Register

ADVERTISEMENT

123Next
Return to list New
View: 9502|Reply: 55

why Islam forbids alcohol?

[Copy link]
Post time 25-11-2004 03:00 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
A man was once asked why he did not drink, and he replied, 'By God, I am not happy with my mind when it is sound, so why should I corrupt it even further?' - The Seventy-seven Branches of Faith - Imam Al-Bayhaqi, The Quillian Press - (1996, ISBN 1 872038 03 4) - Page 31
Alcohol is detrimental to your health especially your liver. Alcohol befogs the mind and prevents rational thinking. Alcohol causes road accidents and innocent lives lost. Alcohol increases the occurance of domestic violence. Alcohol addiction causes financial ruin.

The Holy Quran, 2.219: They ask thee concerning wine and gambling. Say: "In them is great sin, and some profit, for men; but the sin is greater than the profit." They ask thee how much they are to spend; Say: "What is beyond your needs." Thus doth Allah Make clear to you His Signs: In order
that ye may consider.

The Holy Quran, 5.90: O ye who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, (dedication of) stones, and (divination by) arrows, are an abomination,- of Satan's handwork: eschew such (abomination), that ye may prosper.

The Holy Quran, 5.91: Satan's plan is (but) to excite enmity and hatred between you, with intoxicants and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of Allah, and from prayer: will ye not then abstain?

Many of grow up in societies where drinking is second nature to most people. Alcohol is staple in some societies, among an increasing number of people. It is also becoming an irreplaceable component of "having fun" and partying. No get together seems complete without alcohol. Tequila shots over the bar counter, vodka and vodka lime for beginners.

"Let's go have fun tonight" is being replaced by "Let's go get pissed drunk tonight."

It can be difficult to deal with an environment where peer pressure is overpowering - which is almost always is. But consider this: Drunk people embarrass themselves in public and in front of friends. They have little control their actions or their words. One friend of mine nearly died because he walked onto a busy street in his drunken stupor. Another friend was raped by her boyfriend while she was asleep/hungover.

You have a million reasons to stop drinking - not just for yourself but for your friends and family...and especially the innocent stranger who might get hurt by your actions during a drunken stupor. You'll feel healthier - it's a guarantee and you'll save money to do other cool stuff.

God gives us instructions because He is All Knowing. Everything in Islam has a practical and healthy reason behind it..some of which we are aware of and others we're not but they're for our own good. God says in the Holy Quran - there is some good in alcohol but the bad outweighs the good.
this article was taken from http://www.themodernreligion.com/index2.html  , u can also browse more links about alcohol in this websites...

Allah Knows Best...
Peace yall...........

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

me This user has been deleted
Post time 25-11-2004 08:36 AM | Show all posts
why there's muslims that drinks alcohol???

Use magic Report

Post time 25-11-2004 09:16 AM | Show all posts
non-compliance ...

do all malaysians follow the constitution?

Use magic Report

Post time 25-11-2004 09:34 AM | Show all posts
I don't know why ... but it seems to me that you guys in state of confusion. A lot of threads are repeat of the same story ... and some veterans (like Kenkidd and truth.8) seems to be losing the fights before they even begin.

What going on guys? It's like some power have took hold of your minds and closed half your debating skills in process just to shut you guys up. :stp:

What? You guys get notice from the government to shut the hell up? Or maybe from the Admin or Moderators perhaps? :stp:

Or maybe you guys still in Raya mood and planning for a full scale invasion after the Raya is over? :stp:

Use magic Report

Post time 25-11-2004 09:40 AM | Show all posts
more posts means more credits...

Use magic Report

KENNKID This user has been deleted
Post time 25-11-2004 10:56 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Sephiroth at 2004-11-25 09:34 AM:
I don't know why ... but it seems to me that you guys in state of confusion. A lot of threads are repeat of the same story ... and some veterans (like Kenkidd and truth.8) seems to be losing the fi ...

Sorry lady. Yes, I have not been responding to you especially, because somehow... I prefer to settle scores/discuss topics that touch on matters relevant to the Abrahamaic faith ... with those within that circle (or those who claim to be monotheistically so) . ;)...sorry, no offence intended.

[ Last edited by KENNKID on 25-11-2004 at 10:58 AM ]

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 25-11-2004 11:23 AM | Show all posts
by KENNKID

Sorry lady. Yes, I have not been responding to you especially, because somehow... I prefer to settle scores/discuss topics that touch on matters relevant to the Abrahamaic faith ... with those within that circle (or those who claim to be monotheistically so) . ...sorry, no offence intended.

I wasn't referring to why no one speaking to me (which I don't care much for either way), what I meant was, why so many of you look like you have no spirit to fight anymore.

Raya mood? Everything slow down too much?

Use magic Report

KENNKID This user has been deleted
Post time 25-11-2004 01:29 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Sephiroth at 2004-11-25 11:23 AM:
I wasn't referring to why no one speaking to me (which I don't care much for either way), what I meant was, why so many of you look like you have no spirit to fight anymore.

Raya mood? Everything slow down too much?

Maybe la...still raya mood :ah:

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 27-11-2004 01:14 AM | Show all posts
So why does Allah promote alcohol in heaven?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 27-11-2004 01:54 AM | Show all posts
Alcohol in heaven is not like alcohol in the world(unimaginable),alcohol in this world can make human go drunk and do something stupid! i also cannot explained how's heaven "alcohol" will be!!!.....but one thing for sure, alcohol in heaven will not make us drunk or whatever!!!!

Allah Know's Best...
Peace Yall.....

Use magic Report

Post time 27-11-2004 09:11 AM | Show all posts
al穋o穐ol   Audio pronunciation of "alcohol" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (lk-h鬺, -hl)
n.

1. A colorless volatile flammable liquid, C2H5OH, synthesized or obtained by fermentation of sugars and starches and widely used, either pure or denatured, as a solvent and in drugs, cleaning solutions, explosives, and intoxicating beverages. Also called ethanol, ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol.
   2. Intoxicating liquor containing alcohol.
   3. Any of a series of hydroxyl compounds, the simplest of which are derived from saturated hydrocarbons, have the general formula CnH2n+1OH, and include ethanol and methanol.

next time remind me when alcohol taste like blueberry syrup...

Use magic Report

Post time 28-11-2004 12:10 AM | Show all posts
There is nothing in islamic literature to say that alcohol in heaven is diffrenet from earth. none whatsoever. aenemy7 just dreams up islam as he goes along.

cheers

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-11-2004 01:00 AM | Show all posts
Heeheheee that's for sure Debmey, everything in heaven is "heavenly perfect".....perfect!!!! :lol

Allah know's best..
Peace yall...

Use magic Report

Post time 28-11-2004 01:03 AM | Show all posts
perfect intoxication, perfect prostitution and perfect haram.
I dunno what kinda heaven you muslims invent.

peace

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-11-2004 01:33 AM | Show all posts
a heavenly heaven Debmey...:lol  , not imaginable by words!!!

Allah Know's Best...
Peace Yall....

Use magic Report

Post time 28-11-2004 01:36 AM | Show all posts
Why would allah ban prostitution, alcohol and sodomy on earth while allowing it in heaven? Why the contradiction in behavior?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 28-11-2004 02:13 AM | Show all posts
:lol :lol :lol .......ur funny Debmey!!! by the way go to my thread under "Canon Of The Bible",look for urself how distorted your believes will be!!!

Allah Know's Best..
Peace Yall...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-11-2004 02:32 AM | Show all posts
This Q&A was taken from :

http://www.islamonline.net/askab ... sp?hquestionID=7095

Here are the copy of the Q&A;

Name: Ansaar-Afghanistan
Topic :Faith & Practice  
Title: Questions about Paradise  
Question:

I have some inquiries about what we are told on the Islamic perspective on Heaven or Paradise:
1. Is it true that out of every thousand people only one will attain Paradise? I read this on another Web site.
2. Will anyone who believes in a personal God achieve Paradise?
3. I read that all of them will get everything they desire, but what if some desire something that is not considered good in this life? I mean that generally they were good Muslims but there was this desire at the back of their mind.
4. Not everyone has the same desires, so will people get the same or different things? I mean to say if a man who doesn't have much sexual desire, will he be entitled to something other than houris?
5. Why don't we hear much about women's rewards? Will they be entitled to many boys/men?
I hope my questions don't seem too rhetorical or seem as if I'm making a judgment that I think I'm going to heaven. I just feel I want to know more with some details, as a lot of what I've read seem to be superficial and seem to generalize, while people are different. I have trouble believing some of what I read and this is a very good Web site, so I hope you will enlighten me.

Thank you very much.

Date  2004/8/24   

Name of Consultant :AAI Editorial Staff  

This answer was kindly provided by Brother Yahia Hamed, a member of Ask About Islam Editorial Staff.

Salam, Ansaar.

Thank you for your question.

It is mentioned in more than one hadith that out of every one thousand people only one will be able to enter Paradise.

Abu Sa`id (may Allah be pleased with him) reported:
Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: Allah, the High and Glorious, would say: O Adam! and he would say: At Your service, at Your beck and call, O Lord, and the good is in Your hand. Allah would say: Bring forth the group of (the denizens of) Fire. He [Adam] would ask: Who are the denizens of Hell? It would be said: They are out of every thousand, nine hundred and ninety-nine. He [the Prophet] said: It is at this juncture that every child would become white-haired. As the Qur’an says what means:
*{… and every pregnant one will drop her load, and you shall see mankind as in a drunken state, yet they will not be drunken, but severe will be the torment of Allah.}* (Al-Hajj 22:2)

He [the narrator] said: This had a very depressing effect upon them [upon the Companions of the Prophet] and they asked: Messenger of Allah, who among us would be [that fortunate] person [who would be admitted to Paradise]? He said: Good tidings for you, Gog and Magog would be those thousands [who would be the denizens of Hell] and a person [selected for Paradise] would be among you.

He [the narrator] further reported that he [Allah's Messenger, peace be upon him] again said: By Him in Whose hand is my life, I hope that you would constitute one-fourth of the inhabitants of Paradise. We extolled Allah and glorified [Him]. He [the Prophet] again said: By Him in whose Hand is my life, I wish you would constitute one-third of the inhabitants of Paradise. We extolled Allah and glorified [Him]. He [the Prophet] again said: By Him in Whose hand is my life, I hope that you would constitute half of the inhabitants of Paradise. Your likeness among the people is the likeness of a white hair on the skin of a black ox or a strip on the foreleg of an ass. (Reported by Muslim.)
So according to the previous hadith, nine hundred and ninety-nine out of every one thousand will be in fire, but Muslims do not need to be afraid from this as the Prophet (peace be upon him) said that Gog and Magog would represent the nine hundred and ninety-nine and he (peace be upon him) hoped that Muslims would represent half of the inhabitants of Paradise.

Answering your second question, anyone who says that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is His Messenger sincerely from his heart will not last in fire. The hadith says:
The Prophet said: If anyone testifies [sincerely from his heart] that there is no god but Allah, and that Muhammad is His Bondsman and His Messenger, Allah immunizes him from Hell. He [the narrator] then added: I asked the Messenger of Allah: Should I then give the tiding to the people? He [the Prophet] said: Do not tell them this good news, for they would depend on this alone. (Reported by Muslim.)
Your third and fourth questions are a bit similar. In Paradise, it is reported that everyone will get what they desire. Actually, I do not know what you mean by “something that is not considered good in this life” but if it is haram (prohibited) like wine, for example, in our earthly life, it will not be forbidden in Paradise, as God Almighty says in the Qur’an what means:
*{[Here is] a parable of the Garden which the righteous are promised: in it are rivers of water incorruptible; rivers of milk of which the taste never changes; rivers of wine, a joy to those who drink; and rivers of honey pure and clear. In it there are for them all kinds of fruits; and grace from their Lord. [Can those in such bliss] be compared to such as shall dwell forever in the Fire, and be given, to drink, boiling water, so that it cuts up their bowels [to pieces].}* (Muhammad 47:15)

Pleasures in Paradise are different and they are not the same, so everyone will get what he or she desires. For example, those who were not granted children in their lives can desire to have children in Paradise and they will get what they desire.

As for women and the blessings they will have in Paradise, it was stated that they would be prettier than houris, and except for men having houris in Paradise, both men and women are equal in the blessings they will enjoy. Regarding having more than one husband, no hadith has stated this whatsoever; it is against the nature of women and the modesty women enjoy.

I hope that answers your questions. Thank you again for your questions and please keep in touch.

Salam.

Allah Know's Best...
Peace Yall....

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 28-11-2004 02:41 AM | Show all posts
This Q&A was taken from;

http://www.islamonline.net/fatwa ... .asp?hFatwaID=34920

Here are the copy of the Q&A ;

Title of Fatwa: Why the Forbidden Is No more Forbidden in Paradise?   
Date of Fatwa : 18/ August/ 2003   
Date of Reply :18/ August/ 2003   
Topic Of Fatwa:  `Aqeedah (Islamic Creed)   
Question of Fatwa:

The majority of Christians think that our belief in Heaven is just to absorb ourselves in pleasure, to have as many concubines as we can and to drink alcohol, which Islam prohibits on earth. Please tell me how I can refute their claims. Jazakum Allahu Khayran.   
Name of Mufti Sheikh Muhammad Saleh Al-Munajjid   
Content of Reply In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear questioner, thank you very much for having confidence in us, and we hope our efforts, which are purely for Allah’s Sake, meet your expectations.

Allah has prepared for His believing servants in Paradise that which no eye has seen, no ear has heard and that has never even crossed the minds of men, to the extent that even the person who has the least blessings in Paradise will think that he is the most blessed among them.

Abu Sa`eed al-Khudri, may Allah be pleased with him, says that the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, says: "The lowest of people in status in Paradise will be a man whose face Allah turns away from the Fire towards Paradise, and shows him a tree giving shade. He will say, ‘O Lord, bring me closer to that tree so that I may be in its shade… Then he will enter his house (in Paradise) and his two wives from among Al-Hoor Al-`een will come in and say to him, ‘Praise be to Allah who brought you to life for us and brought us to life for you.’ Then he will say, ‘No one has been given what I have been given." (Reported by Muslim)

Referring to the previous point Allah Almighty says: "Therein are those of modest gaze, whom neither man nor jinn will have touched before them. Which is it, of the favors of your Lord that ye deny?” (Ar-Rahmaan: 56, 57)

In his response to the question, Sheikh Muhammad S. Al-Munajjid, a prominent Saudi Islamic lecturer and author, states the following:

“Before we answer the question on why Islam gives glad tidings of things in Paradise which are forbidden in this world, we must point out that Allah forbids whatever He wills in this world to His people, for He is the Creator and Sovereign of these things.

Therefore, it is not permissible for anyone to object to the ruling of Allah on the basis of his foolish thinking and imperfect understanding. The ruling and the decision of the matter, before and after, is only with Allah, and there is none who can overturn His ruling, may He be Glorified and Exalted.

Allah forbids certain things in this world, and in the Hereafter permits them as a reward for those who abstained from them (such as wine, wearing silk for men, etc). This is what Allah wills to give as a reward for those who obey Him and patiently strive in this world. Allah Almighty says: "Is the reward of goodness aught save goodness?

Use magic Report

Post time 29-11-2004 08:52 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by aenemy7 at 28-11-2004 01:00 AM:
Heeheheee that's for sure Debmey, everything in heaven is "heavenly perfect".....perfect!!!! :lol

Allah know's best..
Peace yall...

what about god...in the other thread you claim that god is not perfect...care to explain...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 10:13 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.083994 second(s), 46 queries .