Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: nightlord

MO was not illiterate as claimed by muslims

[Copy link]
Post time 10-1-2005 09:34 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by me at 9-1-2005 03:32 PM:
that's just the point...which also mean, it just impossible for a human being to memorize the whole koran...and muslim say that muhammad is pretty much human, and also them who wrote the koran. mus ...

refer to my post.

fyi, they always gather and check thier memorizations together, so if u DONT KNOW...DONT POST SHIT ABOUT IT

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

me This user has been deleted
Post time 10-1-2005 09:35 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by KENNKID at 10-1-2005 09:34 AM:

Your first question is "Can Muslims memorize the whole Qur'an?" - the answer is yes. Millions of Muslims have memorized the whole Qur'an from t ...

can you memorize it?

Use magic Report

Post time 10-1-2005 09:37 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by snipersnake at 10-1-2005 09:34 AM:

refer to my post.

fyi, they always gather and check thier memorizations together, so if u DONT KNOW...DONT POST SHIT ABOUT IT

ever memorize the history book in secondary school? try to diccuss it with your friend? can you recall all the words, dot, etc exactly like the original?

Use magic Report

KENNKID This user has been deleted
Post time 10-1-2005 09:38 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by me at 2005-1-10 09:32 AM:
that's just the point...which also mean, it just impossible for a human being to memorize the whole koran...and muslim say that muhammad is pretty much human, and also them who wrote the koran. mus ...

Absolute nonsense!

Use magic Report

Post time 10-1-2005 09:40 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by me at 9-1-2005 03:37 PM:

ever memorize the history book in secondary school? try to diccuss it with your friend? can you recall all the words, dot, etc exactly like the original?

u cant compare the words from humans to the words of Allah

y?
because the words of Allah is the absolute truth, pure and majestic thats y muslims memorize it..

the history book?
for all we know , it can be altered..or cut short (singapore)

Use magic Report

Post time 10-1-2005 09:40 AM | Show all posts
nonsense? they are human being, aren't they?

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 10-1-2005 09:46 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by me at 2005-1-10 09:40 AM:
nonsense? they are human being, aren't they?

My reply:-

The Prophet did not memorize the Quranic verses alone. His followers also memorized & recorded the Quranic verses.

Use magic Report

Post time 10-1-2005 09:50 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Baiduri Othman at 10-1-2005 09:46 AM:

The Prophet did not memorize the Quranic verses alone. His followers also memorized & recorded the Quranic verses.

and his followers aren't human?

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 10-1-2005 10:03 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by me at 2005-1-10 09:50 AM:

What a weird question? What do you mean they are not humans?

Use magic Report

Post time 10-1-2005 10:04 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by me at 2005-1-10 09:50 AM:

I don't know whats the problem and whats your problem. You don't know enough about Islam and Muslims to even know that that there are millions of Muslims the world over who memorize the Qur'an.

Pls don't try to be clever in imposing your own lack of general knowledge on others who know.

In Malaysia alone there are numerous institutions, apart from the mosques, which specialize in 'tahfiz' alone - tahfiz means   devoted to teaching and guiding students to memorize the Qur'an so that they become huffaz (those who memorize) of the Qur'an.

The students are all human beings (to quote your silly analogy)

[ Last edited by KENNKID on 10-1-2005 at 10:08 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 10-1-2005 10:07 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by KENNKID at 2005-1-10 10:04 AM:

I don't know whats the problem and whats your problem. You don't know enough about Islam and Muslims to even know that that there are millions of Muslims t ...

My response:-

Salam Kennkid,

Just to say hi to you. Hope everything is okay with you - at work & at home. Have a nice day.

Take good care.

Warmest Regards.

Use magic Report

Post time 10-1-2005 10:12 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Baiduri Othman at 2005-1-10 10:07 AM:

My response:-

Salam Kennkid,

Just to say hi to you. Hope everything is okay with you - at work & at home. Have a nice day.

Take good care.

Warmest Regards.

Salam sis,

Hi to you too.  Everythings ok, both at work & at home. How's your baby? Hope everything's fine with you & family too.

take care.

Regards
Kenn

Use magic Report

Post time 10-1-2005 10:15 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by KENNKID at 2005-1-10 10:12 AM:

Salam sis,

Hi to you too.  Everythings ok, both at work & at home. How's your baby? Hope everything's fine with you & family too.

take ca ...

Thank you very much. My baby is fine. She's sleeping now.

See you Kennkid.

Use magic Report

Post time 10-1-2005 10:24 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by KENNKID at 2005-1-10 10:04 AM:

In Malaysia alone there are numerous institutions, apart from the mosques, which specialize in 'tahfiz' alone - tahfiz means   devoted to teaching and guiding students to memorize the Qur'an so that they become huffaz (those who memorize) of the Qur'an.

Wats the point of memorising and chanting it when yu don't understand it?

Use magic Report

Post time 10-1-2005 10:28 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 2005-1-10 10:24 AM:

Wats the point of memorising and chanting it when yu don't understand it?

For your info, its also simultanuous with learning the Arabic (the classical Qur'anic Arabic plus the nahu  or grammar) so that the meaning is also memorized and understood in detail. You're outdated.

[ Last edited by KENNKID on 10-1-2005 at 10:29 AM ]

Use magic Report

Post time 10-1-2005 10:30 AM | Show all posts
and they claim that there are millions who memorise the quran by heart. thousands maybe, but millions is a boastful exageration.

Also, how can they say that the Quran is preserved by all the huffaz since the memorisers and printers are not independent of each other? Does anyone memorise the Quran totally for oral learning? Nope, not even one. This claim is totally illogical.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 10-1-2005 10:48 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by me at 10-1-2005 08:38 AM:
one quick question here...can the muslims memorize the whole koran, someone? anyone?

can anyone memorize the whole koran? kennkid? snipersnake? fuzzman? anyone?

yes they can and a lot of them. they are called hafiz. do you memorize the whole bible? ;)

Use magic Report

Post time 10-1-2005 10:50 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by Debmey at 10-1-2005 10:30 AM:
and they claim that there are millions who memorise the quran by heart. thousands maybe, but millions is a boastful exageration.

Also, how can they say that the Quran is preserved by all the huf ...

as usual your argument based on your assumptions. how pathetic is that?

Use magic Report

samerosie This user has been deleted
Post time 10-1-2005 10:53 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by nightlord at 9-1-2005 01:18 AM:
One of the most rediculous claim by muslims was that MO was illiterate and could not read and write.

And so under the miraculous guidance of Allah, he was instructed to memorise the verses revea ...

My late grandmother (a single parent) could not tell an alphabet to another, yet she sold kuih to earn her living.  Her children used to take the kuih baskets around Bangsar on foot and will get a wipping of their lives if

a) all the kuih were not sold
b) if the "proceeds" did not tally with the kuih sold.

Mmmmmmmmm...divine intervention?

Use magic Report

Post time 10-1-2005 10:59 AM | Show all posts

Boasting to you people? Not worth it. Anyway, boasting is not our trait. Its yours.

Also, how can they say that the Quran is preserved by all the huffaz since the memorisers and printers are not independent of each other? Does anyone memorise the Quran totally for oral learning? Nope, not even one. This claim is totally illogical.

Don't be stupid Debmey. You don't know Arabic, verbally or in its written form. Go and learn first. Then come back and criticize and debate all you like.

The huffaz read from the printed Al Qur'an and memorize, with the guidance of another huffaz or the teacher. While they memorize, they are also reading or reciting based on the printed Qur'an in front of them.

The  "memorizers and the printers are not independent of each other?"  (quote Debmey) Meaning they are dependent? Thats good. Of course they depend on each other to counter check & detect - authenticity-wise, printing-wise, pronunciation-wise, grammar-wise  etc etc.

[ Last edited by KENNKID on 10-1-2005 at 11:00 AM ]

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

23-4-2024 05:53 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.070987 second(s), 42 queries .