Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: aenemy

Why Pork is Haram in Islam...

[Copy link]
Post time 14-1-2005 10:56 PM | Show all posts
Well it is all in mind.

And a law taken to the extreme.

Eventhough the jews also do not eat pork they seldom take the issue as far as the muslims.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 14-1-2005 11:03 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by nightlord at 13-1-2005 08:30 PM:
what is all this fuss about

Do you see people eating pork falling over dead.

Dont you know parasites and bacteria and virus is part of nature and inhabit all types of animals on the planet.

;) whatever
go on eating cats, dogs, foetus,monkey, monkey's brain, frogs etc.
you guys everthing. no wonder you get all terminal deseases like SARS,JE etc.

:puke::puke::puke:

Use magic Report

Post time 14-1-2005 11:10 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by ashna at 14-1-2005 11:03 PM:

;) whatever
go on eating cats, dogs, foetus,monkey, monkey's brain, frogs etc.
you guys everthing. no wonder you get all terminal deseases like SARS,JE etc.

:puke::puke::puke:

Who eating cats,dogs,foetus,monkey, monkey's brain, frogs etc???...

I thought this topic is about pork..what's with the other delicacies???

Use magic Report

Post time 15-1-2005 03:27 AM | Show all posts
Here's another view from a christian's, Ellen White....( http://www.ellenwhite.org/contra2.htm ), she also includes biblical referrences to this issue....check it out!!!

Contradictory Testimonies on Pork

Mrs. White frequently warned against pork:
Never should one morsel of swine's flesh be placed upon your table. (Testimonies, Vol. 2, p. 93)
What few are aware of is a testimony written in the late 1850's in which Mrs. White rebukes the Curtis family in Iowa for not eating pork. (Note: This testimony was written prior to Mrs. White's visit to the Jackson's health institute in New York).
If God requires His people to abstain from swine's flesh, He will convict them on the matter. He is just as willing to show His honest children their duty, as to show their duty to individuals upon whom He has not laid the burden of His work. If it is the duty of the church to abstain from swine's flesh, God will discover it to more than two or three. He will teach His church their duty. Testimonies Vol. 1, p. 206

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Analysis
A Testimony of God's Spirit?
Brother and sister Curtis studied their Bibles and came to the conclusion that eating pork was wrong. How does Mrs. White respond? Does she congratulate them for their good, scholarly Bible study? What message does God have for them? Is God pleased that this family is ahead of their time in realizing the dangers of eating pork? Apparently not! Mrs. White soundly rebukes them! (You should read the entire harsh testimony on pages 204-209). Was it God's Spirit that led her to write this testimony? If brother Curtis's health practices were in accordance with God's health plans, why would God's messenger rebuke him?
H.E. Carver, an early Adventist who was friends with the Curtis family, shares what happened to this family:

Brother and Sister Curtis were among my most intimate friends for many years, and as we lived side by side a portion of the time, I knew some of the circumstances connected with the vision instruction given above. Sister Curtis was a very conscientious woman, and becoming satisfied (long before any movement was made in that direction by Eld. and Mrs. White) that pork-eating was injurious, she tried to banish it from the table. This produced trouble. Sister C. was a sincere believer in Mrs. White's divine inspiration, and from the extract given above, it appears that she must have written to her for instructions, which she received as above; and that professedly through vision. ... Bro. Curtis also stated that Eld. White had endorsed on the back of the letter the following in substance:
" That you may know how we stand on this question, I would say that we have just put down a two hundred pound porker. "
(Mrs. E.G. White's Claims to Divine Inspiration Examined, 2nd edition, 1877)
Was God the source of Ellen White's testimonies? Or were others influencing her? Why the strong rebuke of this family? Could it be because James White had come out in favor of eating pork a few years earlier?

James White's article on pork
In 1850, James White wrote an article defending the eating of pork by Christians. Here is how he concludes the article:
Some of our good brethren have added "swine's flesh" to the catalogue of things forbidden by the Holy Ghost, and the apostles and elders assembled at Jerusalem. But we feel called upon to protest against such a course, as being contrary to the plain teaching of the holy scriptures. Shall we lay a greater "burden" on the disciples than seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and the holy apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ? God forbid. Their decision, being right, settled the question with them, and was a cause of rejoicing among the churches, and it should forever settle the question with us. --The Present Truth Vol. I., Nov., 1850. - No. 11., "Swine's Flesh"

Pork Causes Cancer and Leprosy?
To add to all the confusion about whether or not pork is proper for Christians to eat, Mrs. White claimed that pork caused various diseases, including leprosy and cancer:

God did not prohibit the Hebrews from eating swine's flesh merely to show his authority, but because it was not a proper article of food for man. It would fill the system with scrofula, and especially in that warm climate produce leprosy and disease of various kinds. (Healthful Living, p.183)
The eating of pork has produced scrofula, leprosy, and cancerous humors. Review and Herald, June 20, 1899.

Scientists now know that pigs do not carry leprosy. Therefore, it is impossible for them to transmit leprosy to humans. Here is confirmation from a veterinary scientist:
"As per our phone conversation of 15-Feb-93, swine are not a known host for Mycobacterium leprae, the cause of leprosy." (W.G. Van Alstine, DVM. PhD, Veterinary Pathologist, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, in a letter dated 18-Feb-93 to Robert K. Sanders)
Further confirmation that leprosy is not found in pigs:
3. "Infectious agent—Mycobacterium leprae, the leprosy (Hansen's) bacillus. Other than in man it has multiplied in the footpads of mice, in the tissues of immunosuppressed rodents, and in the armadillo. 4. Reservoir— Man is the only known reservoir." Control of Communicable Diseases in Man, A. S. Benenson, pp. 175,176.
Mrs. White was closer to being accurate when it comes to pork causing cancer. Heavy pork eating does raise the chances of a person developing certain types of cancers. However, the cause is not the one suggested by Mrs. White. It is a myth to suppose that eating cancerous meat causes cancer in humans. Even when injected with live cancerous organisms, laboratory animals do not develop cancers:

It is true that many varieties of germs, molds, and microscopic parasites can often be cultivated from various kinds of tumors, but when these microscopic organisms are injected into animals they fail to cause any cancerous or other tumors to grow. (Doctors Don't Believe It--Why Should You?, p. 266)
Dr. Gregory Hunt, in his book Beware This Cult, explains, "If they fail to cause cancer when injected, they won't when ingested."

Allah Knows Best,Peace Yall....

Use magic Report

Post time 15-1-2005 03:34 AM | Show all posts
Here's Cameron Diaz the famous actress view about pork eating....
( http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_539718.html ) .....

Diaz says eating pork would be 'like eating her niece'

Cameron Diaz has given up eating pork - saying it would be "like eating my niece".

She says she stopped when she was told pigs have the same mental capacity as a three-year-old.

The Charlie's Angels star said bacon had been her favourite hangover cure.

She told the American edition of Esquire: "I thought 'Oh my God, it's like eating my niece'."

The 29-year-old, who provided the voice for Princess Fiona in hit children's movie Shrek, has become a full-scale vegetarian, as well as giving up caffeine and smoking.

She told the magazine she was most missing smoking hand-rolled cigarettes.

"You don't inhale every time," she said.

"It was like a lovely meditation. I'm sure I'll take it up again sometime."

And she told how she had been robbed while filming in Rome for Martin Scorsese's Gangs Of New York, which ironically is about crime in middle-Victorian New York's notorious Five Points area.

"They busted the safe out of my closet and got my passport and cash, my computer and my leather jackets," she said.

"I started running after them, chasing them down these stairwells. I ran all the way outside but lost them.

"I was white from adrenaline. My family's house was robbed when I was young. So this time I thought there was something I could do about it."

:hmm: :hmm:

Allah Knows Best,Peace Yall....

Use magic Report

jacko This user has been deleted
Post time 15-1-2005 03:51 AM | Show all posts
Why questioning people who doesnt eat pork? Why they eat or why they dont eat, each individual have to respect.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

25-4-2024 04:45 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.072710 second(s), 28 queries .