Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: dauswq

[2020] 92nd Academy Awards (OSCAR 2020) - 10 Feb 2020, 9.00 am Isnin

[Copy link]
Post time 30-5-2019 07:33 AM | Show all posts
nak tunggu

telluride festival
Toronto Internarional film festival (TIFF)
Venice Filem Festival
New York Film Festival

lepas tu baru aku buat ramalam siapa yang akan lock untuk Oscar..

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 30-5-2019 07:35 AM | Show all posts
Rhyno replied at 30-5-2019 04:16 AM
rasa mcm 5 org ni dah 90% akan tercalon kat Oscar utk kategori Best Leading Actor.

1. Robert Den ...

The Irisman  Neflix yang akan jadi pengeluar...so far belum ada tarikh rasmi bila filem ni akan di tayangkan..

so far Netflix rahsiakan tarikh tarikh filem mereka yang untuk Oscar material...

nak tunggu juga bila akan keluar tarikh tarikh filem keluaran netflix

Use magic Report

Post time 30-5-2019 12:37 PM | Show all posts
mat_arof replied at 30-5-2019 07:35 AM
The Irisman  Neflix yang akan jadi pengeluar...so far belum ada tarikh rasmi bila filem ni akan di ...

aku teruja nak tgk filem biopic lakonan Tom Hanks tu. mcm ada peluang dia akan menang Oscar lagi.

by the way mat arop, pm aku ko baca tak? respon pls....heheheh

Use magic Report

Post time 30-5-2019 03:55 PM | Show all posts
Rhyno replied at 30-5-2019 12:37 PM
aku teruja nak tgk filem biopic lakonan Tom Hanks tu. mcm ada peluang dia akan menang Oscar lagi.  ...

mlm nanti aku baca pm ko..

x sempat skrg ni..

lepas berbuka aku baca pm ko

Use magic Report

Post time 6-6-2019 02:02 AM | Show all posts

rasanya Christian Bale dan Matt Damon LOCKED utk Oscar.

Use magic Report

Post time 1-9-2019 05:29 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
‘Joker’ Gets Eight-Minute Standing Ovation at Venice Premiere

The premiere of “Joker” at the Venice Film Festival drew an eight-minute standing ovation Saturday night for actor Joaquin Phoenix, director Todd Phillips and the gripping but harrowing origin story they’ve mapped out for Batman’s arch-villain.

Phoenix and Phillips were joined in the Sala Grande by Zazie Beetz, who also stars in the film as Phoenix’s character’s neighbor. Robert De Niro, who plays a talk-show host, did not make the trek to the Lido.

Buzz in Venice had been growing steadily around the Warner Bros. movie, from the time of its unveiling last month as part of the lineup to the climax of the two press screenings and red-carpet premiere Saturday. Both press screenings were packed, with the second one also drawing loud applause at the end and cheers when Phoenix’s name appeared in the closing credits.

The film is part of the DC Comics universe but stands alone as an origin story and does not include any appearances by Batman or other caped crusaders. It opens in the U.S. on Oct. 4.

Phoenix’s performance as Arthur Fleck, a sad sack and mentally troubled man who transforms into an icon of violent nihilism, is already generating awards talk. He said earlier Saturday that previous essays of the role – such as Heath Ledger’s Oscar-winning turn in “The Dark Knight” a decade ago – did not influence him.

“I didn’t refer to any past iteration of the character,” Phoenix said. “It just felt like something that was our creation in some ways.”

Venice artistic director Alberto Barbera has stoked the awards buzz, saying that “Joker” is headed “straight to the Oscars.”

Variety film critic Owen Glieberman also praised the film, writing, “Joaquin Phoenix is astonishing as a mentally ill geek who becomes the killer-clown Jokerin Todd Phillips’ neo-‘Taxi Driver’ knockout: the rare comic-book movie that expresses what’s happening in the real world.”

After Venice, “Joker” heads to Toronto for another festival bow.

Source: Variety.com

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 2-9-2019 04:42 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
cyclops_psycho replied at 1-9-2019 05:29 PM

The premiere of “Joker” at the  ...

Joaquin Phoenix banyak kalo kena snub. Thn lepas/ 2 thn lepas dia menang best actor cannes utk wtk pembunuh psiko tp as usual academy tak pandang pun.

Hopefully wtk joker ni  cukup utk melayakkannya.

Use magic Report

Post time 3-9-2019 05:11 PM | Show all posts
cyclops_psycho replied at 1-9-2019 05:29 PM

The premiere of “Joker” at the  ...

october kan release...
ni mmmg akak tunggu
tgk trailer pon sooo oscar material...
ho yeahhhhhh

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 8-9-2019 08:43 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
https://www.buzzpop.tv/joker-golden-lion/

Filem jocker menang golden lion. Mungkinkah Joaque Phoenix akn dpt Best Actor nanti?

Use magic Report

Post time 8-9-2019 05:04 PM | Show all posts
berdasarkan reviews, calon2 terkuat utk Best Actor kt Oscar thn dpn -

1. Joaquin Phoenix - Joker
2. Leonardo Dicaprio - Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
3. Anthony Hopkins - Two Popes
4. Christian Bale - Ford VS. Ferrari
5. Tom Hanks - A New Day in the Neighbourhood

Use magic Report

Post time 8-9-2019 05:06 PM | Show all posts
untuk Best Actress, Renee Zellweger dan Saoirse Ronan mungkin dah LOCKED utk Oscar.

Use magic Report

Post time 8-9-2019 06:22 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
dauswq replied at 8-9-2019 08:43 AM
https://www.buzzpop.tv/joker-golden-lion/

Filem jocker menang golden lion. Mungkinkah Joaque Phoe ...

I pray for him! Overdue giler mamat ni.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-9-2019 10:47 PM | Show all posts
Edited by dauswq at 8-9-2019 10:49 PM
cyclops_psycho replied at 8-9-2019 06:22 PM
I pray for him! Overdue giler mamat ni.

yes overdue sgt
teringat abg dia, river phoenix tercalon oscar masih muda lagi & talented sgt, pastu mati overdose..
at least kemenangan dia tapau sekali kemenangan abangnya yg juga tertangguh..

Use magic Report

Post time 10-9-2019 12:50 AM | Show all posts
nampak mcm Joaquin the no.1 contender utk Best Actor kt Oscar.  

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-9-2019 02:33 AM | Show all posts
Rhyno replied at 10-9-2019 12:50 AM
nampak mcm Joaquin the no.1 contender utk Best Actor kt Oscar.

best actress - Alfre Woodard bakal bersaing kuat dgn saoirse ronan (Little Women),  Scarlett Johansson  (Marriage Story)  & Renee Zellweger (Judy)

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-9-2019 07:12 PM | Show all posts
Edited by dauswq at 13-9-2019 07:18 PM

Does Jennifer Lopez Have a Path to an Oscar for ‘Hustlers’?

The 50-year-old actress is earning career-best reviews for playing a stripper turned criminal mastermind. Can the role result in her first Oscar nomination?

Sept. 12, 2019

TORONTO — Oscar voters, let me hear you make some noise: Are you ready for the one, the only, Jennifer Loooopez to take the stage?

Many a highly hyped awards campaign has been launched from the Toronto International Film Festival, but with this year’s edition, which wraps up on Sunday, all anyone can talk about is whether J. Lo’s ferociously entertaining role as a stripper who runs a credit-card crime ring in “Hustlers” can earn the 50-year-old star her first Academy Award nomination. And if you’re a fan of hers, there are plenty of reasons to be bullish.

For one, Lopez is earning some of the best reviews of her career for “Hustlers,” which premiered in Toronto this week in advance of its wide release in theaters on Friday. In the fact-based film, written and directed by Lorene Scafaria, Lopez plays Ramona, a veteran stripper who takes some of the club’s new dancers under her wing and starts coaxing them toward a life of crime. Introduced with a stunning striptease to Fiona Apple’s “Criminal,” Ramona gathers her bills and coos, “Doesn’t money make you horny?” to our protagonist, Destiny (Constance Wu), who gazes back at Ramona as if she’s looking at God.

It’s the juiciest role Lopez has had in two decades, and one as complicated as her own star persona: Ramona is soft but steely, a careerist yet a caretaker, maternal but forever young. It would be easy to make her the film’s adversary, but “Hustlers” doesn’t quite do that: Ramona bails her girls out of trouble just as often as she leads them into it, and though she’s utterly shameless, she’s still motivated by a sincere desire to make things better for her fellow dancers. It’s as if Gina Gershon from “Showgirls” believed in Shine Theory.

At the film’s after-party in Toronto, Scafaria told me that Lopez was always her No. 1 pick to play Ramona. “I think people forget what an incredible actress she is and what chops she has just because she’s a triple threat and a brand,” Scafaria said. “They forget what Jennifer is capable of in a close-up, and that she can play someone complex and dangerous.”

So will “Hustlers” serve as a reminder? And will Oscar voters be willing to think of the film, and Lopez’s performance in it, as something more than just a mainstream entertainment?

I’m optimistic. It hasn’t yet been decided whether Lopez will campaign as a lead or a supporting actress, but since she’s second-billed after Wu, the latter category seems like a better bet. Certainly, Lopez would be this season’s flashiest supporting-actress contender,: other viable nominees include Laura Dern in “Marriage Story,” Margot Robbie in “Once Upon a Time … in Hollywood,” and whoever pops in Greta Gerwig’s “Little Women.”

I suspect critics’ groups could get behind Lopez, too, especially the influential New York Film Critics Circle, which has a habit of rewarding stars the rest of the cognoscenti might be tempted to dismiss, like Cameron Diaz (for “There’s Something About Mary”) and Tiffany Haddish (for “Girls Trip”).

Still, Lopez’s bid is not without potential pitfalls. The academy gravitates toward male-driven crime films, but when women are pulling off the cons — as in last year’s crackerjack “Widows” — the movies don’t always get the attention they deserve. The strip-club milieu of “Hustlers” may also be a turnoff to certain voters: Matthew McConaughey was similarly deserving for his wild-eyed supporting role in 2012’s “Magic Mike,” but the academy declined to stuff his G-string.

Award campaigns can be a monthslong endurance test, and while the busy Lopez will certainly book her fair share of actress roundtables, she may not have time for the Q&As and handshakes that are often required for a first-timer trying to break into the Oscar race. It’s rumored that she’s in negotiations to headline the halftime show of the 2020 Super Bowl, which takes place a week before the Oscars and may complicate her schedule even further.

Lopez at the premiere of “Hustlers” at the Toronto International Film Festival.CreditGeoff Robins/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images

That gig might also dissuade academy members who may feel that Lopez already has it all. When it comes to an Oscar, voters want nominees to need it just the right amount, the kind of absurd, playacting transaction that Ramona would surely raise an eyebrow at. If a crucial part of Lopez’s mystique is how she flaunts her hard-won success, academy members may sniff that she’s not doing much acting in “Hustlers.”

They’d be wrong. “The part of her that was a single mom from the Bronx, I get,” Lopez told me at the film’s after-party. “The part of her that was a nurturer, a hard worker, a survivor — I get. But the part of her that crosses the line and says, ‘I love you, but I love the money more’? That was something else.”

For as confident as Ramona might appear, it took everything Lopez had to summon up the courage to play her. “Where she’s willing to go, that was hard for me to even watch myself onscreen doing,” she said. Lopez recalled a moment at the premiere when the audience gasped at Ramona’s nerve: “Even I felt like that, and it was me looking at me!” She smiled. “But it didn’t feel like me. It felt like I was looking at somebody else.”

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 13-9-2019 11:21 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
‘Judy’ Standing Ovation at TIFF Leaves Renee Zellweger in Tears and Oscar Buzz Soaring

After surprising audiences at the Telluride Film Festival, Rupert Goold’s biographical drama “Judy” exploded onto the scene at the Toronto International Film Festival with a three-minute standing ovation for star Renée Zellweger after the movie’s screening. The rapturous applause for Zellweger left the actress in tears. If the “Judy” premiere at Telluride signaled Oscar buzz for Zellweger, then the “Judy” screening at TIFF was a full blown confirmation that the actress is a favorite to land her fourth Oscar nomination. Zellweger was nominated for Best Actress with “Bridget Jones’s Diary” and “Chicago” and won the Best Supporting Actress trophy for “Cold Mountain.”

“Judy, ” an adaptation of Peter Quilter’s musical “End of the Rainbow,” stars Zellweger as famed actress and singer Judy Garland during the final months of her life as she is forced to put on a five-week, sold-out concert run at London’s Talk of the Town. IndieWire’s awards expert Anne Thompson wrote out of Telluride that Zellweger’s “moving portrait of Garland on the ropes could land her a movie comeback and a fourth Oscar nomination,” but the TIFF response was even more enthusiastic. Variety’s Janelle Riley wrote on social media that in her 15 years at TIFF she had “never seen a standing ovation like the one for Renee Zellweger at ‘Judy.'”

Buzzfeed senior film reporter Adam B. Vary wrote that Zellweger is “stunning, stunning, stunning” as Garland. “I’m a wreck,” he added. “She is incredible. No hyperbole is possible.” Joey Nolfi of Entertainment Weekly chimed in about the film’s TIFF reaction by writing, “Everyone is fucking crying and ‘Judy’ is a soaring, emotional wallop of a comeback for its star.”

“Renee Zellweger is genuinely astonishing in ‘Judy,'” wrote amNewYork editor in chief Robert Levin. “The movie is built around her and she is the reason to see it. It’s cliched to say that you forget you’re not really watching Judy Garland on screen, but it’s true.”

Use magic Report

Post time 15-9-2019 07:53 PM | Show all posts
fuyooo can't wait utk oscar.. sbb taon ni ramai yg bakal layak untuk menang, dan taon ni pun banyak cerita best2 sebenarnya.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-9-2019 04:46 PM | Show all posts
tahun ni scarlett johansons konfem locked utk best actress..

dua filem dia dpt review postif merata, malah Jojo Rabbit tak disangka menang people choice award kt toronto film festival...

tp aku syak marriage story yg akn bg dia best actress nominations..

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-9-2019 04:50 PM | Show all posts
TIFF 2019 Scarlett: Top two Toronto People’s Choices go to films starring Ms. Johansson               

This could be a taste of what's to come in the upcoming Oscars season.        

Author:                     John M. Urbancich                                    
                                    Published:                                                             11:07 AM EDT September 16, 2019                                            
                                    Updated:                                                     11:07 AM EDT September 16, 2019                                       

TORONTO, ON — Scarlett Johansson yesterday became queen of the 44th annual Toronto International Film Festival.
Well, not really, but she might as well have been since her two latest movies finished one-two in voting for the festival’s annual Grolsch People’s Choice competition.

“JoJo Rabbit,” the often audacious and well-promoted “anti-hate satire” from New Zealand wunderkind Taika Waititi, captured the coveted award -- and you probably know what that means. The win now puts this somewhat silly “Rabbit,” released in the U.S. by Fox Searchlight Pictures, into serious awards consideration, since 11 of the last 12 People’s Choices have gone on to earn Best Picture Oscar nominations.

Last year, TIFF honoree “Green Book” won the top Academy Award, joining six other “People’s” movies to turn the same trick, including two others from Fox Searchlight, “Slumdog Millionaire” and “12 Years a Slave.”
TIFF viewers also embraced “Marriage Story,” voting the film that’s written and directed by Noah Baumbach into the first runner-up spot. Johansson, Adam Driver, Laura Dern and Alan Alda are all already winning praise for their portrayals and critics, at least so far, seem more universally positive about this “Story” than they are for “JoJo.”

Regardless, as we do every year, here are some personal choices:
Favorite film: It says here that the voters got it somewhat right by putting Bong Joon-ho’s “Parasite” into the second runner-up position. The deliciously dark comedy/thriller (and Cannes Palme d’Or winner) is the only one of 33 TIFF films I saw this year that came close to blowing me away.

A convincing trio: “The Two Popes,” another Netflix hopeful, which dissects the positively joyous encounter between the last two pontiffs of the Roman Catholic Church; “Pain and Glory,” Pedro Almodovar’s observations on staying creative while growing old; and the ever-riveting, head-spinning “Uncut Gems,” a genuine New York thrill ride from Josh and Benny Safdie.
          Some other good ones: “Anne at 13,000 ft,” “The Aeronauts,” “Bad Education,” “Deerskin,” “Dolemite is My Name,” “Ford v Ferrari,” “Honey Boy,” “Knives Out,” “Motherless Brooklyn,”  and “Western Stars” (the Springsteen concert doc).

Wish I’d seen ‘em: Of course, “Marriage Story,” along with People’s Choice documentary winner, “The Cave,” and two well-buzzed courtroom dramas, “Waves” and “Just Mercy.”
Sorry I did: “The Laundromat,” director Steven Soderbergh’s dreadfully dull diatribe on the history of the world’s frazzled finances. Such talents as Banderas, Gary Oldman and even Meryl Streep talk to the camera to no avail.

Actors’ accolades: Since viewing the first trailer from “Joker” months ago, I’ve been telling anyone who might listen that Joaquin Phoenix would be THE Oscar-winner for “Joker.” Though I was shut out of two press screenings here, I remain sure he’ll be nominated for a role that already won gold for both Jack Nicholson and the late Heath Ledger.

However, Jonathan Pryce is so impressive as the current Pope Francis (before and after his ascension) in “The Two Popes” I now have a sneaking suspicion the gifted Welshman will win it all. Some other possibilities from TIFF:  Adam Sandler (“Uncut Gems”), Antonio Banderas (“Pain and Glory”), Eddie Murphy (“Dolemite”) and Edward Norton (“Motherless Brooklyn”).

Actress attention: First and foremost, Renee Zellweger in “Judy” (as in Garland), Felicity Jones, (“The Aeronauts), Penelope Cruz (“Pain and Glory”), Gugu Mbatha-Raw (“Motherless Brooklyn”), Annette Bening (“The Report”), and Catherine Denueve (“The Truth”).

Double dippers: Driver (“Marriage Story” and “The Report”), LaKeith Stanfield (“Knives Out” and “Uncut Gems”), Marisa Tomei (“Frankie” and “Human Capital”), three-timer Zazie Beetz (“Joker,” Lucy in the Sky” and (“Seberg”), and talented youngster Noah Jupe (“Ford v Ferrari” and “Honey Boy”).

That’s another wrap for and from TIFF. Please check out tiff.net for a complete list of festival winners and more information on all movies mentioned above.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

24-4-2024 12:02 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.086865 second(s), 42 queries .