Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to list New
Author: KILL_NANCY

[Falsafah] [SYV 001] Perspektif Genocide

[Copy link]
Post time 23-2-2019 12:42 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
KILL_NANCY replied at 14-2-2019 01:19 PM
sukacita dimaklumkan thread ini bukan menjurus pada holokus sahaja.

Holokus pun akak X faham apa ....adehhh

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 23-2-2019 12:44 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
KILL_NANCY replied at 15-2-2019 12:10 PM
genocide tu satu term spesifik pada penghapusan etnik, pembunuhan rawak dan sebagainya.

holocau ...

Eiiiii. ..pening akak. .......

Use magic Report

Post time 23-2-2019 12:45 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
chesfa replied at 22-2-2019 10:10 PM
Bagi orang genius dengan IQ seberat 150 bunga, orang Arab tu apa?

Jadi. ..akak mmg bukan spesis genius. ....ermmm....lebih baik akak buat kuiz saja. ....

Use magic Report

Post time 23-2-2019 05:42 PM | Show all posts
'Treated like cattle': Angelina Jolie takes aim at Myanmar over Rohingya plight

Hollywood star meets refugees in Bangladesh’s Cox’s Bazar district where 740,000 Rohingya have fled since August 2017

Wed 6 Feb 2019

Angelina Jolie speaks at Cox’s Bazar in southern Bangladesh before visiting a nearby Rohingya refugee camp.

Angelina Jolie has shared the stories of rape survivors during a visit to Rohingya refugee camps and said the responsibility to let them return “lies squarely with the government and the authorities in Myanmar”.

The envoy for the UN refugee agency said Myanmar must “show genuine commitment” to end violence that has driven hundreds of thousands of Rohingya Muslims into neighbouring Bangladesh.

The Hollywood star made the comments on the second day of emotional meetings with Rohingya in Bangladesh’s Cox’s Bazar district where 740,000 Rohingya have taken refuge since August 2017.

Footage shows 'prison-like units' built for Rohingya on Bangladesh island
Read more
There were already about 300,000 in camps before the exodus, which has strained Bangladesh’s resources to the limit.

The visit came ahead of a new UN appeal to raise nearly a billion dollars for the one million Rohingya now in the camps around the town of Cox’s Bazar.

“It was deeply upsetting to meet the families who have only known persecution and statelessness their whole lives, who speak of being ‘treated like cattle’,” Jolie told reporters.

“The Rohingya families I have met are no different from other refugees in one crucial respect: they want to be able to return home,” she said.

The latest wave of refugees arrived after a military clampdown in Myanmar’s Rakhine state.

Jolie said the refugees should return home “only when they feel safe enough to do so voluntarily and they know that their rights will be respected”.

Children watch Angelina Jolie after her visit to the Kutupalong camp for Rohingya refugees.
Children watch Angelina Jolie after her visit to the Kutupalong camp for Rohingya refugees. Photograph: KM Asad/ZUMA Wire/REX/Shutterstock
“I met a woman yesterday, a survivor of rape in Myanmar, and she told me, ‘You would have to shoot me where I stand before I go back without my rights’,” the 43-year-old said. “The responsibility to ensure those rights and make it possible for the Rohingya people to return to Rakhine state lies squarely with the government and the authorities in Myanmar,” she added.

She called for an end to violence in Rakhine, which UN officials have compared to genocide, and demanded action against the perpetrators. “I urge the Myanmar authorities to show the genuine commitment needed to end the cycle of violence and displacement and improve the conditions for all communities in Rakhine state,” she said.

Jolie has previously met displaced Rohingya while in Myanmar in July 2015 and in India in 2006.

She will conclude her visit on Wednesday by meeting Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, foreign minister AK Abdul Momen, and other senior officials in Dhaka, a UN statement said.

The talks will focus on how the UN’s refugee agency can help Bangladesh’s efforts for the Rohingya and “sustainable solutions” to settle the persecuted minority, the statement added.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 23-2-2019 05:46 PM | Show all posts
Uyghur refugee tells of death and fear inside China's Xinjiang campsBy Ivan Watson and Ben Westcott, CNN

Updated 9:48 AM EST, Mon January 21, 2019

Washington (CNN)The children's eyes light up when their mother pulls out a photo of her triplets taken shortly after their birth in 2015.
"Moez!" three-year old Moez says, pointing at the infant version of himself.
"Elina!" says his sister Elina.
But when it comes to the third baby in the photograph, the siblings become confused.
When they grow older, their mother Mihrigul Tursun says, she will tell her children about their missing brother Mohaned.
"I will tell them everything," Tursun says. "I will tell them the Chinese government killed their brother."
Tursun with her two surviving children, Moez (left) and Elina (right).
Tursun says she and her son are victims of Beijing's growing crackdown on Muslim majority Uyghurs in China's far western Xinjiang region, where a US State Department official says at least 800,000 and possibly up to two million people may have been detained in huge "re-education centers."
The Urumqi Children's Hospital in Xinjiang, where Tursun says her son died, didn't respond to CNN's requests for comment meaning CNN is unable to independently confirm her claims.
On Monday, China's Foreign Ministry vehemently refuted Tursun's allegations, describing her story as a "compete lie, told with ulterior motives."
Speaking at a regular daily press briefing, Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying denied that Turson had been formally imprisoned or detained in a "vocational training center" -- the government's term for what critics allege are internment camps -- while living in China.
Tursun was detained by local police for 20 days in 2017 for "inciting ethnic hatred and discrimination," according to Hua, and other than that she had traveled freely outside China. Hua also disputed Turson's claim that her son, Mohaned, had died while in hospital in Xinjiang calling it "totally false," suggesting the boy was sent to Turkey to live with relatives by Tursun.
CNN had previously reached out to multiple government agencies for comment, including the Foreign Ministry, who were contacted twice for comment on Thursday and once on Friday in writing before publication. CNN also contacted the Foreign Ministry, via phone, Friday.
But Tursun's story of detention and torture -- which she also delivered in full to the US Congressional-Executive Commission on China in 2018 -- fits a growing pattern of evidence emerging about the systematic repression of religious and ethnic minority groups carried out by the Chinese government in Xinjiang.
'Cultural genocide': How China is tearing Uyghur families apart in Xinjiang

'Open-air prison'
China's actions in Xinjiang have been fiercely condemned by countries around the world, including in the United States, where lawmakers introduced draft legislation calledthe Uyghur Human Rights Policy Act on Thursday.
"Credible reports found that family members of Uyghurs living outside of China had gone missing inside China, that Chinese authorities were pressuring those outside the country to return, and that individuals were being arbitrarily detained in large numbers," lawmakers wrote.
Chinese ambassador threatens retaliation over possible US Uyghur sanctions

According to the US State Department, Chinese authorities have indefinitely detained at least 800,000 Uyghur, ethnic Kazakhs and other Muslim minorities since April 2017.
"The pervasive surveillance in place across Xinjiang today has been frequently described as an 'open-air prison,'" Assistant Secretary of State Scott Busby said on December 4th while testifying before Congress.
Beijing has had a long and fractious history with Xinjiang, a massive, nominally autonomous region in the far west of the country that is home to a relatively small population of around 22 million in a nation of 1.4 billion people.
The predominately Muslim Uyghurs, who are ethnically distinct from the country's majority ethnic group, the Han Chinese, form the majority in Xinjiang, where they account for just under half of the total population.
Uyghurs have likened China's campaign against their people to a form of "cultural genocide," with former internment camp detainees describing forced lessons in Communist Party propaganda and region-wide bans on Uyghur culture and traditions.
China has repeatedly denied it is imprisoning or re-educating Uyghurs in Xinjiang, instead saying that it is undertaking voluntary vocational training as part of an anti-extremism program.
"The local Chinese government is taking these preventative counter-terrorism and de-extremization measures to protect more people from being devoured by terrorism and extremism," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying said last month
In early January, Chinese authorities took some foreign diplomats and journalists on a carefully supervised tour of some of the "vocational education centers."
Detainees were seen taking language courses in standard Mandarin Chinese, painting, performing ethnic dances and even singing the song, "If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands," according to a Reuters report.
"All of us found that we have something wrong with ourselves and luckily enough the Communist Party and the government offer this kind of school to us for free," one Uyghur inmate told journalists during the tour.

'Where is my baby?'
When Mihrigul Tursun touched down in Urumqi, Xinjiang, to see her parents on March 13, 2015, she didn't know it was the beginning of three years of pain and loss.
Tursun had grown up in Xinjiang, but like many young Uyghurs moved overseas for employment opportunities. She was flying with her eight-week old triplets from Egypt where she had been living and working. Upon arrival at Urumqi airport, she claims Chinese officials began to ask her questions.
"They start to ask me, what you take from Egypt? Who (do) you know in Egypt? How many Uyghurs do you know?" Tursun says.
It was at this point, Tursun claims, that she was detained and her three children taken from her by officials.
CNN contacted multiple Chinese ministries and institutions mentioned by Tursun, including the Xinjiang Prisons Administration Bureau and Urumqi Police, for comment on her story before publication, but none responded.
After she was released from detention three months later, doctors told her that her son Mohaned had passed away in the local Urumqi Children's Hospital.
All a doctor told her about Mohaned's death was that he had died at some point after an operation. He was less than a year old.
One of Tursun's few pictures of her three triplets together before Mohaned died in 2015.

Tursun says she was never given any reason why her children were admitted to hospital. When she questioned why her children had matching scars at the base of their necks, she was told intravenous drips had been necessary to give them nutrition.
Even then Tursun says the Chinese authorities didn't leave her alone. She says her passport was confiscated, forcing her to remain inside China.
In April 2017, while in her parents' home county of Qarqan, 1,184 kilometers (735 miles) away from Urumqi, she says she was taken away from her two remaining children and placed in detention by Chinese authorities.
China admits to locking up Uyghurs, but defends Xinjiang crackdown

After she was taken into the Xinjiang center, Tursun says police placed her in an overcrowded cell with more than 50 other women. Many of them, she recognized from her hometown.
"I see someone is my doctor, someone is my (middle) school teacher. Some are neighbors. Some studied with me (in the) same school," Tursun says, a single tear running down her cheek. Tursun says the inmates ranged in age from 17 to 62.
The room was so crowded that the women had to take turns sleeping in shifts and standing. During her time in the centers, Tursun claims she saw nine of the detainees die due to hostile conditions.
One woman, a 62-year-old named Gulsahan, had spent at least six months in the center, says Tursun. "Her legs and her face were swollen and there were rashes," Tursun recalls. One day Gulsahan didn't wake up.
"Police tell us 'make her wake up.' When we touch her hand she is cold," Tursun says.
According to Tursun, another casualty was a 23-year-old a mother of two, named Padegun, who had spent thirteen months in prison.
For two months, says Tursun, Padegun suffered from non-stop menstrual bleeding. One night, at around 4 a.m., Tursun says Padegun collapsed during a shift when she was among the prisoners standing.
"We all screamed and then police said don't anyone touch her. (Then) they dragged her by her feet," says Tursun.

I don't remember my parents' voices
Tursun's eyewitness accounts are a long distance from the happy, almost utopian image of the camps Beijing has attempted to paint in its official propaganda.
In footage from inside the camps broadcast on Chinese state-run TV in 2018, Uyghur inmates were shown attentively sitting in classes learning standard Mandarin Chinese, and being taught skills such as sewing.
But many Uyghurs whose relatives are believed to have disappeared into this detention system call the idea it is a voluntary vocational training system absurd.
"My mom (Gulnar Telet) is a mathematics teacher. She graduated from university. She's fluent in Mandarin. I don't know what kind of skill or education she needs," 21-year-old Arfat Aeriken says. "It's just an excuse."
Aerikan has been stranded in the US and forced to drop out of college since his parents disappeared in Xinjiang.
Aeriken grew up in Xinjiang but moved to the US to get a university education overseas in 2015. Gradually, his parents stopped calling or messaging him until all communication ceased some time in 2017.
"My parents didn't want to 'get disappeared' so they didn't text me too often," he says. "It was very apparent that having contact with someone outside of China is dangerous."
He said he only finally learned that both his parents had been detained from a family friend who fled to Kazakhstan last August.
In September, Aeriken posted a desperate plea on YouTube, begging the US government and the United Nations to take notice.

"I don't remember when was the last time I heard my parents' voice," he says in the video. "I ask the United States government, United Nations and all other foreign governments to take immediate action to stop this brutal attempted ethnic cleansing."
Afraid to communicate with anyone in Xinjiang, he says he has no information about who may be caring for his 10-year-old younger brother.
Aeriken said his mother Gulnar and father Erkin both had careers and didn't require vocational education.
Aeriken has been granted asylum in the US. But with no tuition money coming from his parents he has been forced to drop out of college.
He isn't alone. There is an untold number of other international students from Xinjiang similarly stranded in the US, according to Sean Roberts, a professor of development studies at George Washington University and expert in Uyghur language and culture.
"They're terrified. They don't know what to do. They don't necessarily want to declare asylum in the US because that reflects badly on their family," says Roberts. "But they've also gotten messages from the region that they shouldn't come back because they'll definitely be put in one of these internment camps."

'When my country is free'
It wasn't until 2018 that Mihrigul Tursun and her children finally escaped China.
She said diplomats from the Egyptian Embassy in Beijing intervened to help secure her release from prison and reunite her with her Egyptian-born children. In April, she finally left for Cairo.
Today, she and her children live in a two bedroom apartment in Virginia, on the East Coast of the United States, where they are working through the US asylum process.
The adjustment has not been easy.
Tursun said she will tell her children when they're old enough that the Chinese government "killed their brother"
Her son Moez suffers chronic asthma attacks, that have landed the family in the emergency room twice in recent months.
But without health insurance, Tursun says she cannot afford to take her son to a pediatrician. Meanwhile, she says for the last month her parents' phones have gone silent.
Asked whether she think she'll ever see her parents again, she says "only when my country is free."
"Then maybe I can see them."
This story has been updated to include comment from the Chinese Foreign Ministry.
CNN's Rebecca Wright contributed to this article

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 23-2-2019 06:27 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
noor2 replied at 23-2-2019 04:45 AM
Jadi. ..akak mmg bukan spesis genius. ....ermmm....lebih baik akak buat kuiz saja. ....

Alamakkkkk kak noor. Bukan itu maksud saya waaaa. Perspektif, pandangan kita lain2, pendapat akak tak sama dengan pendapat saya, itu lah tujuan TT buka thread ni, nak kita berkongsi pendapat

Bab info2 bagi TT yang share, kita bagi pendapat dari sudut pandangan kita yang simple ni

Kak noor bagi pendapat kak noor pleaseee

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 23-2-2019 06:50 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
chesfa replied at 23-2-2019 06:27 PM
Alamakkkkk kak noor. Bukan itu maksud saya waaaa. Perspektif, pandangan kita lain2, pendapat akak  ...

Hehe. ..ala akak gurau jela. ...saja akak x letak emot gelak kat post tu..... ..hihi ...

Use magic Report

Post time 23-2-2019 07:00 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Alamakkkkk kak noor. Bukan itu maksud saya waaaa. Perspektif, pandangan kita lain2, pendapat akak  ...

Dik chesfaaaaaaaa. ....demi Allah akak pun gurau. ....adehhh. ..sikit pun akak tak terasa apa dik chesfa tulis sebab sebelum tu akak dan kill dah menyembang pasal thread yang kill bukak. ...mmg thread dia berat ..informative dan dia nampak sangat educated. ...

Alaaaaa ...minta maaf kalau kata2 kak noor tu dik chesfa ingat akak terasa. ...X langsung. ....jgn risau

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 23-2-2019 07:02 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts

Sebelum dik kill nk buka thread ni pun dia ada tanya pendapat akak. ..hehe..

Haaa kan.akak dah spam 3 kali posting kat dik chesfa. ..hihi

Use magic Report

Post time 28-2-2019 01:33 PM | Show all posts
How do you define genocide?
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-11108059

Image caption                                    At what point does a mass killing or forced movement become genocide?

Genocide is understood by most to be the gravest crime against humanity it is possible to commit.
It is the mass extermination of a whole group of people, an attempt to wipe them out of existence.
But at the heart of this simple idea is a complicated tangle of legal definitions.
So what is genocide and when can that term be applied?

UN definition
The term was coined in 1943 by the Jewish-Polish lawyer Raphael Lemkin who combined the Greek word "genos" (race or tribe) with the Latin word "cide" (to kill).
After witnessing the horrors of the Holocaust, in which every member of his family except his brother was killed, Dr Lemkin campaigned to have genocide recognised as a crime under international law.
His efforts gave way to the adoption of the UN Convention on Genocide in December 1948, which came into effect in January 1951.
Article Two of the convention defines genocide as "any of the following acts committed with the intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnic, racial or religious group, as such":
  • Killing members of the group
  • Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group
  • Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part
  • Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group
  • Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group
The convention also imposes a general duty on states that are signatories to "prevent and to punish" genocide.
Since its adoption, the UN treaty has come under fire from different sides, mostly by people frustrated with the difficulty of applying it to specific cases.
                                                                                                             Image copyright                 Getty Images                                                                    Image caption                                    Ethnic Tutsi and moderate Hutus were targeted in the Rwandan genocide                                                They argue that the definition is too narrow. Others say the term is devalued by misuse.
Some analysts contend that the definition is so narrow that none of the mass killings perpetrated since the treaty's adoption would fall under it.
The objections most frequently raised against the treaty include:
  • The convention excludes targeted political and social groups
  • The definition is limited to direct acts against people, and excludes acts against the environment which sustains them or their cultural distinctiveness
  • Proving intention beyond reasonable doubt is extremely difficult
  • UN member states are hesitant to single out other members or intervene, as was the case in Rwanda
  • There is no body of international law to clarify the parameters of the convention (though this is changing as UN war crimes tribunals issue indictments)
  • The difficulty of defining or measuring "in part", and establishing how many deaths equal genocide
But in spite of these criticisms, there are many who say genocide is recognisable.
In his book Rwanda and Genocide in the 20th Century, former secretary-general of Medecins Sans Frontieres, Alain Destexhe, says: "Genocide is distinguishable from all other crimes by the motivation behind it.
"Genocide is a crime on a different scale to all other crimes against humanity and implies an intention to completely exterminate the chosen group.
"Genocide is therefore both the gravest and greatest of the crimes against humanity."

Loss of meaning
But Mr Destexhe believes the word genocide has fallen victim to "a sort of verbal inflation, in much the same way as happened with the word fascist".
He says the term has progressively lost its initial meaning and is becoming "dangerously commonplace".
Michael Ignatieff, director of the Carr Centre for Human Rights Policy at Harvard University, agrees.
                                                                                                             Image copyright                 Getty Images                                                                    Image caption                                    Some experts say the slave trade did not constitute genocide and warn the term is being misused                                                "Those who should use the word genocide never let it slip their mouths. Those who unfortunately do use it, banalise it into a validation of every kind of victimhood," he said in a lecture about Raphael Lemkin.
"Slavery, for example, is called genocide when - whatever it was, and it was an infamy - it was a system to exploit, rather than to exterminate the living."
The differences over how genocide should be defined have also led to disagreements on how many genocides actually occurred during the 20th Century.

History of genocide
Some say there was only one genocide in the last century: the Holocaust.
However, others say there have been at least three genocides under the 1948 UN convention:
  • The mass killing of Armenians by Ottoman Turks between 1915-1920, an accusation that the Turks deny
  • The Holocaust, during which more than six million Jews were killed
  • Rwanda, where an estimated 800,000 Tutsis and moderate Hutus died in the 1994 genocide
In Bosnia, the 1995 massacre at Srebrenica has been ruled to be genocide by the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY).
And others give a long list of what they consider cases of genocide, including the Soviet man-made famine of Ukraine (1932-33), the Indonesian invasion of East Timor (1975), and the Khmer Rouge killings in Cambodia in the 1970s.
The International Criminal Court in 2010 issued an arrest warrant for the President of Sudan, Omar al-Bashir, on genocide charges.
                                                                                                             Image copyright                 AFP                                                                    Image caption                                    More than 7,000 Muslim men were killed at Srebrenica in 1995                                                He is accused of waging a campaign against the citizens of the Sudanese region of Darfur.
Some 300,000 people are said to have died and millions have been displaced in seven years of fighting there.
More recently, in March 2016, the US said so-called Islamic State (IS) was carrying out genocide against Christian, Yazidi and Shia minorities in Iraq and Syria.
IS, or Daesh, was "genocidal by self-proclamation, by ideology and by actions, in what it says, what it believes and what it does," Secretary of State John Kerry said.
The jihadist group seized large swathes of territory in Syria and Iraq in 2014, and has since become notorious for its brutality against perceived opponents.

Legal precedent?
The first case to put into practice the convention on genocide was that of Jean Paul Akayesu, the Hutu mayor of the Rwandan town of Taba at the time of the killings.
In a landmark ruling, a special international tribunal convicted him of genocide and crimes against humanity on 2 September 1998.
More than 30 ringleaders of the Rwandan genocide have now been convicted by the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda.
In August 2010 a leaked UN report reportedly alleges that Rwandan Hutus, perpetrators of the 1994 genocide, may themselves have been victims of the same crime.
In 2004, the ICTY widened the definition of what constitutes genocide.
                                                                                                              Image caption                                    Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic remains on trial at the Hague                                                General Radislav Krstic, the first man convicted by the ICTY of genocide in Bosnia, had appealed against his conviction for his role in the killing of more than 7,000 Muslim men and boys in Srebrenica.
But the court rejected his argument that the numbers were "too insignificant" to be genocide - a decision likely to set an international legal precedent.
Since then a Bosnian Serb military commander has been cleared of being involved in Srebrenica.
It remains to be seen whether cases still pending will aid clarity on what is and what is not genocide.

The Bosnian Serb leader Radovan Karadzic is currently on trial at The Hague accused of war crimes and genocide. He denies the charges.

President Bashir continues to travel outside Sudan, to countries who are signatories to the International Criminal Court, without being detained as ordered by the arrest warrant.

If his case is ever brought to trial it will be the first time that genocide charges are brought against a serving head of state.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 28-2-2019 01:34 PM | Show all posts
Never again, and againCan the world stop genocide?
As the UN convention against genocide turns 70, its failures are tragically apparent

Print edition | InternationalDec 8th 2018 | COX’S BAZAR, GENEVA AND YANGON

SQUATTING ON a UN refugee agency mat, clutching her listless two-year-old, Setera Bibi tells her story. Last year, at 4am on August 25th, the 23-year-old was awoken by gunfire. Fifty soldiers were rampaging through her village in north-east Rakhine state, in the west of Myanmar. Entering her house, they grabbed her husband. Four hours later he was returned, his beaten and bloated body wrapped in his own longyi. He had been tortured to death.

She buried him as the village burned. Scooping up her two daughters and her mother, she, along with hundreds of others, fled for the Bangladeshi border. Two days into her flight she had to cross a swollen river, a daughter in each hand. Her terrified youngest, just a baby, wriggled free and was swept away, never to be found. Ms Bibi’s party were chased by soldiers. Several were shot. Her less mobile mother fell behind. Soldiers beat her with their rifle butts, breaking her back.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 28-2-2019 01:36 PM | Show all posts

Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide

Approved and proposed for signature and ratification or accession by General Assembly resolution 260 A (III) of 9 December 1948
Entry into force: 12 January 1951, in accordance with article XIII

The Contracting Parties ,

Having considered the declaration made by the General Assembly of the United Nations in its resolution 96 (I) dated 11 December 1946 that genocide is a crime under international law, contrary to the spirit and aims of the United Nations and condemned by the civilized world,

Recognizing that at all periods of history genocide has inflicted great losses on humanity, and

Being convinced that, in order to liberate mankind from such an odious scourge, international co-operation is required,

Hereby agree as hereinafter provided :

Article I

The Contracting Parties confirm that genocide, whether committed in time of peace or in time of war, is a crime under international law which they undertake to prevent and to punish.

Article II

In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

(a) Killing members of the group;

(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;

(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;

(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;

(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

Article III

The following acts shall be punishable:

(a) Genocide;

(b) Conspiracy to commit genocide;

(c) Direct and public incitement to commit genocide;

(d) Attempt to commit genocide;

(e) Complicity in genocide.

Article IV

Persons committing genocide or any of the other acts enumerated in article III shall be punished, whether they are constitutionally responsible rulers, public officials or private individuals.

Article V

The Contracting Parties undertake to enact, in accordance with their respective Constitutions, the necessary legislation to give effect to the provisions of the present Convention, and, in particular, to provide effective penalties for persons guilty of genocide or any of the other acts enumerated in article III.

Article VI

Persons charged with genocide or any of the other acts enumerated in article III shall be tried by a competent tribunal of the State in the territory of which the act was committed, or by such international penal tribunal as may have jurisdiction with respect to those Contracting Parties which shall have accepted its jurisdiction.

Article VII

Genocide and the other acts enumerated in article III shall not be considered as political crimes for the purpose of extradition.

The Contracting Parties pledge themselves in such cases to grant extradition in accordance with their laws and treaties in force.

Article VIII

Any Contracting Party may call upon the competent organs of the United Nations to take such action under the Charter of the United Nations as they consider appropriate for the prevention and suppression of acts of genocide or any of the other acts enumerated in article III.

Article IX

Disputes between the Contracting Parties relating to the interpretation, application or fulfilment of the present Convention, including those relating to the responsibility of a State for genocide or for any of the other acts enumerated in article III, shall be submitted to the International Court of Justice at the request of any of the parties to the dispute.

Article X

The present Convention, of which the Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish texts are equally authentic, shall bear the date of 9 December 1948.

Article XI

The present Convention shall be open until 31 December 1949 for signature on behalf of any Member of the United Nations and of any non-member State to which an invitation to sign has been addressed by the General Assembly.

The present Convention shall be ratified, and the instruments of ratification shall be deposited with the Secretary-General of the United Nations.

After 1 January 1950, the present Convention may be acceded to on behalf of any Member of the United Nations and of any non-member State which has received an invitation as aforesaid.

Instruments of accession shall be deposited with the Secretary-General of the United Nations.

Article XII

Any Contracting Party may at any time, by notification addressed to the Secretary-General of the United Nations, extend the application of the present Convention to all or any of the territories for the conduct of whose foreign relations that Contracting Party is responsible.

Article XIII

On the day when the first twenty instruments of ratification or accession have been deposited, the Secretary-General shall draw up a procès-verbal and transmit a copy thereof to each Member of the United Nations and to each of the non-member States contemplated in article XI.

The present Convention shall come into force on the ninetieth day following the date of deposit of the twentieth instrument of ratification or accession.

Any ratification or accession effected subsequent to the latter date shall become effective on the ninetieth day following the deposit of the instrument of ratification or accession.

Article XIV

The present Convention shall remain in effect for a period of ten years as from the date of its coming into force.

It shall thereafter remain in force for successive periods of five years for such Contracting Parties as have not denounced it at least six months before the expiration of the current period.

Denunciation shall be effected by a written notification addressed to the Secretary-General of the United Nations.

Article XV

If, as a result of denunciations, the number of Parties to the present Convention should become less than sixteen, the Convention shall cease to be in force as from the date on which the last of these denunciations shall become effective.

Article XVI

A request for the revision of the present Convention may be made at any time by any Contracting Party by means of a notification in writing addressed to the Secretary-General.

The General Assembly shall decide upon the steps, if any, to be taken in respect of such request.

Article XVII

The Secretary-General of the United Nations shall notify all Members of the United Nations and the non-member States contemplated in article XI of the following:

(a) Signatures, ratifications and accessions received in accordance with article XI;

(b) Notifications received in accordance with article XII;

(c) The date upon which the present Convention comes into force in accordance with article XIII;

(d) Denunciations received in accordance with article XIV;

(e) The abrogation of the Convention in accordance with article XV;

(f) Notifications received in accordance with article XVI.

Article XVIII

The original of the present Convention shall be deposited in the archives of the United Nations.

A certified copy of the Convention shall be transmitted to each Member of the United Nations and to each of the non-member States contemplated in article XI.

Article XIX

The present Convention shall be registered by the Secretary-General of the United Nations on the date of its coming into force.

https://www.ohchr.org/en/profess ... rimeofgenocide.aspx

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 1-3-2019 11:12 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
adakah situasi di Palestin,Syria,Myanmar dan China sekarang ini ada sangkutan dgn holocoust?

Use magic Report

Post time 11-10-2019 11:19 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Huyo macam pelik je

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

28-3-2024 11:38 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.078762 second(s), 45 queries .