Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: ariyamusafir

Iraq: Full sovereignty after 30 June?

Close [Copy link]
AGG^^IE This user has been deleted
Post time 14-6-2004 05:34 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by AGG^^IE at 14-6-2004 03:48 PM:

How come Singapore flag got crescent and star one? U should have the star of david.:nerd:

Why so quiet one Debmey? Answer lor...:lol Its for solidarity with islam is it? Hiyo, u expect me to believe that?  by the way, i'm still here, not dissapeared yet. :kant:

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 14-6-2004 05:43 PM | Show all posts
i just found what the Hsin-chia-p'o (Singapore) flag means. Read description.:lol

http://flagspot.net/flags/sg.html#des

Use magic Report

Post time 14-6-2004 05:47 PM | Show all posts
[quote]Originally posted by AGG^^IE at 14-6-2004 05:43 PM:
i just found what the Hsin-chia-p'o (Singapore) flag means. Read description.:lol

http://flagspot.net/flags/sg.html#des

"Remember that Singapore with its 80% Chinese majority has always been aware of its sensitive positioning with the 15 million Muslims of Malaysia just a few kilometres North and with the 170(?) million of Muslim Indonesians just South. It has always been necessary to soothe and placate.:bodek::bodek::bodek: For the home crowd, the crescent was a little bit uneasy and it has always been emphasised that this was not representation of Islam but represent a country on the ascent. These days, the sensitivities and touchiness of the past can be examined more honestly and it is politically correct to say that the crescent was put in to placate the Malays.":bodek::bodek::bodek:

Malay ppl in this forum: u like the feeling that Hsin-chia-p'o is placating (bodekking):bodek: u or not :bgrin:

Use magic Report

Post time 14-6-2004 05:56 PM | Show all posts
N then i oso got this explanation about the red n white stripes on the malaysian flag.:clap:

"Malaysia is a federation of monarchies and a member of the (British) Commonwealth. The use of red and white stripes to represent a federation is clearly a United States innovation, but early U.S. flag designers probably got the idea of red and white stripes from the flag of the British East India Company, whose ships were frequently seen in American ports. The Straits Settlements were an East India Company protectorate, and I suspect that the stripes on the Malaysian flag make reference to both their federation and their history with the East India Company."

http://flagspot.net/flags/my.html#fla

Use magic Report

KENNKID This user has been deleted
Post time 14-6-2004 06:03 PM | Show all posts
The interim Iraqi government that takes power then, however, will be more caretaking than autonomous, unable to do basic functions such as make laws or control military forces.

Zbigniew Brzezinski, national security adviser to former President Carter, says the term ``full sovereignty'' - emphasized Tuesday by Bush, Secretary of State Colin Powell and national security adviser Condoleezza Rice - lacks credibility. No government can be fully sovereign while its country is ``still being occupied by a foreign army, 140,000 men, subject to our authority,'' he said.

Brzezinski envisions a government of ``limited sovereignty,'' the same wording used by Undersecretary of State Marc Grossman before Congress in April.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldl ... C-4158924%2C00.html

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-6-2004 08:19 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by AGG^^IE at 14-6-2004 17:34:

Why so quiet one Debmey? Answer lor...:lol Its for solidarity with islam is it? Hiyo, u expect me to believe that?  by the way, i'm still here, not dissapeared yet. :kant:

Ya loh.:cak: Debmey why ar???? By the way, every pattern in the Malaysian flag got meaning one. There are only 14 strips representing 13 states and 1 Federal territory which consists of Labuan, KL and Putrajaya. The cresent, the star all have meaning. Yellow also got its meaning. By the way, our strips end with white and start with red, unlike the US which doesn't end with white if not mistaken. Theirs consists of white stars while Malaysia, no white stars but One big yellow stars with 14 bucu and one Yellow cresent.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 14-6-2004 08:22 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by AGG^^IE at 14-6-2004 17:56:
N then i oso got this explanation about the red n white stripes on the malaysian flag.:clap:

"Malaysia is a federation of monarchies and a member of the (British) Commonwealth. The use of r ...

Good job lad. By the way, there are 14 stripes representing 13 states and a Federal territory which consists of Putrajaya, Kuala Lumpur and Labuan in the east.

Use magic Report

Post time 15-6-2004 12:18 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by ariyamusafir at 2004-6-14 08:19 PM:

Ya loh.:cak: Debmey why ar???? By the way, every pattern in the Malaysian flag got meaning one. There are only 14 strips representing 13 states and 1 Federal territory which consists of Labuan, ...

You people must have copied the same concept from the US falg, no wonder both look so alike.

Do you people want to show solidarity with USA or are you people simply lacking in creativity?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 15-6-2004 12:46 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 15-6-2004 00:18:

You people must have copied the same concept from the US falg, no wonder both look so alike.

Do you people want to show solidarity with USA or are you people simply lacking in crea ...

For one thing, US flag might have copied from those of British during the past, we don't know. However, Aggie had provided some links which it is better you read first before you make your inaccurate comments.

What about Singapore???? Same pattern as Indonesian flag, only add One cresent, and few stars. Cresent stand for what ar Debmey????

Use magic Report

Post time 15-6-2004 12:52 AM | Show all posts
Nope, US flag don't look anything like British flag, but Msian flag sure does look a lot like USA flag. no creativity?

As for Singapore, crescent stands for new country.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 15-6-2004 02:28 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 15-6-2004 00:52:
Nope, US flag don't look anything like British flag, but Msian flag sure does look a lot like USA flag. no creativity?

As for Singapore, crescent stands for new country.

Eh, you read or not one. The link got say something. read first lah before you open your mouth boy!

Use magic Report

Post time 15-6-2004 07:16 AM | Show all posts
Is this have something to do with iraqis flag??:lol
Or is it about "i bash your flag..and i bash yours back" ???

Use magic Report

Post time 15-6-2004 08:46 AM | Show all posts

who really has "sovereignty" in the country?

"Full Sovereignty" as granted by US to Iraq under the proposed new UN Resolution, is a sham!

ps: will continue .. dinner

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 15-6-2004 11:01 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Seraphim at 15-6-2004 07:16:
Is this have something to do with iraqis flag??:lol
Or is it about "i bash your flag..and i bash yours back" ???

Back off. Are you a traitor???? Asked yourself that. Instead of defending your country from unreasonable attacks from a foreigner (Debmey-Singapore), you collobarate with them and work in Singapore for Singapore????

Use magic Report

Post time 15-6-2004 11:10 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by ariyamusafir at 15-6-2004 11:01 PM:

Back off. Are you a traitor???? Asked yourself that. Instead of defending your country from unreasonable attacks from a foreigner (Debmey-Singapore), you collobarate with them and work in Singa ...

OK now i'm labeled as a traitor..I've been labeled with many titles from you such as Pro-Zionists,Pro-American and now traitor

Well what i want to convey is....we shouldnt be arguing each other about minor ridiculous details regarding what..flags?..And by no means bro Debmey does not represents Singapore too...

So chill off:music:

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 15-6-2004 11:13 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Seraphim at 15-6-2004 23:10:

OK now i'm labeled as a traitor..I've been labeled with many titles from you such as Pro-Zionists,Pro-American and now traitor

Well what i want to convey is....we shouldnt be arguing each  ...

Tell me, what is your profession in Singapore??? I want the truth. Then I can analyse. By the way, I did not accuse you, YET. I asked you to ask yourself.

[ Last edited by ariyamusafir on 15-6-2004 at 11:15 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 15-6-2004 11:15 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by ariyamusafir at 15-6-2004 11:13 PM:

Tell me, what is your profession in Singapore??? I want the truth.

Please i'm not into guys u know...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 15-6-2004 11:17 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Seraphim at 15-6-2004 23:15:

Please i'm not into guys u know...

What is your profession??? I want to see if you are really a traitor. Speak, now, please!

Use magic Report

Post time 15-6-2004 11:22 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by ariyamusafir at 15-6-2004 11:17 PM:

What is your profession??? I want to see if you are really a traitor. Speak, now, please!

Wow..you are one serious fella..

I wont mentioned what company i'm in but the company i worked in is involved in silicon creation for use in optical product and occasionally fiber optics..I work in the management sector...

Singapore is not the only place where i need to work..ocassionally i need to work in Japan and also South Korea...(thus i know and understand Japanese and Korean)

Happy now???

[ Last edited by Seraphim on 15-6-2004 at 11:32 PM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 16-6-2004 01:07 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Seraphim at 15-6-2004 23:22:

Wow..you are one serious fella..

I wont mentioned what company i'm in but the company i worked in is involved in silicon creation for use in optical product and occasionally fiber optics.. ...

The company is a Singapore company or a non-Singapore one. Just in case the relations become sour and you are requierd to assist Malaysian government, who will you side?????

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

20-4-2024 08:50 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 1.159855 second(s), 48 queries .