CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 1067|Reply: 5

[IT & Technology] What are some unique phrases and idiomatic expressions used by the British?

[Copy link]
Post time 7-7-2019 08:21 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
What are some unique phrases and idiomatic expressions used by the British?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 8-7-2019 04:21 PM | Show all posts
British slang is a niche of its own, evolving and transforming and adapting from city to city and from year to year, just as the English language itself has done. While American slang has become nearly universal with the influx of TV shows, films, and other media filling the screens of a significant majority of the media-viewing global population, there is so much more available once you dig beneath the surface of British slang terms and can discover some real gems beneath the surface.

1. Mate

‘Mate’ – one of the commonly used terms of endearment and affection in British slang terms. Used when you are talking to a close friend, and is often easily substituted for the American ‘buddy’, ‘pal’, or ‘dude’.

Use magic Report

Post time 8-7-2019 04:23 PM | Show all posts
Hello,
As a translator I would recommend this resource https://www.smartcat.ai/blog/100 ... ock-your-socks-off/ for some British slang words and expressions. I have found it very helpful and now try to apply to it as often as it possible

Use magic Report

Post time 8-7-2019 05:30 PM | Show all posts
Thanks for your sharing. Hope you can contribute more quality posts to this page run 3

Use magic Report

Post time 12-11-2019 03:34 PM | Show all posts
Everybody hurts sometimes
Everybody hurts someday,
But everything gon' be alright... dinosaur game

Use magic Report

Post time 8-4-2020 07:12 PM | Show all posts
Out of the blue is one of the common idioms that Britishers use. Thanks for recommending this topic. I have been very busy lately with composing music and making beats using the GarageBand app. Garageband is like my own music studio. Check out My work

Use magic Report

Follow Us
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

16-4-2024 11:58 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.064881 second(s), 32 queries .