CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 839|Reply: 2

[Books & Magazine] Swollen Feet - Causes and Treatments

[Copy link]
Post time 15-6-2019 06:07 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Running injuries are common due to the nature of the sport. Running consists of repetitive impact on your body, mostly affecting your feet, ankles, knees, legs and hips. If you think of running as a chain of events in the body, every time the foot contacts the ground the forces and mechanics follow the chain from the feet up to the legs then up to the spine. Every step this cycle is repeated and if any link of this chain is out of place, injuries can occur.If you are a runner, you should take a few necessary steps to avoid injuries. Before running, warm-up. Your warm-up should consist of an activity that will raise your heart rate a bit and warm the muscles. This may include something such as a quick walk, slow jog, cycling or skipping. The latest studies on stretching before running indicate that it makes little difference to preventing running injuries. However, if you are inflexible, you may be more prone to injury. Stretching before running won't change your flexibility for that particular run, but a long-term stretching program may help with flexibility.

You also need to choose good footwear. Make sure they are designed for running and are not worn out. It's not a good idea to wear a shoe that someone else has worn. Shoes will adapt to the foot in such a way that could affect how it fits someone else. Think about your foot type when fitting shoes as well. For example as a general rule of thumb, if you have high arches and an inflexible foot, more cushion is needed. If you have a flexible and pronated foot, you need more stability in the shoe. Heavier runners also need more stable shoes than lighter runners.

Another preventative measure would be cross training. Take some time to do non-running exercise activities such as swimming or cycling. This is beneficial not only because they have less impact on your joints, but they also help strengthen muscles you may not use while running. This can reduce your risk of running injuries by creating better muscle balance and giving your running muscles a well-deserved rest.

If you are finding you are continuously getting running injuries, make an appointment with your doctor. If there is a biomechanical abnormality in the feet, injury will continue until it is corrected. Foot orthotic devices will probably be prescribed to help improve your mechanics, provide some pain relief, and keep you running without injuries.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 13-5-2021 04:17 AM | Show all posts
Investing in qualitative footwear is a must for me. I've learned my lesson already

Use magic Report

Post time 13-5-2021 05:55 PM | Show all posts
Footwear is important. You might pay some money, but at least it'll keep your feet beautiful and painless. I talked with a girl who sells feet pics on https://twitter.com/feetwonder, and she told me the best way to keep them beautiful is to moisture them twice a day. Buy an expensive cream, and also, you can add olive oil. It will also help with the pain. I hope my advice will help. It's not easy being a runner. I know this from my cousin. He'd always have swollen feet.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

19-4-2024 02:47 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.223178 second(s), 29 queries .