, sheols susah nak klimaks...

Use magic Report

Post time 20-4-2017 12:05 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Acik_Whitney replied at 20-4-2017 12:02 AM
betul ke acik dengar kalau bottom tu switch jadi top, sheols susah nak klimaks...

Bkn ke top jd btm susah nak puas.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 20-4-2017 12:06 AM | Show all posts
mujer_in_espejo replied at 19-4-2017 02:33 PM
Saya tidak percaya people born tu be gay/ lesbo. Tu semua kawalan diri dan napsu. Ini pendapat saya. ...

selain manusia, terdapat sekurang2nya 450 spesis lain yg mengamalkan homoseks........ inikah bukti tohan maha sempurna? omm amithaba   

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 20-4-2017 12:07 AM | Show all posts
jetrofa replied at 19-4-2017 03:03 PM
once upon a time there were two beautiful islands, island A and island B.  Both islands are very ric ...

anak2 adam & eve tu amalkan incest.... inbred  

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

25-4-2024 04:53 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.101821 second(s), 49 queries .