CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 19306|Reply: 134

[Tempatan] Family sembilan orang. Guna empat air-cond. Bil TNB cuma RM100 sebulan

[Copy link]
Post time 11-12-2019 12:05 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
Here’s how a family of nine with four air-conds, spends only RM100 for electricity
10 Dec 2019 / 12:44 H.

KUALA LUMPUR: Only about RM100 — this is the monthly electricity bill of a nine-member household here that has four air conditioners installed in their house.

The house belongs to my colleague Adira, and I asked her how she manages to keep her bill so low.

Adira, who lives in a double-storey house with her husband, six children and mother-in-law, puts it down to her family’s proactive power utilisation approach.

However, they only deliberately started saving energy about four months ago and prior to that their electricity bill would come to between RM200 and RM300 a month.

“We used to be careless earlier and wasted electricity. Then I realised something needs to be done to reduce the wastage and make some savings,“ she told me.

Adira did not resort to using any energy-saving device. She and her family merely changed their attitude towards electricity and embarked on using the energy resource more efficiently.

She surfed Tenaga Nasional Bhd’s (TNB) website to dig out information and tips on saving power and kept reminding her children to switch off the lights or unplug any electrical gadget that was not being used.

Her family was also advised to use their air conditioners economically by not setting them at too low temperatures. As for the washing machine, they were asked to make sure that it is working at full capacity each time they use it.

“After observing these measures, our power bill showed a sharp decrease, from RM280 to RM100!” said a jubilant Adira.

My colleague told me she not only “nagged” her children into practising power-saving measures but also pasted signs on power points and electrical appliances to remind them to “switch off”.

“I would also conduct surprise checks to see if my children are doing what they have been told to do. In the beginning, they grumbled saying that I was too stingy but they followed my orders after I promised to take them out for a meal if we managed to save electricity,“ she said.

Adira’s energy-saving measures are nothing new. From young, whether at home or at school, we have all been told to switch off the light or fan when we leave a room. Or turn off the computer, instead of putting it on sleep mode.

Yes, we know about these things but it is frustrating to note that not many people actually practice these good habits.

A RM100 saving on the electricity bill may not seem much to other people but to my colleague, who has a big family to look after, it is a substantial amount which she can use to purchase necessities.

Another thing that caught my attention was the fact that Adira did not use any energy-saving device (ESD), which is widely available in the market. The ESD, it is claimed, enables households to make savings of up to 30 percent in their electricity bills.

In fact, not long ago, the Energy Commission said in a statement that studies conducted on ESDs found not much difference in the meter reading and that no accredited bodies have proven that such devices can save energy.

I remember reading a news report about one Shamsulhairi Mohd Yasin, 38, who resorted to using the wire bypass technique to lower his power bill. This technique, however, is illegal and he was eventually slapped with a RM9,000 fine by TNB.

According to the report, TNB enforcement officers inspected Shamsulhairi’s house after his electricity bills “plunged suddenly”.

He appealed to TNB to lower the fine, but to no avail. “It’s purely my fault. I wanted to save electricity but used the wrong method,“ he was quoted as saying.

After Shamsulhairi’s issue came to light, I spoke to a TNB officer about the matter and he informed me of the tendency of some electrical contractors to offer to do the wire bypass technique for their customers, which is against the law as it amounts to stealing electricity.

This illegal method involves tampering with the wire to bypass the electricity meter. When the meter is bypassed, it will not be able to measure the units of power consumption in the house.

So, don’t fall for it when your electrical contractor tells you that you can slash your electricity bill via certain “adjustments” to the meter. You can reduce your bill by practising energy-saving measures, like what my colleague Adira did. It is up to you whether you want to do it or not. — Bernama

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 11-12-2019 12:21 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
i pun selalu buat langkah penjimatan mcm Adira tu.. utk rumah 5 org, aircond 3, bulan2 i byr dlmm rm70-80jer.. jimat sbb mostly xde org di rumah time siang hari..

Use magic Report

Post time 11-12-2019 12:28 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Ekon bilik tok ni running 24 jam.. Aku dah habis idea nak cuba kurangkan penggunaan elektrik.. Kesian kat makcik anak tok ni byr.. Aku cuba tips ni pulak start esk

Use magic Report

Post time 11-12-2019 12:43 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Really?? Aku punya bil, running 1 ekon.. before Nov 2015, bil bawah RM80. After Nov 2015 wajib at least RM120.
Routine penggunaan sama.. 8hours ekon, siang tak de orang. Cuma peti ais je running 24hrs.. puas dah tangggal plug yg tak pakai dr soket. Still sama..
Tak de tambah2 any appliances..

Use magic Report

Post time 11-12-2019 01:12 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
sarah82 replied at 11-12-2019 12:28 AM
Ekon bilik tok ni running 24 jam.. Aku dah habis idea nak cuba kurangkan penggunaan elektrik.. Kesia ...

Ada alat apa tu harga RM400 pasang Kat soket bil turun 50%
Satu lagi ilmu turun bil letrik..orgonite tapi kena cekup dengan Freemason

Use magic Report

Post time 11-12-2019 01:13 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
KIM.K replied at 11-12-2019 01:12 AM
Ada alat apa tu harga RM400 pasang Kat soket bil turun 50%
Satu lagi ilmu turun bil letrik..orgo ...

Rasa yg tu x boleh.. Pernah baca kat mana entah bila tnb check.. Terus kena byr lagi double.. Naya...

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 11-12-2019 01:21 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Bil condo iols average RM280. Entahla knape bnyak.

Use magic Report

Post time 11-12-2019 02:32 AM | Show all posts
sarah82 replied at 11-12-2019 01:13 AM
Rasa yg tu x boleh.. Pernah baca kat mana entah bila tnb check.. Terus kena byr lagi double.. Naya ...

jiran aku dah kena.
Orang tnb nampak 'benda' tu xcakap banyak trus hulur surat cinta.
Seboleh2 jiran aku xngaku bukan die punya. ada jiran pedajal die, katanya.
Gila! sape nak pedajal die. Aku sendiri pun xprasan 'benda' tu kat luar umah die.
Kunun2 nak berjimat elektrik tapi terkena bayar lebih lak.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 11-12-2019 02:46 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
ezacbee replied at 11-12-2019 02:32 AM
jiran aku dah kena.
Orang tnb nampak 'benda' tu xcakap banyak trus hulur surat cinta.
Seboleh2 ...

Tu la.. Tak sanggup aku nak bayar lebih semata2 nak jimat

Use magic Report

Post time 11-12-2019 06:37 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Mana2 alat elektrik yg running 24 hrs charge lebih kurang RM30 sebulan each. My house total bill average RM180 sebulan.....yang 24 hours usage ada 2 fridge+water dispenser + kipas 2 = RM30x5=RM150. Balance RM30 for TV+ WM + lampu + charge gadgets. Pukul 1am to 7am TNB charge higher... so try avoid guna electricity time ni.

Use magic Report

Post time 11-12-2019 06:48 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
bil rmh aku dkt rm200 sebulan pdhl duduk 3org jer

Use magic Report

Post time 11-12-2019 07:16 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Dh buat mcm ni tp bil lebih rm200 sebulan.. rmh kecik je pun.. ntah la

Use magic Report

Post time 11-12-2019 07:19 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Palahotak dia
Aircond pasang biasa2 baik xyah pasang
Org psg aircond nak sejuk
Wpun i menyampah winter sejuk ketar
Tapi kt msia panas gila mesti pasang paling sejuk

Bil umah i rm300 paling kurang
Aircond siang malam

Akuarium lagi
Bilik kucing lagi

Xleh nak jimat mana lah

Propa je ppuan ni

Use magic Report

Post time 11-12-2019 07:37 AM | Show all posts
aku pon duk 3 org je.
tapi mmg running a/c dari 8pm to next day 8am camtu utk 3 bilik.

bil kadang 350 +, susah nak dpt bawah 280 skrg.

Use magic Report

Post time 11-12-2019 08:17 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
clarizsa replied at 10-12-2019 11:19 PM
Palahotak dia
Aircond pasang biasa2 baik xyah pasang
Org psg aircond nak sejuk

Tp betul apa dia kata tu..

X affect apa pon bab temperature tu..

Bukan sejuk kedi pon..

Ruang x besar, temp x perlu low akan tetap sejuk juga..

Dia ni x byk electrical items yg memerlukan 24 hours usage agaknya..

So she could practice easily..

Use magic Report

Post time 11-12-2019 08:19 AM | Show all posts
xpkai ekon pun bil aku xstabil

Aug-19        1        224        51.6
Sep-19        2        264        65
Oct-19        2        297        76
Nov-19        2        234        55

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 11-12-2019 08:40 AM | Show all posts
macam sukar dipercaya tapi ntahlah...

Use magic Report

Post time 11-12-2019 08:42 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Culprit terbesar bil tinggi ni ialah peti sejuk tak cekap elektrik dengan water heater. Tak percaya try tgk penggunaan peti sejuk cekap elektrik dgn peti sejuk tak cekap elektrik. Da la penggunaan 24jam. Water heater pulak, believe it or not, lg banyak guna tenaga dari aircon. Berdasarkan pengalaman mengurangkan bil elektrik dari ~RM300 ke ~RM120.

Use magic Report

Post time 11-12-2019 08:50 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts

Getting better this month lepas kurangkan penggunaan water heater.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Post time 11-12-2019 08:58 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Iols pkai brg letrik yg inverter tu.. bole la sbb iols bkn jnis rajin tutup plug etc..
even bulb pun pkai yg energy saver.. sbb xoff mlm..

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

24-4-2024 07:46 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.070693 second(s), 45 queries .