Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 3675|Reply: 0

New Unacceptable Sony Entertainment policy

[Copy link]
Post time 4-10-2017 09:37 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Sephiroth at 4-10-2017 09:46 AM

Recently I have logged into my SONY account to check what latest games there is for PS3 and got hit with this policy statement which I found to be ... counterproductive at least.

Source : https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/water/terms-of-service.action?displayBackButtons=false&hidePageElements=headerGradient,bodyGradient,SNEI_UPF_learnMoreLinksDiv,SNEI_UPF_servicesLinksDiv,SNEI_UPF_accountLinksDiv,SNEI_UPF_legalLinksDiv,SNEI_UPF_helpLinksDiv,SENLogo,accountManagementBanner&request_locale=en_MY

PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION STATEMENT

Sony Interactive Entertainment Hong Kong Limited may, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, collect certain personal information, including without limitation your name, email address, postal address, country, telephone number, date of birth, age, gender, language preference, location information (including, without limitation, latitude and longitude information, IP address and MAC address), PlayStation™Network (" PSN") sign-in ID, PSN online ID, PSN password, parental control information, payment information and information relating to your children on the associated Accounts (" Personal Information"), from you when you apply for membership to access the PSN or request customer service or product warranty and maintenance services from us.

Why don't SONY Hong Kong ask for the front door key to our house while they are at it?

In the above statement, they (SONY Hong Kong) stating that by agreeing to their so-called policies, they have the right to get the full details of our personal lives - including where we live, our Internet IPs and our banking information. BY WHAT LOGIC does a manufacuring company like SONY have to ask us to reveal our personal information in such way? I find this to be offensive. And there is more :

We may disclose your Personal Information to third party service providers (including, without limitation, customer service providers, repair service providers, geolocation service providers, advertisers, insurers, lawyers, bankers and accountants and other third party service providers who provide customer, product warranty, maintenance, administrative, telecommunications, postal, computer, payment or other services to us to enable us to operate our business) and other companies within the Sony group of companies, for the purposes outlined in section 1.

We may disclose your Personal Information if required to satisfy applicable legal or regulatory requirements and may transfer your payment details to banks and any third party vendors relevant to a particular purchase to facilitate the completion of a purchase.

We may also transfer your Personal Information in connection with a merger, acquisition, transfer or sale of all or part of our business, with or to another company (including without limitation another company within the Sony group).

All of the transfers referred to in this section 2 may occur within or outside Hong Kong.

IN another words, our personal information will NOT become personal anymore. Anyone with connection to certain government (like China's CCP) can get your personal information from this company without YOUR APPROVAL and you cannot do anything legally to stop them.

Therefore I advise each and everyone who uses PSN (Playstation Network) NOT TO ACCEPT this policy agreement as it will open you up for cyber attacks and abuses in the future as well as leak your personal information (like your banking information) to parties you don't even know. Personally, I have no problem with this policy because 99% of my games are offline games and therefore do not required me to login to PSN any time soon. However, for those who do need to get online, please be wary.

For SONY Entertainment Inc, I wish to ask ONE question - "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU PEOPLE DOING WITH THIS NONSENSE OF A POLICY?"

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

24-4-2024 06:08 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.103824 second(s), 27 queries .