CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 3081|Reply: 1

[Lain-Lain] Human Trafficking (Mira Sorvino & Donald Sutherland)

[Copy link]
Post time 16-2-2019 05:43 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by manjalara_01 at 16-2-2019 05:51 PM

https://humantraffickingstudy.wordpress.com/2011/06/20/film-in-review-human-trafficking-tv-2005/
The 2005 made for TV movie,Human Trafficking – featuring Mira Sorvino (now a United Nations good will ambassador for human trafficking, she appeared in the BBC World Debate on human trafficking last fall) and Donald Sutherland – is a fictional story that follows three young women who become involved in an international sex trafficking ring lead by one Sergei Karpovich.  In New York City, ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) agents – including Chief Bill Meehan (Sutherland) and Kate Morozov (Sorvino) – work to oust the trafficking ring.  While the story itself is fictionalized, the themes and much of the experiences of the people involved are very real.

Taking the “Hollywood” fabrication aspect into consideration – one of the main reasons films such as this cannot be used as primary sources – the film still offers a visual depiction into how devastating is the world of human trafficking.
After watching this film, which I highly recommend or I wouldn’t have bothered to feature it, I wonder how many Helenas and Nadias and Annies are out there?  How many of them have a father who was in the Russian military and can track his daughter across the globe to rescue her?  How many of them have Mira Sorvino to fight for them?  How many of them have a movie ending, where they at least get some mention in their death or at best are rescued?

After you take out the Hollywood in a story like this, you catch a glimpse of how vast is the criminal network behind today’s human trafficking network.
I would say that it’s worse than any of use can imagine.

P/S: manja buka thread ni for a reminder as well as to spread awareness about this issue for all of us.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 19-2-2019 09:09 AM | Show all posts
Terkojot den ingat mira sorvino kluar dengan movie baru... lama giler tak berlakun...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

20-4-2024 04:22 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.057636 second(s), 27 queries .