CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 4001|Reply: 3

How to protect file security in case of unexpected death.

[Copy link]
Post time 29-5-2017 09:04 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi,

I am currently dealing with a serious health situation. While I should be OK for some time to come, I am wondering how I can prepare the devices I leave behind should I pass unexpectedly, sooner than anticipated.

I am not talking about trying to conceal anything illegal or nefarious, but just general access to my gmail account and laptop computer, where I keep a lot of personal files from many years of my life, such as a daily journal and other personal files. Basically, if I were to pass, I would prefer my laptop to be thrown in the trash as opposed to prying eyes obtaining access to it (it is password protected with Windows 10 operating system, but I assume this could be easy to get around). I think this is what is best for all parties involved. Also, I am not really concerned with Facebook and similar accounts as I am not really active on social media.

Sorry for the morbid topic, but I do think this is something that a lot of people could benefit from considering.

Please Help.
Thanks !

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:
- www.able2know.com
-  Animated Cloud Computing  Examples

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 30-5-2017 12:06 PM | Show all posts
i feel sorry for you.

but in your case, maybe you can prepare a will from a professional consultant.

in other hands, you can have all the private data encrypted with a password using encryption software.
for example : winrar/winzip.
these compression software can save space and also be set a password.

try to compress a few files/folders and test to uncompress (extract) it before deleting the original files.

so that anybody can use the laptop but the compressed data is useless without the password.
plus, there are other encryption software available on the net that might suits your need.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 4-7-2017 09:36 AM | Show all posts
THANK YOU FOR INFO

Use magic Report

Post time 4-7-2017 09:36 AM | Show all posts
THANK YOU FOR INFO

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 03:37 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.659627 second(s), 35 queries .