CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: seribulan

[Pelbagai] ...Quotes on Reading, Writing @ Literature...

Close [Copy link]
Post time 4-2-2018 06:15 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
“For students of every ability and background, it is the simply miraculous act of reading a good book that turns them into readers. The job of adults who care about reading is to move heaven and earth to put that book into a child's hands.”
― Nancy Atwell

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 4-2-2018 06:16 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
“To make the best dicision for a book first check out the title, second check out the cover, third to check out the category what type is it - is it a horror or thriller or it's a psychology - it's important this. Then for sure check out little what's about the book. By openning it and reading the first 3 pages or as much as possible to make your decision!”
― Deyth Banger

Use magic Report

Post time 4-2-2018 06:19 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
“Everybody should read something. Otherwise we all fall down into the pit of ignorance. Many are down there. Some people fall in it forever. Their lives mean nothing. They should not exist. (From the short story, "Charity".)”
― Charles Baxter

Use magic Report

Post time 4-2-2018 06:20 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
“Reading is a test, Its test like a water drop.
Famine like you din't even saw it, but when you try to read a book its hard to take a startup but then as long as you read it you getting inside of it!”
― shuhab

Use magic Report

Post time 4-2-2018 06:24 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
“When you come to any passage you don't understand, read it again: if you still don't understand it, read it again: if you fail, even after three readings, very likely your brain is getting a little tired. In that case, put the book away, and take to other occupations, and next day, when you come to it fresh, you will very likely find that it is quite easy.”
― Lewis Carroll

Use magic Report

Post time 4-2-2018 06:30 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
“Literature is the safe and traditional vehicle through which we learn about the world and pass on values from on generation to the next. Books save lives.”
― Laurie Anderson

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 4-2-2018 06:30 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
“Literature duplicates the experience of living in a way that nothing else can, drawing you so fully into another life that you temporarily forget you have one of your own. That is why you read it, and might even sit up in bed till early dawn, throwing your whole tomorrow out of whack, simply to find out what happens to some people who, you know perfectly well, are made up.”
― Barbara Kingsolver

Use magic Report

Post time 4-2-2018 06:31 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
“If I read a book that impresses me, I have to take myself firmly in hand before I mix with other people; otherwise they would think my mind rather queer.”
― Anne Frank

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 4-2-2018 06:32 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
“The act of true reading is in its very essence democratic. Consider the nature of what happens when we read a book - and I mean, of course, a work of literature, not an instruction manual or a textbook - in private, unsupervised, un-spied-on, alone. It isn't like a lecture: it's like a conversation. There's a back-and-forthness about it. The book proposes, the reader questions, the book responds, the reader considers. We bring our own preconceptions and expectations, our own intellectual qualities, and our limitations, too, our own previous experiences of reading, our own temperament, our own hopes and fears, our own personality to the encounter.”
― Philip Pullman

Use magic Report

Post time 4-2-2018 06:35 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
“The vast majority of us imagine ourselves as like literature people or math people. But the truth is that the massive processor known as the human brain is neither a literature organ or a math organ. It is both and more.”
― John Green

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 4-2-2018 06:37 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts

“To give an accurate description of what has never occurred is not merely the proper occupation of the historian, but the inalienable privilege of any man of parts and culture.”
― Oscar Wilde

Use magic Report

Post time 4-2-2018 06:37 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts

“We keep quiet about what we read. Our enjoyment of a book remains a jealously guarded secret. Perhaps because there`s no need to talk, or because it takes time to distill what we've read before we can say anything. Silence is our guarantee of intimacy. We might have finished reading but we`re still living
the book.”
― Daniel Pennac

Use magic Report

Post time 4-2-2018 06:38 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
“The first time I read an excellent work, it is to me just as if I gained a new friend; and when I read over a book I have perused before, it resembles the meeting of an old one.”
― James Goldsmith

Use magic Report

Post time 4-2-2018 06:38 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts

“I must warn you that the books I like are not necessarily the ones I think are the best. I like them for various reasons not always easy to explain.”
― Gabriel García Márquez

Use magic Report

Post time 4-2-2018 06:40 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts

“Everything that looks too perfect is too perfect to be perfect.”
― Dejan Stojanovic

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-2-2018 07:03 PM | Show all posts
Literacy is a bridge from misery to hope. —Kofi Annan

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 4-2-2018 07:09 PM | Show all posts
There is no such thing as a child who hates to read; there are only children who have not found the right book. —Frank Serafini

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-2-2018 07:10 PM | Show all posts
Children are made readers on the laps of their parents. —Emilie Buchwald

Use magic Report

Post time 4-2-2018 10:10 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
“I can shake off everything as I write; my sorrows disappear, my courage is reborn.” — Anne Frank

Use magic Report

Post time 4-2-2018 10:11 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
“You can make anything by writing.” — C.S. Lewis

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

5-5-2024 09:33 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.104781 second(s), 48 queries .