CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2805|Reply: 5

Sata Motherboard Question

[Copy link]
Post time 29-5-2017 09:02 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello! New to the forums here, couldn't find an answer to what I need help with on the net so I decided to ask here, and would appreciate any help with this

Ok, so my parents have an HP a1330n desktop computer that stopped turning on about 5 years ago. They never really used it much besides surfing the Web or using it for photo storage but saved it to get it fixed eventually.

They never got around to it and I'm pretty much the tech guy (I use that term loosely lol) throughout the family, I decided to see if I could get it to boot up but all that would come on is the fan. I took it apart to see if there were any loose cables, or maybe some dust that might be preventing it from kicking back on.

Well, upon closer inspection of the motherboard there's several capacitors in rough shape, and one that's completely busted open.

I haven't messed with it since and figured since it ran good up until then it would be a good play computer for my niece and nephews that love to get on my parents all-in-one.

I'm curious if someone can point me to a good, cheap motherboard for this purpose. I also want to get all of their files off of the hard drive so it's a win-win hopefully.
Please Help.
Thanks !

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:
- www.able2know.com
- Enterprise Marketing Video   Examples

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 30-5-2017 09:22 AM | Show all posts
take out the hardrive and make it external
or make it slave inside other cpu

Use magic Report

Post time 30-5-2017 11:41 AM | Show all posts
these are the details of the CPU according to the HP web page : https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00572524
Base processor = Athlon 64 (S) 3800+ 2.4 GHz
  • 2000 MT/s (mega transfers/second)
  • Socket 939

well, the motherboard of is AMD with socket 939 is quite difficult to find now.hey are discontinued due to upgrades.
so, i can only suggest you to find a used ones from imbi plaza or upgrade the main hardware which is :
Processor,
Motherboard,
RAM
which could cost you merely rm250 and up.

but if u can find someone to replace the burst capacitor, it is waay cheaper but is 50-50 % chance, it COULD work.

Use magic Report

Post time 4-7-2017 09:37 AM | Show all posts
THANK YOU FOR INFO

Use magic Report

Post time 4-7-2017 09:37 AM | Show all posts
THANK YOU FOR INFO

Use magic Report

Post time 1-10-2017 06:24 AM | Show all posts
There is a higher chances that the mobo is already dead IMO.If you still need the desktop to function again, u gonna have to find a replacement for the mobo.
but, the chance a very slim to find one if it's an old system (atleast in our country).
If you don't mind to spent few buck to get any new "used" part like intel core2 /1st gen intel core system with cheap price.

If you're looking to only salvage any important files from the hard drive, there is a cheaper way to do it..
it will cost you either "none" (FoC) or around RM30~50
1. connect the old drive to another desktop system (if u have another one)

2. buy/borrow a HDD sata converter
3. buy/borrow a USB HDD enclosure

HDD sata converter

HDD enclosure

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Follow Us
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

25-4-2024 08:17 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.432550 second(s), 32 queries .