CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 75328|Reply: 2009

[Buku] ...Quotables @ Bookshelf ...

Close [Copy link]
Post time 4-1-2018 02:09 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
“Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home.”  ― Anna Quindlen, How Reading Changed My Life

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 4-1-2018 02:10 PM | Show all posts
“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.” ― John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-1-2018 02:11 PM | Show all posts

• Invisible ManAuthor: Ralph Ellison
    Year: 1952
    "Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in face of certain defeat."

Use magic Report

Post time 4-1-2018 02:33 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer." - Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

Note: The author passed away not long after giving his last lecture. I reread this book again and again especially when I need a bit of a nudge to keep going when the going gets tough

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 4-1-2018 10:25 PM | Show all posts
Some quotes from my recent read- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine.

About practising self-love.
“You can't protect other people, however hard you try.”

About loss and death
“Time only blunts the pain of loss. It doesn’t erase it.”
“In the end, what matters is this: I survived.”

About solitude/solitary life
“But, by careful observation from the sidelines, I’d worked out that social success is often built on pretending just a little. Popular people sometimes have to laugh at things they don’t find very funny, do things they don’t particularly want to, with people whose company they don’t particularly enjoy. Not me. I had decided, years ago, that if the choice was between that or flying solo, then I’d fly solo. It was safer that way.”
“Some people, weak people, fear solitude. What they fail to understand is that there’s something very liberating about it; once you realize that you don’t need anyone, you can take care of yourself. That’s the thing: it’s best just to take care of yourself.”

About physical beauty
“I feel sorry for beautiful people. Beauty, from the moment you possess it, is already slipping away, ephemeral. That must be difficult. Always having to prove that there’s more to you, wanting people to see beneath the surface, to be loved for yourself, and not your stunning body, sparkling eyes or thick, lustrous hair.
In most professions, getting older means getting better at your job, earning respect because of your seniority and experience. If your job depends on your looks, the opposite is true—how depressing. Suffering other people’s unkindness must be difficult too; all those bitter, less attractive people, jealous and resentful of your beauty. That’s incredibly unfair of them. After all, beautiful people didn’t ask to be born that way. It’s as unfair to dislike someone because they’re attractive as it is to dislike someone because of a deformity.”

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 4-1-2018 11:05 PM | Show all posts
“Hidup harus terus berlanjut,tidak peduli seberapa menyakitkan atau membahagiakan, biar waktu yg menjadi obat”

― Tere Liye, Ayahku (Bukan) Pembohong

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 4-1-2018 11:06 PM | Show all posts
“Daun yang jatuh tak pernah membenci angin, dia membiarkan dirinya jatuh begitu saja. Tak melawan, mengikhlaskan semuanya.

Bahwa hidup harus menerima, penerimaan yang indah. Bahwa hidup harus mengerti, pengertian yang benar. Bahwa hidup harus memahami, pemahaman yang tulus.

Tak peduli lewat apa penerimaan, pengertian, pemahaman itu datang. Tak masalah meski lewat kejadian yang sedih dan menyakitkan. Biarkan dia jatuh sebagaimana mestinya. Biarkan angin merengkuhnya, membawa pergi entah kemana.”

― Tere Liye, Daun Yang Jatuh Tak Pernah Membenci Angin

Use magic Report

Post time 4-1-2018 11:07 PM | Show all posts
“Kemudian yang kamu perlukan hanyalah kaki yang akan melangkah lebih jauh, tangan yang akan berbuat lebih banyak, mata yang akan melihat lebih lama, leher yang akan lebih sering mendongak, tekad yang setebal baja, dan hati yang akan bekerja lebih keras serta mulut yang selalu berdoa.”

― Donny Dhirgantoro, 5 cm

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 4-1-2018 11:08 PM | Show all posts
“Bagiku ada sesuatu yang paling berharga dan hakiki dalam kehidupan: 'dapat mencintai, dapat iba hati, dapat merasai kedukaan'. Tanpa itu semua maka kita tidak lebih dari benda. Berbahagialah orang yang masih mempunyai rasa cinta, yang belum sampai kehilangan benda yang paling bernilai itu. Kalau kita telah kehilangan itu maka absurdlah hidup kita”

― Soe Hok Gie, Catatan Seorang Demonstran

Use magic Report

Post time 4-1-2018 11:10 PM | Show all posts
“A bird is safe in its nest - but that is not what its wings are made for.”

― Amit Ray, World Peace: The Voice of a Mountain Bird

Use magic Report

Post time 4-1-2018 11:11 PM | Show all posts
“Believing in negative thoughts is the single greatest obstruction to success.”

― Charles F. Glassman, Brain Drain The Breakthrough That Will Change Your Life

Use magic Report

Post time 4-1-2018 11:12 PM | Show all posts
“See beyond the eyes can see, believe beyond the inspiration!”

― Felix Y. Siauw, Beyond The Inspiration

Use magic Report

Post time 4-1-2018 11:12 PM | Show all posts
“...don’t judge your future based on others’ mistakes.”

― Rachel Vincent, My Soul to Take

Use magic Report

Post time 4-1-2018 11:13 PM | Show all posts
“Sometimes change was good. Sometimes it was even exactly what you needed.”

― Jenny O'Connell, Plan B

Use magic Report

Post time 4-1-2018 11:13 PM | Show all posts
“I am; I was. I want to be.”

― Joe Hill, Horns

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 5-1-2018 08:35 AM | Show all posts
“Sometimes you need to scorch everything to the ground, and start over. After the burning the soil is richer, and new things can grow. People are like that, too. They start over. They find a way.”

― Celeste Ng, Little Fires Everywhere

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 5-1-2018 11:49 PM | Show all posts
“Do not despise your own place and hour. Every place is under the stars, every place is the center of the world.”

― John Burroughs, Studies in Nature and Literature

Use magic Report

“So it’s true, when all is said and done, grief is the price we pay for love.”

― E.A. Bucchianeri, Brushstrokes of a Gadfly

Use magic Report

“Sometimes the hardest part isn't letting go but rather learning to start over.”

― Nicole Sobon, Program 13

Use magic Report

Post time 5-1-2018 11:53 PM | Show all posts
“We leave something of ourselves behind when we leave a place, we stay there, even though we go away. And there are things in us that we can find again only by going back there.”

― Pascal Mercier, Night Train to Lisbon

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

28-3-2024 09:07 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.386127 second(s), 52 queries .