Register

ADVERTISEMENT

123Next
Return to list New
View: 3760|Reply: 47

[Tempatan] rakyat kecewa dengan nasi lemak

Close [Copy link]
Post time 28-4-2017 11:27 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
I visited the morning market in Kulim, Kedah yesterday for vegetables and prawns. On my way out, I stumbled upon rows of stalls selling nasi lemak – so I made my way across the sea of people to a nasi lemak stall.

“How much does a packet of nasi lemak cost, makcik?” I asked, pointing at the table laden with nasi lemak packets.
“One ringgit twenty sen. It has egg and anchovies,” she replied in a thick northern Malay accent.

“Please pack three,” I said.

At home, my parents and I sat together to enjoy our breakfast. While mom poured teh tarik into our glasses, I eagerly unwrapped my nasi lemak only to get the shock of my life.

“Oh my God! So little! This is a rip off,” frowned mom as she looked over at the small portion of rice with three skinny anchovies and a one-fiftieth portion of an egg staring pitifully at me.

Upset with the extremely small portion, I took a mouthful of nasi lemak only to discover it tasted no different from plain rice.
“Check the other two packs of nasi lemak you bought,” said dad, hoping the others may contain a decent amount of anchovies and egg.

I did as I was told, and all three of our jaws dropped at the sight before us. The other packs had three and four anchovies respectively with eggs smaller than the size of a micro SIM card. The usual peanuts and slices of cucumber, found in any decent packet of nasi lemak, were nowhere to be found in ours.

Having lost my appetite at the sight of this lousy packet of food trying to masquerade as nasi lemak, I quickly snapped a picture of it and posted it to my Facebook page. In mere seconds, comments began pouring in.

Tian Eng – “Times are bad. In my area you’ll only get peanuts and cucumber for a RM1.50 nasi lemak”.

Kanjna Paranthaam – “In Shah Alam, a packet like this cost RM1.80.”

Shila MK – “You are so lucky you got 3 anchovies. In my area, all you get is rice and sambal.”

Karpagam Punithan – “This is why I stopped buying nasi lemak bungkus – cannot be trusted at all!”

Menaka Aryaduray – “What do you expect for RM1.20? Even in KL, without egg and cucumber it is not less than RM1.50.”
William Auh – “Please don’t blame the traders, they are making a living too. Cost of ingredients has gone up.”

Nesam Pillay – “We buy that same pack for RM3 here at Serdang.”

Thomas Yeoh – “Di Malaysia yang turun hanya hujan, yang lain semua naik!”

I read out the many comments I received to my parents and it made my dad chuckle.
“Be ready to hear more people grumble in a month’s time,” dad said, reminding me of the expensive and tasteless food we always end up with from the Ramadhan bazaar.

“Remember Tengku Adnan’s speech during KIMMA’s AGM last week where he accused mamaks of consuming ‘wang haram’ because they increased the price of teh tarik and roti canai?” I asked my dad.

“I wonder if he’d accuse the makcik selling nasi lemak of making ‘wang haram’ as well.”
Dad chuckled once again, refraining from commenting further (a good tactic to avoid having me quote him in my articles, I’d say).
“When the government cuts subsidies or increases the prices of goods, the people are advised to adjust their diet for health reasons, but when mamaks increase the price of their food items, they are blamed for making ‘wang haram’.”

“When the makcik reduces the quantity of her nasi lemak, many blame it on the rising cost of living but when mamaks raise the prices of teh tarik and roti canai, they are blamed for making ‘wang haram’.”

“I guess no one blames makciks and pakciks – not when the mamaks are an easy target,” I said while continuing to browse the stream of comments.

“Enough, now put away your phone and eat. If it’s not tasty, I have some curry and anchovies – we can have it with the nasi lemak,” said mom, urging me not to waste food.

I looked at my mom with a sour face as I forced the nasi lemak down my throat.

“Let’s go have breakfast at the mamak shop tomorrow, ok? A piece of roti canai also cost RM1.20 but we’d get to enjoy free dhal, free curry, free sambal, free tissue, free water to wash our hands, free usage of the electric fan and free wifi. That’s even better than this RM1.20 nasi lemak which is good for nothing.”

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 28-4-2017 11:31 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Gambar takder ingat ni mesin zaman mesin taip zaman Mastika

Use magic Report

Post time 28-4-2017 11:33 AM | Show all posts
kan...play victim sgt penual nasi lemak. sebenarnya diorg pun menanguk diair keruh.

prinsip 99% rezeki dari meniaga kononnya. tapi pencurik!

pencurik la..mengurang2kan timbang seumpamanya. apasalah jual 2.50 half egg + ikan ibilis. tapi ko letak lagi murah kurangkan 50% kuantiti/kauliti.

Use magic Report

Post time 28-4-2017 11:46 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
shamsadis replied at 28-4-2017 11:31 AM
Gambar takder  ingat ni mesin zaman mesin taip zaman Mastika

Nahh, nak sangat tengok gambar

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Post time 28-4-2017 11:49 AM | Show all posts
Itu le hakikatnya zaman sekarang ni.  Kalau nasi lemak bungkus cam tu le isinya.  Nasinya cam tak boleh nak dipanggil nasi lemak pun.  Ramai peniaga yang campurkan santan dan minyak bila masak nasi lemak sebab tu rasanya jadi kurang.

Use magic Report

Post time 28-4-2017 11:50 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Daun pisang tiga Posen setengah jengkal

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 28-4-2017 11:52 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Mamak vs makcik
Mamak yg kena

Use magic Report

Post time 28-4-2017 11:53 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Index nasi lomak

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 28-4-2017 11:55 AM | Show all posts
oh no...so little..lekat celah gigi jek

Use magic Report

Post time 28-4-2017 11:55 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Nak banyak,puas makan masak sendiri la nasik lemak tu..ni beli nasi lemak rm1.20 ko harap ada letak ikan bilis berlambak dgn telur sebiji,kacang segenggam,timun sebijik..
Jangan la jadi pemalas sangat..pasal tu badan mcm badak.

Use magic Report

Post time 28-4-2017 11:57 AM | Show all posts
mana ada yang murah sekarang ni..
duit kita macam dah takde value..

Use magic Report

Post time 28-4-2017 12:00 PM | Show all posts
oh kt tmpt aku kt pj ni standard nasi lemak, telur rebus, ikan bilis, kacang, timun rm1.20, banyak pulak tu sampai aku slalu minta sikit nasi je kalau makan time breakfast. Slalu aku beli buat lunch je nk jimat lol.

Use magic Report

Post time 28-4-2017 12:09 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Sebab tu menyampah nak beli makanan kt kedai2..kot ye pun nk jual murah biar lah bertimbang rasa sket nk bagi org makan tak luak pun rezeki klo berniaga sambil bersedekah bukan kisah mahal ke murah.aku penah beli nasik lemak dlm tu nasik ngn sambal rase bawang semata2.telur pn hiris senipis yg boleh.ikan bilis jgn ckp kejap ada kejap tak.tak heran la org meniaga ni cepat kaya.

Use magic Report

Post time 28-4-2017 12:21 PM | Show all posts
akak senang je jawab nak banyak masak sendiri.. peniaga kan banyak cari peniaga yg murah tak kedekut

Use magic Report

Post time 28-4-2017 12:26 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
tirawa replied at 28-4-2017 03:27 AM
I visited the morning market in Kulim, Kedah yesterday for vegetables and prawns. On my way out, I s ...

Indon jongos sampah sial lahanat bangsat keparat ummah gagal total keturunan babu pelacur Belanda...

Use magic Report

Post time 28-4-2017 12:49 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
dody_farid replied at 28-4-2017 11:46 AM
Nahh, nak sangat tengok gambar

Lain gambar yg diharap, lain gambar yg ditayangkan. Tak faham soalan ke?  Taulah kalau dodi doyan tempe, atau ada pesan tersiratkah di sebalik tempe goreng?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 28-4-2017 12:50 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Smlm beli nasi lemak kt kg, suami ckp x pyh msk srpn.nasi lemak lauk telur mata je da rm2.50. Kcg,ikan bilis goreng, timun/kangkung rebus lgsg x nampak..mcm nk nangis je tgk nasik tu wlupun pjual tu bg byk. nasib la sy goreng ikan kembung ngn bilis siap2 sbb rs x sedap hati.

Use magic Report

Post time 28-4-2017 01:39 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
nasi lemak+kangkung tU org melaka je yg tau..lau kt d'sara ni ade peniaga yg jual nasi lemak kosong rm2 plus telo dh jd rm3..kira rm1.20 tu berbaloi la

Use magic Report

Post time 28-4-2017 01:56 PM | Show all posts
nasi putih portion biasa  saje pun dh rm1.50..nasi lemak pagi2 yg rm1.20 tu portion mungkin 1/3 or 1/2 drpd nasi putih tu. so rega nasi lemak kosong tu saje dlm 50-70 sen. tp nasi lemak kena letak santan, halia so modalnya lebih dr nasi kosong. so, rega lauk: sambal, bilis 3 ekor dgn telur belah 8 dlm 50-70 sen jugak. logik lah tu. kesimpulannya semua makanan mahal skrg

Use magic Report

Post time 28-4-2017 02:00 PM | Show all posts
nolya replied at 28-4-2017 12:49 PM
Lain gambar yg diharap, lain gambar yg ditayangkan. Tak faham soalan ke?  Taulah kalau dodi doyan  ...

dia perli tt indon ni yg obsess tempeh makanan kebangangan indon yg mendunia..akak x perasan ke dlm mggu ni dh 3 thread tt buka cerita psl tempeh semata.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

19-4-2024 08:22 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.616366 second(s), 44 queries .