Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: Panglima Hitam

US patrolling the Strait of Malacca?

Close [Copy link]
Post time 13-5-2004 05:03 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by MENJ at 13-5-2004 09:05:

Problem is, the Thais do not have the vision to do such a thing They should cede control of Pattani to Malaysia, and then, ONLY then, will it be done

- MENJ

Don't simply make comments on sensitive issues such as cede Pattani to Malaysia. We don't need it and Pattani belongs to Thai and we will respect the territorial integrity of the Thais.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 13-5-2004 05:08 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 13-5-2004 09:09:

Why cede control of Pattani to Msia when Msia can't even manage itself properly?

Besides, would building teh canal help your PTP? Why build PTP and Klang and then want to control Pattani and ...

Oh we can manage, PTP made a new World record recently:

http://www.ptp.com.my/detail.asp ... 190&view=detail

PTP breaks container handling record  
The Straits Times Singapore - May 12, 2004

Malaysia抯 low-cost rival to Singapore's PSA Corp, the Port of Tanjung Pelepas (PTP) at Johor, has thrown down the gauntlet again.

It has set a new world record for the number of containers moved in one hour, as it carried out work on the Maersk Sealand vessel A.P. Moller yesterday.

A total of 340 containers per hour were shifted, breaking the previous record of 336 set by Hong Kong in 2001, and smashing PTP's own personal best of 302 set in February.

Eight 'super post panamax' cranes carried out 4,316 moves in less than 13 hours on the A.P. Moller, which had arrived from Algeciras in Spain, enabling a fast turnaround for the vessel.

PTP said that Maersk Singapore, the Republic-based unit of the Danish shipping group, had sent a congratulatory note confirming the record and describing the operation as 'amazing and a fantastic achievement'.

At present, PTP has six berths of 360 metres each and boasts of a container yard with a storage capacity of 110,000 standard containers of 20-ft equivalent units (TEUs).

The port - half-owned by Malaysia Mining Corp - handled 27.8 per cent more containers in the first three months of the year, after shipping lines called more often and exports grew, it said last month.

PTP handled 957,500 TEUs in the first quarter, a quarterly record, compared with 749,231 TEUs a year ago.

PTP sets world record for berth productivity per hour  
Business Times Singapore - May 12, 2004

(SINGAPORE) Malaysia's Port of Tanjung Pelepas (PTP) says it set a new world record for berth productivity yesterday with 340 moves an hour, loading and unloading the Maersk Sealand vessel AP Moeller.

The Johor port said the achievement eclipsed the former world record of 336 gross berth moves set in 2001. PTP's former productivity record was 302 moves an hour, set in February.

The port said it used eight super post panamax cranes on the AP Moller after it arrived from Algeciras, Spain, allowing operations to wrap up in 13 hours.

Maersk Singapore's Henrik Jorgensen described the performance as 'a fantastic achievement', PTP said in a statement. The world's largest container line had earlier praised PTP's strengthening productivity, which has been partially attributed to its ability to focus equipment on two major customers.

PTP currently operates six berths along a 2.16 km quay and handled 3.5 million TEUs last year - up 31 per cent on 2002, and continues to enjoy strong volume growth this year, notching up a 27 per cent increase in the first quarter.

The port has embarked on an ambitious second phase expansion of dredging and reclamation works, which will boost its annual handling capacity to about six million TEUs by mid-2004. The expansion will eventually add eight new deepwater berths along an additional 720m quay.

Use magic Report

Post time 13-5-2004 05:13 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 13-5-2004 10:00:
Hahahahahahaha.......... in case yu are not aware, KLIA is killing itself slowly, so is Klang and PTP has a high chance of not making money ever cos it gave out too much Evergreen and Maersk.

BT ...

Regarding your inaccurate and irresponsible comments regarding KLIA:

[quote]The Star - 13 May 2004

Passenger traffic at KLIA 憀ikely to hit 19 million抂/b]

PUTRAJAYA: Passenger traffic at the KL International Airport is expected to hit more than 19 million by the end of the year, surpassing the estimated figure of 18.5 million.

The revised figure is due to the healthy growth in passenger movement at the airport in the first four months of the year.

Transport Minister Datuk Seri Chan Kong Choy said KLIA recorded a 19.4% growth in passenger movement during that period due in part to the booming tourism industry and the return of several foreign passenger airlines to the airport, including Lufthansa.

揟his growth is very encouraging. We have estimated the growth this year to be only by one million passengers to 18.5 million, but judging by KLIA抯 performance in the first four months, we expect the increase to hit 19 million.

揥e are confident that within the next few years, KLIA will start operating at its maximum capacity of 25 million passengers,

Use magic Report

Post time 13-5-2004 05:16 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by ariyamusafir at 13-5-2004 17:13:

Regarding your inaccurate and irresponsible comments regarding KLIA:

The way Malaysia do business is not to suck their clients money until they go bust, we give them insentifs and we earn a little compared to others but we earn a little of many whereas some they earn a lot out of so few only.

Use magic Report

Post time 13-5-2004 05:42 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 13-5-2004 10:00:
Hahahahahahaha.......... in case yu are not aware, KLIA is killing itself slowly, so is Klang and PTP has a high chance of not making money ever cos it gave out too much Evergreen and Maersk.

BT ...

KLIA is so far the best Air Port in South East Asia, even better then Changi Air Port and that is a fact. You jealous ar????? Let me see, we have KLIA, Putrajaya, KLCC - Petronas Twin Tower, for now, the tallest in the world, PROTON, PETRONAS, Cyberjaya, MODENAS, Perodua, even our international passport we can get it within 3 hrs, today I got mine for less then 1 hrs, how about in Singapore regarding this passport thing???

Use magic Report

Post time 13-5-2004 06:28 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Panglima Hitam at 12-5-2004 10:24 AM:

Apa komen anda?

Adalah kedaulatan Malaysia dan Indonesia akan tercabar?

mungkin.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 13-5-2004 08:29 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Truth.8 at 13-5-2004 18:28:

mungkin.

With US imperialist around, I would say most probably.

Use magic Report

Post time 13-5-2004 11:04 PM | Show all posts
I say Msian & Indo navy got no standard. How do i know? There are so many reported cases of piracy & illegal immigration in their waters.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 13-5-2004 11:58 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 13-5-2004 23:04:
I say Msian & Indo navy got no standard. How do i know? There are so many reported cases of piracy & illegal immigration in their waters.

Is it???? It doesn't matter what you think, the thing is that our troops are not as weak as you think. You think the SAF can fight win the combine strength of MAF and TNI????? We are not going to war but just stating a fact that TNI is strong and Malaysian Navy too are strong same as for your country's armed forces but what you are doing is you do not really know yet you belittle our armed forces. In your opinion, is it Singapore and all US' allies armed forces are the only strongest????

Use magic Report

Post time 14-5-2004 12:22 AM | Show all posts
Yes indeed, we can take on both MAF & TNI together.  We are ready for it.
And in case yu do not know, TNI is so weak today that they don't even do practice flights anymore with their fighter jets. Soall SAF needs to do is to wallop MAF and TNI will chicken away.

Control the pirates in your own waters and prove to the world yu are good enuf ok?

Use magic Report

Post time 14-5-2004 12:43 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 14-5-2004 00:22:
And in case yu do not know, TNI is so weak today that they don't even do practice flights anymore with their fighter j ...

Hmmm, over confidence is your weakness Debmey.

Use magic Report

Post time 14-5-2004 12:43 AM | Show all posts
try it lah if yu want to know.

Use magic Report

Post time 14-5-2004 12:47 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 14-5-2004 00:43:

Debmey the War Monger, looks like you keep wanting war. We Malaysian people who wants peace will only retaliate and not strike others.

Use magic Report

Post time 14-5-2004 06:57 AM | Show all posts
aren't yu teh one who suggested conflict with Singaopore first? Yu Muslims are always like that.

Use magic Report

WinterNights This user has been deleted
Post time 14-5-2004 08:22 AM | Show all posts
Debmey's quote:

The truth is, the Msian troop carriers were unprofessional and slow in response, there wouldn't have been any soldiers dead had they been competent. Thats something that your NST never told you.

--> Wow! Splendid analysis. If any army troops around the world are professional and fast, then there won't be any casulties at all, right? Then, following your reasoning, the US troops in Iraq must be unprofessional and slow due to the numerous deaths of civilians, right? Then, they must also be unprofessional and slow due to the numbers of US soldiers, their fellow comrades, killed in battle, right?

I can only ask you to do what Ariyamusafir said, please read the facts first lah.

On another point, I have to agree with Debmey...TLDM and the TNI are nothing compared to S'pore military. If M'sia and Indonesia do combine forces and attack S'pore, no doubt S'pore will lose but in the process, M'sia and Indonesia will be shattered in terms of economically, politically and socially.

Use magic Report

Adm_Cheng_Ho This user has been deleted
Post time 14-5-2004 10:31 AM | Show all posts
Malaysia-Singapore war is very unlikely. The last time I read from NST, we have about 80,000 troops only. Many Singaporean serve in NS & called to train regularly. They are tentatively conscripts if not to be exact. Easily they can have 500,000 troops.

If Malaysia were to attack Singapore we have to mobilize. Mobilization takes time & that would entail serious diplomatic cut-off. When that happens, the sign is too visible & of course someone elsewhere perhaps in the UN & EU would response to it. Thailand is very likely to be bribed into providing bases for UN missions.

Malaysia cannot afford a war...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 14-5-2004 10:42 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 14-5-2004 06:57:
aren't yu teh one who suggested conflict with Singaopore first? Yu Muslims are always like that.

First of all, me not a muslim and people are not violant because they are muslim. Even you are violance. Read what I said:

Is it???? It doesn't matter what you think, the thing is that our troops are not as weak as you think. You think the SAF can fight win the combine strength of MAF and TNI????? We are not going to war but just stating a fact that TNI is strong and Malaysian Navy too are strong same as for your country's armed forces but what you are doing is you do not really know yet you belittle our armed forces. In your opinion, is it Singapore and all US' allies armed forces are the only strongest????

And what you wrote:

Use magic Report

Post time 14-5-2004 10:48 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Adm_Cheng_Ho at 14-5-2004 10:31:
Malaysia-Singapore war is very unlikely. The last time I read from NST, we have about 80,000 troops only. Many Singaporean serve in NS & called to train regularly. They are tentatively conscrip ...

By the way, who can really afford a war? Even Singapore can't afford it.

Use magic Report

Post time 14-5-2004 11:25 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 14-5-2004 12:22 AM:
And in case yu do not know, TNI is so weak today that they don't even do practice flights anymore with their fighter j ...

You are ready?  hehehehe, I think if Malaysia alone or Indonesia alone will wipe the whole Singapore within hours, why need to combine?

And Indonesian proved that they didn't hesitate to deal with you, in Sukarno era they bombed Hotel McDonald (if I'm not mistaken the name) in Singapore... remember? heheheh done by only a few elite marines by speedboat... and remember the number of our army is outnumber the whole population in Singapore... not to count the total population.

Use magic Report

KENNKID This user has been deleted
Post time 14-5-2004 11:33 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by kid at 2004-5-14 11:25 AM:

You are ready?  hehehehe, I think if Malaysia alone or Indonesia alone will wipe the whole Singapore within hours, why need to combine?

And Indonesian proved that they didn't hesitate to dea ...

Can't Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore cooperate in taking care of our waters without involving other countries, especially yankees?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 08:16 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.077312 second(s), 42 queries .