CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 3680|Reply: 2

Hijab and hair: 17 pleasures and struggles as told by hijabisIt's all in the det

[Copy link]
Post time 20-4-2018 11:49 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by lalangwang at 24-4-2018 04:02 PM

Hijab and hair: 17 pleasures and struggles as told by hijabisIt's all in the details.2016-12-13 12:41[url=]

TRESemmé

Wearing the hijab is a personal act of piety that comes with its own set of special pleasures...and struggles. A lot of these have to do with--you guessed it--our hair.
Too many people think that when a hijabi covers her hair, she ceases to have a relationship with it. It's just not true. Here are just some things that make a hijabi's connection with her hair a special one, to say the least.

On struggles

1. Baby hairs can't be tamed

When the baby hair gone wild 'til the inner hijab can't handle it pic.twitter.com/3xf9adNaeP
— T I A (@quiffpierceluke) October 31, 2016

Those wild baby hairs are dying to take a peek at the outside world. But there's a hack: hairspray!

2. Hijab malfunction after a long day out

Source: Pinterest

"For exactly how long has my hijab looked like I've just gotten out of a roller-coaster and why did my friends not tell me to fix it? Friendship over!"

3. Wearing it on a good hair day breaks your heart

Ay@ATTQureshi

Having a really good hair day and then putting your hijab on...
10:22 PM - Apr 11, 2016

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Your hair is looking flawless. First things first, you take selfies and send them to all your girlfriends on Snapchat.
But when it's time to go out, you die a little on the inside. You put on the hijab and start questioning whether you need to go out in the first place. All you really want to do is cancel all your plans and invite your squad over to dote over your fabulous hair.

4. Is your hair falling or are you just delusional?

All the talk you hear about hijab and hair loss sends you to panic mode. But you can't tell if the hijab has really taken its toll on your hair or if it's just the paranoia speaking. Either way, you scour the interwebs for hijab hair-care because it's better to be safe than sorry.

5. Hijab + wet hair = ultimate discomfort

You go to great lengths to avoid showering if you're leaving the house in less than two hours, but unexpected plans always disappoint.
The result? An uncomfortably wet under-hijab bonnet, plus when you eventually take off your scarf, you find your hair (which is still wet 7 hours later!) glued to the top of your head with crazy curls at the bottom. You probably need another shower for your hair to look presentable again.

6. "Take off your hijab, we're all girls here." -Thanks, but no thanks!

Source: Imgur

You know how riders have helmet hair? Hijabis have hijab hair, it's a fact.
No matter how fabulous your hair looked before leaving the house, it turns into a flat, silky smooth scalp that dissolves into random creases and an awkward frizz at the bottom.

7. Awkward moments brought to you by male guests

Hanadi@Hanadi_128

One time my friend's brother walked into the kitchen & I didn't have my hijab on so I hid under the table wallah
10:48 AM - Aug 20, 2015

That moment when my brother's friend(a guy)came into my house without me wearing hijab..i quickly ran into my room like running 100m run.😂
— coutinho (@ftnamrn) June 12, 2015

From barging into the living room sans-hijab and finding your brother's whole basketball squad staring at you, to trapping yourself in your room until guests leave because you really can't get yourself to be a hijabi at your own home. Male guests are a pain in the hijab.

8. Where's the Snapchat hijab filter?

Yumna@YVMN4

Ok but do u know how much easier my life would be if snapchat had a hijab filter
2:37 PM - Aug 7, 2016

On pleasures

9. It's a natural face-slimmer

inactive@KingftBieber

Perks of wearing hijab: covering your double chin )
2:33 PM - Jun 13, 2016

Depending on how you style it, the hijab can do wonders in shaping your face. We really don't give it enough credit for this!

10. Taking it off after a long day is the definition of heavenly

Source: Instagram

Willow Smith was definitely referring to hijabis when she sang "I whip my hair back and forth" because that's exactly what you do as soon as you get home, granting your hair the liberty it deserves after a long day in captivity.

11. A bad hair day is the least of your concerns

Source: Pinterest

Nothing makes you more grateful for the hijab like waking up to a bad hair day.
Behind that beautiful silk scarf and that on-point makeup, you could be hiding a catastrophe that would give any hair-dresser a mini heart-attack and no one could ever tell!
But to be fair, bad hijab days are a thing and those are just as brutal.

12. Prepping for fancy events has never been this easy

While your female friends and relatives spend long stressful hours at the salon trying to get the perfect hairdo, all you need is a make-up appointment (if any).

13. You live for winter days

View image on Twitter

oovoo javer@ouda_here

It's so much fun wearing a hijab in the winter cause while everyone's complaining about how cold it is I'm over here like
7:20 AM - Nov 23, 2016

Not only does your fashion sense evolve as the weather gets colder (you take layering to a whole new level, but you're also the warmest girl in the room with your hijab acting as earmuffs.

14. Crazy hijabless snaps with no blackmail to worry about

one of the many perks of wearing the hijab: you can send the ugliest snaps to your friends and they can never blackmail you
— Sahar Chedid (@saharrc) November 20, 2016

*evil laughs*

15. Listening to music any time, any place

Fatema@haider_fatema

Best part about wearing the hijab is listening to music with ur earphones in class and not getting caught
6:30 AM - Apr 30, 2015

How else would you make it through hours of boring lectures and intolerable family gatherings? Besides, the hijab bonnet gives extra support and stops earbuds from falling, so you might as well make the best of this gem.

16. Going all sorts of crazy with your hair

You could be hiding rainbow colored hair or a Mohawk under the hijab and no one would ever know! Being a hijabi means you can fearlessly experiment with your hair, at the risk of your mum disowning you of course.  

17. Finding alternative uses for your hijab

MéLISSAHAHAHA@melissalata

Man
11:48 PM - Oct 31, 2015

Your hijab doubles as a Bluetooth headset, a shield from the rain, earmuffs, the perfect cloth to wipe your glasses...

https://stepfeed.com/hijab-and-hair-18-pleasures-and-struggles-as-told-by-hijabis-1061

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 19-6-2021 08:53 PM | Show all posts
I think this is definitely an amazing project here. So much good will be coming from this project. The ideas and the work behind this will pay off so much.N95 Face Mask        https://gsmedic.com/

Use magic Report

Post time 15-9-2022 07:54 PM | Show all posts
Hijab and hair, what a complicated relationship. You've probably heard the phrase You are beautiful just the way you are or you too no doubt have felt self-conscious about your hair or clothing. You need to check this https://www.jewishwigswholesale.com/jewish-wigs.html and get learn more tips for Kosher Wigs wholesale. You've probably also gotten advice from a friend or relative about how to achieve that perfect style for your Hijab.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 07:43 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.209939 second(s), 28 queries .