CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2487|Reply: 12

[Pelbagai] Novelis Kazuo Ishiguro Pemenang Hadiah Nobel Kesusasteraan 2017

[Copy link]
Post time 5-10-2017 08:04 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

The 2017 Nobel Prize for Literature has been awarded to British novelist Kazuo Ishiguro.

Born in Japan in 1954, the author's family moved to England when he was five years old.

The writer, "in novels of great emotional force, has uncovered the abyss beneath our illusory sense of connection with the world", said the Nobel Prize committee in a statement on Thursday.

He is best known for the dystopian work Never Let Me Go and The Remains of the Day, a book Ishiguro has said he wrote in just four weeks.

The 62-year-old also writes screenplays.

Ishiguro studied at the University of Kent, receiving an undergraduate degree in English and Philosophy and later received a Master's degree from the University of East Anglia in Creative Writing.

His latest book, The Buried Giant, was published in 2015.

Social media users took to Twitter to congratulate Ishiguro on the high acclaim.

"Congrats to Kazuo Ishiguro on the Nobel! REMAINS OF THE DAY was perfect, emotionally, politically, structurally. Makes me burn with envy," tweeted author Raj Balasubramanyam.

"Kazuo Ishiguro! The Nobel committee somewhat begins to redeem itself after last year's blooper," said writer and journalist Abubakar A Ibrahim, in an apparent dig at the 2016 decision to award Bob Dylan.

PREVIOUS WINNERS

2016 - Bob Dylan
2015 - Svetlana Alexievich
2014 - Patrick Mondiano
2013 - Alice Munro
2012 - Mo Yan
2011 - Tomas Transtromer
2010 - Mario Vargas Llosa

Source: Al Jazeera News

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 5-10-2017 08:10 PM | Show all posts
antara novel popular Kazuo Ishiguro.

In 1956, Stevens, a long-serving butler at Darlington Hall, decides to take a motoring trip through the West Country. The six-day excursion becomes a journey into the past of Stevens and England, a past that takes in fascism, two world wars and an unrealised love between the butler and his housekeeper. Ishiguro's dazzling novel is a sad and humorous love story, a meditation on the condition of modern man, and an elegy for England at a time of acute change

From the Booker Prize-winning author of The Remains of the Day comes a devastating new novel of innocence, knowledge, and loss. As children Kathy, Ruth, and Tommy were students at Hailsham, an exclusive boarding school secluded in the English countryside. It was a place of mercurial cliques and mysterious rules where teachers were constantly reminding their charges of how special they were.

Now, years later, Kathy is a young woman. Ruth and Tommy have reentered her life. And for the first time she is beginning to look back at their shared past and understand just what it is that makes them special–and how that gift will shape the rest of their time together. Suspenseful, moving, beautifully atmospheric, Never Let Me Go is another classic by the author of The Remains of the Day.

England, 1930s. Christopher Banks has become the country's most celebrated detective, his cases the talk of London society. Yet one unsolved crime has always haunted him; the mysterious disappearance of his parents, in Old Shanghai, when he was a small boy. Now, as the world lurches towards total war, Banks realises the time has come for him to return to the city of his childhood and at last solve the mystery - that only by his doing so will civilisation be saved from the approaching catastrophe.

Moving between London and Shanghai of the inter-war years, When We Were Orphans is a story of memory, intrigue and the need to return; of a childhood vision of the world surviving deep into adulthood, indelibly shaping and distorting a person's life.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 5-10-2017 08:22 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Penah baca remains of the day je. Mmg best buku tu, camne nak describe ye - macam ayat dia sgt teratur, flowing nicely..

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 5-10-2017 09:11 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
sampai sekarang aku takleh lupa Never Let Me Go...Genius je yg boleh terpikir dan tulis citer mcm tu kot.. Tahniah Kazuo Ishiguro.. walaupun aku dok harap Haruki Murakami yg menang thn ni...

Use magic Report

Post time 5-10-2017 09:16 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Never Let Me Go melangkau batas novel sains fiksyen dan novel kehidupan biasa.. takde kategori yg mampu mengkelaskannya.. lepas baca kau akan termanggu sendiri.. macam tak pasti realiti dan fantasi... kita akan rasa betul2 berada di sebuah asrama sekolah pinggir desa British..

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 5-10-2017 10:42 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Dlm byk2 buku tu,i suka Remains of the Day sbb dia background story is set against England zaman dulu2.everything in the book is lovely.bila baca tu rasa mcm ade butterfly dlm perut haaa gittew

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 6-10-2017 02:23 PM | Show all posts
ada ebook Never Let Me Go tapi entah ler cuba baca ...
tapi something block .. tak boleh nak hadam ...

Use magic Report

Post time 6-10-2017 09:05 PM | Show all posts
dewinter25 replied at 5-10-2017 09:42 PM
Dlm byk2 buku tu,i suka Remains of the Day sbb dia background story is set against England zaman dul ...

[size=28.3626px]Source- wikipedia

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 6-10-2017 09:24 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
fly_in_d_sky replied at 6-10-2017 02:23 PM
ada ebook Never Let Me Go tapi entah ler cuba baca ...
tapi something block .. tak boleh nak hadam  ...

surprise dia dekat ending..

Use magic Report

Post time 6-10-2017 09:28 PM | Show all posts
Yg ni pun adaptasi ke filem...

Never Let Me Go is a 2010 British dystopian romantic drama film based on Kazuo Ishiguro's 2005 novel of the same name. The film was directed by Mark Romanek from a screenplay by Alex Garland. Never Let Me Go is set in an alternative history and centres on Kathy, Ruth and Tommy portrayed by Carey Mulligan, Keira Knightley and Andrew Garfield respectively, who become entangled in a love triangle. Principal photography began in April 2009 and lasted several weeks. The movie was filmed at various locations, including Andrew Melville Hall.

Use magic Report

Post time 7-10-2017 09:01 AM | Show all posts
Fimie replied at 6-10-2017 09:24 PM
surprise dia dekat ending..

mmm okay
nanti saya cuba baca lepas habis baca Silent Child - Sarah A. Denzil

Use magic Report

Post time 7-10-2017 07:31 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
seribulan replied at 6-10-2017 09:05 PM
  • The novel was adapted into a 1993 film by Merchant Ivory Productionsstarring Anthony Hopkins  ...

• I dah tgk kaka..the film did some justice to the book, not disappointing..phewwww

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 19-10-2017 06:12 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
    Jika ada yang berminat nak dengar Nobel Lecture oleh Ishiguro secara atas talian di nobelprize.org, nantikannya 7 Disember 2017.

2017 Nobel Lecture in Literature
    The Nobel Lecture in Literature will be held on Thursday 7 December 2017, at 5:30 p.m. (local time in Sweden), at the Swedish Academy in Stockholm (tickets required).

The lecture will be streamed live at Nobelprize.org. A transcript of the text, and translations, will be published here on 7 December. A video of the lecture will also be available here a few days later.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
    Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

24-4-2024 04:11 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.084745 second(s), 39 queries .