ADVERTISEMENT

Author: aenemy

Why Pork is Haram in Islam...

[Copy link]
Post time 28-11-2004 03:47 AM | Show all posts
This Q&A was taken from;

http://www.islamonline.net/fatwa ... .asp?hFatwaID=72346

Here are the copy;

Title of Fatwa: Pork Is Forbidden: But Why?   
Date of Fatwa:  30/ September/ 2003   
Date of Reply :30/ September/ 2003   
Topic Of Fatwa:  Food   
Question of Fatwa:

Dear scholars of Islam, as-Salamu `alaykum! I would like to know why eating pork is prohibited in Islam, despite the fact that some people claim that pigs are very useful, especially when compared to the slow rate of energy conversion to flesh (7% only) whereas the rate of pig’s conversion to flesh is 20%? I just want to know the wisdom behind the prohibition of pork in Islam. Jazakum Allah Khayran!   
Name of Mufti A Group of Islamic Researchers   
Content of Reply Wa `alaykum As-Salamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear brother in Islam, thank you very much for having confidence in us and we implore Allah to guide us all to the best and to direct you to that which pleases Him, Amen.

As regards your question, we’d like to make it clear that every committed Muslim should accept Allah’s Commands willingly, even without realizing the wisdom behind the Divine rule in question. If man manages to realize the wisdom behind certain prohibited things, it is well and good. If his mind lacks comprehending that Divine Wisdom, then he should accept the truth as it is, keeping in mind that Allah Almighty is the Omniscient of that which is beneficial to His Creatures.

When Allah Almighty prohibits something for His servants, He does so certainly out of His overflowing mercy on them, to save them from all what may bring them harm; He is indeed Ever-Kind and Most Glorious!

As regards the reason why eating pork is prohibited, we’d like to cite for the words of Dr. Zakir Naik, the president of Islamic Research Foundation, Mumbai. He states the following:

“The fact that consumption of pork is prohibited in Islam is well known. The following points explain various aspects of this prohibition:

1. Pork prohibited in the Qur’an:

The Qur’an prohibits the consumption of pork in no less than 4 different places. It’s prohibited in 2:173, 5:3, 6:145 and 16:115. For instance, Allah says: “Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked a name other than that of Allah.” (Al-Ma’idah: 3)

The above verses of the Glorious Qur’an are sufficient to satisfy a Muslim as to why pork is forbidden.

2. Pork prohibited in the Bible:

Addressing the Christian who is likely to be convinced by his religious scriptures, the Bible prohibits the consumption of pork, in the book of Leviticus: “…and the swine, as he divideth the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch, they are unclean to you.” (Leviticus chapter 11 verse 7 and 8)

Pork is also prohibited in the book of Deuteronomy: “And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you. Ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcass.” (Deuteronomy chapter 14 verse 8)

A similar prohibition is repeated in the book of Isaiah chapter 65 verse 2-5.

3. Consumption of pork causes several diseases:

The other non-Muslims and atheists will agree only if convinced through reason, logic and science. Eating of pork can cause no less than seventy different types of diseases.

A person can have various helminthes, like roundworm, pinworm, hookworm, etc. One of the most dangerous is Taenia Solium, which in a layman’s terminology is called tapeworm. It harbors in the intestine and is very long. Its ova, i.e. eggs, enter the blood stream and can reach almost all the organs of the body. If it enters the brain it can cause memory loss. If it enters the heart it can cause heart attack and if it enters the eye it can cause blindness. If it enters the liver it can cause liver damage. It can damage almost all the organs of the body.

Another dangerous helminthes is Taenia Trichuriasis. A common misconception about pork is that if it is cooked well, these ova die. In a research project undertaken in America, it was found that out of twenty-four people suffering from Taenia tichurasis, twenty two had cooked the pork very well. This indicates that the ovas present in the pork do not die under normal cooking temperature.

4. Pork has fat building material:

Pork has very little muscle building material and contains excess of fat. This fat gets deposited in the vessels and can cause hypertension and heart attack.

5. The pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth:

The pig is one of the filthiest animals on earth. It lives and thrives on muck, filth and dirt. In the villages they don’t have modern toilets and the villagers excrete in the open air. Very often excreta are cleared by pigs.

Some may argue that in advanced countries like Australia, pigs are bred in very clean and hygienic conditions. Even in these hygienic conditions the pigs are kept together in sties. No matter how hard you try to keep them clean they are filthy by nature. They eat and enjoy their own as well as their neighbor’s excreta. ”

Allah Almighty knows best.

Peace Yall.....

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 28-11-2004 09:20 AM | Show all posts
aenemy7, even pork consider unclean according to Bible why then u consumed prawn, oyster, kerang & etc. Do u know many peoples hve rashes, pimples and itchness even this things cook or boiled yet it carries toxin ?? how come muslims view it clean???

Use magic Report

Post time 28-11-2004 01:59 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Truth.8 at 2004-11-28 09:20 AM:
aenemy7, even pork consider unclean according to Bible why then u consumed prawn, oyster, kerang & etc. Do u know many peoples hve rashes, pimples and itchness even this things cook or boiled y ...

My reply:-

I consume seafoods but I still have smooth & clear skin.

Use magic Report

Post time 28-11-2004 02:57 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Baiduri Othman at  01:59 PM:

I consume seafoods but I still have smooth & clear skin.

do u take oyster, shrimp, kerang, sotong too?? it dosn't mean that u hve smooth benefiting frm that seafoods may be ur generation. if u keep on taking it, then u also hve many illness internal body.  My friend who is muslim same age with me but suffered lot  sickness such tired body, too slow in walking and etc. why?  Seafoods /or unhealty life style.

I seldom get sickness besided those flu & deman biasa. this is my weight & height : 180cm 74 kg 32-33 .....so u can see how fit am i with healty foods

p/s: even u hve smooth skin & clear but u over weight. so u hve to watch out those seafoods because it contains high colestrol. don't be like "cinta kolestrol" nanti susah nak jln & hve berhenti keja:lol

[ Last edited by Truth.8 on 28-11-2004 at 03:00 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 28-11-2004 05:46 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Truth.8 at 2004-11-28 02:57 PM:

do u take oyster, shrimp, kerang, sotong too?? it dosn't mean that u hve smooth benefiting frm that seafoods may be ur generation. if u keep on taking it, then u also hve many illness internal  ...

Well, if you eat the right foods plus well-balanced diet, then it shd be okay. In fact, I have low cholestrol eventhough I consume fish & seafoods. BTW, tgh promote nak cari pasangan ke ni? :lol

Use magic Report

KENNKID This user has been deleted
Post time 28-11-2004 05:51 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Baiduri Othman at 2004-11-28 05:46 PM:

Well, if you eat the right foods plus well-balanced diet, then it shd be okay. In fact, I have low cholestrol eventhough I consume fish & seafoods. BTW, tgh promote nak cari p ...

Nanti dia dapat bini, kesian bini dier. Makan kayu & batu sajer..:lol

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 28-11-2004 05:57 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by KENNKID at 2004-11-28 05:51 PM:

lollol Dia tgh promote tu. Tu lah describe weight dia sekali. Apasal tak paste gambar sekali kat sini?

Use magic Report

KENNKID This user has been deleted
Post time 28-11-2004 06:01 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Baiduri Othman at 2004-11-28 05:57 PM:

lollol Dia tgh promote tu. Tu lah describe weight dia sekali. Apasal tak paste gambar sekali kat sini?

Tengok tengok gemuk gedempol...heheh.:lol rupernyer weight yg dia kasi tu dalam tons..bukan kg :lol

[ Last edited by KENNKID on 28-11-2004 at 06:02 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 28-11-2004 06:07 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by KENNKID at 2004-11-28 06:01 PM:

Tengok tengok gemuk gedempol...heheh.:lol rupernyer weight yg dia kasi tu dalam tons..bukan kg :lol

[ Last edited by KENNKID  ...

Sahlah cinta cholestrol ni. :lol Tapi silap hb org yg suka bragging ni dpt pasangan gemuk gedempul. lol:lol

Use magic Report

Post time 28-11-2004 10:09 PM | Show all posts
4 ur kind info, me not fat or gemuk but i can easily put on weight compare to few yrs back i was fat and ugly. after accepting Christian, i beings to followed strick diet according to Bible. It works, i am fit now look younger too. Last yr when i celebrate my B'day, the owner of the resaurant did not believed my age and she claimed i look young .

that is the secret of Bible to look young, healty and etc.

as for jodoh, lots of girl interested in me infact ada janda berhias (kaya) interested but me not gigolo, ok.

cheers

Use magic Report

Post time 29-11-2004 01:36 AM | Show all posts
Lots of people eat pork but are very healthy with clear skin too.
But you don't find people eating pork and having rashes after that like when they ate seafood without gills.
This means that the quran is in error as far as toxicology is concerned.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-11-2004 02:40 AM | Show all posts
once again...the worst has not come yet Debmey,it will occur from time to time until the end of time....just wait debmey!:lol :lol :lol

Allah know's best...
peace yall....

Use magic Report

Post time 29-11-2004 03:58 AM | Show all posts
in the meantime, i have already proven quran and muslim claims to it to be illogical.

if you insist on beleiveing in lies, its for fault.

Use magic Report

me This user has been deleted
Post time 29-11-2004 01:37 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by aenemy7 at 29-11-2004 02:40 AM:
once again...the worst has not come yet Debmey,it will occur from time to time until the end of time....just wait debmey!:lol :lol :lol

Allah know's best...
peace yall....

oh you mean this...

Use magic Report

Post time 29-11-2004 05:50 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by KENNKID at  05:51 PM:

at least i am used of eating accordingly Bible saying. In long run, i benefit a lots such as not admiting to hospital and etc. Even if happened darurat, i still can survive because the food control. not like u, semua seafoods bantai. kalau darurat ....macam mana u handle? time will tell

[ Last edited by Truth.8 on 29-11-2004 at 08:12 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 30-11-2004 01:06 AM | Show all posts
:lol :lol :lol

Allah Know's Best...
Peace Yall...

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

me This user has been deleted
Post time 30-11-2004 08:19 AM | Show all posts
long live the pork...

Use magic Report

Post time 30-11-2004 10:47 PM | Show all posts
Whatever.....

Use magic Report

Post time 2-12-2004 10:37 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by me at 30-11-2004 08:19 AM:
long live the pork...

Oh yes...

I just had a really delicious juicy pork chop on my way back home...;)

Use magic Report

Post time 16-12-2004 08:46 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by me at 17-11-2004 07:16 AM:
hell yeah...long live 'cha siu pau'...

:lol

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

18-4-2024 11:27 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.086458 second(s), 42 queries .