CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: seribulan

[Pelbagai] ...Quotes on Reading, Writing @ Literature...

Close [Copy link]
Post time 7-6-2018 08:16 PM | Show all posts
“Let the writer take up surgery or bricklaying if he is interested in technique. There is no mechanical way to get the writing done, no shortcut. The young writer would be a fool to follow a theory. Teach yourself by your own mistakes; people learn only by error. The good artist believes that nobody is good enough to give him advice. He has supreme vanity. No matter how much he admires the old writer, he wants to beat him.”
― William Faulkner

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 7-6-2018 08:17 PM | Show all posts
“Reading maketh a full man; conference a ready man; and writing an exact man.”
― Francis Bacon

Use magic Report

Post time 7-6-2018 08:18 PM | Show all posts
“People who understand everything get no stories.”
― Bertolt Brecht

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-6-2018 09:12 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 8-6-2018 09:00 PM | Show all posts
“A cliche is everything you've ever heard of.”
― Janet Fitch

Use magic Report

Post time 8-6-2018 09:00 PM | Show all posts
“I have been writing now for over a week. I find it cleansing, refreshing; it is good for me.” (p.531)”
― Storm Constantine

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 8-6-2018 09:01 PM | Show all posts
“The pen is mightier than the sword unless it's a real sword in which case the guy with the pen should run away fast.”
― Roger Eschbacher

Use magic Report

Post time 8-6-2018 09:02 PM | Show all posts
“Writers shouldn't fear criticism. Instead, they should fear silence. Criticism is healthy. It gets people thinking about your work and, even better, it gets them talking and arguing. But as for silence -- it is the greatest killer of writers. So if you hate a book and want to hurt it -- don't talk about it. And if you hate my books -- please, for God's sake, shout it from the hills! ”
― Robert Fanney

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 8-6-2018 09:02 PM | Show all posts
“I prayed hard and only gradually became aware that this fierce praying was a way of finding prologue and entrance into my own writing. This came as both astonishment and relief. When I thought God had abandoned me, I discovered that He had simply given me a different voice to praise the inexhaustible beauty of the made world.”
― Pat Conroy

Use magic Report

Post time 8-6-2018 09:03 PM | Show all posts

“Our most basic instinct is not for survival but for family. Most of us would give our own life for the survival of a family member, yet we lead our daily life too often as if we take our family for granted.”
― Paul Pearsall

Use magic Report

Post time 8-6-2018 09:03 PM | Show all posts
“To present a whole world that doesn’t exist and make it seem real, we have to more or less pretend we’re polymaths. That’s just the act of all good writing.”
― William Gibson

Use magic Report

Post time 8-6-2018 09:04 PM | Show all posts
“Believe in your character. Animate (or write) with sincerity.”
― Glen Keane

Use magic Report

“Only a few of us are going to be willing to break our own hearts by trading in the living beauty of imagination for the stark disappointment of words.”
― Ann Patchett

Use magic Report

“If you are destined to become a writer, you can't help it. If you can help it, you aren't destined to become a writer. The frustrations and disappointments, not even to mention the unspeakable loneliness, are too unbearable for anyone who doesn't have a deep sense of being unable to avoid writing.”
― Donald Harington

Use magic Report

Post time 8-6-2018 09:05 PM | Show all posts
“If I ever saw my muse she would be an old woman with a tight bun and spectacles poking me in the middle of the back and growling, "Wake up and write the book!”
― Kerry Greenwood

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 9-6-2018 08:25 AM | Show all posts
Life is too short to read books that I'm not enjoying.
Melissa Marr

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 9-6-2018 09:33 PM | Show all posts
“If a writer writes poems and short stories and novels, but nobody ever reads them, is she really a writer?”
― Jennifer Weiner

Use magic Report

Post time 9-6-2018 09:33 PM | Show all posts
“Luck? I don’t know anything about luck. I’ve never banked on it and I’m afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: hard work - and realizing what opportunity is and what isn’t." — Lucille Ball”

Use magic Report

Post time 9-6-2018 09:34 PM | Show all posts
“I do think that poetry is important though, if you don’t strive at it, if you don’t fill it full of stars and falseness.”
― Charles Bukowski

Use magic Report

Post time 9-6-2018 09:34 PM | Show all posts
“It wasn't until I was 37 that I grasped the great truth that you've got to write your own books and nobody else's, and then everything followed from there.”
― William Golding

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

24-4-2024 10:14 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.092202 second(s), 41 queries .