Register

ADVERTISEMENT

12Next
Return to list New
View: 1197|Reply: 23

[Tempatan] Muslims with atheistic views violate shariah laws, says IGP

[Copy link]
Post time 18-8-2017 11:18 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts |Read mode
PETALING JAYA: Inspector-General of Police (IGP) Khalid Abu Bakar, who drew flak for his stern warning to atheists, said today Muslims who hold atheistic views would be investigated by the religious department with assistance from the police.

“A Malay Muslim will surely be investigated by the religious department and the police will assist as it is an offence under the shariah enactments for a Muslim to be an atheist,” he told FMT in a text message.

Khalid yesterday warned atheists against creating “uneasiness” among Muslims with their activities.

He was taken to task by Islamic Renaissance Front director Ahmad Farouk Musa who said the IGP was going beyond his jurisdiction.

Farouk said the main duty of the police was to maintain order, not to encroach on personal liberties.

“If the atheists are enjoying their freedom to be free of religion without impinging on the rights of others to practise their religions, there shouldn’t be a problem,” he said.

Meanwhile, Selangor Islamic religious department (JAIS) director Harris Kasim told FMT that they would question any Muslim found to hold atheistic views.

He said they would be called up for questioning and asked on their personal details such as their background, their hometown and their religious background.

“Some are converts who might have become an atheist. Or if they are Malay Muslims we will also call them for questioning on their reasons (to become an atheist),” he said.

When asked if any action will be taken against Muslims found atheists, he said: “We are just calling them for questioning.”

The IGP and the JAIS director were asked on a recent report by The Australian which said at least one Muslim said to hold atheistic views was being questioned by both the police and the Islamic religious authorities.

The newspaper said the man had been questioned by police for long stretches and was asked to turn over his phone and his Facebook account.

The report, on how Islamisation was creeping into Malaysian society, quoted a Muslim who held atheistic views in private as saying that the authorities were hunting for Muslims who were atheists.

The man, given the name Zahari to protect his identity, belonged to an atheist club which hit the local headlines recently when a photograph was uploaded to Facebook showing smiling members at a rare social gathering of the largely online group.

On Aug 6, the government said it would investigate whether any Muslims had joined the Kuala Lumpur chapter of Atheist Republic, a Canada-based organisation.

Zahari told The Australian that the authorities had singled out one from his group for questioning in the hope that he “will break and rat us out”.

He said the man had been interrogated by both the police and officials of the Islamic religious affairs department.

The latter, Zahari claimed, had threatened to try the man in the shariah court for apostasy and to convince his wife to annul their marriage.

“There is no room for civil discourse when it concerns religion here. We are lucky to have secular laws and people defending them still. But I’m not sure how long that will last.

“This is a window into a moderate (Muslim) nation that is turning conservative,” Zahari was quoted as saying.

Zahari said he had been careful to stay out of pictures taken that day, but he had been spending the past week looking over his shoulder.

According to the report, some of those in the photograph had received death threats and had gone into hiding, fearing attacks from vigilantes or detention by Islamic religious authorities in Islamic re-education centres.

Last week, federal minister Shahidan Kassim made headlines locally and abroad when he said atheists should be “hunted down”. He claimed they were in violation of the Federal Constitution.

The Negri Sembilan state mufti Mohd Yusof Ahmad reportedly said Islam prescribed death against Muslims who left the religion for atheism, if they were “stubborn” and refused to repent.

Earlier, Channel News Asia had quoted one Muslim who practises atheism as saying: “I am worried. I have already accepted that something might happen to me … that I might be killed.

“I say this because I see how extreme people have become, how my Facebook friends (could) turn into real-life threats for me with their comments that it is halal (permitted) to kill atheists, apostates … how eager they are to kill to gain merits in heaven.”

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 18-8-2017 11:20 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
KUALA LUMPUR: At least one Muslim, said to hold atheistic views, is being questioned by both the police and the Islamic religious authorities.

According to a report in The Australian, the man has been questioned by police for long stretches, and has been asked to turn over his phone and his Facebook account.

The report, on how Islamisation is creeping into Malaysian society, quoted a Muslim who holds atheistic views in private as saying that the authorities were hunting for Muslim who were atheists.

The man, given the name Zahari to protect his identity, belongs to the Kuala Lumpur-based atheist club which hit the local headlines recently when a photograph was uploaded to Facebook showing smiling members at a rare social gathering of the largely online group.

On Aug 6, the government said it would investigate whether any Muslims had joined the Kuala Lumpur chapter of Atheist Republic, a Canada-based organisation.

Zahari told The Australian that the authorities had singled out one from his group for questioning in the hope he “will break and rat us out”.

He said the man had been interrogated by both the police and officials of the Islamic religious affairs department. The latter, Zahari claimed, had threatened to try the man in the shariah court for apostasy and to convince his wife to annul their marriage.

“There is no room for civil discourse when it concerns religion here. We are lucky to have secular laws and people defending them still. But I’m not sure how long that will last.

“This is a window into a moderate (Muslim) nation that is turning conservative,” Zahari was quoted as saying.

Zahari said he had been careful to stay out of pictures taken that day, but that he had been spending the past week looking over his shoulder.

According to the report, some of those in the photograph had received death threats and had gone into hiding, fearing attacks from vigilantes or detention by Islamic religious authorities in one of the country’s Islamic re-education centres.

Last week, federal minister Shahidan Kassim made headlines locally and abroad when he said atheists should be “hunted down”. He claimed they were in violation of the Federal Constitution.

The Negri Sembilan state mufti Mohd Yusof Ahmad reportedly said Islam prescribed death against Muslims who left the religion for atheism, if they were “stubborn” and refused to repent.

Earlier Channel News Asia had quoted one Muslim who practises atheism as saying: “I am worried. I have already accepted that something might happen to me … that I might be killed.

“I say this because I see how extreme people have become, how my Facebook friends (could) turn into real-life threats for me with their comments that it is halal (permitted) to kill atheists, apostates … how eager they are to kill to gain merits in heaven.”

Use magic Report

Post time 18-8-2017 11:32 AM | Show all posts
TN50 - Taliban Nation By the year of 2050

Use magic Report

Post time 18-8-2017 04:00 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Mujarab sungguh air kencing pak ereb padang pasir. Habis bengong jadinya ummah melayu

Use magic Report

Post time 18-8-2017 04:07 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Ikut syariah, atheist ni bunoh hukom nya? So berani tak laksanakan?

Use magic Report

Post time 18-8-2017 04:50 PM | Show all posts
selagi mereka tak menganggu pegangan agama aku, dan mengamalkan toleransi dengan mereka yang beragama...aku tak nampak sebabnya kenapa mereka perlu dikecam sampai nak dibunuh.

walaupun kadang kala aku nak saja tempeleng sekor atheis di tempat aku ni yang sibuk saja perlekehkan kenapa aku sembahyang... macam gampang

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 18-8-2017 04:55 PM | Show all posts
~boolean replied at 18-8-2017 08:50 AM
selagi mereka tak menganggu pegangan agama aku, dan mengamalkan toleransi dengan mereka yang beragam ...

Lps sembahyang tu ko doa kan je lah mangkok tu kena panah petir..biar dia jd abu kembali ke fitrah asalnya jadi debu

Use magic Report

Post time 18-8-2017 05:26 PM | Show all posts
Org lain jadiii atheists org lainnnn yg mengggeluppporrrrr!

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 18-8-2017 05:27 PM | Show all posts
Note: Thread has been banned by manager

Use magic Report

Post time 18-8-2017 05:39 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
pyropura replied at 18-8-2017 04:07 PM
Ikut syariah, atheist ni bunoh hukom nya? So berani tak laksanakan?

Ikut undang2 civil,  x boleh bunuh org klu org x buat jenayah berat bawah 302.

Use magic Report

Post time 18-8-2017 05:40 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Cina indian yg etis pula bagaimana?

Use magic Report

Post time 18-8-2017 07:46 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
kenangan zaman sekolah...

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Post time 18-8-2017 07:47 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
taiwanese rasa curious tentang foto persokolahan muslim

Use magic Report

Post time 18-8-2017 08:01 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
white_musk replied at 18-8-2017 05:39 PM
Ikut undang2 civil,  x boleh bunuh org klu org x buat jenayah berat bawah 302.

Nk ikut syariah atau sivil ni?

Use magic Report

Post time 18-8-2017 08:04 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Skuau replied at 18-8-2017 08:01 PM
Nk ikut syariah atau sivil ni?

Tu kena tanya ketua polis negara.  

Use magic Report

Post time 18-8-2017 08:27 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
polis2 under igp ni dah beralih jadi polis syariah kah?  klu ada atheist terima ugutan bunuh nnti theyol nak report kat siapa...michael chong?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 19-8-2017 03:04 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
jetrofa replied at 18-8-2017 08:27 PM
polis2 under igp ni dah beralih jadi polis syariah kah?  klu ada atheist terima ugutan bunuh nnti th ...

Hahaha.... well said bro, depa tak tau ka kebanyakan cina2 kita tu ateis dah 3-4 keturunan dah...

Use magic Report

Post time 19-8-2017 06:00 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
pulauturtle replied at 18-8-2017 07:47 PM
taiwanese rasa curious tentang foto persokolahan muslim

sama. juga dgn chinese dan Taiwanese tu.. foto persekolahan walau tak pakai burqa tp semua muka sama...

Use magic Report

Post time 19-8-2017 06:01 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
hebat pak ereb buat pd ummah melayu... sampai jd hal nasional. padahal. soal agama ereb je pun..

Use magic Report

Post time 19-8-2017 08:10 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
pyropura replied at 19-8-2017 03:04 AM
Hahaha.... well said bro, depa tak tau ka kebanyakan cina2 kita tu ateis dah 3-4 keturunan dah...

khenn.. bukan benda baru pun.. entah2 kalangan anggota polis sndiri ada pengamal atheist

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

23-4-2024 09:56 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.082148 second(s), 47 queries .