Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 35810|Reply: 90

Buddhist beheaded by moslem-fanatics in Southern Thai

Close [Copy link]
Post time 1-6-2004 08:44 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Attackers behead Thai Buddhist in Muslim south

BANGKOK - An elderly Buddhist man was found decapitated in troubled southern Thailand on Saturday and his attackers left a note suggesting the murder was linked to recent unrest, police said.

Residents found the head of a murdered rubber worker lying on a road two hours before dawn, police Lieutenant Suwit Phusathit, in the province of Narathiwat bordering Malaysia, told Reuters.

"His killer or killers left a note saying 'If you still arrest innocent Malays, we will also kill innocent Buddhists,'" the officer said.

The body of the 67-year-old man was left in a rubber plantation about 60 m (200 ft) away.

Suwit said police were investigating to decide if the grusome murder stemmed from recent violence in the Muslim south.

"It is possible the killer might want to exploit the recent events to hide some personal motive, or he might really want to instigate tension between Muslims and Buddhists," Suwit said.

More than 200 people have been killed since January in bloody violence in southern Thailand. Tension in the region started on January 4 when dozens of suspected Muslim militants raided an army camp to steal almost 400 guns.

The unrest exploded into major bloodshed on April 28 when police and soldiers stormed an Islamic mosque in the nearby province of Pattani and killed 108 Muslims holding out there.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 1-6-2004 09:41 PM | Show all posts
Thai Buddhist shrine ransacked
A Buddhist shrine has been ransacked in the latest violence to hit southern Thailand, following the beheading of a Buddhist farmer at the weekend.
Talks on the ongoing attacks - due to have involved a separatist Muslim leader and the government - were indefinitely called off on Tuesday.

Deputy Prime Minister Chavalit Yongchaiyudh said he was worried the talks would jeopardise security.

As many as 200 people have died in the violence since the start of the year.

About 20 people broke into the Lim Ko Nhieo shrine in Pattani before dawn on Tuesday and broke lamps and threw furniture around, Pote Sauysuwan, the chief of Pattani police, told the Associated Press.

The shrine is next to Krue Se mosque, where security forces in April killed 32 militants who were hiding inside after an earlier shootout.

SOUTHERN THAILAND
Home to most of Thailand's 4% Muslim minority
Muslim rebels fought the government up to the mid-80s
Area beset by poverty and poor relations between local communities and officials

They were among 108 people who died on that day, after bands of young men launched co-ordinated attacks on security posts.

Mr Chavalit said Tuesday's shrine attack was clearly an attempt to incite conflict between Muslims and Buddhists - the predominant religion in Thailand.

"Thy have been trying to create a sectarian conflict for a long time," he said.

Talks to discuss the violence were planned for later this week between the Thai administration and Wan Abdul Kadir Che Man, the leader of Bersatu, an umbrella group for separatists.

Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra said the government was not recognising the group, but talking to it would be instructive.

Bersatu groups together a number of separatist organisations, such as the Pattani United Liberation Front (Pulo), Barisan Revolusi Nasional (BRN) and Gerakan Mujahideen Islam Pattani. The world Bersatu means "united" in Malay

But The Bangkok Post said Mr Chavalit was strongly opposed to the idea.

The three southern Muslim dominated provinces of Pattani, Narathiwat and Yala have been the scene of drive-by shootings, weapons raids and arson attacks on Buddhist monks, schools and security officials since January.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/asia-pacific/3765861.stm

More news about situation from that southern part of Thailand.Realized that these troublemakers must be dealt swiftly without mercy.These misfits are spreading unrest among the normal peaceful civilians.And i dare say that the Thailand law enforcers should just shoot to kill these bunch of trouble makers once and for all.

[ Last edited by Seraphim on 1-6-2004 at 10:04 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 1-6-2004 09:43 PM | Show all posts
"His killer or killers left a note saying 'If you still arrest innocent Malays, we will also kill innocent Buddhists,'" the officer said.

I guess the police just arrest one person you can have the license to just kill a random Buddhist.Realized the difference between arrest and murder.I guess a Buddhist's life is cheap and the sad reality is most  buddhists never actually fight back.Pity them.

[ Last edited by Seraphim on 1-6-2004 at 09:53 PM ]

Use magic Report

WinterNights This user has been deleted
Post time 1-6-2004 09:57 PM | Show all posts
Hmmm, is there any substance to the claims of Muslims there?

I am they are claiming that the government is oppressing them but are there any evidences whatsoever??

Use magic Report

Post time 2-6-2004 09:17 AM | Show all posts
by Seraphim

I guess a Buddhist's life is cheap and the sad reality is most  buddhists never actually fight back.Pity them  

Pity the oppressors ... the more they hurt others, they further they are from the Truth.

Use magic Report

Gapodio This user has been deleted
Post time 2-6-2004 09:31 AM | Show all posts
The lost is on both side. The murder take place on both side. Do you care to read the story on other side?. The most important substance to be able to live in harmony is a fair treatment.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 2-6-2004 09:49 AM | Show all posts
by Gapodio

The lost is on both side. The murder take place on both side. Do you care to read the story on other side?. The most important substance to be able to live in harmony is a fair treatment.  

WRONG ... God knows who is right and who is wrong. You are not the only one who pray to God. Let Him decide and punish those who hurt others. :agr:

As for living ... we (non-Muslims) lives in harmony with ourselves. We treat each other fine and with fair treatment.

"Muslims do not accept the truth that some of them are doing wrong and not living accordance to Islam" - PM Datuk Abdullah Badwi on TV3 yesterday, 8.00 news. ff:

Use magic Report

Post time 2-6-2004 09:54 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Gapodio at 2-6-2004 09:31 AM:

Story from the other side?As if there's "story" to be told from the other side. :stp: What the other side got brutally murdered or something? I dont think so.What trigger this? My best guess is because they dont want to be ruled by a non-Muslim government or something.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 2-6-2004 09:55 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Sephiroth at 2-6-2004 09:49 AM:
As for living ... we (non-Muslims) lives in harmony with ourselves. We treat each other fine and with fair treatment.

Got that right...as if the Siamese Buddhists over there have something to gain from the "other side" :stp:

Use magic Report

Post time 2-6-2004 10:00 AM | Show all posts
by Seraphim

Got that right...as if the Siamese Buddhists over there have something to gain from the "other side"

Buddhist gain NOTHING from Muslim nor do they ask for ANYTHING for allowing them to live in their society.

Muslims want to built Mosques ... there is no restrictions. There is no restrictions from Buddhist to perform their daily spiritual practises. There is no reason for Muslims to hurt them. YET they do hurt others.

IF Muslims have problems with the government, go against the government. WHY kill non-combatant Buddhist just because you have no balls to go against the government?

Use magic Report

Post time 2-6-2004 10:00 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Seraphim at 2004-6-2 09:54 AM:

Story from the other side?As if there's "story" to be told from the other side. :stp: What the other side got brutally murdered or something? I dont think so.What trigger this? My bes ...

OK ...I don't want to waste time on ppl  with this kind of attitude ... I'm right and you absolutely WRONG ...

Use magic Report

Post time 2-6-2004 10:08 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Gapodio at 2-6-2004 10:00 AM:

OK ...I don't want to waste time on ppl  with this kind of attitude ... I'm right and you absolutely WRONG ...

Yea you are ALWAYS right with your brilliant theories.Got that.
Muslims got killed and Muslims will cry "Someone is out there to get us and opress us!!!"

Non-Muslims got killed it's always "theres must be reasons why that happened and most probably because someone(non-Muslims) started opressing us again"<sigh>

:pray::pray::pray:

You got to accept the fact that these are done by some EVIL MUSLIMS...And stop trying to show that these bunch of misfits' actions can or able to be justified

[ Last edited by Seraphim on 2-6-2004 at 10:09 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 2-6-2004 10:20 AM | Show all posts
by Seraphim

You got to accept the fact that these are done by some EVIL MUSLIMS...And stop trying to show that these bunch of misfits' actions can or able to be justified

Even PM Datuk Abdullah Badwi agreed to this statement yesterday in the news (TV3 - 8.00).

When you people going to stop making excuses for your crazed brethen? ;)

Use magic Report

KENNKID This user has been deleted
Post time 2-6-2004 10:35 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Sephiroth at 2004-6-2 10:20 AM:
by Seraphim

Even PM Dat ...

One can only comment on this after the guilty have been captured and proven guilty. Right now, it is mere speculation and guess work

Use magic Report

Post time 2-6-2004 10:45 AM | Show all posts
by KENNKID

One can only comment on this after the guilty have been captured and proven guilty. Right now, it is mere speculation and guess work

That's the only thing works for you this time. You can start "Innocent till proven Guilty" fiasco.

And after that, (assuming it is proven), it is "One man's action doesn't reflect on Muslims and true nature of Islam" fiasco.

And when non-Muslims continued to force them to behave, it is "Non-Muslims oppressing us!" fiasco.

Been there, seen it. Same sh!t everyday. ;)

Which is why I will let God judge and punish the guilty. No forgiveness will be given to you no matter how many time you ask. Let the Earth below you and the Sky above you judge you and your race like those of two cities in your book - Gomoth and the other one. nf:

Use magic Report

Post time 2-6-2004 10:52 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Sephiroth at 2004-6-2 10:45 AM:
by KENNKID

That's the only thing works for you th ...

If it is proven that a Muslim or a group of Muslims did it, I will say that they are not following Islamic teachings. They are guilty and deserve to be punished for murder. I am 100% against it.

If it is not done by Muslims, then I will say that the accusation on Muslims was clearly wrong.

Nothing more, nothing less, Mr Seph.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 2-6-2004 11:17 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by KENNKID at 2004-6-2 10:35 AM:

One can only comment on this after the guilty have been captured and proven guilty. Right now, it is mere speculation and guess work[/s ...

you're absolutely right.. or it could be just another "lie" told by the media and also not to discard the possibility of it being a conspiracy by the Thai government.

{sarcasm}

Use magic Report

Post time 2-6-2004 11:17 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Sephiroth at 2004-6-2 10:45 AM:
by KENNKID

That's the only thing works for you th ...

Sep ....

Amazingly we have the same feeling ..... I feel Muslim being suppress and are the victims of big plot. If it is done by Muslim it will blow out of proportion. If it the victim were Muslim than it is OK ... It is muslim who start it first anyway ..... we are just defending ourselve or we kill those muslim for the good of other muslim :hmm:

This is my take.

- If it is done by Muslim it is against the Islamic  values that I learn and I condemn the action.

However it need to either
  - Have Prove beyond resonable doubt
  - A prominent muslim figure/group admit admitting it - not just some sort of SURAT LAYANG.

Use magic Report

Post time 2-6-2004 11:22 AM | Show all posts
I have nothing to say ... no use justifying anything to me.

God (if He who I fast to and pray to IS REAL) will handle this as He sees fit.

Use magic Report

Post time 2-6-2004 11:27 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Sephiroth at 2004-6-2 11:22 AM:
I have nothing to say ... no use justifying anything to me.

God (if He who I fast to and pray to IS REAL) will handle this as He sees fit.

I agree with you, absolutely.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic
Dividen KWSP 2023 5.4% dan 5.5%
AbahmungDividen KWSP 2023 5.4% dan 5.5%
Views : 1718 Replies : 0
Emma Maembong mohon maaf, tersilap langkah 'voice note' Ruhainies isu Bella Astillah
YgBenarEmma Maembong mohon maaf, tersilap langk
Views : 7791 Replies : 115
Tragedi Helikopter Terhempas Diketawakan Warga Singapura
beggTragedi Helikopter Terhempas Diketawakan
Views : 17796 Replies : 113
Hanya cakap "apa khabar" sudah dapat kerja...  pempengaruh Imran Bard kata kita terlalu mengagung orang luar seperti Korea berbanding layanan mereka terhadap orang kita.Anda setuju?
YgBenarHanya cakap "apa khabar" sudah dapat ker
Views : 8980 Replies : 62
Mari Tepek Gif Picture V.7
tariMari Tepek Gif Picture V.7
Views : 54968 Replies : 2755
Belum masanya Malaysia laksana aturan waktu kerja fleksibel
ultra78Belum masanya Malaysia laksana aturan wa
Views : 6359 Replies : 25
Restoran Kantan Datin Isma
AngelFreakyAFRestoran Kantan Datin Isma
Views : 18022 Replies : 90
Elia Jejari Runcing
friedfishsoupElia Jejari Runcing
Views : 86188 Replies : 307
Lelaki 45 tahun ada lebih RM1 juta KWSP cetus inspirasi
ultra78Lelaki 45 tahun ada lebih RM1 juta KWSP
Views : 21722 Replies : 166
FATTAH FAZURA FATIMA bergandingan dalam drama HERO SEORANG CINDERELLA 2.0
FORUMCARIIIFATTAH FAZURA FATIMA bergandingan dalam
Views : 281866 Replies : 9530

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

25-4-2024 03:16 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.483740 second(s), 49 queries .