CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 1695|Reply: 13

[Tempatan] Auntie Kelly bela 130 ekor anjing terbiar. Kos bulanan RM6,500. Sekarang tak ada

[Copy link]
Post time 15-7-2020 02:59 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Old age, lack of funds force Ipoh rescuer Auntie Kelly to put 130 dogs up for adoption
Wednesday, 15 Jul 2020 02:25 PM MYT
BY SYLVIA LOOI

IPOH, July 15 — Tan Juat Jong has been rescuing stray dogs for over two decades.

With age catching up, the 65-year-old is now appealing to animal lovers to help clear out her shelter by adopting the dogs there before anything happens to her.

Speaking to Malay Mail when met at the shelter located in Tanjung Rambutan, Tan said it pained her to part with the dogs, which she had grown attached to.

As she is not getting any younger, Tan, who tends to the dogs alone, said it was the best solution for the furkids.

“I spend my waking hours attending to them and only return to my rented house at Canning Garden in the evening.”

How did she start rescuing strays?

Popularly known as Auntie Kelly among the animal welfare non-governmental organisations (NGOs) in Ipoh, Tan said she used to be a person with Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).

“Before I started rescuing strays, I was a cleanliness freak. So much so each time a guest leaves my house, I will clean up the house.

“Then one day, I saw a group of puppies near the place I was staying and took pity on them.”

Starting with 10 dogs, the pack gradually grew.

Due to incessant complaints from neighbours, Tan was forced to move to the present location 16 years ago with the assistance of some supporters.

Tan then continued with her rescue work where she would rescue dogs that had been abandoned.

These dogs normally had a host of medical problems.

There are also cases where people would dump the dogs in front of her shelter.

After nursing them back to health, Tan would keep them at the shelter.

To date, she has 130 dogs.

To make matters worse for Tan, one of her major supporters had pulled out of supporting Tan financially recently.

“She told me she has retired and had no means to continue supporting me monthly,” said Tan, adding that the supporter used to give her (Tan) RM1,900 monthly.

“The supporter advised me to think about my own well-being and suggested I just release the dogs but I could not get myself to do it.”

With funds running low, Tan admitted she was racing against time to get the dogs adopted.

“I hope to be able to take care of them till my last breath but with no financial assistance, it will be an uphill task,” she said, adding that she had no backup plans for the dogs if anything were to happen to her.

“Hence, it is imperative I get the dogs adopted as soon as possible,” she said, withholding her tears.

Tan said her shelter's operation cost is about RM6,500 monthly.

“The majority of it is for food as water to clean the kennels is drawn from a nearby river while there is no electricity supply.”

Lions Club of Ipoh MALI, which has been assisting Tan since 2018, would donate kibbles and other necessities needed at the shelter.

Its president Foo Jen Imm said those who want to adopt Tan's dogs or donate to the rescuer could contact the club.

“We will help Tan to screen suitable adopters and let Tan concentrate on looking after the shelter,” she said, adding that all female dogs at the shelter had been spayed.

For more details, contact Foo at 016-5512585 or visit the club's Facebook page.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 15-7-2020 03:08 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
baca tajuk igt ke tt cakap auntie Kelly . rerupanya mmg nama dia Auntie Kelly.

Use magic Report

Post time 15-7-2020 03:10 PM | Show all posts
so mana gang gang tu lah yg dok  lolong memanjang ....mana pi gang gang HAk asasi makhluk yg dok bela PATI tu semua -  inilah masa berbakti juga.

Use magic Report

Post time 15-7-2020 03:10 PM | Show all posts
boleh minta tolong mamasab kot2 agen2 dia boleh dapatkan dana secukupnya.. ye la sales sebulan pun berjuta2... mamasab to the rescue again

takde customer? tiada masalah... agen beli sesama agen dan dropship beli sesama dropship...
stok tak habis atau kek tak habis? jangan risau boleh kambus belakang rumah... ulang2 la sampai sold out... trust the process, mamasab warrior the best

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 15-7-2020 03:24 PM | Show all posts
geng2 hak pencinta haiwan
termasuk Exco yg sibuk mohon maaf era PH pasal penguatkuasa tangkap anjing liar
dua-dua group ni langsung tak berbunyi
nak hulurkan sumbangan
entah2 jauh sekali
sembang je lebih

Use magic Report

Post time 15-7-2020 06:22 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
dudaberhias replied at 15-7-2020 03:10 PM
boleh minta tolong mamasab kot2 agen2 dia boleh dapatkan dana secukupnya.. ye la sales sebulan pun b ...

ko dah kenapa merata meratib mamasab noks? ada issue ke dengan dia. dah mcm cilipadi sedap.duk ratib tetek vok

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 15-7-2020 06:25 PM | Show all posts
iols sebagai pencinta hanjeng redha sekiranya hanjeng ini ditidurkan sekiranya dah tak mampu diberi makan.

kalau ada HUSKY bak lah seekor dua.

PUG pun boleh consider.

Use magic Report

Post time 15-7-2020 06:33 PM | Show all posts
I simpati dengan rescuer.. bukam senang nak jaga haiwan banyak2

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 15-7-2020 06:57 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
R2D2 replied at 15-7-2020 03:24 PM
geng2 hak pencinta haiwan
termasuk Exco yg sibuk mohon maaf era PH pasal penguatkuasa tangkap anjin ...

Bercakap free .tak kuar modal apa2...skrg tgok sapa betul2 prihatin atau cuma nak popularities

Use magic Report

Post time 16-7-2020 12:55 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
NGOk2 malaysia yg brkaitan isu ni blh harap ke??semua nak mencapub je kejenye....mase brckp tsmbur2 air liur,tp action je lebih sbnrnye.....

Use magic Report

Post time 16-7-2020 01:43 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Ada Melayu yg buat shelter anjing/kucing terbiar di.Kedah & Melaka. Tapi teruk depa terima cemuhan & makian ramai ummah Melayu Isele. I have the feeling puak2 yg mencemuh memaki.ni juga yg heboh suruh org ambik & bela anjing2 terbiar nih.

Use magic Report

Post time 16-7-2020 01:46 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Nahnukutu replied at 15-7-2020 06:25 PM
iols sebagai pencinta hanjeng redha sekiranya hanjeng ini ditidurkan sekiranya dah tak mampu diberi  ...

Kalu ada husky ka malamut ka, haku sanggup bawak masuk umah. Kena buat samak hari2 pun takpe lah, nanti ready stock sabun Taharah bebanyak

Use magic Report

Post time 16-7-2020 07:04 PM | Show all posts
pyropura replied at 16-7-2020 01:43 AM
Ada Melayu yg buat shelter anjing/kucing terbiar di.Kedah & Melaka. Tapi teruk depa terima cemuhan & ...

sudah ada perubahan sikap youngsters melayu skrg terhadap hanjeng

I was talking to this Malay girl yesterday dia sengaja turun bas one stop past her house reason sebab nak meet this one stray dog. She just wanted to meet the dog.

Use magic Report

Post time 17-7-2020 01:42 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Terlalu banyak
Mesti bising dan busuk
Mungkin boleh consider PTS secara berhemah

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 01:51 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.068391 second(s), 41 queries .