CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 1134|Reply: 7

[Jenayah] Beware of people asking you to fill out 'survey forms'

[Copy link]
Post time 15-11-2018 02:56 PM | Show all posts |Read mode

KUALA LUMPUR: Scammers have a new tactic for finding victims – by asking people to answer "survey forms" in shopping malls, then taking them somewhere with fewer people and threatening them.
A 25-year-old graphic designer fell victim to just such a scam at a shopping mall in Bukit Bintang recently.
She said a man in his 20s named Vincent approached her and asked her to fill out a survey form. He brought her to a Japanese restaurant, where he was later joined by two other men.
"After I filled in the form, they told me that they were a part of money-laundering business and that they would give me RM20,000, if I gave them RM10,000," said Leong at a press conference at Wisma MCA on Thursday (Nov 15).
When she told them that she did not have that much money, the scammers said that she could apply for a personal loan from a money lender.
"They said I wouldn't be able to leave the mall if I didn't pay them and that they would hurt me if I told anyone," she said.
Leong borrowed money from her friend, and the scammers brought her to an ATM machine to withdraw the money.
She gave them RM5,000. Later that night and thereafter, she received calls from the extortionists who demanded the remaining sum.
Leong later lodged a police report and filed a complaint to MCA Public Services and Complaints Department head Datuk Seri Michael Chong.
At the press conference, Chong said he managed to talk to Vincent but he could not draw out more information from him.
He urged members of the public to be cautious when asked to fill out survey forms at shopping malls.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 15-11-2018 03:11 PM | Show all posts
senang jer nak selamat dari scam...  avoid stranger, jgn ada eye contact dgn stranger, bg isyarat angkat tgn tanpa eye contact terus blah.  klu gi travel lg byk jenis scam.  anytime blh kena.  gelang persahabatan la, buat tanya konon sesat jln la, offer amikkn gambar la, hadiah bunga la .. buat2 langgar bahu la..  buat2 wallet jatuh depan kita la

Use magic Report

Post time 15-11-2018 03:50 PM | Show all posts
bau ikan laa cite ni

Use magic Report

Post time 15-11-2018 07:18 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Paris paling byk scam soh isi form survey

Use magic Report

Post time 15-11-2018 07:26 PM | Show all posts
iols selalu letak info tipu2 je kalau isi survey form yang mintak nama no ic alamat etc...yang jawab2 soalan tu iols jawab bebetul la...

Use magic Report

Post time 15-11-2018 08:03 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Sorry la,  pada yg jenis tahan2 orang kat mall ke lrt station ke apa talk to my hand je lah,  I'm rushing hokayy.. Gtew.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 15-11-2018 08:06 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Info yang bagus, lain kali kalau nak jawab pun maklumat peribadi jangan buat betul2

Use magic Report

Post time 15-11-2018 08:26 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Aku takde sape hengen tahan utk disurvey sbb meols sgt rupa kedaifan.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 04:11 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.621966 second(s), 33 queries .