Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: Adm_Cheng_Ho

Malaysia to send troops to Iraq

Close [Copy link]
Adm_Cheng_Ho This user has been deleted
 Author| Post time 14-5-2004 11:05 AM | Show all posts
I thought the link i've pasted is clear. Malaysia is to send only when US handsover power to Iraqi government this coming June 30. And also we are there under UN banner and also to protect UN resources.

So, I take it Malaysians have no problem of our politicians sending troops to Iraq.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 14-5-2004 11:05 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by KENNKID at 14-5-2004 11:03:

Agree fully with Ariya. We should only send our peace-keeping troops once the Americans are COMPLETELY -  IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD - O ...

:setuju::setuju::setuju::setuju:

Use magic Report

Post time 14-5-2004 11:06 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by ariyamusafir at 14-5-2004 10:57 AM:

Sending troops under the banner of the Inavsion Forces such as the US (i.e, under US control) means that we are supporting their occupation. That is why we had said, we will not send tr ...

Correcto, we dont want to go there just to help US to clean the mess they created, we are not cleaning service like Singapore army, but we go there as independent force under UN to help Iraqis to restore their nation, not to help US.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-5-2004 11:07 AM | Show all posts
You've hit the nail Kid. Precisely! We should be thinking this way.

Use magic Report

KENNKID This user has been deleted
Post time 14-5-2004 11:07 AM | Show all posts
and when the American embassy there should be staffed only by, at the most, 5 people, including the janitor.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-5-2004 11:10 AM | Show all posts
How many people to be staffed in American embassy in Iraq is not our right to say. It is the Iraqi government's right to negotiate.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 14-5-2004 11:11 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Adm_Cheng_Ho at 14-5-2004 11:05:
I thought the link i've pasted is clear. Malaysia is to send only when US handsover power to Iraqi government this coming June 30. And also we are there under UN banner and also to protect UN resou ...

Yes I know, coming this JUne but after that also we must not send. Why??? Because after then Iraq is still technically under the US, only some and many decisions for Iraq are made by Iraqis but the main thing is that after the date, US will still command the Iraqi armed forces which means the word soverign Iraq has no meaning. If US not pleased with the latter elected more prone to religious government, they can easily remove it from power. Even Powell also said that Iraqis might have to handover "some" of their soverignity back to the Americans. So, technically, Iraq still under US only decisions are made by Iraqis not Americans which MUST be agreeable to the US, and also, with the advise of the US. Just like during penjajahan British in Tanah Melayu, they say the system Resident. The Sultan are still the rulers, and Resident are advisors but its advise MUST be accepted by the Malay Rulers, so what difference does it make??? Only formally but the reality is that they are the ones holding powers.

[ Last edited by ariyamusafir on 14-5-2004 at 11:16 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 14-5-2004 11:14 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by whitepig at 14-5-2004 10:49:
>>The americans can do it all alone, but they choose to get others involve.
<<

b.s. they only acquiese to some small 'others' participation because looks like those renegades iraqis ...

US = sharing all the burden while reaping all the rewards alone together with some war friends.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 14-5-2004 11:18 AM | Show all posts
Iraqis will have the "final say" over whether US and UK forces remain after the handover of power on 30 June. Many people have overlooked that it was the Iraqi interim government making endorsement & acquiring US-UK assistance & support on several matters in Iraq. It was misinterpreted. Military command is a non-issue to us here. We're there to ensure peace & stability for Iraqi people. That should be our objective. To oust American out of their military power is Iraqi right. What we have to focus here is to help Iraqi people. Why do we focus on their politics instead?

Use magic Report

KENNKID This user has been deleted
Post time 14-5-2004 11:18 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Adm_Cheng_Ho at 2004-5-14 11:10 AM:
How many people to be staffed in American embassy in Iraq is not our right to say. It is the Iraqi government's right to negotiate.

My suggestion was merely a reflection of my displeasure with busybodies who don't know how to mind their own country and their own business.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-5-2004 11:19 AM | Show all posts
ahh...kenn. I didn't catch your drift.

Use magic Report

Post time 14-5-2004 11:51 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Adm_Cheng_Ho at 14-5-2004 11:18:
Iraqis will have the "final say" over whether US and UK forces remain after the handover of power on 30 June. Many people have overlooked that it was the Iraqi interim government m ...

The question of Military command is extreme important. If the military is under the command of others, it is no longer soverign state and the sentence return soverign had no meaning and a soverign Iraq has no meaning because the true power towards the country lies with the US and not the government.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-5-2004 11:57 AM | Show all posts
That would be a lengthy process in th future. It had to be fulfilled by their leadership like our Tunku Or India's Gandhi. What we're focussing now is stabilization of Iraq to ensure the very first step of handing over power to Iraqi government is met. If this cannot even be done, what more to talk so far distance away?

Use magic Report

whitepig This user has been deleted
Post time 14-5-2004 12:24 PM | Show all posts
>>Iraqis will have the "final say" over whether US and UK forces remain after the handover of power on 30 June..<<<

Iraqis have a final say? me don't think so. righht now those few iraqis roped in to sit on administrative chairs are all nominated by the yanks, CIA or other us-interest groups.

Use magic Report

Post time 14-5-2004 12:42 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by ariyamusafir at 13-5-2004 11:12 PM:

We care, that is why we should not send troops there. IT is because by sending troops there, we will be doing supporting US terrorism work.

:setuju:

Use magic Report

Post time 14-5-2004 12:43 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by KENNKID at 14-5-2004 10:03 AM:

Agree fully with Ariya. We should only send our peace-keeping troops once the Americans are COMPLETELY -  IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD - O ...

:setuju:

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 14-5-2004 01:05 PM | Show all posts
i think yu jokers shld just forget it, stay home and sleep while Singapore does the job.

Use magic Report

whitepig This user has been deleted
Post time 14-5-2004 01:26 PM | Show all posts
>> think yu jokers shld just forget it, stay home and sleep while Singapore does the job<<

what job? - hand job?

Use magic Report

Post time 14-5-2004 01:43 PM | Show all posts
Is that all that the MAF is good at doing? hahahahahahaha.................. what a bunch of losers! Hhahahahahahahaha...............

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-5-2004 01:51 PM | Show all posts
You will see what a difference it will make Debmey! Picture this:
America goes in, what a mess. Singapore join in, not seen & felt of its contributions. Might as well don't busybody. Malaysia goes in, peace....

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

24-4-2024 10:43 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.255492 second(s), 48 queries .