― Pat Conroy, Beach Music

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 1-6-2018 08:08 PM | Show all posts
“I felt like poisoning a monk.”
― Umberto Eco, Postscript to the Name of the Rose

Use magic Report

Post time 1-6-2018 08:08 PM | Show all posts
“Writing, then, was a substitute for myself: if you don't love me, love my writing & love me for my writing. It is also much more: a way of ordering and reordering the chaos of experience.”
― Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath

Use magic Report

Post time 1-6-2018 08:09 PM | Show all posts
“An original writer is not one who imitates nobody, but one whom nobody can imitate.”
― François-René de Chateaubriand, The Genius of Christianity or the Spirit and Beauty of the Christian Religion

Use magic Report

Post time 1-6-2018 08:09 PM | Show all posts
“Write,' she said, 'as if you'll never be read. That way you'll be sure to tell the truth.”
― Lori Lansens, The Girls

Use magic Report

Post time 1-6-2018 08:10 PM | Show all posts
“He looked rather pleasantly, like a blonde satan.”
― Dashiell Hammett, The Maltese Falcon

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 1-6-2018 08:11 PM | Show all posts
" We lose our ability to see angels as we grow older, and that is a tragic loss.”
― Madeleine L'Engle, Walking on Water: Reflections on Faith and Art

Use magic Report

Post time 1-6-2018 10:13 PM | Show all posts
“He thought that the rose was to be found in its own eternity and not in his words; and that we may mention or allude to a thing, but not express it.”
― Jorge Luis Borges, Dreamtigers

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 1-6-2018 10:13 PM | Show all posts
" The further I proceed with it, the more confused it seems even to me, like hazy prospects seen from too far away, since everything passes, even the memory of our most scalding tears and our heartiest laughter; our eyes soon dry, our mouths resume their habitual shape; the only memory that remains to me is that of a long tedious time that lasted for several winters, spent in yawning and wishing I were dead”
― Gustave Flaubert, November

Use magic Report

Post time 1-6-2018 10:14 PM | Show all posts
“The ideal art, the noblest of art: working with the complexities of life, refusing to simplify, to "overcome" doubt.”
― Joyce Carol Oates, The Journal of Joyce Carol Oates: 1973-1982

Use magic Report

Post time 1-6-2018 10:14 PM | Show all posts
“You should spend more time reading the Good Book and less reading all those novels. What are you going to tell the Lord on Judgement Day when He asks you why you didn't read your bible? Hmm?"

I will tell Him that His press agents could have done with a writing lesson or two, I said. To myself.”
― Jennifer Donnelly, A Northern Light

Use magic Report

Post time 1-6-2018 10:15 PM | Show all posts
“It is simply wrong to begin with a theme, symbol or other abstract unifying agent, and then try to force characters and events to conform to it.”
― Thomas Pynchon, Slow Learner: Early Stories

Use magic Report

Post time 1-6-2018 10:15 PM | Show all posts
“Hello, I'm Shellie's new boyfriend and I'm out of my mind.
If you so much as talk to her or even think her name, I'll cut you in ways that'll make you useless to a woman. ”
― Frank Miller, Sin City, Vol. 3: The Big Fat Kill

Use magic Report

Post time 1-6-2018 10:16 PM | Show all posts
“not to find out new principles, or new arguments, never before thought of . . . but to place before mankind the common sense of the subject, in terms so plain and firm as to command their assent, and to justify ourselves in the independent stand we are compelled to take.”
― Thomas Jefferson, The Declaration of Independence

Use magic Report

Post time 1-6-2018 10:16 PM | Show all posts
“I think, because…well, I like the idea of coming up with a story that never existed before, but I don’t really want to be in charge. I don’t want to be famous. I guess I like the idea of sitting in the dark and knowing that I created the thing on screen, that it’s my story, but, like, no-one else has to know it was me. Does that make sense?”
― Melissa Keil, Life in Outer Space

Use magic Report

Post time 1-6-2018 10:17 PM | Show all posts
“Doing fine, thank you, I would say, never knowing how to talk about what I do. If I could talk about it, I would not have to do it. I make art, sometimes I make true art, and sometimes it fills the empty places in my heart. Some of them. Not all.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Ocean at the End of the Lane

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 1-6-2018 10:17 PM | Show all posts
“I cannot encourage any fabrication even for the sake of making people feel good. If I were to fabricate consciously and knowingly, I would not only be ordaining myself their enemy, but also ordaining myself God's enemy.”
― Criss Jami, Killosophy

Use magic Report

Post time 1-6-2018 10:19 PM | Show all posts

“I write Not For the sake of glory Not For the sake of fame Not For the sake of success But for the sake of my soul”
― Beth Nimmo, Rachel's Tears: The Spiritual Journey of Columbine Martyr Rachel Scott

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 2-6-2018 09:22 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood

Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.

Use magic Report

Post time 2-6-2018 07:06 PM | Show all posts
“Bird by bird, buddy. Just take it bird by bird.”
― Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

1-5-2024 01:01 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.185598 second(s), 44 queries .