CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: bianglala

[Pelbagai] Quotables @ Bookshelf

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 26-4-2019 12:22 AM | Show all posts
“Even if your heart is broken and attacking you, you’re still not better off without it.”

RAINBOW ROWELL, LANDLINE

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 26-4-2019 12:23 AM | Show all posts
“Time is the longest distance between two places.”

TAMARA IRELAND STONE, TIME BETWEEN US

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-4-2019 12:23 AM | Show all posts
“But fear lets us know we’re alive. It tells me that you care about what happens between us because the mind doesn’t waste time being scared about things that don’t matter.”

CORA CARMACK, FAKING IT

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 26-4-2019 09:39 AM | Show all posts
Let the wild rumpus start!

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-5-2019 09:12 AM | Show all posts
“It was weird the way you could be friends with someone but not really know the ugly parts of their lives. We all had our secrets, I supposed.”

LIZ CZUKAS, ASK AGAIN LATER

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-5-2019 09:13 AM | Show all posts
“This is why people cry at the movies: because everybody’s doomed. No one in a movie can help themselves in any way. Their fate has already staked its claim on them from the moment they appear onscreen.”

JOHN DARNIELLE, WOLF IN WHITE VAN

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 10-5-2019 09:13 AM | Show all posts
“If you keep looking, you will find it. It has nothing to do with luck, and everything to do with courage. Be brave.”

JAMIE CHRISTIAN DESPLACES, DUTCH

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-5-2019 09:14 AM | Show all posts
“It’s never been a perfect world. It’s never going to be. It’s going to be hard and scary, and if you’re lucky, wonderful and awe-inspiring. But you have to push through the bad parts to get to the good.”

CARRIE RYAN, THE DEAD-TOSSED WAVES

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 10-5-2019 09:14 AM | Show all posts
“Find a woman who makes you feel more alive. She won’t make life perfect but she’ll make it infinitely more interesting. And then love her with all that’s in you.”

GAYLE ROPER, SHADOWS ON THE SAND

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-5-2019 09:15 AM | Show all posts
“Sometimes you’ve got to be able to listen to yourself and be okay with no one else understanding.”

CHRISTOPHER BARZAK, ONE FOR SORROW

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-5-2019 09:16 AM | Show all posts
“I’m a very ordinary human being; I just happen to like reading books.”

HARUKI MURAKAMI, 1Q84

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-5-2019 09:17 AM | Show all posts
“The times you lived through, the people you shared those times with — nothing brings it all to life like an old mix tape. It does a better job of storing up memories than actual brain tissue can do. Every mix tape tells a story. Put them together, and they can add up to the story of a life.”

ROB SHEFFIELD, LOVE IS A MIX TAPE

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-5-2019 09:17 AM | Show all posts
“People would come and people would go, I realized then, but music would be there until the end of time.”

LEN VLAHOS, THE SCAR BOYS

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-5-2019 09:18 AM | Show all posts
“Some ideas are not born of logic and good sense. They are made of clouds and cobwebs. They sprout from nowhere and feed on excitement, sprinkled with adventure juice and the sweet flavor of the forbidden. The psyche moves from the realms of the ordinary and takes a delicate step towards the unknown. We know we shouldn’t and that is exactly why we do.”

BRIGID LOWRY, GUITAR HIGHWAY ROSE

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-5-2019 09:18 AM | Show all posts
“Maybe it explains the reason why one person likes another. It’s because their souls both thrum at the same frequency.”

MARY AMATO, GUITAR NOTES

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-5-2019 09:19 AM | Show all posts
“History, like love, is so apt to surround her heroes with an atmosphere of imaginary brightness.”

JAMES FENIMORE COOPER, THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 10-5-2019 09:20 AM | Show all posts
“Maybe your country is only a place you make up in your own mind. Something you dream about and sing about. Maybe it’s not a place on the map at all, but just a story full of people you meet and places you visit, full of books and films you’ve been to. I’m not afraid of being homesick and having no language to live in. I don’t have to be like anyone else. I’m walking on the wall and nobody can stop me.”

HUGO HAMILTON, THE SPECKLED PEOPLE: A MEMOIR OF A HALF-IRISH CHILDHOOD

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-5-2019 09:21 AM | Show all posts
“You love people. They disappoint you. But sometimes, they don’t. They just keep loving you, right through it all, waiting for you to wake up and appreciate them. To say, “I love you. I’ve always loved you back.”

COURTNEY MAUM, I AM HAVING SO MUCH FUN HERE WITHOUT YOU

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 10-5-2019 09:21 AM | Show all posts
“Maturity…is knowing what your limitations are…Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything.”

KURT VONNEGUT, CAT’S CRADLE

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 10-5-2019 11:15 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
“The Way Get Started Is To Quit Talking And Begin Doing.” – Walt Disney

Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong. - Ella Fitzgerald

My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style - Maya Angelo

Make the most of yourself….for that is all there is of you. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Keep your face always toward the sunshine—and shadows will fall behind you.” —Walt Whitman

“It is always the simple that produces the marvelous.” —Amelia Barr

“The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.” —Bertrand Russell

“Let us make our future now, and let us make our dreams tomorrow’s reality.” —Malala Yousafzai

"All you need is the plan, the road map, and the courage to press on to your destination.” —Earl Nightingale

“The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money.” —Thomas Jefferson

"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.” —E. E. Cummings

“The power of imagination makes us infinite.” —John Muir

“Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.” —Maya Angelou

“I believe that if one always looked at the skies, one would end up with wings.” —Gustave Flaubert

“I dwell in possibility.” —Emily Dickinson

“Light tomorrow with today.” —Elizabeth Barrett Browning

“I arise full of eagerness and energy, knowing well what achievement lies ahead of me.” —Zane Grey

Don’t wait for opportunity. Create it. - unknown

Sometimes we’re tested not to show our weaknesses, but to discover our strengths - unknown

The key to success is to focus on goals, not obstacles - unknown

Dream it. Believe it. Build it - unknown

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Comments

quotes from books pleasee :)  Post time 10-5-2019 12:31 PM

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

26-4-2024 08:25 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.169486 second(s), 44 queries .