Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2313|Reply: 8

BEST INSPIRATIONAL SHORT STORIES YOU READ

[Copy link]
Post time 18-8-2020 03:33 PM | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by adila39 at 18-8-2020 03:46 PM

Hi all, weather is a bit cold today. I set a cup of coke right infront of me and thinking...maybe I need to read a little of good vibes story. So maybe and likewise like to share with u all. Enjoy and share yours if any
STORY NO 1  - A MAN FOUND A COCOON OF A BUTTERFLY

One day a small opening appeared. He sat and watched thebutterfly for several hours as it struggled to force its body through thatlittle hole.
Until it suddenly stopped making any progress and lookedlike it was stuck.
So the man decided to help the butterfly. He took a pairof scissors and snipped off the remaining bit of the cocoon. The butterfly thenemerged easily, although it had a swollen body and small, shriveled wings.
The man didn’t think anything of it and sat there waitingfor the wings to enlarge to support the butterfly. But that didn’t happen. Thebutterfly spent the rest of its life unable to fly, crawling around with tinywings and a swollen body.
Despite the kind heart of the man, he didn’t understandthat the restricting cocoon and the struggle needed by the butterfly to getitself through the small opening; were God’s way of forcing fluid from the bodyof the butterfly into its wings. To prepare itself for flying once it was outof the cocoon.
Moral of the story:
Our struggles in life develop our strengths. Withoutstruggles, we never grow and never get stronger, so it’s important for us totackle challenges on our own, and not be relying on help from others.

STORY 2 - IGNORE

A group of frogs were traveling through the forest when two of them fell into a deep pit. When the other frogs saw how deep the pit was, they told the two frogs that there was no hope left for them.
However, the two frogs ignored their comrades and proceeded to try to jump out of the pit. However, despite their efforts, the group of frogs at the top of the pit were still saying that they should just give up as they’d never make it out.
Eventually, one of the frogs took heed of what the others were saying and he gave up, jumping even deeper to his death. The other frog continued to jump as hard as he could. Once again, the group of frogs yelled at him to stop the pain and to just die.
He ignored them, and jumped even harder and finally made it out. When he got out, the other frogs said, ‘Did you not hear us?’
The frog explained to them that he was deaf, and that he thought they were encouraging him the entire time.”

STORY 3- VALUE
A popular speaker started off a seminar by holding up a $20 bill. A crowd of 200 had gathered to hear him speak. He asked, ‘Who would like this $20 bill?’
200 hands went up.
He said, ‘I am going to give this $20 to one of you but first, let me do this.’ He crumpled the bill up.
He then asked, ‘Who still wants it?’
All 200 hands were still raised.
‘Well,’ he replied, ‘What if I do this?’ Then he dropped the bill on the ground and stomped on it with his shoes.
He picked it up, and showed it to the crowd. The bill was all crumpled and dirty.
‘Now who still wants it?’
All the hands still went up.
‘My friends, I have just showed you a very important lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth $20. Many times in our lives, life crumples us and grinds us into the dirt. We make bad decisions or deal with poor circumstances. We feel worthless. But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value. You are special – Don’t ever forget it!’

STORY 4 - DONT JUDGE

“A 24 year old boy seeing out from the train’s windowshouted… ‘Dad, look the trees are going behind!’Dad smiled and a young couple sitting nearby, looked at the24 year old’s childish behavior with pity, suddenly he again exclaimed… ‘Dad, look the clouds are running with us!’ The couple couldn’t resist and said to the old man…‘Why don’t you take your son to a good doctor?’ The old man smiled and said…’I did and we are just comingfrom the hospital, my son was blind from birth, he just got his eyes today.’ Every single person on the planet has a story. Don’t judgepeople before you truly know them. The truth might surprise you.”

Best kan, nanti sambung if baca lagi....

STORY 5 How a Boy Scout Nearly Drowned to Fight Racism in His Troop

One Moth story teller explains the courage it took to accomplish what no one thought he could.
I am the last boy in the Boy Scout troop to get his uniformand the last boy to pay his $10 to go to the Big Camp Jamboree. When we arrive,we are the only black troop there. One of the first things to do there is the swimming test. The test is to see how long we can tread water, and it determines whether you can take out a canoe or swim alone.

None of the boys in my troop can swim, so I am the only black kid in the whole camp who takes the swimming test. I tread water. And I watch the lifeguard point to different boys and say, “You can get out. You canget out. You can get out.”

I make a move to get out. He says, “No, no, no. You stay.”After a long time, he says to me, “You can get out.” And I get a swimmer tag for it.

It doesn’t quite work out the way I think, though. Everytime I show up to take out a boat or get in the swimming pool, I get yelled at:“Hey, stop! Let me see your swimmer tag!”

One time, I’m swimming in the deep end of the pool by myself, and I hear one of the life guards yell out, “You! You! Get outta that water! Get outta that water right now!” He is so frantic, I think there must bea snake or a snapping turtle. Then he jumps in the water and grabs me by the arm, and I think, It must be something dangerous because he’s trying to pull me out. He’s trying to save me. Then he slaps me in the face and says, “N——, who told you that you could get in the pool?”  

i’m 11 years old. I get out of the pool.

One of the final activities at the camp is the mile swim. I am the only black Boy Scout eligible to try out for it. Each one of us, a boutten in a group, has to swim beside a boat. If at any point you need to give up,you get inside the boat.

We start in. Three laps around this big lake equals onemile. As soon as we finish the first lap, half the boys have given up andgotten in the boat. On the second lap, the boys who had already given up yellat me from the boat, “Come on! You don’t need to do this. Give up! Come on, getin the boat!”
On the third lap, I start to get delirious. My arms feellike spaghetti, and I almost can’t move anymore. But I look way out in front ofme, about two football lengths, and I see other kids getting out of the water.

I have so little energy left, and the boys are still yellingat me, but I keep swimming. I can’t even keep my eyes open. So I close them andkeep on stroking, stroking, stroking. It seems like I’m not moving anywhere.
All of a sudden, I feel, like, a thousand hands on me. I’msnatched out of the water, and I see all these brown arms, and everybody’syelling and screaming and tossing me up in the air. I’m yelling and crying, andI’m so happy.
I’m the only black Boy Scout who completed themile swim at that camp. In the big picture, what I did, it’s not thatsignificant. I wasn’t the last Boy Scout to do it. I wasn’t the fastest. Iwasn’t the smartest or the prettiest. But on that day, in that place and time …one little black kid was first

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 18-8-2020 07:00 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
@Scheherazade mybe u suka jugak ni

Use magic Report

Post time 20-8-2020 09:52 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
adila39 replied at 18-8-2020 07:00 PM
@Scheherazade mybe u suka jugak ni

Thx mod. Good one

Use magic Report

Post time 20-8-2020 10:00 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Ni sedikit mcm anjing & byg2, cuma konteks lebih luas.

Once a dog ran into a museum filled with mirrors. The museum was very unique, the walls, the ceiling, the doors and even the floors were made of mirrors. Seeing his reflections, the dog froze in surprise in the middle of the hall. He could see a whole pack of dogs surrounding him from all sides, from above and below.

The dog bared his teeth and barked all the reflections responded to it in the same way. Frightened, the dog barked frantically, the dog’s reflections imitated the  dog and increased it many times. The dog barked even harder, but the echo was magnified. The dog, tossed from one side to another while his reflections also tossed around snapping their teeth.

Next morning, the museum security guards found the miserable, lifeless dog, surrounded by thousands of reflections of the lifeless dog. There was nobody to harm the dog. The dog died by fighting with his own reflections.

Moral: The world doesn’t bring good or evil on its own. Everything that is happening around us is the reflection of our own thoughts, feelings, wishes and actions. The World is a big mirror. So let’s strike a good pose!

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 20-8-2020 11:34 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Scheherazade replied at 20-8-2020 10:00 AM
Ni sedikit mcm anjing & byg2, cuma konteks lebih luas.

Once a dog ran into a museum filled with m ...

Life is a reflection what we allow to see... so yerrr give a badass pose instead!

Use magic Report

Post time 23-8-2020 05:24 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
The Secret To Success

Once a young man asked the wise man, Socrates,  the secret to success. Socrates patiently listened to the man’s question and told him to meet him near the river the next morning for the answer. The next morning Socrates asked the young man to walk with him towards the river. As they went in the river  the water got up to their neck. But to the young man’s surprise Socrates ducked him into the water.

The young man struggled to get out of the water, but Socrates was strong and kept him there until the boy started turning blue. Socrates pulled the man’s head out of the water. The young man gasps and took a deep breath of air. Socrates asked, ‘What did you want the most when your head was in the water?” The young man replied, “Air.” Socrates said, “That is the secret to success. When you want success as badly as you wanted the air while you were in the water, then you will get it. There is no other secret.”

Moral of the story:

A burning desire is the starting point of all accomplishment. Just like a small fire cannot give much heat, a weak desire cannot produce great results.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 24-8-2020 08:08 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Soar Like An Eagle

Did you know that an eagle can foresee when a storm is approaching long before it breaks?

Instead of hiding, the eagle will fly to some high point and wait for the winds to come.

When the storm hits, it sets its wings so that the wind can pick it up and lift it above the storm. While the storm rages below, the eagle soars above it.

The eagle does not escape or hide from the storm instead it  uses the storm to lift it higher. It rises on the stormy winds which others dread.

When the storm of life or challenges hit us, we can rise above them and soar like the eagle which ride the winds of the storm. Don’t be afraid of the storms or the challenges in your life. Use it to lift you higher in your life.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 24-8-2020 09:01 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Seorang wanita melihat seekor ular terbakar  dan memutuskan untuk mengeluarkannya dari api..Ketika dia melakukannya, ular itu menggigitnya sehingga menyebabkan rasa sakit yang luar biasa.  Wanita itu menjatuhkan ular itu, dan reptil itu jatuh kembali ke dalam api.

Jadi, wanita itu melihat sekeliling dan menemukan sebuah tiang logam dan menggunakannya untuk mengeluarkan ular itu dari api, menyelamatkan nyawanya.

Seseorang yang melihat mendekati wanita itu  berkata, "Ular itu menggigitmu. Mengapa Anda masih mencoba untuk menyelamatkannya? "

Wanita itu menjawab: "Sifat ular adalah menggigit, tetapi itu tidak akan mengubah sifat saya yang suka menolong."

Jangan mengubah sifat Anda hanya karena seseorang membenci dan membahayakan Anda.  Jangan kehilangan hatimu yang baik, hanya karena mereka yang berhati busuk, tetapi belajarlah untuk mengambil tindakan pencegahan.

Jadilah bijak saat kebaikan mu dinilai salah dan dibalas dengan kelicikan
Walau dunia tidak melihat,
Ada Tuhan yang akan membalas

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 5-9-2020 01:23 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
People have been coming to the wise man, complaining about the same problems every time.

One day he told them a joke and everyone roared in laughter.

After a couple of minutes, he told them the same joke and only a few of them smiled.

When he told the same joke for the third time no one laughed anymore.

The wise man smiled and said:
“You can’t laugh at the same joke over and over. So why are you always crying about the same problem?”

Moral of the story:
Worrying won’t solve your problems, it’ll just waste your time and energy.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Category: Cinta & Perhubungan

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 04:22 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.057898 second(s), 40 queries .