CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 626|Reply: 9

[Tempatan] Nak pinjam RM8,000 hangus RM24,000

[Copy link]
Post time 21-9-2017 03:22 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
JOHOR BARU: A 29-year-old single mother who wanted to borrow RM8,000 from a moneylender ended up losing RM24,000 in 10 days instead.

The victim, who only wanted to be known as Peng, said she needed the money urgently to pay off her housing loan and utility bills amounting to some RM3,500 after her tenant ran off in May, leaving her with the debt.

In May, she saw an advertisement in a newspaper and decided to call the number to ask for a loan, but there was no answer so she forgot about the matter.

“Then on Sept 3, I received a call from the moneylender, a man named Chan, offering me a loan of RM8,000 with a two-year repayment period and a low interest rate.

“When he told me that I only needed to repay about RM300 a month, I gladly took up his offer,” she said at a press conference organised by MCA public complaints and services bureau chairman Jason Teoh on Thursday.

She said at first, the man told her to make an online transfer of RM1,000 to prove her ability to repay the loan before he could process her application.

After doing so, Peng claimed that the man asked her to make transactions of RM1,000, RM2,000 and RM4,000 - nine times in total - to different bank accounts to "prove my ability to repay the loan" before he could release the loan amount.

Peng, who has a nine-year-old son, said she listened to the man from time and time because he kept assuring her that he wanted to help her.

She ended up polishing off her savings and borrowing about RM14,000 from family members to deposit to Chan until Sept 13 when she ran out of money to give him.

The man could not be contacted after that.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-9-2017 03:42 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Adoyai...nilai ditransfer lebih lagi daripada nilai nk dipinjam..kena pukau kah?

Use magic Report

Post time 21-9-2017 03:44 PM | Show all posts
bayor 3.5k tak mampu, nak pinjam tapi bayor 24k ada duit plak

Use magic Report

Post time 21-9-2017 03:48 PM | Show all posts
She ended up polishing off her savings and borrowing about RM14,000 from family members

she needed the money urgently to pay off her housing loan and utility bills amounting to some RM3,500

Apsal tak guna duit simpanan atau pinjam pada family untuk bayar RM3,500?

Use magic Report

Post time 21-9-2017 03:49 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Cina pun kona jugekke. Srlalunya mulayu jah.. sian acik ni.. agaknya pukau kot.. takkanlaa cina no bodoh sgt

Use magic Report

Post time 21-9-2017 03:49 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
macam bodoh je beliau ni.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 21-9-2017 03:52 PM | Show all posts
Punya la lama dari May until September sampai boleh terlupa pasal the call, takkan sepanjang tu sheols tak terfikir nak pinjam duit kawan2 dulu?

What kind of sorcery is this?

Use magic Report

Post time 21-9-2017 03:55 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Mungkin sesaje nk pnjam coz dah lame sgt dah. Sekali kena scam

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 21-9-2017 03:59 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Aku selalu jang dpt call dr scam.. alhmdlh aku yg konokan derang balik.. aku ckp aku kat oversea ni nanti bil tel u all melambung hak hak.. cepat je derang letak.. satu lagi aku ckp aku tak dengar aku ckp kuat kuat kat derang hak hak.. padan muke pokak tinge.. satu lagi aku ckp kwn aku pun nak pinjam duit boleh jugakke.. dia kata boleh aku bagi no kakak aku yg tak bayo hutang aku tuu.. hak hak hak

Use magic Report

Post time 21-9-2017 04:02 PM | Show all posts
geng Caiya sama Caiya kah???
so sapa mau tepuk tangan neh

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

28-3-2024 10:15 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.108558 second(s), 36 queries .