ADVERTISEMENT

Author: ipes2

[Buku] [THE GREAT GATSBY}: A Personal Experience

[Copy link]
Post time 11-12-2018 07:06 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by adila39 at 10-12-2018 11:08 PM
ipes2 replied at 10-12-2018 05:24 PM
iya?
hmm... i takut that if i tgk the movie, 1978 or this one, that i will be disappointed dan te ...

then dont, But it would be exciting to see from the different perspective. The plot xjauh beza..but in movie you feel more sbb u visualize dpn mata. Xpe boleh je tgk bila free on YouTube bila ada masa. Kalau xmoh ubah what has been set in ur mind pun better.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 11-12-2018 07:45 AM | Show all posts
Assalammu'alaikum n selamat sejahtera.

Pernah baca buku ni masa sekolah tp tak ingat darjah 6 ke dah naik sekolah menengah masa tu.  Buku arwah bapa.  He had a library so akak baca je buku2 yg ada situ.   Yg jadi tertarik nak baca sbb nmpk iklan kat tv pasal movie tu... ada robert redford n mia farrow.   Tp tk tgk pun movie yg keluar kat tv time tu.   I remember thinking this is so wrong, he shouldn't act that way.  Mungkin sbb tu kot tak rasa nak tgk the movies sampai ke hari ni.  I remember feeling the same vibe when I read Wuthering Heights later on like, For heaven's sake, move on already.  

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 11-12-2018 09:40 AM | Show all posts
  1. http://fortune.com/2017/08/28/great-gatsby-mansion-for-sale/
Copy the Code

The Great Gatsby house yang dlm movie tu for sale.. worth 85M. ada sapa nak beli?

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 11-12-2018 11:53 AM | Show all posts
ipes2 replied at 10-12-2018 11:51 PM
saya 7th dari 8.
the first 3 medium depa inggeris.
masa tu textbook in english kan?

Childhood ni yang bagus dari yang sekarang...make your own dart, gun, blow-pipe, shuttlecock etc

Use magic Report

Post time 11-12-2018 11:53 AM | Show all posts
38. "Their eyes met and they stared together at each other, alone in space."

39. "He snatched the book from me and replaced it hastily on its shelf, muttering that if one brick was removed the whole library was liable to collapse."

40. "I like large parties. They're so intimate. At small parties there isn't any privacy."

41. "The afternoon had made them tranquil for a while, as if to give them a deep memory for the long parting the next day promised."

42. "What was it up there in the song that seemed to be calling her back inside? What would happen now in the dim, incalculable hours?"

43. "Calmness wasn't an end in itself."

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 11-12-2018 01:08 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
up         

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 11-12-2018 01:40 PM | Show all posts
44. "Blessed are the dead that the rain falls on."

45. "He must have looked up at an unfamiliar sky through frightening leaves and shivered as he found what a grotesque thing a rose is and how raw the sunlight was upon the scarcely created grass."

46. "He looked around him wildly, as if the past were lurking here in the shadow of his house, just out of reach of his hand."

47. "Whenever you feel like criticizing any one ... just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had."

48. "You're very polite, but I belong to another generation."

49. "He smiled understandingly — much more than understandingly. It was one of those rare smiles with a quality of eternal reassurance in it, that you may come across four or five times in life. It faced — or seemed to face — the whole external world for an instant, and then concentrated on you with an irresistible prejudice in your favor. It understood you just so far as you wanted to be understood, believed in you as you would like to believe in yourself, and assured you that it had precisely the impression of you that, at your best, you hoped to convey."

50. "And as I walked on I was lonely no longer. I was a guide, a pathfinder, an original settler."

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 12-1-2019 12:24 PM | Show all posts
Bila buku ni, mesti teringat buku ni juga...

The Sun Also Rises

by Ernest Hemingway

The quintessential novel of the Lost Generation, The Sun Also Rises is one of Ernest Hemingway's masterpieces, and a classic example of his spare but powerful writing style. A poignant look at the disillusionment and angst of the post-World War I generation, the novel introduces two of Hemingway's most unforgettable characters: Jake Barnes and Lady Brett Ashley. The story follows the flamboyant Brett and the hapless Jake as they journey from the wild nightlife of 1920s Paris to the brutal bullfighting rings of Spain with a motley group of expatriates. It is an age of moral bankruptcy, spiritual dissolution, unrealized love, and vanishing illusions. First published in 1926, The Sun Also Rises helped to establish Hemingway as one of the greatest writers of the twentieth century

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 14-1-2019 02:29 AM | Show all posts
seribulan replied at 12-1-2019 12:24 PM
Bila buku ni, mesti teringat buku ni juga...

ohhh ni Ernst Hemingway punya ye?
tak tahu pulak

weken ni amat membazir
sy habiskan dgn tidur
tapi sempat la baca 1 juzuk Quran
so, kira ada guna lah

Use magic Report

Post time 28-1-2019 08:06 PM | Show all posts
ipes2 replied at 14-1-2019 01:29 AM
ohhh ni Ernst Hemingway punya ye?
tak tahu pulak

Yup. 1 lagi For whom the bell tolls.

Ps. Bagus amalan tu. Perbanyakkan

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 4-2-2019 02:53 AM | Show all posts
seribulan replied at 28-1-2019 08:06 PM
Yup. 1 lagi For whom the bell tolls.

Ps. Bagus amalan tu. Perbanyakkan

weken ini pon membazir jugak!!

Comments

Ha. Rajin-rajinlah  Post time 4-2-2019 05:32 PM

Use magic Report

Post time 6-2-2019 11:00 AM | Show all posts
Fwd- The Great Gatsby Movies 101. Gatsby has had four film adaptations, with two especially big-budget, well-known movies: the 1974 version starring Robert Redford, Mia Farrow and the 2013 film with Leonardo DiCaprio.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 11-2-2019 11:58 PM | Show all posts
seribulan replied at 6-2-2019 11:00 AM
Fwd- The Great Gatsby Movies 101. Gatsby has had four film adaptations, with two especially big-budg ...

oh dah 4 ye movies nyer?
hari tu pegi kedai buku2 lama: jumpa The Great Gatsby yg mukadepan nye sebijik mcm sy punya di mesia
tapi tak beli lah sebab dah ada beli a few years ago

ari tu cuba tgk2 Genji monogatari! tapi too heavy novel nya, kan?

Use magic Report

Post time 12-2-2019 02:57 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 12-2-2019 02:58 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 12-2-2019 03:00 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 12-2-2019 03:01 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time 8-5-2019 08:00 AM | Show all posts
noraidil_06 replied at 11-12-2018 04:48 AM
Movie always spoil the book.
X yah tgk la.
Neway i rase filem adaptasi novel yg g bagus dr novel ...

lagi satu manisnya cinta di Cappadocia... lebih bagus dari novel manisnya cinta... sbb movie pack... novel dia meleret... sdgkan sblm ni sy paling benci tgk novel yang diadaptasi slalunya movie x best... yg ni terbalik...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-5-2019 02:41 PM | Show all posts
WawaRaRa replied at 8-5-2019 08:00 AM
lagi satu manisnya cinta di Cappadocia... lebih bagus dari novel manisnya cinta... sbb movie pack. ...

hmm tak penah dgr novel tu
nnt sy google

Use magic Report

Post time 15-5-2019 01:07 PM | Show all posts
ipes2 replied at 10-5-2019 01:41 PM
hmm tak penah dgr novel tu
nnt sy google

Movie dilakonkan Fazura dan Saheizy Sam. Faz katanya buat hidung
Derang ni ada hint berkasih time movie adaptasi novel ni...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

26-4-2024 07:55 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.218579 second(s), 57 queries .