Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: zy

Is the Bible God's Word ? by Ahmed Deedat

[Copy link]
Post time 12-1-2005 06:03 PM | Show all posts
Jesus of the English Bible complains about the 'crucifixion'
("Eli! Eli! Lama sabachthani? - My God! My God! Why have You forsaken me?") [Mk 15:34]

what was this all about??

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 12-1-2005 08:14 PM | Show all posts
he didn't complain. he was quoting psalm 22 in fulfilment of propehcy.

its amazing how psalm 22 which was written 1000 years earlier matched his crucifixion on the cross.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-1-2005 01:54 PM | Show all posts
CHAPTER THREE

THE MULTIPLE BIBLE
VERSIONS

It will now be easy for us to examine a Christian's claim about his Holy Book.

SEPARATING THE WHEAT FROM THE CHAFF
Before we scrutinize the various versions, let us clarify our own belief regarding the Books of God. When we say that we believe in the Tauraat, the Zaboor, the Injeel and the Quŕ醤, what do we really mean? We already know that the Holy Quŕ-醤 is the infallible Word of God, revealed to our Holy Prophet Hazrat Muhammed Mustapha (Peace be upon him) word for word, through the agency of the Archangel Jibraeel, (known as Gabriel in English), and perfectly preserved and protected from human tampering for the past fourteen hundred years!1 Even hostile critics of Islam have grudgingly vouched for the purity of the Holy Quŕ醤: "THERE IS PROBABLY IN THE WORLD NO OTHER BOOK WHICH HAS REMAINED TWELVE CENTURIES (now fourteen) WITH SO PURE A TEXT." - (Sir William Muir)

The Taurat we Muslims believe in is not the "Torah" of the Jews and the Christians though the words - one Arabic, the other Hebrew - are the same. We believe that whatever the Holy Prophet Moses (Peace be upon him) preached to his people, was the revelation from God Almighty, but that Moses was not the author of those "books" attributed to him by the Jews and the Christians.2

likewise we believe that the Zaboor was the revelation of God granted to Hazrat Dawood (David) (Peace be upon him), but that the present Psalms associated with his name are not that revelation. The Christians themselves do not insist that David is the sole author of "his" Psalms.3

What about the Injeel? INGEEL means the "Gospel" or "good news" which Jesus Christ preached during his short ministry. The "Gospel" writers often mention that Jesus going about and preaching the Gospel (the Injeel):

1. "And Jesus went...preaching the gospel,... and healing every disease among the people." (Matthew 9:35)
   2. "...but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it." (Mark 8:35)
   3. "...preached the gospel..." (Luke 20:1)

The "gospel" is a frequently-used word, but what Gospel did Jesus preach? Of the 27 books of the New Testament, only a small fraction can be accepted as the words of Jesus. The Christians boast about the Gospels according to St. Matthew, according to St. Mark, according to St. Luke and according to St. John, but there is not a single Gospel "according" to (St.) Jesus himself! We sincerely believe that everything Christ (May the peace and blessings of God be upon him) preached was from God. That was the Injeel, the good news and the guidance of God for the Children of Israel. In his life-time Jesus never wrote a single word, nor did he instruct anyone to do so. What passes off as the "GOSPELS" today are the works of anonymous hands!

The question before us is: "Do you accept that the Bible is God's Word?" The question is really in the form of a challenge. The questioner is simply seeking enlightenment. The question is posed in the spirit of a debate. We have every right to demand in a similar vein - "Which Bible are you talking about?", we may ask. "Why there is only ONE Bible!" he mutters.

THE CATHOLIC BIBLE
Holding the "Douay," Roman Catholic Version of the Bible aloft in my hand, I ask, "Do YOU accept THIS Bible as the Word of God?" For reasons best known to themselves, the Catholic Truth Society have published their Version of the Bible in a very short, stumpy form. This version is a very odd proportion of the numerous Versions in the market today. The Christian questioner is taken aback. "What Bible is that?" he asks. "Why, I thought you said there was only ONE Bible!" I remind him. "Y-e-s," he murmurs hesitantly, "but what Version is that?" "Why, would that make any difference?" I enquire. Of course it does, and the professional preacher knows that it does. He is only bluffing with his "ONE Bible" claim.

The Roman Catholic Bible was published at Rheims in 1582, from Jerome's Latin Vulgate and reproduced at Douay in 1609.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-1-2005 01:57 PM | Show all posts
As such the RCV (Roman Catholic Version) is the oldest Version that one can still buy today. Despite its antiquity, the whole of the Protestant world, including the "cults"* condemn the RCV because it contains seven extra "books" which they comtemptuously refer to as the "apocrypha," i.e. of DOUBTFUL AUTHORITY. Notwithstanding the dire warning contained in the Apocalypse, which is the last book in the RCV (renamed as "Revelation" by the Protestants), it is "revealed":

"...If any man shall add to these things (or delete) God shall add unto him the plagues written in this Book." (Revelation 22:18-19)

But who cares! They do not really believe! The protestants have bravely expunged seven whole books from their Book of God! The outcasts are:

* The Book of Judith
    * The Book of Tobias
    * The Book of Baruch
    * The Book of Esther, etc

THE PROTESTANT BIBLE
Sir Winston Churchill has pertinent things to say about the Authorised Version (AV) of the Protestant Bible, which is also widely known known as the "King James Version (KJV).

"THE AUTHORISED VERSION OF THE BIBLE WAS PUBLISHED IN 1611 BY THE WILL AND COMMAND OF HIS MAJESTY KING JAMES THE 1ST WHOSE NAME IT BEARS TILL TODAY."

The Roman Catholics, believing as they do that the Protestants have mutilated the Book of God, are yet aiding and abetting the Protestant "crime" by forcing their native converts to purchase the Authorised Version (AV) of the Bible, which is the only Bible available in some 1500 languages of the lesser developed nations of the world. The Roman catholics milk their cows, but the feeding is left to the Protestants! The overwhelming majority of Christians - both Catholics and Protestant - use the Authorised (AV) or the King James Version (KJV) as it is alternatively called.

GLOWING TRIBUTES
First published, as Sir Winston says, in 1611, and then revised in 1881 (RV), and now re-revised and brought up to date as the Revised Standard Version (RSV) 1952, and now again re-re-revised in 1971 (still RSV for short). Let us see what opinion Christendom has of this most revised Bible, the RSV:-

"THE FINEST VERSION WHICH HAS BEEN PRODUCED IN THE PRESENT CENTURY." - (Church of England Newspaper)

"A COMPLETELY FRESH TRANSLATION BY SCHOLARS OF THE HIGHEST EMINENCE." - (Times Literary Supplement)

"THE WELL-LOVED CHARACTERISTICS OF THE AUTHORISED VERSION COMBINED WITH A NEW ACCURACY OF TRANSLATION." - (Life and Work)
"THE MOST ACCURATE AND CLOSE RENDERING OF THE ORIGINAL" - (The Times)

The publishers (Collins) themselves, in their notes on the Bible at the end of their production, say on page 10: THIS BIBLE (RSV) IS THE PRODUCT OF THIRTY-TWO SCHOLARS, ASSISTED BY AN ADVISORY COMMITTEE REPRESENTING FIFTY CO-OPERATING DENOMINATIONS." Why all this boasting? To make the gullible public buy their product? All these testimonies convince the purchaser that he is backing the right horse, with the purchaser little suspecting that he is being taken for a ride.

"THE WORLD'S BEST SELLER"
But what about the Authorised Version of the Bible (AV), the "World's Best Seller?" These Revisers, all good salesmen, have some very pretty things to say about it. However, their page iii, paragraph six of the PREFACE of the RSV reads:*

"THE KING JAMES VERSION (alternative description of AV) HAS WITH GOOD REASON BEEN TERMED 'THE NOBLEST MONUMENT OF ENGLISH PROSE.' ITS REVISERS IN 1881 EXPRESSED ADMIRATION FOR 'ITS SIMPLICITY, ITS DIGNITY, ITS POWER, ITS HAPPY TURNS OF EXPRESSION...THE MUSIC OF ITS CADENCES, AND THE FELICITIES OF ITS RHYTHM.' IT ENTERED, AS NO OTHER BOOK HAS, INTO THE MAKING OF THE PERSONAL CHARACTER AND THE PUBLIC INSTITUTIONS OF THE ENGLISH-SPEAKING PEOPLES. WE OWE IT AN INCALCULABLE DEBT."

Can you, dear reader, imagine a more magnificent tribute being paid to the "Book of Books" than the above? I, for one, cannot. Let the believing Christain, now steel himself for the unkindest blow of all from his own beloved Lawyers of Religion; for in the very same breath they say:
YET THE KING JAMES VERSION HAS GRAVE DEFECTS." And, "THAT THESE DEFECTS ARE SO MANY AND SO SERIOUS AS TO CALL FOR REVISION . . ." This is straight from the horse's mouth, i.e. the orthodox Christian scholars of "the highest eminence." Another galaxy of Doctors of Divinity are now required to produce an encyclopaedia explaining the cause of those GRAVE AND SERIOUS DEFECTS in their Holy Writ and their reasons for eliminating them.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-1-2005 02:07 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

me This user has been deleted
Post time 13-1-2005 02:16 PM | Show all posts
John 14
8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? 10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 14-1-2005 08:26 AM | Show all posts
FIFTY THOUSAND ERRORS (?)

The Jehovah's Witnesses in their "AWAKE!" Magazine, 8 September 1957, carried this startling headline - "50 000 ERRORS IN THE BIBLE?" (See page 13 for the reproduction).

While I was still formulating the theme of this booklet, I heard a knock at my door one Sunday morning. I opened the door. A European gentleman stood there, grinning broadly. "Good morning!" he said. "Good morning," I replied. He was offering me his "Awake" and "Watchtower" magazines. Yes, a Jehovah's Witness! If a few had knocked at your door previously, you will recognize them immediately. The most supercilious lot of people who ever knocked at people's doors! I invited him in.

As soon as he settled down, I produced the full reproduction of what you see on page 13. Pointing to the monograph

at the top of the page, I asked, "Is this your's?" He readily recognised his own. I said, "It says: 50 000 Errors in the Bible, is it true?" "What's that!" he exclaimed. I repeated, "I said, that it says, that there are 50 000 errors in your Bible." "Where did you get that?" He asked. (This was published 23 years ago, when he was perhaps a little nipper) I said, "Leave the fancy talk aside - is this your's?" pointing again to the monograph - "Awake!" He said, "Can I have a look?" "Of course," I said. I handed him the page. He started perusing. They (the Jehovah's Witnesses) are trained. They attend classes five times a week in their "Kingdom Halls." Naturally, they are the fittest missionaries among the thousand - and - one - sects - and - denominations of Christendom. They are taught that when cornered, do not commit yourself to anything, do not open your mouths. Wait for the Holy Ghost to inspire you with what to say.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-1-2005 08:27 AM | Show all posts

[ Last edited by zy on 16-1-2005 at 06:31 PM ]

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 14-1-2005 08:28 AM | Show all posts
I silently kept watching him, while he browsed the page. Suddenly he looked up. He had found it. The "Holy Ghost" had tickled him. He began, "The article says that "most of those errors have been eliminated." I asked, "If MOST are eliminated, how many remain out of 50 000? 5000? 500? 50? Even if 50 remain, do you attribute those errors to God?" He was speechless. He excused himself by suggesting that he will come again with some senior member of his Church. That will be the day!

If I had this booklet ready, I would have offered him, saying - "I would like to do you a favour, give me your name and address, and your telephone number. I will loan you this booklet -"IS THE BIBLE GOD'S WORD?" for 90 days. I want a written reply!" If you do this. And a few other Muslims do the same. They and the other missionaries will never darken your doors again. I believe that this publication will prove the most effective talisman to date. Insha-Allah!

This "cult" of Jehovah's Witnesses which is so strong in its condemnation of the orthodox Trinitarians, for playing with the "Word of God," is itself playing the same game of semantic gymnastics. In the article under review - "50 000 ERRORS IN THE BIBLE?" - they say: "there are probably 50 000 errors...errors that have crept into the Bible text...50 000 such serious (?) errors...most of those so-called errors...as a whole the Bible is accurate." (!)

We do not have the time to go into the tens of thousands of - grave or minor - defects that the authors of the Revised Standard Version (RSV) have attempted to revise. We leave that privilege to the Christian scholars of the Bible. Here I will endeavour to cast just a cursory glance at a "half-a-dozen" or so of those "minor" changes.

1. "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign: Behold, a VIRGIN shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel." (Isaiah 7:14 - AV)

The indispensable "VIRGIN" in the above verse has now been replaced in the RSV with the phrase "a young woman," which is the correct translation of the Hebrew word alm醜. Alm醜 is the word which has occurred all along in the Hebrew text and NOT bethulah which means VIRGIN. This correction is only to be found in the English language translation, as the RSV is only published in this tongue. For the African and the Afrikaner, the Arab and the Zulu, in fact, in the 1500 other languages of the world, Christians are made to continue to swallow the misnomer "VIRGIN."

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-1-2005 08:30 AM | Show all posts
BEGOTTEN, NOT MADE
"Jesus is the only beggten son of God, begotten not made," is an adjunct of the orthodox catechism, leaning for support on the following:

2. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only BEGOTTEN son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16 - AV)

No priest worth his cloth would fail to quote "the only BEGOTTEN of the Father!" when preaching to a prospective convert. But this fabrication - "BEGOTTEN" - has now been unceremoniously excised by the Bible Revisers, without a word of excuse. They are as silent as church-mice and would not draw the readers attention to their furtive excision. This blasphemous word "BEGOTTEN" was another of the many such interpolations in the "Holy Bible." God Almighty condemned this blasphemy in the strongest terms soon after its innovation. He did not wait for 2000 years for Bible scholars to reveal the fraud.

[ Last edited by zy on 16-1-2005 at 06:32 PM ]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 14-1-2005 08:31 AM | Show all posts
The Muslim world should congratulate the "Fifty cooperating denominations" of Christendom and their Brains Trust the "Thirty-two scholars of the highest eminence" for bringing their Holy Bible a degree nearer to the Qur-醤ic truth.

[img ]http://www.ahmed-deedat.co.za/bible/16b.jpg[/img]

"CHRISTIAN MES-A-MATHICS"

3. "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the FATHER, the WORD, and the HOLY GHOST: and these three are one." (1st Epistle of John 5:7 - AV)

This verse is the closest approximation to what the Christians call their Holy Trinity in the encyclopaedia called the BIBLE. This key-stone of the Christian faith has also been scrapped from the RSV without even a semblance of explanation. It has been a pious fraud all along and well-deservedly has it been expunged in the RSV for the English speaking people. But for the 1499 remaining language groups of the world who read the Christian concoctions in their mother tongues, the fraud remains. These people will never know the truth until the Day of Judgement. However, we Muslims must again congratulate the galaxy of D.D.'s who have been honest enough to eliminate another lie from the English (RSV) Bible, thus bringing their Holy Book yet another step closer to the teachings of Islam. For the Holy Quŕ醤 says:

[ Last edited by zy on 16-1-2005 at 06:32 PM ]

Use magic Report

me This user has been deleted
Post time 14-1-2005 09:55 AM | Show all posts
John 10:38
But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.擺/b]

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 16-1-2005 06:24 PM | Show all posts
THE ASCENSION
One of the most serious of those "grave defects" which the authors of the RSV had tried to rectify concerned the Ascension of Christ. There have been only two references in the Canonical Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and of John to the most stupendous event in Christianity - OF JESUS BEING TAKEN UP INTO HEAVEN. These two references were obtained in every Bible in every language, prior to 1952, when the RSV first appeared. These were:
4a.        "So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken to them, was TAKEN UP INTO HEAVEN, and sat down at the right hand of God." (Mark 16:19)
4b.        "While he blessed them, he parted from them, and was CARRIED UP INTO HEAVEN." (Luke 24:51)

Now please turn to page 18 which is a photo copy where the quotation 4a above ought to appear. You will be shocked to note that Mark 16 ends at verse 8, and after an embarrassing expanse of blank space the missing verses appear in "small print" as a footnote at the bottom of the page. If you can lay your hand on a RSV 1952, you will find the last six words of 4b above, i.e. "AND WAS CARRIED UP INTO HEAVEN" replaced by a tiny "a" to tell you to see the footnote if you please, where you will find these missing words. Every honest Christian has to admit that he does not consider any footnote in any Bible as the Word of God. Why should the paid servants of Christianity consign the mightiest miracle of their religion to a mere footnote?

From the Chart - "The Origin and Growth of the English

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 16-1-2005 06:27 PM | Show all posts
Bible" - appearing on page 20, you will note that all the Biblical "Versions" prior to the Revised Version of 1881 were dependent upon the ANCIENT COPIES - those dating only five or six hundred years after Jesus. The Revisers of the RSV 1952, were the first Bible scholars who were able to tap the "MOST Ancient Copies" fully, dating three and four centuries after Christ. We agree that the closer to the source the more authentic is the document. Naturally "MOST" Ancient deserves credence more than mere "ANCIENT." But not finding a word about Jesus being "taken up" or "carried up" into heaven in the MOST ANCIENT manuscripts, the Christian fathers expurgated those references from the RSV 1952.

THE DONKEY CIRCUS
The above facts are a staggering confession by Christendom that the "inspired" authors of the Canonical Gospels did not record a single word about the ASCENSION of Jesus. Yet these "inspired" authors were unanimous in recording that their Lord and Saviour rode a donkey into Jerusalem as his mission drew to a close.
". . . and they sat him thereon." (The Donkey) (Matt. 21:7)       
"... and he sat upon him." (The Donkey) (Mark 11:7)
". . . and they set Jesus thereon." ((The Donkey) (Luke 19:35)       
"... Jesus ... sat thereon:" (The Donkey (John 12:14)

Could God Almighty have been the author of this incongrous situation - going out of His Way to see that all the Gospel writers did not miss their footing recording His "son's" donkey-ride into the Holy City - and yet "inspiring" them to black-out the news about His "son's" heavenly flight on the wings of angels?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 16-1-2005 06:29 PM | Show all posts
NOT FOR LONG!
The hot-gospellers and the Bible-thumpers were too slow in catching the joke. By the time they realised that the corner-stone of their preaching - THE ASCENSION OF JESUS - had been undermined as a result of Christian Biblical erudition, the publishers of the RSV had already raked in a nett profit of 15 000 000 dollars! (Fifteen Million). The propagandists made a big hue and cry, and with the backing of two denominational committees out of the fifty, forced the Publishers to re-incorporate the interpolations into the "INSPIRED" Word of God. In every new publication of the RSV after 1952, the expunged portion was "RESTORED TO THE TEXT."

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 16-1-2005 06:34 PM | Show all posts
揟ake care of your ego; if you do not make it busy, it shall make you busy

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 19-1-2005 11:50 PM | Show all posts
God. In every new publication of the RSV after 1952, the expunged portion was "RESTORED TO THE TEXT."

It is an old, old game. The Jews and Christians have been editing their "Book of God" from its very inception. The difference between them and the ancient forgerers is that the ancient forgers did not know the art of writing "prefaces" and "footnotes", otherwise they too would have told us as clearly as our modern heroes have about their tampering, and their glib excuses for transmuting forged currency into glittering gold.

"MANY PROPOSALS FOR MODIFICATION WERE SUBMITTED TO THE COMMITTEE BY INDIVIDUALS AND BY TWO DENOMINATIONAL COMMITTEES. ALL OF THESE WERE GIVEN CAREFUL ATTENTION BY THE COMMITTEE.

"TWO PASSAGES, THE LONGER ENDING OF MARK (16:9-20) ... AND LUKE 24:51 ARE RESTORED TO THE TEXT." (Preface - Collins' pages vi and vii)

"Why 'restored'"? Because they had been previously expunged! Why had the references to the Ascension expunged in the first place? The MOST Ancient manuscripts had no references to the Ascension at all. They were interpolations similar to 1 John 5:7 about the Trinity. (Refer page 16 example 3). Why eliminate one and re-instate the other? Do not be surprised! By the time you lay your hands on a RSV, the "Committee" might also have decided to expunge the whole of their invaluable Preface. The Jehovah's Witnesses have already eliminated 27 revealing pages of their FOERWORD to their "New World Translation of the CHRISTIAN GREEK SCRIPTURES," (this is their way of saying - New Testament).

The Rev. C. I. Scofield D. D. with a team of 8 Consulting Editors, also all D.D.'s, in the "Scofield Reference Bible," thought it appropriate to spell the Hebrew word "Elah" (meaning God) alternatively as "Alah." The Christians had thus swallowed the camel - they seemed to have accepted at last that the name of God is Allah - but were still straining at the gnat by spelling Allah with one "L"! (Photographic reproduction of the Bible page showing the word "ALAH" is preserved here for posterity on page 22). References were made in public lectures to this fact by the author of this booklet. Believe me, the subsequent "Scofield Reference Bible" has retained word for word the whole commentary of Genesis 1:1, but has, by a clever sleight-of-hand, blotted out the word "Alah" altogether. There is not even a gap where the word "Alah" once used to be. This is in the Bible of the orthodox! One is hard pressed to keep up with their jugglery.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-1-2005 11:50 PM | Show all posts

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-1-2005 11:52 PM | Show all posts
DAMNING CONFESSIONS

Mrs. Ellen G. White, a "prophetess" of the Seventh Day Adventist Church, in her Bible Commentary Vol 1, page 14, has this confession to make about the fallibility of the "Holy Bible. "THE BIBLE WE READ TODAY IS THE WORK OF MANY COPYISTS WHO HAVE IN MOST INSTANCES DONE THEIR WORK WITH MARVELLOUS ACCURACY. BUT COPYISTS HAVE NOT BEEN INFALLIBLE, AND GOD MOST EVIDENTLY HAS NOT SEEN FIT TO PRESERVE THEM ALTOGETHER FROM ERROR IN TRANSCRIBING." In the following pages of her commentary, Mrs White testifies further: "I SAW THAT GOD HAD ESPECIALLY GUARDED THE BIBLE," (from what?) "YET WHEN COPIES OF IT WERE FEW, LEARNED MEN HAD IN SOME INSTANCES CHANGED THE WORDS, THINKING THAT THEY WERE MAKING IT PLAIN, WHEN IN REALITY THEY WERE MYSTIFYING THAT WHICH WAS PLAIN, BY CAUSING IT TO LEAN TO THEIR ESTABLISHED VIEWS, WHICH WERE GOVERNED BY TRADITION."

DEVELOPED SICKNESS
The mental malady is a cultivated one. This authoress and her followers can still trumpet from roof tops that "Truly, the Bible is the infallible Word of God." "Yes, it is adulterated, but pure." "It is human, yet divine." Do words have any meaning in their language? Yes, they have in their courts of law, but not in their theology. They carry a "poetic licence" in their preaching.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-1-2005 11:54 PM | Show all posts

THE WITNESSES
The most vociferous of all the Bible-thumpers are the Jehovah's Witnesses. On page 5 of their "FOREWORD," mentioned earlier, they confess:

"IN COPYING THE INSPIRED ORIGINALS BY HAND THE ELEMENT OF HUMAN FRAILTY ENTERED IN, AND SO NONE OF THE THOUSANDS OF COPIES EXTANT TODAY IN THE ORIGINAL LANGUAGE ARE PERFECT DUPLICATES. THE RESULT IS THAT NO TWO COPIES ARE EXACTLY ALIKE." Now you see, why the whole "foreword" of 27 pages is eliminated from their Bibles. Allah was making them to hang themselves with their own erudition.

POT LUCK
Out of over four thousand differing manuscripts the Christians boast about, the Church fathers just selected four which tallied with their prejudices and called them Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. We will deal with each of them in their proper place. Here, let us go over the conclusion of the Jehovah's Witnesses' research as recorded in the now expunged Foreword:

"THE EVIDENCE IS, THEREFORE, THAT THE ORIGINAL TEXT OF THE CHRISTIAN GREEK SCRIPTURES1 HAS BEEN TAMPERED WITH, THE SAME AS THE TEXT OF THE LXX2 HAS BEEN,"

Yet this incorrigible Cult has the effrontery to publish 9 000 000 (Nine Million) copies as a First Edition of a 192-page book entitled - "Is the Bible REALLY the Word of God?" We are dealing here with a sick mentality, for no amount of tampering, as they say, will "APPRECIABLY AFFECT THE AUTHENTICITY OF THE BIBLE" (?). This is Christian logic.

A PATIENT HEARING
Dr. Graham Scroggie in his aforementioned book, pleads, on page 29, for the Bible:-
"AND LET US BE PERFECTLY FAIR AS WE PURSUE THE SUBJECT, (Is the Bible the Word of God?). BEARING IN MIND THAT WE ARE TO HEAR WHAT THE BIBLE HAS TO SAY ABOUT ITSELF. IN A COURT OF LAW WE ASSUME THAT A WITNESS WILL SPEAK THE TRUTH, AND MUST ACCEPT WHAT HE SAYS UNLESS WE HAVE GOOD GROUNDS FOR SUSPECTING HIM, OR CAN PROVE HIM A LIAR. SURELY THE BIBLE SHOULD BE GIVEN THE SAME OPPORTUNITY TO BE HEARD, AND SHOULD RECEIVE A LIKE PATIENT HEARING."

The plea is fair and reasonable. We will do exactly as he asks and let the Bible speak for itself.

In the first five books of the Bible - Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy - there are more than 700 statements which prove not only that God is NOT the Author of these books, but that EVEN Moses himself had no hand in them. Open these books at random and you will see:

* "And the Lord said unto him, Away, get thee down..."
    * "And Moses said unto the Lord, the people cannot come..."
    * "And the Lord said unto Moses, Go on before the people..."
    * "And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying..."
    * "And the Lord said unto Moses, Get down, charge the..."

It is manifest and apparent that these are NEITHER the Words of God NOR of Moses. They indicate the voice of a third person writing from hearsay.

MOSES WROTE HIS OWN OBITUARY?
Could Moses had been a contributor to his own obituary before his demise? Did the Jews write their own obituaries? "So Moses ... DIED ... And he (God Almighty) BURIED HIM (Moses) ... he was 120 years old when he DIED ... And there arose not a prophet SINCE in Israel like unto Moses ..." (Deut. 34:5-10). We will analyze the rest of the Old Testament presently from other angles.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

19-4-2024 09:21 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.378810 second(s), 42 queries .