CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: Remy_3D

Mega Project: Favorite Quotation (merged with Remy+dexa)

[Copy link]
Post time 12-6-2005 08:50 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by bb_nessa at 10/6/05 03:01 PM:
saya pun ada buka thread quote tapi versi anime/manga punya, ..

boleh ke saya paste sikit2?

[url=http://forum.cari.com.my/viewthread.php?tid=158728&highlight=&page=1]Selamat Data ...

feel free...:ah:

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 13-6-2005 03:18 PM | Show all posts
"Dreams are empty but what i do have is ambition." -- Uchiha Sasuke (Naruto)

Use magic Report

Post time 13-6-2005 03:19 PM | Show all posts
"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain something of equal value must be lost. This is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange. " -- Alphonse Elric (Full Metal Alchemist)

Use magic Report

Post time 13-6-2005 04:41 PM | Show all posts
AUTHOR: Diane Ackerman

QUOTATION: I don抰 want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.
ATTRIBUTION: At age 37, looking back on two volumes of published poetry plus experiences as a teacher, cowhand and pilot, Newsweek 22 Sep 86
SUBJECTS: Communications & the Arts: Literature: Poets

Use magic Report

Post time 13-6-2005 04:42 PM | Show all posts
AUTHOR: John Ashbery
QUOTATION: I don抰 want to read what is going to slide down easily; there has to be some crunch, a certain amount of resilience.
ATTRIBUTION: London Times 23 Aug 84
BIOGRAPHY: Columbia Encyclopedia.

Use magic Report

Post time 13-6-2005 04:43 PM | Show all posts
QUOTATION: I write with experiences in mind, but I don抰 write about them, I write out of them.
ATTRIBUTION: Quoted by John Updike NY Times 17 Aug 86

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 13-6-2005 04:44 PM | Show all posts
QUOTATION: I like poems you can tack all over with a hammer and there are no hollow places.
ATTRIBUTION: London Times 23 Aug 84

[ Last edited by seribulan on 13-6-2005 at 04:49 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 14-6-2005 08:01 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by seribulan at 13-6-2005 04:43 PM:
QUOTATION: I write with experiences in mind, but I don抰 write about them, I write out of them.
ATTRIBUTION: Quoted by John Updike NY Times 17 Aug 86  ...

ff:
copy... hhehehe....

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 14-6-2005 12:28 PM | Show all posts
Ni antara quotes yang aku angkat dari buku-buku yang pernah aku baca.

1."If you would seek to find yourself
    Look not in a mirror
    For there is but a shadow there,
    A stranger..."
    – Silenius, Odes to Truth – An epigraph to Sydney Sheldon's A Stranger In the Mirror (1976).

2 . "We are all victims, Anselmo. Our destinies are decided by a cosmic roll of the dice, the winds of the stars, the vagrant breezes of fortune that blow from the windmills of the gods."
    - H.L. Dietrich, "A Final Destiny". - An epigraph to Sydney Sheldon's Windmill of The Gods (1987)

3. "Each of us must confront our own fears, must come face to face with them. How we handle our fears will determine where we go with the rest of our lives. To experience adventure or to be limited by the fear of it."
    - Tiger Eyes by Judy Blume (1982).

4. "We've found that when the technology is strong, it inspires the artists. And when the artists are strong, they challenge the technology"
    - Ed Catmull in Icon Steve Jobs : The Greatest Second Act In The History Of Business America (2005) by Jeffrey S. Young, William L. Simon.
    Page 181.

5. The history of every major galactic civilization tends to pass through 3 distincts and recognizable phases; those of Survival, Enquiry and Sophistication otherwise known as - How, Why, Where phases.
    -  Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Page  217.

Use magic Report

Post time 14-6-2005 08:05 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by bb_nessa at 14/6/05 08:01 AM:

ff:
copy... hhehehe....

free for all...:bgrin:

Use magic Report

Post time 14-6-2005 11:24 PM | Show all posts
sOmEbOdY oNcE sAiD

Use magic Report

Post time 21-6-2005 06:08 PM | Show all posts
" hope and work for better but dont expect it"
wellspring of chaos - l.e. modesitt. jr .
on how to handle dissapointment

Use magic Report

Post time 22-6-2005 07:04 AM | Show all posts
I got this when MTV DJ tells 'words of the day'

"Its not the length of life but the depth of it."

Use magic Report

Post time 22-6-2005 07:40 PM | Show all posts
AUTHOR: W H Auden
QUOTATION: Before people complain of the obscurity of modern poetry, they should first examine their consciences and ask themselves with how many people and on how many occasions they have genuinely and profoundly shared some experience with another.
ATTRIBUTION: Newsweek 17 Mar 58

Use magic Report

Post time 2-11-2006 12:53 AM | Show all posts
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Set your expectations high; find men and women whose integrity and values you respect; get their agreement on a course of action; and give them your ultimate trust. -- John Akers

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. ? Herm Albright

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.-- John Quincy Adams

I'm slowly becoming a convert to the principle that you can't motivate people to do things, you can only de-motivate them. The primary job of the manager is not to empower but to remove obstacles. -- Scott Adams

"This is like deja vu all over again." Yogi Berra

"It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

"Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
- Saint Augustine (354-430)

"The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without work."
- Emile Zola (1840-1902)

Use magic Report

Post time 2-11-2006 12:53 AM | Show all posts
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
- Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
- Galileo Galilei

"Give me a museum and I'll fill it."
- Pablo Picasso (1881-1973)

"Assassins!"
- Arturo Toscanini (1867-1957) to his orchestra

"I'll moider da bum."
- Heavyweight boxer Tony Galento, when asked what he thought of William Shakespeare

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is."
- Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems."
- Rene Descartes (1596-1650), "Discours de la Methode"

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 2-11-2006 01:11 AM | Show all posts
Quote:   I realized early on that the academy and the literary world alike -- and I don't think there really is a distinction between the two -- are always dominated by fools, knaves, charlatans and bureaucrats. And that being the case, any human being, male or female, of whatever status, who has a voice of her or his own, is not going to be liked.  
Author:   Harold Bloom British Professor, Author  

Quote:   There is but one step from the Academy to the Fad.  
Author:   Samuel Butler 1612-1680, British Poet, Satirist  

Quote:   If poetry is like an orgasm, an academic can be likened to someone who studies the passion-stains on the bedsheets.  
Author:   Irving Layton 1912-, Canadian Poet  

Quote:   A serious problem in America is the gap between academe and the mass media, which is our culture. Professors of humanities, with all their leftist fantasies, have little direct knowledge of American life and no impact whatever on public policy.  
Author:   Camille Paglia 1947-, American Author, Critic, Educator  

Quote:   Art is not to be taught in Academies. It is what one looks at, not what one listens to, that makes the artist. The real schools should be the streets.  
Author:   Oscar Wilde 1856-1900, British Author, Wit  

Quote:   In universities and intellectual circles, academics can guarantee themselves popularity -- or, which is just as satisfying, unpopularity -- by being opinionated rather than by being learned.  
Author:   A. N. Wilson

Use magic Report

Post time 2-11-2006 01:12 AM | Show all posts
Quote:   To be happy is to be able to become aware of oneself without fright.  
Author:   Walter Benjamin 1982-1940, German Critic, Philosopher  

Quote:   To see, to hear, means nothing. To recognize (or not to recognize) means everything. Between what I do recognize and what I do not recognize there stands myself. And what I do not recognize I shall continue not to recognize.  
Author:   Andre Breton 1989-1966, French Surrealist  

Quote:   The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware.  
Author:   Henry Miller 1891-1980, American Author  

Quote:   Open-mindedness should not be fostered because, as Scripture teaches, Truth is great and will prevail, nor because, as Milton suggests, Truth will always win in a free and open encounter. It should be fostered for its own sake.  
Author:   Richard Rorty 1931-, American Philosopher

Use magic Report

Post time 2-11-2006 01:15 AM | Show all posts
Quote:   Nothing so much prevents our being natural as the desire to seem so.  
Author:   Francois De La Rochefoucauld 1613-1680, French Classical Writer  

Quote:   To establish yourself in the world a person must do all they can to appear already established.  
Author:   Francois De La Rochefoucauld 1613-1680, French Classical Writer  

Quote:   The beggar is the only person in the universe not obliged to study appearance.  
Author:   Charles Lamb 1775-1834, British Essayist, Critic  

Quote:   The most common error made in matters of appearance is the belief that one should disdain the superficial and let the true beauty of one's soul shine through. If there are places on your body where this is a possibility, you are not attractive -- you are leaking.  
Author:   Fran Lebowitz 1951-, American Journalist  

Quote:   You're only has good as your last haircut.  
Author:   Susan Lee  

Quote:   Every person is responsible for his own looks after 40.  
Author:   Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865, Sixteenth President of the USA  

Quote:   The Lord prefers common looking people. That is why he made so many of them.  
Author:   Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865, Sixteenth President of the USA  

Quote:   You can lease the peace of mind You bought a mask, I put it on. You never thought to ask me If I wear it when you're gone  
Author:   Sisters Of Mercy  

Quote:   What I have to say is far more important than how long my eyelashes are.  
Author:   Alanis Morissette Canadian Singer  

Quote:   A good man often appears gauche simply because he does not take advantage of the myriad mean little chances of making himself look stylish. Preferring truth to form, he is not constantly at work upon the fatade of his appearance.  
Author:   Iris Murdoch 1919-, British Novelist, Philosopher

Use magic Report

Post time 2-11-2006 01:44 AM | Show all posts
Quote:   Be not deceived with the first appearance of things, for show is not substance.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

20-4-2024 01:55 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.078080 second(s), 45 queries .