CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

View: 14883|Reply: 102

MO was not illiterate as claimed by muslims

[Copy link]
Post time 9-1-2005 01:18 AM | Show all posts |Read mode
One of the most rediculous claim by muslims was that MO was illiterate and could not read and write.

And so under the miraculous guidance of Allah, he was instructed to memorise the verses revealed to him.

What utter BS.

Didnt anyone realise that MO made a living as a trader and businessman.

All traders and businessmen know how to read and write or they will not be able to do any business at all.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 9-1-2005 01:25 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by nightlord at 2005-1-9 01:18 AM:
One of the most rediculous claim by muslims was that MO was illiterate and could not read and write.

And so under the miraculous guidance of Allah, he was instructed to memorise the verses revea ...

My reply:-

What abt those Chinamen in the old days? They can't write & read too & yet they can become successful businessmen. You call that BULLSHITS??? Some people are gifted with good memories but not all people who talk bullshits on this forum.

Use magic Report

Post time 9-1-2005 07:18 AM | Show all posts
In those days, Arabs don't use digits, so how can Muhamad be illiterate and still read figures?

Use magic Report

Post time 9-1-2005 07:30 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 2005-1-9 07:18 AM:
In those days, Arabs don't use digits, so how can Muhamad be illiterate and still read figures?

So what's wrong if he can still read figures? That's the most impt. thing he shd know in trading even though he can't read & write the text.

Use magic Report

Post time 9-1-2005 08:58 AM | Show all posts
Being  illiterate does not mean that one cannot read digits. My mother is illiterate but she recognise spellings of names on letters and...yes she can read numbers although she gets confused with number 6 and 9.

Use magic Report

whitepig This user has been deleted
Post time 9-1-2005 10:48 AM | Show all posts
>>although she gets confused with number 6 and 9...<<

sometimes at night i get confused with these 2 numbers  also..

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 9-1-2005 11:56 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by nightlord at 9-1-2005 01:18 AM:

And so under the miraculous guidance of Allah, he was instructed to memorise the verses revea ...

so your basis is from your assumptions?? what an idiotic thinking.
;)
your post here is utter bullshit. i thought you;re going to present us a fact or something.

now please die!!

Use magic Report

misled_youth This user has been deleted
Post time 9-1-2005 01:31 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Baiduri Othman at 9-1-2005 01:25 AM:

What abt those Chinamen in the old days? They can't write & read too & yet they can become successful businessmen. You call that BULLSHITS??? Some people are gifted with g ...

Are you saying non-Chinamen cannot be businessman? Have a little faith in yourself. You sound so cynical for someone so young.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

KENNKID This user has been deleted
Post time 9-1-2005 04:54 PM | Show all posts

NIGHTLORD IS AS IGNORANT AS HIS LYING SOURCES

Some Arab Christian apologists falsely claim that Prophet Muhammad(Peace be upon him) was literate and even knew many languages. They base their falsehood on the interpolation of the word "umiyy" and claim that it stands for "non-Israelite" or "Gentile" and that it does not mean "illiterate".

One wonders why would Arab Christians make such a false claim? The answer is that in trying to prove that the Prophet Muhammad was not "illiterate", they would be achieving the following goal:

- the Prophet did know how to read and write, and hence   
did copy the Qur'鈔 from the previous Scriptures (the Torah and the Injil)

When it is presented to them that the word "umiyy" means "illiterate" in Arabic, and proof is available from the term "mahwo al-umiyyah", literally "erasing illiteracy" or "educating the illiterate adults", Arab Christians claim that this term is a late one that was developed but does not prove that the word "umiyy" means "illiterate".

This article will present, beyond a shadow of doubt, the truth behind the word "umiyy" and will prove that it stands for "illiterate" from within the Qur'鈔ic context itself since the critics tend to use the Qur'鈔 in their vain attempts to discredit the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him):

Pls read the article here. For the old-timers in this forum, this is from MENJ's website:

http://www.bismikaallahuma.org/Polemics/umiyy.htm

[ Last edited by KENNKID on 9-1-2005 at 05:01 PM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 9-1-2005 06:14 PM | Show all posts
Thats really illogical cos Arab numbers were written with alphabets back then.
If Mo can read alphabets, its not difficult to read other words.

He may not have been highly educated but strictly speaking, Mohamad could not have been illiterate.

Use magic Report

Post time 9-1-2005 06:32 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by whitepig at 9-1-2005 09:48 AM:
>>although she gets confused with number 6 and 9...<<

sometimes at night i get confused with these 2 numbers  also..

:cak::devil:

Use magic Report

Post time 9-1-2005 06:33 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 9-1-2005 05:14 PM:
Thats really illogical cos Arab numbers were written with alphabets back then.
If Mo can read alphabets, its not difficult to read other words.

He may not have been highly educated but strictly ...

:hmm: if i am not mistaken, the Arabs created the numerical figures, right?

e.g. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and so on............

Use magic Report

Post time 9-1-2005 07:03 PM | Show all posts
Wrong on two fronts.
1. Digits and zeros not invented by Arabs but by Indians. Middle East was in between India and Europe, the Arabs merely passed it on to the Europeans, they did noty invent it. That why its call Hindu Arabic numerals.
2. If you read carefully the above posts, I said during Mohamad's time. The Arabs adopted the numerals only later.

The fact remains, Mohamad could not have been a trader w/o being able to read numbers cos Arabic numerals were written in alphabets back then. Mo could not have been illiterate.

Use magic Report

Post time 9-1-2005 09:38 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by misled_youth at 2005-1-9 01:31 PM:

Are you saying non-Chinamen cannot be businessman? Have a little faith in yourself. You sound so cynical for someone so young.

And you sound too young to understand cynical. BTW, which part of the sentences makes me sound cynical? How come you nag everytime you make your postings here?

Use magic Report

me This user has been deleted
Post time 10-1-2005 08:38 AM | Show all posts
one quick question here...can the muslims memorize the whole koran, someone? anyone?

can anyone memorize the whole koran? kennkid? snipersnake? fuzzman? anyone?

Use magic Report

Post time 10-1-2005 08:53 AM | Show all posts
The guys you named don't even read the Quran in English or Malay regularly, so how do you expect them to memorise the Quran in Arabic?

Anyway, its a waste of time to memorise the enture Quran. Its meaningless.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 10-1-2005 09:29 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by me at 9-1-2005 02:38 PM:
one quick question here...can the muslims memorize the whole koran, someone? anyone?

we have a lot of islamic schools that have al quran memorizers. this is how alquran is preserved.

as for me, i memorize the short and the medium surah as we recite in in the prayers. the whole quran??wow i am not there yet..

Use magic Report

me This user has been deleted
Post time 10-1-2005 09:32 AM | Show all posts
that's just the point...which also mean, it just impossible for a human being to memorize the whole koran...and muslim say that muhammad is pretty much human, and also them who wrote the koran. muslim also said many memorize the koran by heart( human memorize thing with brain), logically, what they memorize won't be the same as the original...as they are human...

Use magic Report

Post time 10-1-2005 09:33 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 9-1-2005 02:53 PM:
The guys you named don't even read the Quran in English or Malay regularly, so how do you expect them to memorise the Quran in Arabic?

Anyway, its a waste of time to memorise the enture Quran. I ...

aha debmey again u judge people :puke:

have u seen us pray? have u seen us recite the quran?

the most important thing is, DO YOU KNOW US?

fyi, i can speak read and write in arabic

stop making a donkey out of yourself

Use magic Report

KENNKID This user has been deleted
Post time 10-1-2005 09:34 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by me at 2005-1-10 08:38 AM:

Your first question is "Can Muslims memorize the whole Qur'an?" - the answer is yes. Millions of Muslims have memorized the whole Qur'an from the time of the prophet until now and will do so in future, insyaAllah.

In your next para, your question is "Can anyone memorize the whole Qur'an". The answer is also yes, why not. You want to memorize it?

Pls also remember that memorizing the Qur'an does not mean being a parrot alone; You can read the following to widen your horizon to avoid staying ignorant:

http://www.ummah.com/what-is-islam/quran/memory0.htm

http://islamist.faithweb.com/qur ... ction_of_quran.html

http://en.imanway.com/printthread.php?t=287

http://islam.articleinsider.com/86169_learning_the_quran.html

[ Last edited by KENNKID on 10-1-2005 at 09:35 AM ]

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

29-3-2024 08:26 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.075187 second(s), 49 queries .