CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: seribulan

[Buku] ...Quotables @ Bookshelf ...

Close [Copy link]
Post time 3-6-2018 06:45 PM | Show all posts
“And people turn to internet with the hope that in this virtual world, where real identity need not be disclosed, they will find someone before whom they could be their true self,without any pretensions and get an opportunity to release the pent-up emotions and feel light.”
― Chitralekha Paul, Delayed Monsoon

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 3-6-2018 06:45 PM | Show all posts
“I think talent is like a water table under the earth—you tap it with your effort and it comes through you.”
― Natalie Goldberg, Writing Down the Bones: Freeing the Writer Within

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-6-2018 09:49 AM | Show all posts
Middlemarch
Author: George Eliot

“We mortals, men and women, devour many a disappointment between breakfast and dinner-time; keep back the tears and look a little pale about the lips, and in answer to inquiries say, “Oh, nothing!” Pride helps; and pride is not a bad thing when it only urges us to hide our hurts— not to hurt others.”

Use magic Report

Post time 4-6-2018 10:15 PM | Show all posts
“A letter is a soul, so faithful an echo of the speaking voice that to the sensitive it is among the richest treasures of love.”
― Honoré de Balzac, Père Goriot

Use magic Report

Post time 4-6-2018 10:16 PM | Show all posts
“There is a long time in me between knowing and telling.”
― Grace Paley, Enormous Changes at the Last Minute

Use magic Report

Post time 4-6-2018 10:16 PM | Show all posts
“How to Write a Poem

Catch the air
around the butterfly.”
― Katerina Stoykova Klemer, The air around the butterfly/Въздухът около пеперудата

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 4-6-2018 10:18 PM | Show all posts
“Writing is like going underwater - thank you for being there when I come back up.”
― Ali Shaw, The Girl With Glass Feet

Use magic Report

Post time 4-6-2018 10:18 PM | Show all posts
“Who you are contributes to your poetry in a number of important ways, but you shouldn't identify with your poems so closely that when they are cut, you're the one that bleeds.”
― Dorianne Laux, The Poet's Companion: A Guide To The Pleasures Of Writing Poetry

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 4-6-2018 10:19 PM | Show all posts
“The true poem rests between the words.”
― Vanna Bonta, Shades Of The World

Use magic Report

Post time 4-6-2018 10:19 PM | Show all posts
“I just want my stories to be mine.”
― Lidia Yuknavitch, Dora: A Headcase

Use magic Report

Post time 4-6-2018 11:32 PM | Show all posts
“Reading at meals is considered rude in polite society, but if you expect to succeed as a writer, rudeness should be the second-to-least of your concerns. The least of all should be polite society and what it expects.”
― Stephen King, On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft

Use magic Report

Post time 4-6-2018 11:33 PM | Show all posts
“The only good teachers for you are those friends who love you, who think you are interesting, or very important, or wonderfully funny; whose attitude is:
"Tell me more. Tell me all you can. I want to understand more about everything you feel and know and all the changes inside and out of you. Let more come out."

And if you have no such friend,--and you want to write,--well, then you must imagine one. ”
― Brenda Ueland, If You Want to Write: A Book about Art, Independence and Spirit

Use magic Report

“Do you think that Hemingway knew he was a writer at twenty years old? No, he did not. Or Fitzgerald, or Wolfe. This is a difficult concept to grasp. Hemingway didn't know he was Ernest Hemingway when he was a young man. Faulkner didn't know he was William Faulkner. But they had to take the first step. They had to call themselves writers. That is the first revolutionary act a writer has to make. It takes courage. But it's necessary”
― Pat Conroy, My Losing Season: A Memoir

Use magic Report

“Generally, people who are good at writing letters have no need to write letters. They've got plenty of life to lead inside their own context.”
― Haruki Murakami, A Wild Sheep Chase

Use magic Report

Post time 4-6-2018 11:34 PM | Show all posts
“Wordplay hides a key to reality that the dictionary tries in vain to lock inside every free word.”
― Julio Cortázar, Around the Day in Eighty Worlds

Use magic Report

Post time 4-6-2018 11:45 PM | Show all posts
“We know that attention acts as a lightning rod. Merely by concentrating on something one causes endless analogies to collect around it, even penetrate the boundaries of the subject itself: an experience that we call coincidence, serendipity – the terminology is extensive. My experience has been that in these circular travels what is really significant surrounds a central absence, an absence that, paradoxically, is the text being written or to be written.”
― Julio Cortázar, Around the Day in Eighty Worlds

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 4-6-2018 11:45 PM | Show all posts
“Writer's block is just a symptom of feeling like you have nothing to say, combined with the rather weird idea that you should feel the need to say something. Why? If you have something to say, then say it. If not, enjoy the silence while it lasts. The noise will return soon enough.”
― Hugh MacLeod, Ignore Everybody: and 39 Other Keys to Creativity

Use magic Report

Post time 4-6-2018 11:47 PM | Show all posts
“I have found, in short, from reading my own writing, that my subject in fiction is the action of grace in territory largely held by the devil.
― Flannery O'Connor, Mystery and Manners: Occasional Prose

Use magic Report

I have also found that what I write is read by an audience which puts little stock either in grace or the devil. You discover your audience at the same time and in the same way that you discover your subject, but it is an added blow.”
― Flannery O'Connor, Mystery and Manners: Occasional Prose

Use magic Report

“…words have been all my life, all my life--this need is like the Spider's need who carries before her a huge Burden of Silk which she must spin out--the silk is her life, her home, her safety--her food and drink too--and if it is attacked or pulled down, why, what can she do but make more, spin afresh, design anew….”
― A.S. Byatt, Possession

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

1-5-2024 04:22 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.256958 second(s), 44 queries .