CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 2843|Reply: 19

Tretinoin

[Copy link]
Post time 25-12-2020 03:46 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts |Read mode
Siapa disini yang pakai tretinoin? Boleh kongsi kalau ada apa2 side effects? Terima kasih

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 25-12-2020 08:25 PM | Show all posts
ubat yg really strong, jika untuk acne, hanya acne vulgaris yg out of control.
perlu diprescribe oleh dermatologist sahaja
boleh sebabkan kecacatan pada janin
tidak boleh pregnant sampailah 6bulan selepas stop mengambilnya; di US rasanya, selepas 1 thn.

ia adalah deriavtives dari Vit A dan ianya boleh menjadi toxic jika berlebihan

kenapa awak perlu ambil ubat yg very strong ini? kena ingat that vitamin A dan derivatives nya adalah toxic jika berlebihan.. tidak macam Vit C ke etc.

dont take what u shouldnt take or for disease that other meds boleh diguna. kena be aware that  tretinoin ni kekadang kita guna untuk treat acute leukaemia. it is that strong

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 26-12-2020 11:34 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Memang betul tretinoin is for acne tetapi Tretinoin is the gold standard for anti-Aging from what I’ve read. It’s prescription only in countries mcm UK, US etc. Surprisingly di Malaysia tretinoin tidak perlu ada script untuk beli. The big pharmacies actually jual tretinoin. Tretinoin has been studied heavily and researched. Banyak orang pakai tretinoin dapat results yang memuaskan but it’s really not for the faint hearted as result can only be seen after at last 6 bulan. Ada orang experience purging ada yang tidak.  Interesting tretinoin is used to treat acute leukemia. Thanks! Saya akan buat research lagi sebelum menggunakannya

Use magic Report

Post time 6-1-2021 08:24 PM | Show all posts
If  i'm not mistaken only dermatologist can prescribed this  meds. I personally on this medication and this is actually my third time on this meds. Kalau acne you yang ada pus dan senang hilang, I don't think you should take this, antibiotics should be good enough.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 6-1-2021 09:02 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
lonely_classic replied at 6-1-2021 08:24 PM
If  i'm not mistaken only dermatologist can prescribed this  meds. I personally on this medication a ...

Tretinoin is not only for acne prone users but it’s the holy grail / gold standard for anti Aging actually. I memang nak pakai for anti Aging / discolouration / hyperpigmentation.

Actually Antibiotics is not recommended for acne

https://www.dermatologytimes.com/view/avoid-antibiotics-acne-treatment-when-possible

It’s a good thing you’re on tretinoin! You will have almost flawless skin and look younger than the rest of your peers  you should join tretinoin group on Facebook

Use magic Report

Post time 16-1-2021 08:37 AM | Show all posts
rookiecake replied at 26-12-2020 11:34 PM
Memang betul tretinoin is for acne tetapi Tretinoin is the gold standard for anti-Aging from what I ...

yes, tetapi perlu diingat bahawa beberapa vitamins, jika too much dalam badan, ianya merbahaya eg Vit A dan Vit D (membawa kepada Hypervitaminosis A, Hypervitaminosis D etc).

dan paling utama, ialah, tretinoin mempunya issue yg besar tentang side-effects nya, hinggakan di negara2 maju, penggunaannya sgt di pantau. ianya hanya boleh didapati melalui prescription oleh doctors.

dan sy sebut diatas, utk melambangkan how potent tretinoin is sehinggakan ianya pernah diguna untuk leukaemia (sekali lagi sy ulang, ini utk menunjukkan betapa strongnya ubat dari derivatives ini). hati2; not worth to get a good skin jika dapat pelbagai issues lain kerana nya

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 16-1-2021 08:47 AM | Show all posts
rookiecake replied at 6-1-2021 09:02 PM
Tretinoin is not only for acne prone users but it’s the holy grail / gold standard for anti Aging ...

i am not familiar with some of the concepts that u are putting forward. especially about the use of antibiotics etc.. and also regarding the use of this Vit A derivatives. no medication is a ''holy grail' for anything. do not be over reliant on meds for beautification, ''flawless skin'' etc. not worth it is one, absolutely unethical is another, and often for doctors this brings to loss of licensing etc.

almost no doctors will say what you said about AB and Acne.

read some simple stuff below:

----
  • include skin discoloration and minor skin irritation.
  • Dapsone. Dapsone (Aczone) 5% gel twice daily is recommended for inflammatory acne, especially in women with acne. Side effects include redness and dryness.
Evidence is not strong in support of using zinc, sulfur, nicotinamide, resorcinol, sulfacetamide sodium or aluminum chloride in topical treatments for acne.
Oral medications
  • Antibiotics. For moderate to severe acne, you may need oral antibiotics to reduce bacteria. Usually the first choice for treating acne is a tetracycline (minocycline, doxycycline) or a macrolide (erythromycin, azithromycin). A macrolide might be an option for people who can't take tetracyclines, including pregnant women and children under 8 years old.
    Oral antibiotics should be used for the shortest time possible to prevent antibiotic resistance. And they should be combined with other drugs, such as benzoyl peroxide, to reduce the risk of developing antibiotic resistance.
    Severe side effects from the use of antibiotics to treat acne are uncommon. These drugs do increase your skin's sun sensitivity.
  • Combined oral contraceptives. Four combined oral contraceptives are approved by the FDA for acne therapy in women who also wish to use them for contraception. They are products that combine progestin and estrogen (Ortho Tri-Cyclen 21, Yaz, others). You may not see the benefit of this treatment for a few months, so using other acne medications with it for the first few weeks may help.

-----

• the effect of androgen hormones on the oil-producing glands. Possible side effects include breast tenderness and painful periods.
  • Isotretinoin. Isotretinoin (Amnesteem, Claravis, others) is a derivative of vitamin A. It may be prescribed for people whose moderate or severe acne hasn't responded to other treatments.
    Potential side effects of oral isotretinoin include inflammatory bowel disease, depression and severe birth defects. All people receiving isotretinoin must participate in an FDA-approved risk management program. And they'll need to see their doctors regularly to monitor for side effects.

Therapies
For some people, the following therapies might be helpful, either alone or in combination with medications.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 17-1-2021 04:32 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by rookiecake at 17-1-2021 07:33 PM
ipes2 replied at 16-1-2021 08:47 AM
i am not familiar with some of the concepts that u are putting forward. especially about the use o ...

Re antibiotics, i don’t deny antibiotics are helpful when you have moderate to severe acne. But some dermatologists prefer not to prescribe antibiotics for acne. It really depends on your dermatologist you are seeing.

With regards to tretinoin, i think it’s important to highlight that I’m talking about the topical product (gel/cream) I am not worried about the side effects at all since extensive studies have been done. It’s important not to use tretinoin when you’re pregnant or breastfeeding though. Holy grail tu pada saya is that it’s the gold standard for anti-aging which simply means only a few products in the market with long term clinical studies that can rival the results of tretinoin. I’m quoting doktor2 pakar kulit. Saya dapat info daripada scientists, dermatologists dan pengguna2 yang sudah memakai  tretinoin lebih dari 10 tahun. When you talk about liver damage, i think it’s largely referring to oral intake as opposed to topical (tretinoin). In any case, I get where you’re coming from and thank you for your kind concerns.

https://youtu.be/DdmfvtKuJuQ
https://youtu.be/fZoW5j0qn0s
https://youtu.be/2u0LMFeWQAc
https://youtu.be/fZoW5j0qn0s
https://youtu.be/PEL4f7zTx28

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2699641/

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 18-1-2021 01:06 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
i tak pakai tret tapi retinoid sebab kulit sensitip..i experienced extreme dryness on second and third weeks sampai kena tukar mosturizer yang lebih occlusive dan tambah face oil but lucikly no purging

Use magic Report

Post time 18-1-2021 01:55 AM | Show all posts
rookiecake replied at 17-1-2021 04:32 PM
Re antibiotics, i don’t deny antibiotics are helpful when you have moderate to severe acne. B ...

while i agree that adapalene cream has the FDA approval for moderate to severe acne, but your point of argument here is not that. no one with medical knowledge will argue the efficacy of retinoids for several serious skin conditions. and yes, tretinoin has effects on photoaged skin, we know this; these are not the points we discuss here. my point of discussion is laid out in the 4th paragraph below.
you are quoting an old review article of 2006 written by the main contributors from institutions in India and the first 3 authors are from India were pahrmaceutical in their leaning; only the 2 german collaborators are dermatological in their orientation. also, this was a review article, of opinion; this was not a research paper. you have to understand the difference. also this journal has an impact factor of 2.6 (cf NEJM impact factor of 74.7).

retinoids are a very potent treatment for acne; we use them for severe acne especially the subtypes with scarring potential etc, this is undisputed. we know them well. we know they work. however, retinoids are reserved for when other treatment are no longer working, because of it potential to damage other system, especially causing birth defects, depression and  liver damage.. not to mention its potential for causing side effects on skin: ''...[size=15.9991px]Although retinoids show promise in the treatment of skin aging, irritant reactions such as burning, scaling or dermatitis associated with retinoid therapy limit their acceptance by patients. This problem is more prominent with tretinoin and tazarotene[size=15.9991px] ..'' This is higlighted in the abstract of the very journal that you linked up to above.

And also, why would one try to advertise for side-effect laden medicines for ''flawless'' skin, for the benefit of beautification? do you have financial interest in doing this? ie are you trying to promote something that could be dangerous, while there are alternatives? for cosmesis and cosmetic outcome and beautification, there are so many other layers of treatment / approach that one can take, other than this tertinoin and its derivatives. one should consider side-effects and pros and cons before advocting treatment for one's patients.

there are mulitple other pubmed listings from NIH that could be pasted here but that wouldnt change the argments above. retinoids are proven for severe acne, psoriasis and their topical applications esp tretinoin have influence on photoaged skin, but these have to be weight with its side effects and the group that normally uses them: young women ie of childbearing aged.. how many already out there give birth to kids with various defects because of using these unjudiciously. we have to be responsible with what we advocate for.
---------------------------

Do topical retinoids have any side effects?
Topical retinoids can irritate the skin, especially when first used in people with sensitive skin, resulting in stinging. Excessive use results in redness, swelling, peeling and blistering in treated areas. It may cause or aggravate eczema, particularly atopic dermatitis.
By peeling off the top layer of skin, they may increase the chance of sunburn. Irritation may also be aggravated by exposure to wind or cold, use of soaps and cleansers, astringents, peeling agents and certain cosmetics.
Some people have reported a flare of acne in the first few weeks of treatment, which usually settles with continued use.
Retinoids taken by mouth may cause birth deformities. Manufacturers recommend that topical retinoids are not used in pregnancy or breastfeeding

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-1-2021 07:00 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
MeghanK replied at 18-1-2021 01:06 AM
i tak pakai tret tapi retinoid sebab kulit sensitip..i experienced extreme dryness on second and thi ...

What’s the name of the cream/gel you pakai?. Retinoid will definitely cause dryness but the important thing is to ensure you use the right type of moisturiser. You use moisturiser apa sis? Usually to minimise dry skin and protect your skin barrier, it’s best to apply moisturiser dulu, let it dry and then baru apply the product. Best betul tak ada purging! I bet kulit you licin.  you ada join any skincare group on FB atau IG tak?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-1-2021 07:15 AM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
ipes2 replied at 18-1-2021 01:55 AM
while i agree that adapalene cream has the FDA approval for moderate to severe acne, but your poin ...

Can you post the source? Thank you.

Actually I’m not sure what your main point is? My main point is tretinoin has been studied heavily in clinical settings. Obviously one should not use tretinoin (Not only tretinoin but salicylic acid etc - this is to err on the safe side obviously since student haven’t done on human) when one is pregnant or breastfeeding which I think is common sense. The warning is clearly stated on the packaging itself. Other than that, tretinoin is very safe and should be used under the direction of your dermatologist.

https://labmuffin.com/routine-starting-tretinoin-retin-cream/
https://youtu.be/GLfiGlnwdhk

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time 18-1-2021 12:21 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by MeghanK at 18-1-2021 12:22 PM
rookiecake replied at 18-1-2021 07:00 AM
What’s the name of the cream/gel you pakai?. Retinoid will definitely cause dryness but the impor ...

i pakai adapalen gel sebab takyah surat doc bagai..senang nak beli

i memang sandwich 2 different mosturizer at 1 routine..masa kulit kering tu i tukar mosturizer for dry skin tambah face oil..now dah ok, routine macam biasa after mosturizer apply adapalene je..i takde follow mana2 group..just follow dermatologist kat ig

mosturizer i pakai kiehls gel cream..masa kulit kering tu pakai cerave cream + squalane oil..now dah ok i pakai kiehls balik

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-1-2021 01:15 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by rookiecake at 18-1-2021 01:17 PM
MeghanK replied at 18-1-2021 12:21 PM
i pakai adapalen gel sebab takyah surat doc bagai..senang nak beli

i memang sandwich 2 differ ...

Actually you boleh beli tretinoin dari Watsons / Guardian / AA pharmacy. I pun tak tahu until i joined Tretinoin-Retin A group di Facebook. This mat salleh in the FB group ckp dia borong 10 tubes of tretinoin bila dia vacation di KL sebab di US mahal sangat. Yang kita orang sini pun tak tahu harga pun tak mahal ranging from RM15-49. Tapi kalau your skin da serasi dengan adapelene then stick to it.

I sebenarnya malas da nak ikut 10 steps Korean routine. Nak jimat duit pakai tretinoin and moisturiser and toner cukup  terima kasih share routine u!

Use magic Report

Post time 18-1-2021 01:32 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
rookiecake replied at 18-1-2021 01:15 PM
Actually you boleh beli tretinoin dari Watsons / Guardian / AA pharmacy. I pun tak tahu until i  ...

i pernah pegi cari kat guardian tapi dia mintak surat doc then i try pegi farmasi rumah i, dorang jual tak payah surat..

skin i tak serasi dengan korean 10 step dan i pon rasa tak cukup masa nak prep segala so i just stick to normal routine which is paling penting mosturizer dan sunscreen tapi ada lah serum jugak i tambah..toner pon i pakai kalau rajin

boleh suggest tretinoin apa you pakai..nanti habis retinoid ni i nak try tret pulak

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-1-2021 02:17 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Edited by rookiecake at 20-1-2021 07:17 AM
MeghanK replied at 18-1-2021 01:32 PM
i pernah pegi cari kat guardian tapi dia mintak surat doc then i try pegi farmasi rumah i, dorang  ...

I setuju. Sunscreen sangat lah penting. I pakai SPF50++++ sebab I ada banyak sunspots. Muka I banyak hyperpigmentation, harap2 tretinoin boleh tolong. I pun pakai Azelaic acid and niacinamide jugak tapi results so far tak berapa memuaskan.

I think it depends farmasi mana you pergi yang minta skrip.

Boleh la join the FB group. Banyak tips from otai2 yang da pakai lebih daripada 20 tahun. Ada a few Malaysian jugak.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 18-1-2021 03:56 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
rookiecake replied at 18-1-2021 02:17 PM
I setuju. Sunscreen sangat lah penting. I pakai SPF50++++ sebab I ada banyak sunspots. Muka I bany ...

maybe u can add vit c before sunscreen..apa nama grup fb tu nak pegi check

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 18-1-2021 04:14 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
MeghanK replied at 18-1-2021 03:56 PM
maybe u can add vit c before sunscreen..apa nama grup fb tu nak pegi check

Ya I ingat pun nak add vitamin C. I PM you the group ya.

Use magic Report

Post time 18-1-2021 04:16 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
rookiecake replied at 18-1-2021 04:14 PM
Ya I ingat pun nak add vitamin C. I PM you the group ya.

ok can..thanksss

Use magic Report

Post time 20-1-2021 07:04 AM | Show all posts
rookiecake replied at 18-1-2021 07:15 AM
Can you post the source? Thank you.

Actually I’m not sure what your main point is? My main po ...

good, i feel abit better that you now agreed that tretinoin has to be used under the direction of Dermatologists (i was very sceptical when you said  surprisingly it can be obtained without a prescription in malaysia. any pharmacies that practice this will be reported and prosecuted, there are laws and statutes for that.
all in all, we shouldnt promote materials over the safety issues that the materials have

the source? do look them up; there are thousand research papers on this.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Category: Kesihatan

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

19-4-2024 09:54 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.134939 second(s), 54 queries .