Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: ipes2

[Buku] [THE PIT AND THE PENDULUM]: Pengalaman Buruk Membacanya

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 9-1-2019 02:39 AM | Show all posts
dua_chzy replied at 6-1-2019 02:36 AM
Buku paling teruk akak pernah baca semasa kecil adalah The Old Testament dalam Bible. It made me que ...

ha ha
yg chazey baca bible buat apa
bahasa bible dah distranslate
dari asal bahasa yg maha sukar lak tu, ie old hebrew
then bila roman translate, lari byk benda
jadi, with time, makna nya berubah

jika kita translate buku indon, ''korban'' maknanya ''mangsa'', padahal rumpunnya satu je.
lama2, di masa 50thn lagi, ''korban'' dari bahasa melayu yg bermakna ''daging sembelihan / upacara sembelihan di hari raya eidul adha'' mungkin telah bermakna ''mangsa'' juga.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 9-1-2019 02:41 AM | Show all posts
Edited by ipes2 at 14-1-2019 02:02 AM
Shirley23 replied at 7-1-2019 01:52 AM
Sama macam iols zaman sekolah rendah dahulu kala. Masa tu iols tertarik dengan buku The Hunchbac ...

saya tgk movie version lama masa kecik
skarang dah 46, rasa nak tgk balik
buku nye beli.. tak baca.. juga wat muzium

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 9-1-2019 02:42 AM | Show all posts
Shirley23 replied at 7-1-2019 02:20 AM
Kalau iols memang sebolehnya elak jauh-jauh buku/film bergenre gelap seperti ni Dr. . Filem Per ...

ya.. masa tu tak tahu bukunya gitu
skarang ni tgk post mortem dan terlibat dalam op, jadi lali dah

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 9-1-2019 02:43 AM | Show all posts
chesfa replied at 8-1-2019 08:43 PM
Buku lolita by vladimir nabokov. Orang cakap it's the greatest work of 20th century, oh reallyyy {:1 ...

ha ha kotor la lolita
rajin ye membaca nya

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 9-1-2019 02:45 AM | Show all posts
KILL_NANCY replied at 8-1-2019 08:57 PM
bukalah thread kak pah oi.pung pang pung pang.buat orang kempunan je.

setuju dgn Kill
(kill dalam bahasa irish: church
eg Cill Dara = Kildare = second church
Shankill = Old Church)

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 9-1-2019 02:46 AM | Show all posts
chesfa replied at 8-1-2019 09:11 PM
Never bite off more than you can chew. Terlalu berat untuk seorang bibik sekarang

cepat la tulis oi
bokbekbokbek

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 9-1-2019 08:12 AM | Show all posts
Assalammu'alaikum n selamat sejahtera.

Laa kecik2 dah baca buku Edgar Allan Poe.   Satu je buku dia kot yg akak dah baca, The Fall of the House of Usher.  Baca 6 or7 yrs ago dlm kereta, to kill the time while waiting for anak balik sekolah.  Satu lagi his poetry The Raven.  Tp yg ni baca dlm kelas American Literature zmn tok kaduk dulu.  Tgkkan karyanya gelap2 je yek.  Depress jadinya.  Tgk muka dia pun mcm kesian je.  His death tu misteri kan?  Alahai.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 9-1-2019 09:42 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
ipes2 replied at 8-1-2019 06:43 PM
ha ha kotor la lolita
rajin ye membaca nya

See, u also think this book is dirty, kalau saya tulis pasal ni, tak ker menunjukkan fikiran saya dirty?
Btw, dr ipes dah baca ker?

I read it when I was 19, in a book club. Bila tak de duit nak berjalan, kita dok dediam baca buku

Boleh ker tulis pasal ni? Kat sini kan buku ni kena ban! They shouldn't ban this book. Apart from being immoral, unethical and such (like all good books, they tend to get under your skin ), bahasa dalam ni is out of the world, beautifully, dramatically written by a non-English writer, compared to buku2 lain yang tiru lolita ni, cerita diorang redundant

Baca lah, don't be judgemental. Read it as it is, tapi kacau juga, sebab pov I, I, I, pedo tu. Bila baca, terimagine 'I' juga

Nabokov tak salah sebab tulis buku ni, yang salah orang yang baca buku tu, tau benda tu immorally wrong, tiru juga

Masa baca tu, saya tak fikir langsung pasal pedo, ethics, moral semua, sebab tu dalam buku jer! Dah ada kontroversi, baru fikir, wow teruknyer aku dulu baca buku ni dan kena brainwash to be morally correct

Sama macam buku thriller. Author tu tulis macam-macam cara nak kerat orang semua, does that mean dia kena buat benda tu dalam kehidupan dia, to experience it first, baru dapat inspirasi dan menulis dengan baik?

Sekian, malas nak buka thread

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 9-1-2019 02:35 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
This book is too violent, too dark, a definite downer for me. I remember trying to read it a few years ago but I am happy I stopped early enough. I read Oliver Twist when I was 9 or 10 and it gives me the creep still that I have never bothered to give it a second look. So no horror/violence books and movies for me, unfortunately. But good for my heart, I must say .

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 10-1-2019 08:35 AM | Show all posts
chesfa replied at 8-1-2019 08:43 PM
Buku lolita by vladimir nabokov. Orang cakap it's the greatest work of 20th century, oh reallyyy {:1 ...

ingat lolita tu maksudnya fashion daripada Japan. rupa ada meaning lain jugak....

Use magic Report

Post time 10-1-2019 09:40 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by chesfa at 10-1-2019 01:46 AM
ipes2 replied at 8-1-2019 06:46 PM
cepat la tulis oi
bokbekbokbek

Dr ipes, ni first page pun dah banyak alliterations. Banyak laa writing styles dia dalam ni, tak jumpa lagi sebab saya pun tak banyak membaca

And the last para and line,

The following decision I make with all the legal impact and support of a signed testament: I wish this memoir to be published only when Lolita is no longer alive.

Thus, neither of us is alive when the reader opens this book. But while the blood still throbs through my writing hand, you are still as much part of blessed matter as I am, and I can still talk to you from here to Alaska. Be true to your Dick. Do not let other fellows touch you. Do not talk to strangers. I hope you will love your baby. I hope it will be a boy. That husband of yours, I hope, will always treat you well, because otherwise my specter shall come at him, like black smoke, like a demented giant, and pull him apart nerve by nerve. And do not pity C. Q. One had to choose between him and H.H., and one wanted H.H. to exist at least a couple of months longer, so as to have him make you live in the minds of later generations. I am thinking of aurochs and angels, the secret of durable pigments, prophetic sonnets, the refuge of art.Humbert Humbert narrates the novel from his prison cell, approximately five years after the events he describes. The foreword to the novel is narrated by John Ray, Jr., Ph.D. in 1955, three years after the deaths of Humbert and Lolita.

And this is the only immortality you and I may share, my Lolita.

Btw, don't trust the narrator yang pedo tu, he's unreliable. But I actually ended up seeing that Humbert was not so bad he knows how to defend himself and win the sympathy of the reader

So, in book club, we concluded, there is always something worse, that we all are just humans with flaws, with desires we cannot control or manage, we are not owners of what we are

*Life is too short to be a book snob

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 10-1-2019 09:50 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
In literature, alliteration is the conspicuous repetition of identical initial consonant sounds in successive or closely associated syllables within a group of words, even those spelled differently. As a method of linking words for effect, alliteration is also called head rhyme or initial rhyme.

Contoh:  tongue twisters

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 10-1-2019 05:35 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by chesfa at 10-1-2019 09:36 AM
chesfa replied at 10-1-2019 01:40 AM
Dr ipes, ni first page pun dah banyak alliterations. Banyak laa writing styles dia dalam ni, tak ...

@salmon-suki boleh start baca balik buku ni

Use magic Report

Post time 11-1-2019 12:24 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
chesfa replied at 10-1-2019 05:35 PM
@salmon-suki boleh start baca balik buku ni

Tak jumpa dah ebook dia..kena godek2 dlu..huwaaaaa

Use magic Report

Post time 12-1-2019 12:29 PM | Show all posts
chesfa replied at 10-1-2019 08:50 AM
Contoh:  tongue twisters

the occurrence of the same letter or sound at the beginning of adjacent or closely connected words.
[

"the alliteration of ‘sweet birds sang’"

Use magic Report

Post time 12-1-2019 12:32 PM | Show all posts
ipes2 replied at 9-1-2019 01:43 AM
ha ha kotor la lolita
rajin ye membaca nya

Pernah buat avatar yang hari tu...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 14-1-2019 02:10 AM | Show all posts
Genkidesuka replied at 9-1-2019 08:12 AM
Assalammu'alaikum n selamat sejahtera.

Laa kecik2 dah baca buku Edgar Allan Poe.   Satu je buku d ...

Waalaikumussalam Gendi
Absolutely, memang dark and gloomy

Saya tak baca the raven tu
tapi paham melalui The Simpsons je

The Fall of The House of Usher to selalu dengar tapi tak ada masa untuk baca pulak
saya bahagi masa untuk baca seerah RSAW jugak sebenarnya dan some translation of quran

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-1-2019 02:17 AM | Show all posts
chesfa replied at 9-1-2019 09:42 AM
See, u also think this book is dirty, kalau saya tulis pasal ni, tak ker menunjukkan fikiran saya  ...

sy tengok movie dia je
itu pon dah cukup

eh tulis lah and bukak a Thread pasal short summary of lolita tu
dalam bod ini, ianya boleh diterima sebab untek sastera dan books

by the way, i like your commentary on it
do open a Thread about that book

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-1-2019 02:20 AM | Show all posts
Rumpshaker replied at 9-1-2019 02:35 PM
This book is too violent, too dark, a definite downer for me. I remember trying to read it a few yea ...

yes i agree with you
all doom and creepily slowly gloomy
semua nya menghilangkan nikmat, membuat rasa gerun dan takut
you share my views

i baca Oliver Twist i tgk play
ye, also a negative sort of movie / play / book for me
i baca Huckelberry Finn instead and it was tremendously fulfilling

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-1-2019 02:24 AM | Show all posts
chesfa replied at 10-1-2019 09:40 AM
Dr ipes, ni first page pun dah banyak alliterations. Banyak laa writing styles dia dalam ni, tak ...

''...fire of my loins ''
''My sin''
Need i say more.

Oh, ada signed statement ye?
So that, in real live, Lolita was released and published as a book, only after she died lah?
Wow! How dramatic is that!!

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

25-4-2024 06:30 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.070173 second(s), 47 queries .