CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: seribulan

[Buku] ...Quotables @ Bookshelf ...

Close [Copy link]
Post time 24-9-2018 09:59 PM | Show all posts
“It’s so fucking cheap when people say I love you. It’s a name to stick on a surge of hormones, with a little hint of loyalty thrown in. I’ve never liked saying it. Here’s what I say: We’re together, now and until the end. You have everything I need to be happy. You make me feel right.”

JOE HILL, THE FIREMAN

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 24-9-2018 10:00 PM | Show all posts
“We tell ourselves lies to survive when we know the truth will kill us.”

TIFFANY REISZ, THE BOURBON THIEF

Use magic Report

“People are just people, doing people things. Sometimes they’re stupid, and sometimes they’re desperate, and a lot of the time it’s just bad luck. Don’t get your knickers in a twist over people.”

CLAIRE NORTH, THE SUDDEN APPEARANCE OF HOPE

Use magic Report

“You do not write your life with words…You write it with actions. What you think is not important. It is only important what you do.”

PATRICK NESS, A MONSTER CALLS

Use magic Report

Post time 24-9-2018 10:01 PM | Show all posts

“Just because you’re good at something doesn’t mean you have to do it.”

MATTHEW QUICK, EVERY EXQUISITE THING

Use magic Report

“If a hiker gets lost in the mountains, people will coordinate a search. If a train crashes, people will line up to give blood. If an earthquake levels a city, people all over the world will send emergency supplies. This is so fundamentally human that it’s found in every culture without exception. Yes, there are assholes who just don’t care, but they’re massively outnumbered by the people who do.”

ANDY WEIR, THE MARTIAN

Use magic Report

Follow Us
“Now I understand that one of the important reasons for going to college and getting an education is to learn that the things you’ve believed in all your life aren’t true, and that nothing is what it appears to be.”

DANIEL KEYES, FLOWERS FOR ALGERNON

Use magic Report

“The world changes too fast. You take your eyes off something that’s always been there, and the next minute it’s just a memory.”

MICHAEL FABER, THE BOOK OF STRANGE NEW THINGS

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 24-9-2018 10:02 PM | Show all posts
“You told me once that a soul isn’t something a person is born with but something that must be built, by effort and error, study and love. And you did that with more dedication than most, that work of building a soul-not for your own benefit but for the benefit of those that knew you.”

CHAD HARBACH, THE ART OF FIELDING

Use magic Report

Post time 24-9-2018 10:02 PM | Show all posts
“Don’t make the same mistakes that everyone else makes. Make wonderful mistakes. Make the kind of mistakes that make people so shocked that they have no other choice but to be a little impressed.”

JENNY LAWSON, FURIOUSLY HAPPY: A FUNNY BOOK ABOUT HORRIBLE THINGS

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 25-9-2018 10:24 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I love new clothes. If everyone could just wear new clothes everyday, I reckon depression wouldn’t exist anymore.

Sophie Kinsella, Confessions of a Shopaholic

Use magic Report

Post time 25-9-2018 10:25 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
A man will never love you or treat you as well as a store. If a man doesn’t fit, you can’t exchange him seven days later for a gorgeous cashmere sweater. And a store always smells good. A store can awaken a lust for things you never even knew you needed. And when your fingers first grasp those shiny, new bags.

Sophie Kinsella, Confessions of a Shopaholic

Use magic Report

Post time 25-9-2018 10:26 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
No human on God's earth is a nobody.

Sophie Kinsella, Twenties Girl

Use magic Report

Post time 25-9-2018 10:29 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Friendship- my definition- is built on two things. Respect and trust. Both elements have to be there. And it has to be mutual. You can have respect for someone, but if you don't have trust, the friendship will crumble.

Stieg Larsson, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Use magic Report

Post time 25-9-2018 10:30 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
The sweetest smiles hold the darkest secrets.

Sara Shepard, Flawless (Pretty Little Liars, #2)

Use magic Report

Post time 25-9-2018 10:35 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
It’s about how some people carelessly squander what others would sell their souls to have: a healthy, pain-free body. And why? Because they’re too blind, too emotionally scarred, or too self-involved to see past the earth’s dark curve to the next sunrise. Which always comes, if one continues to draw breath.

Stephen King, End of Watch

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 25-9-2018 10:36 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
How cruel would a supreme being have to be to make a world as fucked-up as this one?

Stephen King, Mr. Mercedes

Use magic Report

Post time 25-9-2018 10:42 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Maybe there aren't any such things as good friends or bad friends - maybe there are just friends, people who stand by you when you're hurt and who help you feel not so lonely. Maybe they're always worth being scared for, and hoping for, and living for. Maybe worth dying for too, if that's what has to be. No good friends. No bad friends. Only people you want, need to be with; people who build their houses in your heart.

Stephen King, It

Use magic Report

Post time 25-9-2018 10:42 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
No good friends, no bad friends; only people you want, need to be with. People who build their houses in your heart.

Stephen King, It

Use magic Report

Post time 25-9-2018 10:43 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Best not to look back. Best to believe there will be happily ever afters all the way around - and so there may be; who is to say there will not be such endings? Not all boats which sail away into darkness never find the sun again, or the hand of another child; if life teaches anything at all, it teachers that there are so many happy endings that the man who believes there is no God needs his rationality called into serious question.

Stephen King, It

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

27-4-2024 12:31 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.186032 second(s), 44 queries .