CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

12Next
Return to list New
View: 14225|Reply: 33

Popular misbelief regarding pork eating..

[Copy link]
Post time 23-7-2004 01:33 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Most people(Muslims and some Chriistians) who do not eat pork belief on ancient stories and propagandas...Some say that pigs are "dirty" creatures and bring a lot of diseases...Although one should not forget that cows AND chicken(yes your nomal household diet) also bring numrous deadly diseases..
Here's a nice article/facts  about pigs..

Smart, Clean, and Lean

Do you sweat like a pig? Chances are you don't, especially if you can wring out your shirt at the end of a hot day. Contrary to popular belief, pigs are unable to sweat; instead, they wallow in mud to cool down. Their mucky appearance gives pigs an undeserved reputation for slovenliness. In fact, pigs are some of the cleanest animals around, refusing to excrete anywhere near their living or eating areas when given a choice.

Piglet, "host" of THE JOY OF PIGS.   

Pigs are misunderstood in many ways. Many people think of them as portly and stupid, but the NATURE program THE JOY OF PIGS shows us how intelligent pigs really are. (They are naturally lean, too, unless they are overfed by humans.) Pigs are smarter than any other domestic animal. Their ability to solve problems, like the pig I.Q. test on THE JOY OF PIGS, is well-documented, and they are considered by animal experts to be more trainable than dogs or cats.

Pigs are difficult to classify. In popular culture, they appear as everything from sweet simpletons (CHARLOTTE'S WEB) to wicked tyrants (ANIMAL FARM) to brave heroes (BABE). To pig farmers, the animal is a commodity. To truffle harvesters, pigs are reliable hunters whose keen sense of smell locates these pricey fungi. To scientists, pigs are unique as one of the only large mammals that exists, in one form or another, in every part of the world.

Every continent bears the imprint of the pig's feet -- preferably in a nice mud puddle. Red River Hogs in West Africa, bearded pigs in Borneo, pig-like peccaries in Bolivia, and outlandishly tusked Indonesian babirusa all enjoy similar lifestyles of food, water, and a good roll in the dirt. These pigs' European ancestors became some of the first domesticated animals thousands of years ago. Wherever humans have ventured, they have brought pigs along with them. Colonists carried pigs with them to distant lands, proliferating pig farming throughout the world.

In the United States, raising hogs is big business. In 1997 alone, United States hog farmers raised more than 58 million head to support growing demands for pork. But the popularity of pigs as pets is growing, and many Americans now keep pigs in their homes. So when dinner's served in those homes, it's made for a pig, not from one!

Reasons why some people of the past do not eat pig is because there are no refrigerators to preserve pig meat..(and that's why pork and shellfish are deadly at that particular time)

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 23-7-2004 01:40 PM | Show all posts
O_o ... O_o ... O_o

:stp: ... You promoting "Eat a Pig a Day" campaign or something? :lol

I'm not going to eat pork (or beef or mutton for that matter). Thanks for the info. though. :no:

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-7-2004 01:47 PM | Show all posts
Another popular misbelief about metioning wild boars(and some pigs) having higher cholestrol level is wrong..Wild boars(and some pigs) have the lowest  LDL choelesterol level of any animal of l similar size...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-7-2004 01:55 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Sephiroth at 23-7-2004 01:40 PM:
O_o ... O_o ... O_o

:stp: ... You promoting "Eat a Pig a Day" campaign or something? :lol

I'm not going to eat pork (or beef or mutton for that matter). Thanks for the info. though ...

Tried being a vegetarian for health purposes(Been vegetarian for a whole one year before)...Although not enough willpower to do so now..

Use magic Report

Post time 23-7-2004 02:54 PM | Show all posts
babi la punca nya SARS di China.
lagi nak makan binatang kotoq tu

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 23-7-2004 04:14 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by neostream at 23-7-2004 02:54 PM:
babi la punca nya SARS di China.
lagi nak makan binatang kotoq tu

Tsk tsk tsk..Impulsive fella arent you..

Let's not eat chicken..there's Salmonella
Let's not eat beef..there's E.coli
Let's not eat sea food ..there's S.iniae and etc..

Pigs are dirty???Reasons please??

Use magic Report

Follow Us
KENNKID This user has been deleted
Post time 23-7-2004 04:54 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Seraphim at 2004-7-23 01:33 PM:
Most people(Muslims and some Chriistians) who do not eat pork belief on ancient stories and propagandas...Some say that pigs are "dirty" creatures and bring a lot of diseases...Although o ...

So, did Jesus eat pork? He didn't. Was he a victim of 'ancient stories and propaganda'?

'Because there was no refrigerator' :lol  

So, God forbids believers from eating pork because He did not know that the human beings that He created are capable of inventing the fridge or would one day invent it?  In other words you are saying that God is not the All Knowing. You chide not only yourself but God and the whole christian religion (before paul came into the picture and made his own laws) as well as Judaism.

Just say you cannot live without eating your 'siew yoke' & ''char siew', no need to make all sorts of grandfather stories. ;)

[ Last edited by KENNKID on 24-7-2004 at 11:09 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 23-7-2004 05:45 PM | Show all posts
by Seraphim

Tried being a vegetarian for health purposes(Been vegetarian for a whole one year before)...Although not enough willpower to do so now..

You can try reducing meat intake like me, right?

I don't eat "heavy" meats like beef, mutton and porks and just eat sea food and chicken. So far, sea food is being no. 1 in my list of consumption.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 23-7-2004 06:00 PM | Show all posts
Clean and Unclean Meats

As Creator, God has provided not only plants but also animals to be food for mankind. However, God did not create all animal flesh to be eaten by human beings. Because God desires mankind to sustain good health, He has revealed to mankind which animal flesh He specifically created to be eaten. This knowledge was made known from creation, as shown in the account of Noah and the Flood. In Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14, God clearly specifies which meats are fit for human consumption and which are not. The classification of clean or unclean is easily identifiable by the characteristics that God created in the animals. Any warm-blooded mammal which has split hooves and which chews the cud is clean to eat. All other warm-blooded animals are unclean. Of the creatures that live in the waters, only the fish with fins and scales are clean to eat; all others are unclean. Of the fowls, God forbids eating the flesh of fowls which are scavengers. All reptiles are unclean, as are all insects except locusts, grasshoppers and certain beetles.

Contrary to the belief of many professing Christians, the New Testament does not nullify God's laws of clean and unclean meats. The dispute between Jesus Christ and the Pharisees in Mark 7 did not involve the eating of clean or unclean meats. Rather, it concerned His disciples' eating food with unwashed hands. As clearly interpreted in Acts 10, the vision that Peter saw was given to reveal that no human is to be called "common or unclean" and is not a divine authorization to change God's laws of clean and unclean meats.

The apostle Paul upheld the laws of clean and unclean meats as a requirement for Christians. He described the meats that Christians are permitted to eat as those "meats which God has created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe [have faith in] and know the truth [the Word of God is Truth--John 17:17]" (I Tim. 4:3). Paul was clearly showing that some meats were created to be eaten and others were not created to be eaten. Paul continued, "For every creature of God [which was created to be eaten] is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving; for it is sanctified [set apart] by the Word of God [as revealed in the Scriptures] and prayer" (verse 4).

Scriptural References:

Lev. 11:1-31 Deut. 14:3-20 Mark 7:1-16
Acts 10:1-28 I Tim. 4:3-5 Isa. 66:17
Gen. 7:2; 8:20

Use magic Report

Post time 24-7-2004 12:22 AM | Show all posts
I take it that Seraphim is a Christian. So like Kennkid says Seraphim should find out if the old patriachs consumed pork too and as to whether there is solid proof in either the Torah or the OT that says that pork is kosher food. Just my two cents worth anyways.

ARI FUZZMAN

Use magic Report

Post time 24-7-2004 02:21 AM | Show all posts

This might help to understand why most christian consider pork is okay...

Matthew 15
10 Jesus called the crowd to him and said, "Listen and understand.
11 What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean.' "

19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.
20 These are what make a man 'unclean';

or this...

Romans 14
4As one who is in the Lord Jesus, I am fully convinced that no food is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for him it is unclean.

Act 11
4Peter began and explained everything to them precisely as it had happened:
5"I was in the city of Joppa praying, and in a trance I saw a vision. I saw something like a large sheet being let down from heaven by its four corners, and it came down to where I was.
6I looked into it and saw four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, reptiles, and birds of the air.
7Then I heard a voice telling me, 'Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.'
8"I replied, 'Surely not, Lord! Nothing impure or unclean has ever entered my mouth.'
9"The voice spoke from heaven a second time, 'Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.'
10This happened three times, and then it was all pulled up to heaven again.

As for me, i like me aunt's speacial... cubes of small BabiHutan meat stir-fried with hot-cili... and a glass of beer. Simply superb, i must say.

Use magic Report

Post time 24-7-2004 05:11 AM | Show all posts
Thread: Siapa pernah makan .. by rapid
http://forum.cari.com.my/viewthread.php?tid=85625&fpage=1

Use magic Report

KENNKID This user has been deleted
Post time 24-7-2004 11:23 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by FaithHealer3 at 2004-7-24 02:21 AM:

This might help to understand why most christian consider pork is okay...

[url=http://bible.gospelcom.net/cgi-bin/bible?passage=MATT+15&language=english&version=NIV]Mat ...

Those are paul's words put into Jesus' mouth. That's why the bible is unreliable. The genuine part of the bible is where it says pork consumption is forbidden.

The fact that consumption of pork is prohibited in Islam is well known, LESS ADHERED TO IN CHRISTIANITY . The following points explain various aspects of this prohibition:

1. Pork prohibited in Qur'an  

The Quran prohibits the consumption of pork in no less than 4 different places. It is prohibited in 2:173, 5:3, 6:145 and 16:115.

"Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah." [Al-Quran 5:3]

The above verses of the Holy Qur抋n are sufficient to satisfy a Muslim as to why pork is forbidden.

2. Pork prohibited in the Bible  

The Christian is likely to be convinced by his religious scriptures. The Bible prohibits the consumption of pork, in the book of Leviticus

"And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you".

"Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch, they are unclean to you." [Leviticus 11:7-8]

Pork is also prohibited in the Bible in the book of Deuteronomy

"And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you. Ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcass." [Deuteronomy 14:8]

A similar prohibition is repeated in the Bible in the book of Isaiah chapter 65 verse 2-5.

3. Consumption of pork causes several diseases  

The other non-Muslims and atheists will agree only if convinced through reason, logic and science. Eating of pork can cause no less than seventy different types of diseases. A person can have various helminthes like roundworm, pinworm, hookworm, etc. One of the most dangerous is Taenia Solium, which is in lay man抯 terminology called tapeworm. It harbours in the intestine and is very long. Its ova i.e. eggs, enter the blood stream and can reach almost all the organs of the body. If it enters the brain it can cause memory loss. If it enters the heart it can cause heart attack, if it enters the eye it can cause blindness, if it enters the liver it can cause liver damage. It can damage almost all the organs of the body.

Another dangerous helminthes is Trichura Tichurasis. A common misconception about pork is that if it is cooked well, these ova die. In a research project undertaken in America, it was found that out of twenty-four people suffering from Trichura Tichurasis, twenty two had cooked the pork very well. This indicates that the ova present in the pork do not die under normal cooking temperature.

4. Pork has fat building material  

Pork has very little muscle building material and contains excess of fat. This fat gets deposited in the vessels and can cause hypertension and heart attack. It is not surprising that over 50% of Americans suffer from hypertension.

5. Pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth >:

The pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth. It lives and thrives on muck, faeces and dirt. It is the best scavenger that I know that God has produced. In the villages they don抰 have modern toilets and the villagers excrete in the open air. Very often excreta is cleared by pigs.

Some may argue that in advanced countries like Australia, pigs are bred in very clean and hygienic conditions. Even in these hygienic conditions the pigs are kept together in sties. No matter how hard you try to keep them clean they are filthy by nature. They eat and enjoy their own as well as their neighbour抯 excreta.

6. Pig is the most shameless animal  

The pig is the most shameless animal on the face of the earth. It is the only animal that invites its friends to have sex with its mate. In America, most people consume pork. Many times after dance parties, they have swapping of wives; i.e. many say "you sleep with my wife and I will sleep with your wife." !!.

PORK!

"You are what you eat" - American proverb
By Alyssa Samadi

Use magic Report

Post time 24-7-2004 12:16 PM | Show all posts
Understanding "Unclean" in Romans 14

Does Paul's statement in Romans 14:14 that "I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself" mean that there was no distinction between clean and unclean meats in the early Church?

An understanding of Greek terminology can help us here.

It is important to realize that two concepts of "unclean" were referred to in the New Testament, with different Greek words used to convey those ideas. "Unclean" could refer to animals not meant to be food (Leviticus 11; Deuteronomy 14). "Unclean" could also refer to ceremonial or ritual uncleanness.

In Romans 14 Paul used the word koinos, which means "common" (Vine's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words, Thomas Nelson Publishers, Nashville, 1985, p. 649). In addition to the meanings of "common" or "ordinary," as used today in English (Acts 2:44; 4:32; Titus 1:4; Hebrews 10:29; Jude 3), the word was also applied to things considered polluted or defiled. This same word, along with its verb form koinoo, is used in Mark 7:2, 15-23, where it clearly refers to ceremonial uncleanness because the disciples ate with unwashed hands.

Through a concordance or similar Bible help
you can verify that koinos and koinoo are used throughout the New Testament to refer to ceremonial uncleanness, not to unclean animals or meats as defined in the Scriptures. Something could be "common"梒eremonially unclean梱et not appear on the proscribed list of meats that were biblically unclean.

An entirely different word, akathartos, is used for unclean meats in the New Testament. In the Septuagint (the Greek translation of the Old Testament commonly used in Paul's day), akathartos is used to designate the unclean meats listed in Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14.

In Acts 10 both koinos and akathartos describe Peter's vision of the sheet filled with "all kinds of four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds of the air" (verse 12), both clean and unclean. Peter himself distinguished between the two concepts of "unclean" by using both words in verse 14. After being told to "kill and eat," Peter replied, "I have never eaten anything common [koinos] or unclean [akathartos]." Most Bible translations distinguish between the meanings of the two words used here. Peter used the same terminology in verse 28 and Acts 11:8 in discussing the vision.

When Paul said in Romans 14:14 that "I know and am convinced by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself," he was making the same point he had made earlier to the Corinthians: Just because meat that was otherwise lawful to eat may have been associated with idol worship does not mean that it is no longer fit for human consumption. As seen from the context, Paul wasn't discussing biblical dietary restrictions at all.

Paul goes on to state in Romans 14:20 that "all food is clean" (New International Version). The word translated "clean" is katharos, "free from impure admixture, without blemish, spotless" (Vine's, p. 103). Clean meats as such aren't addressed in the New Testament, so there isn't a specific word to describe them. Katharos is used to describe all kinds of cleanliness and purity, including clean dishes (Matthew 23:26), bodies (John 13:10) and clothing (Revelation 15:6; 19:8, 14), "pure" religion (James 1:27), gold and glass (Revelation 21:18).

Realize also that, in both verses 14 and 20 of Romans 14, the word food or meat isn't in the original wording. No specific object is mentioned relative to cleanness or uncleanness. The sense of these verses is merely that "nothing [is] unclean [koinos: common or ceremonially defiled] of itself" and "All is clean [katharos: free from impure admixture, without blemish, spotless]."

Paul's point is that any association of food with idolatrous activity had no bearing on whether that food was suitable for eating

Use magic Report

Post time 24-7-2004 12:23 PM | Show all posts
What Does the Bible Teach About Clean and Unclean Meats?

A Matter of Proper Cooking?

What about the common view that God forbade the Israelites from eating pork so they wouldn't catch diseases, such as trichinosis, from undercooked meat? Does this view hold up under scrutiny?

"Some people tell me that unlike people in Bible times, we cook meat much better today, and that this renders even unclean meats harmless. One Bible commentary claimed that pork was forbidden in the Old Testament because it was eaten without being cooked, thus passing trichinosis to humans. The author thought that because we now cook meat, we no longer need to follow that law.

"In my opinion this statement is incorrect. Sophisticated ovens and cooking devices have been found in the most ancient archaeological ruins, including most of the Israelites' ruins.

"They understood that cooking meat is certainly important. Can we safely assume that diseases caused by unclean animals have disappeared because we now cook things better? . . .

"Even the microwave oven heats meat unevenly, allowing bacteria and parasites (such as trichinosis) to survive in meat. Many outbreaks of vicious infections have developed in so-called cooked food. If the food is unclean, don't count on cooking it to protect you. Some of the most toxic poisons are not destroyed by heat.

"A sobering report from Scotland revealed that food poisoning by toxins, virus or bacteria occurred in spite of thorough inspection at every stage of food preparation, including handling and cooking" (What the Bible Says About Healthy Living, 1999, p. 80).

[ Last edited by Truth.8 on 24-7-2004 at 12:27 PM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-7-2004 12:24 PM | Show all posts
Wow Kennkid..i dont know that you can be so "naive":lol

Originally posted by KENNKID at 24-7-2004 11:23 AM:

3. Consumption of pork causes several diseases  

All the diseases stated can be avoided by cooking your pork well enough..the same goes to any other meat products..Anyway where's the official research of the so called er "Trichura Tichurasis" done by the Americans..from what i seen..it was mentioned briefly and no organization was mentioned..

4. Pork has fat building material  

Pork has very little muscle building material and contains excess of fat. This fat gets deposited in the vessels and can cause hypertension and heart attack. It is not surprising that over 50% of Americans suffer from hypertension.

Well dont eat chicken and beef also..Did you that most dairy farm products and meat are made thanks to hormone growths and stimulants..Wow excess fat yup..

5. Pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth >:

The pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth. It lives and thrives on muck, faeces and dirt. It is the best scavenger that I know that God has produced. In the villages they don抰 have modern toilets and the villagers excrete in the open air. Very often excreta is cleared by pigs.

Some may argue that in advanced countries like Australia, pigs are bred in very clean and hygienic conditions. Even in these hygienic conditions the pigs are kept together in sties. No matter how hard you try to keep them clean they are filthy by nature. They eat and enjoy their own as well as their neighbour抯 excreta.

It needs mud because pigs do not have sweat glands..this do not make their meat "dirty" as you thought..The pigs hygiene conditions are determine by the people who rear them.In a good quality control environment,pigs can be cleaner than your normal beef that you eat

6. Pig is the most shameless animal  

The pig is the most shameless animal on the face of the earth. It is the only animal that invites its friends to have sex with its mate. In America, most people consume pork. Many times after dance parties, they have swapping of wives; i.e. many say "you sleep with my wife and I will sleep with your wife." !!.

Another observation based from hadith or something(i sincerely dont know:lol)..Let's dont eat fish or cats should be haram..Go figure friend..i dont even need any "copy and paste" to rebuke this

[ Last edited by Seraphim on 24-7-2004 at 12:26 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 24-7-2004 12:32 PM | Show all posts
A Telling Event From Jesus' Ministry

Many people assume Jesus Christ abolished the distinctions between clean and unclean meats, even though, as we have seen, no evidence for this exists in the Scriptures. However, the Bible includes a report of a telling incident that shows whether Jesus viewed pigs as suitable for food.

Before we examine that account, let's understand a part of Christ's character-that He apparently was never wasteful.

On two occasions during His ministry Jesus miraculously multiplied a few fish and loaves of bread to feed large crowds that followed Him-on one occasion 4,000 and on the other 5,000 strong (Matthew 14:15-21; 15:32-38). But, in spite of an abundance of food, Christ did not allow any of it to go to waste. "So when they [the crowds] were filled, He said to His disciples, 'Gather up the fragments that remain, so that nothing is lost'" (John 6:12).

The disciples gathered up 12 baskets of leftover food after the first of these miracles and seven after the second. He specifically told His disciples not to allow any of it to be thrown away.

With the understanding that Jesus was compassionate and not wasteful toward food, let's examine an incident involving Him and some unclean animals-a large herd of pigs.

Mark 5:1-13 records that Jesus crossed the Sea of Galilee by boat to the region of Gadara, a gentile (non-Jewish) area on the eastern shore.

There He was met by a demon-possessed man from whom He would momentarily cast many evil spirits.

In this remarkable encounter, the demons requested that Jesus send them into a herd of 2,000 swine feeding on a nearby hillside. Jesus granted their request, and, when the demons entered the swine, "the herd ran violently down the steep place into the sea, and drowned in the sea" (verse 13).

Many have puzzled over this astounding incident in which Jesus precipitated the destruction of a valuable herd of 2,000 pigs-enough to feed many thousands of people. Yet we should not be surprised when we understand the biblical instruction that these animals should never have been raised for food, and their owner was acting in defiance of God's laws.

Beyond question is that Jesus didn't consider the swine to be suitable for food. The compassionate Savior of mankind, the one who ordered scraps of bread and fish to be gathered up so none would go to waste, would never have wasted such a valuable resource had He considered the pigs to be an acceptable part of the human diet.

Jesus is "the same yesterday, today, and forever" (Hebrews 13:8). Animals He viewed as unfit for human consumption 2,000 years ago remain unfit for us to eat in our day.

Use magic Report

Post time 13-8-2004 06:35 PM | Show all posts
Muslims' abstention from pork eating is
in adherence to the Qur'anic Law which states:

" Forbidden to you for (food) are: dead meat,
blood and the flesh of the swine and that
which hath been invoked the name other than
Allah. "
Holy Qur'an 5:4

Such prohibition is also found in the Bible:

" The pig also because it is a splitter of the
hoof but there is no cud. It is unclean for
you. None of their flesh must you eat and carcass
you must not touch. "
Deuteronomy 14:8 ( Bible)

Islam ( an Arabic word which means submission to the will
of the Almighty God) has laid down the foundation for the best
approach in keeping good health. In the Holy Qur'an (The Last
Testament ) God exhorts the believers to select the best food and
to stay away from any harmful food to maintain good health:

" Let him find out which is the best food
( to be had ) ... Eat of the best foods We
have provided for you . "

( Holy Qur'an 18:19;7:160 )

The main purpose of a True Religion must be to build an ideal
community in this world ; a religion that promotes moral,
political and economic well;social harmony and peace, as well as
good health of its believers or followers.
Health means the physical and mental well-being and freedom
from diseases and pain.There are several passages in the Bible,
articulating that because of sin ( a transgression of the law of
God) God afflicted human beings with maladies (Ps.103:3;Exodus
15:26 and Psalms 107:16-20).Islamic instructions and teachings
espousing health consciousness have scriptural and scientific
support

MEDICAL ASPECT OF THE PROHIBITION

Abstention from eating pork is a measure to safeguard
health.Of all the domestic animals, pig is the most
avaricious, eating anything including human excreta. It is the
cradle of harmful germs and parasites. Its meat is carrier of
diseases to man, thus making it unfit for human consumption.

CHARACTER OF PIG

All types of animals are lawful to be eaten whether those
living on land or in the water except those animals specifically
forbidden in the Holy Writings revealed by the Almighty Creator
and the sayings of the Prophet with clear and well defined
injunctions.
Pig belong to the forbidden animals, and not allowed to be
eaten by the believers. Pig eats almost anything dirty and they
are very lazy animals. It is the most avaricious of all domestic
animals. Amongst all animals, pig is the cradle of harmful germs.
It's meat serves as carrier of diseases to mankind. It is this
very reason that made it unfit for human consumption consumption.

DISEASES CAUSED BY PORK

The following lists show germs or parasites that are found
in pork and some diseases caused by them. Many of these
diseases are contagious while some are proven fatal.This proves
that the more science advances the more Islam is shown correct
as a religion of God.

PARASITIC DISEASES

a) TRICHINELLA SPIRATIS ( Trichina worms )
It is the most dangerous parasite to man ( Rheumatism and
muscular pain). The infected persons shown no symptoms, recover
very slowly some die, some reduced to permanent invalids. No one
is immune from this disease and there is no cure.

B) TAENIA SOLIUM ( Pork tape worm )
The worm causes malnourishment of the person leading
to anemia, diarrhea, extreme depression melancholia and
digestive disturbances. Cysticercosis means that larva enter
the blood stream then settle down in one or more of the vital
organs of the body, for example: brain, liver, lungs or spinal
cord. They grow and encapsulate, inducing pressure to the
system around, resulting in dangerous diseases (diarrhea,
digestive disorder, anemia, chronic invalidation).

c) ROUND WORMS
Examples: Ascaris, which may lead to digestive
disturbances, appendicitis, obstructive jaundice.

d) HOOK WORMS
Examples:Ancylostomiasis, which may lead to
anemia, oedema, heart failure or retarded
growth ( mental and physical), tuberculosis,
diarrhea and typhoid.

e) SCHITOSOMA JAPONICUM
Bleeding, anemia and other syndromes. If ova
are settled in the brain or spinal cord, paralysis
and death may occur.

f) PARAGOMINES WESTERMAINI
Infestation leading to bleeding of the lungs
( endenve haemoptysis)

g) PACIOLEPSIS BUSKI
Digestive disturbances leading to persistent
diarrhea; generalized oedema.

h) CLONORCHIS SINENSIS
chlonorchiasis-obstructive jaundice, liver enlargement.

i) METASTRONGYLUS APRI
Causes bronchitis, abscess of the lungs.

j) GIGANTHORINCHUS GIGAS
Cause anemia and digestive disorders.

k) BALATITIDIUM COLI
Causes acute dysentery and general weakness.

BACTERIAL DISEASES

1. Tuberculosis
2. Fusiformis necrofurus: causing foot-rot which is very
difficult to heal.
3. Salmonella Cholera suis: causing cholera
4. Paratyphoid
5. Bruceellosis: Acute, sub acute and chronic. It may lead
to permanent disabilities.
6. Swine Erysipelas: causing Erypelas in man.

Viral Diseases
1. Small pox: is was a source of infection to man.
2. Japanese B-encepphalitis: It is the source of infection
3. Influenza, foot mouth disease, gas tro-enteritis of the
new born babies.

Protozoal Diseases : Toxo plasma goundii- It is a very
dangerous diseases.A new born baby of an infected woman may die
within few days or weeks after delivery. But if he survives
he may develop blindness or deafness.In adult chronic exhaustive
fever with enlarged liver and spleen may occur. Pneumonia, or
celebro- spinal meninggitis which may lead to death or madness.
The patient may become blind and deaf too.

Fats In Pigs:
Pork contains more fats than other meats.
Therefore, people who are fond of pork are more obese than
others. Cholesterol is higher in their blood thus making them
more prone to asthereosclerosis cardiovascular accidents and
sudden death.

Other Diseases :
Flesh of the pork is hard to digest and may
lead to chronic digestive disturbances. Pimples, boils, cysts are
common in pork eaters. These are some of the parasites and
diseases found in pork and/ or the skin of pigs and certainly
there are many more. There is still no means of killing these
parasites, in the tissues, neither has anyone found a method of
expelling them, even produced any specific treatment for the
diseases.

Use magic Report

Post time 13-8-2004 06:35 PM | Show all posts
BIBLICAL ASPECT OF THE PROHIBITION

Old Testament

The Jews and the different christian sects and denominations
believe in the Old Testament. Adherents of other religions
alleged that the prohibition was already superseded by the New
Testament.This cogent argumentation is inconclusive. No one can
specifically point out that Jesus Christ (PBUH) lifted the
prohibition. On the contrary, he upheld it he declared:

" Think not that I have come to abolish the law
and the prophets: I have come not to abolish
them but to fulfill them." (Matthew 5:17 RSV)

Jesus Christ (PBUH) was obviously referring to the existing
Law of his time , the Mosaic Law !- in which the Law prohibiting
pig as article of food is mentioned. ( Leviticus 11:7-11)

" As for any beast that is a splitter of the hoof
but is not a former of the cleft and not a chewer
of the cud, they are unclean for you. Everyone
touching them will be unclean. "
Leviticus 11:26

In addition, the book of Prophet Isaiah said:

" Who sit in tombs, and spend the night in secret
places who eats swine's flesh and broth of
abominable things is in their vessels;... These
are a smoke in my nostrils,a fire that burns
all the day. " ( Isaiah 65:4,5b RSV)

The New Testament
Despite the Biblical injunction prohibiting pork as food,
still people of other religious persuations insist on finding
ways and reasons to justify their consumption of prohibited
animals arguing that said Biblical prohibition was already
superseded in the New Testament when in certainly, no one can
specifically point out that Jesus Christ (PBUH) indeed lifted the
prohibition. On the contrary, Jesus (PBUH) declared:

" Think not that I have come to abolish the law
and the prophets. I have come not to abolish but
to fulfill them. " ( Matthew 5:17 )

The fact is, we will find in Mark 5:1-20 that Jesus (PBUH)
even permitted the foul spirits (evil spirits) possessing a man
to enter into the herb of swine. Since the flesh of pig is
unlawful for the Jews, to eat and since it is considered
unclean, (Leviticus 11:7-8) consequently, the Jews are not to keep
or raise them. This Biblical account states that Jesus (PBUH)
punished the owners of the swine;destroyed their unlawful
livelihood and at the same time showed that pig is the habitat of
unclean spirits.
The only provision in the New Testament alluded to their
argument is in Act 10:10-16. Without reading the whole
context, one would be inclined to interpret it to mean that God
abrogated His previous command found on Deuteronomy 14:3-8. An
alleged apparition of Peter on Acts 10:11-16 is alleged to
supersede Deuteronomy 14:3-8, however, nowhere in the Bible is it
mentioned that Peter actually slaughtered and ate the unclean
animals he saw in his apparition. The correct interpretation of
this apparition was shown to him in Acts 10:25-28. Acts 10:11-16
therefore, carries an allegorical connotation,r eferring
explicitly to the Gentile nations or non-Jewish nations. Peter
was told not to call the Gentiles common and unclean because
God's mercy, blessing and forgiveness also encompasses the Non
Jews and life eternal also awaits the penitent.
In the Bible, Jesus(PBUH) likened to a dog and pig those
people whom after receiving divine teaching failed to profit from
them and abuses them for self-serving purposes:

" Do not give holy to dogs- they will only turn and
attack you. Do not throw your pearls in front of
pigs-they will only trample them underfoot. "
( Matthew 7:6 NEB)

The New Heavens And The New Earth

The book of Isaiah 66:1-24, is an oracle of the new
heavens and the new earth prepared for the believers. Within
the context, God condemns people's practices such as eating the
flesh of pigs, reptiles, and rats.

" Those who sanctify and purify themselves
to go into the gardens, following one in
the midst, eating swine's flesh and the
abomination and mice, shall come to an
end together says the LORD. "
(Isaiah 67:17 RSV)

Therefore, the prohibition on the eating of unclean
animals was not abrogated during t he New Testament times.God
will still punish the transgressors in the fire that will never
quench. This will occur during the new heavens and the new earth.

MUSLIMS FOLLOW THE DIVINE LAW

Last Testament's Verdict On Prohibition Of Pork

Islam means" submission to the will and command of God "
and a person who embraced this religion is called " Muslim "
which means " one who accepts and submits himself to the will of
God.A Muslim is obliged to be clean both spiritually, mentally
and physically. Abstention from eating flesh of swine is one of
the obligation a Muslim must observe to attain purity of the
soul and of the human nature. The believers in Islam, sincerely
believe in the Holy Qur'an as the Word of God, revealed to
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) which says:

" Allah has forbidden you only what dies of itself
and blood and the flesh of swine and that over
which any other name than that of Allah has been
invoked; but whoever is driven to (it), not
desiring nor exceeding the limit, then surely
Allah is Forgiving, Merciful. " ( 16:115 )

We should bear in our mind that the abstention from eating
pork by the Muslims is based on hygienic grounds and of the
cultivation of purity of character. Pork is not poisonous as to
kill people right on the spot but latent. It will destroys
slowly. It is certainly not as nourishing as any other meat and
it causes prolonged sufferings. Pondering on the wisdom of this
saying: "Health is wealth " will lead you to better living and
prosperity. The last Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said:

" There are two blessing which many people lose:
health and the free time for doing good ...The
stronger believer (in health) is more blessed
and more beloved to Allah than the weak
believer. "

Conclusion

From what we have read from the Scriptures of the
christians, scientific findings, Last Testaments (The Holy Qur'an)
and the saying of the Last Prophet Muhammad (SAW) about health
and the flesh of the swine, we now come now to the conclusion that
eating of swine flesh or PORK IS SIN AND SICKNESS. Therefore, we
must protect ourselves for it is a fact that health is a trust
and best blessing bestowed upon us by Allah.

Use magic Report

deepjunior This user has been deleted
Post time 14-8-2004 06:36 AM | Show all posts
From Bible:

Matthew 15
10 Jesus called the crowd to him and said, "Listen and understand.
11 What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean.' "

to

"And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you".

"Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch, they are unclean to you." [Leviticus 11:7-8]

Ayaa, which one is correct??

Use magic Report

12Next
Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

25-4-2024 07:56 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.068125 second(s), 45 queries .