CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: seribulan

[Pelbagai] ...Quotes on Reading, Writing @ Literature...

Close [Copy link]
Post time 10-6-2018 06:11 PM | Show all posts
“Believe in yourself and in your own voice, because there will be times in this business when you will be the only one who does. Take heart from the knowledge that an author with a strong voice will often have trouble at the start of his or her career because strong,distinctive voices sometimes make editors nervous. But in the end, only the strong survive.”
― Jayne Ann Krentz

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

“The writer's life: Hard days, lots of work, no money, too much silence. Nobody's fault. You chose it. ”
― Bill Barich

Use magic Report

“The statement ‘There is nothing more American than an Indian’ happens to be a multidimensional paradox. Try and not say too many of those. That might open your mind to ideas that could cause sanity point loss.”
― Charles Slagle

Use magic Report

Post time 10-6-2018 06:12 PM | Show all posts
“Our admiration of fine writing will always be in proportion to its real difficulty and its apparent ease.”
― Charles Caleb Colton

Use magic Report

Post time 10-6-2018 06:12 PM | Show all posts
“And please God, grant me the wisdom to remember that I am writing for children, not golden stickers.”
― Rick Riordan

Use magic Report

Post time 10-6-2018 06:13 PM | Show all posts
“He read me extracts from a medical journal describing the progress of a staphylococcus aureus infection. And then he pleasured me with a potato.”
― Grant Morrison

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 11-6-2018 09:52 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 12-6-2018 11:26 AM | Show all posts
“So many books, so little time.”
― Frank Zappa

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 26-6-2018 09:52 AM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 27-6-2018 03:44 PM | Show all posts
Edited by nottie at 27-6-2018 04:00 PM

a child who read will be adult who thinks.
unknown

Comments

Source?  Post time 27-6-2018 03:46 PM

Use magic Report

Post time 27-6-2018 03:46 PM | Show all posts
i do believe something very magical can happen when u read a good book.
JK Rowling

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 27-6-2018 03:50 PM | Show all posts
Edited by nottie at 27-6-2018 04:00 PM

Reading is a conversation.All books talk.But a good book listens as wellMark Haddon

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 28-6-2018 07:50 PM | Show all posts
“Some writers are the kind of solo violinists who need complete silence to tune their instruments. Others want to hear every member of the orchestra—they’ll take a cue from a clarinet, from an oboe, even. I am one of those. My writing desk is covered in open novels. I read lines to swim in a certain sensibility, to strike a particular note, to encourage rigour when I’m too sentimental, to bring verbal ease when I’m syntactically uptight. I think of reading like a balanced diet; if your sentences are baggy, too baroque, cut back on fatty Foster Wallace, say, and pick up Kafka, as roughage. If your aesthetic has become so refined it is stopping you from placing a single black mark on white paper, stop worrying so much about what Nabokov would say; pick up Dostoyevsky, patron saint of substance over style.”

- Zadie Smith : Changing My Mind: Occasional Essays

Use magic Report

Post time 28-6-2018 07:50 PM | Show all posts
"I’m never interested in writing a kind of neutral, universal novel that could be set anywhere. To me, the novel is a local thing."

- Zadie Smith

Use magic Report

Post time 28-6-2018 07:51 PM | Show all posts
“When I write I am trying to express my way of being in the world. This is primarily a process of elimination: once you have removed all the dead language, the second-hand dogma, the truths that are not your own but other people's, the mottos, the slogans, the out-and-out lies of your nation, the myths of your historical moment - once you have removed all that warps experience into a shape you do not recognise and do not believe in - what you are left with is something approximating the truth of your own conception.”

- Zadie Smith

Use magic Report

Post time 28-6-2018 07:51 PM | Show all posts
“Be completely fearless. [...]Write without constraints, or worrying about who you represent, or whether you should represent anyone, or who your audience is, or what you can or can't do with a female character, or a black character, or someone of restricted growth, or someone who's hugely fat. You must write total confidence that the fiction is its own justification.”

- Zadie Smith

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 28-6-2018 07:52 PM | Show all posts
"Protect the time and space in which you write. Keep everybody away from it, even the people who are most important to you."

- Zadie Smith

Use magic Report

Post time 28-6-2018 07:52 PM | Show all posts
“The very reason I write is so that I might not sleepwalk through my entire life.”

- Zadie Smith

Use magic Report

Post time 28-6-2018 07:53 PM | Show all posts
“We cannot be all the writers all the time. We can only be who we are [...] writers do not write what they want, they write what they can.”

- Zadie Smith

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 1-7-2018 04:00 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I read like the flame reads the wood.
Alfred Dblin

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

6-5-2024 05:06 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.206254 second(s), 56 queries .