CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 1195|Reply: 5

[Tempatan] I won’t quit DPM post until Anwar takes over, says Wan Azizah.

[Copy link]
Post time 19-6-2019 04:25 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
I won’t quit DPM post until Anwar takes over, says Wan AzizahFMT Reporters -

June 18, 2019 2:34 PM

PKR president Anwar Ibrahim and his wife, Deputy Prime Minister Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail.

KUALA LUMPUR: Deputy Prime Minister Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail today rejected calls for her to give up her post, saying her position was already agreed upon by Pakatan Harapan (PH).

“The issue does not arise. We have already promised that Dr Mahathir Mohamad would be the prime minister and I would be the deputy prime minister,” she was quoted as saying by Bernama during a cybersecurity conference here.

She was responding to a call from Selangor PPBM treasurer Mohd Shaid Rosli, who urged her to quit her Cabinet post before the promised handover of power to her husband Anwar Ibrahim takes place.

PH, the coalition made up of PKR, PPBM, DAP and Amanah, had said that Mahathir would be an interim prime minister before handing over the post to Anwar.

Mahathir has said he needs between two and two-and-half years before retiring.

Wan Azizah previously said she would remain as the deputy prime minister despite Anwar clearing his legal hurdles for re-entry into active politics.

The former PKR president today reiterated that she would only give up her post when her husband is ready to take over.

“So when Anwar becomes PM, I will step down, there is no issue,” she added.

This follows calls for Mahathir to set a clear time frame to hand over the premiership.

https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2019/06/18/i-wont-quit-dpm-post-until-anwar-takes-over-says-wan-azizah/

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 19-6-2019 04:28 AM | Show all posts
Let the existing agreement stand! All these questions are being raised in order to create uncertainty and mistrust. Anyone can say what they want, that’s freedom, and people are able to express their views and opinions... but unless the leaders of the PH parties are convinced and agreed on any change to the plan, it will make no difference.

Use magic Report

Post time 19-6-2019 06:03 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Yakin nya kamu, hebat nya kamu

Use magic Report

Post time 19-6-2019 06:07 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Takda fungsi apa2 pun.

Use magic Report

Post time 19-6-2019 07:18 AM | Show all posts
orang yang difitnah Tun bakal menjadi PM..

Use magic Report

Post time 19-6-2019 07:57 AM | Show all posts
dia takut letak jawatan tiba2 kutty lantik azzmin jadi dpm
lagi la melepas kerabat anuwart

Use magic Report

Follow Us
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

23-4-2024 04:33 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.194212 second(s), 35 queries .