CARI Infonet

Forgot password?
 Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Author: Sephiroth

Sephiroth's Little Corner ... 3rd one.

[Copy link]
 Author| Post time 27-7-2010 12:12 PM | Show all posts
Hmmm ... "something" seems to be following me around today.  Since morning, this "thing" have been following me to my room, standing afar and watch as I do work and even followed me to the loo.

A "male" figure, about 25 - 30 years old, but doesn't dare to come close. I wonder who would send it. :re:

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 29-7-2010 08:54 AM | Show all posts
Hmm ... why this forum so quiet? where is everyone? Don't tell me, except for myself, everyone else got banned.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 29-9-2010 03:04 PM | Show all posts
The sensation is back again, just like in 2004.

Back in November 2004, I had this strange sensation. I cannot describe the feeling, except that the "force" was like something warm, powerful but not destructive. I felt it was pressing against the oceans or the sea (for some reason). A month later, the 2004 Tsunami occurred and the sensation have stopped.

For the past few days now, I have been having the same feeling again, and yesterday evening (between 7.00 - 8.30PM), it was worst. I had a hard time driving from work to home, and had to keep my strength up with 100 plus drinks. Something big going to happen, and it will happen in Asia.

Could it be another Tsunami? Maybe ... but this time, I believe that something going to happen in land as well. We have to wait and see. But nevertheless, everyone be prepared for anything.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-10-2010 09:26 AM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by Sephiroth at 28-10-2010 10:12

Date : Oct. 8, 2010
Time : 9.24 AM

A major shift on the tectonic plate somewhere in Asia (I guess). Let's see what the news have to say about this.

Edited to add : My prediction came through.

Source : http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_indonesia_earthquake
Earthquake in Indonesia.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-10-2010 11:33 AM | Show all posts
Source : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=523bXlK5t34

Gaia Theory and Deep Ecology
by Dr. Stephen Harding (part 1 of 10)

Very interesting and mind-opening talk about how Humanity is changing the Planet (for the worst).

In Part 2, Dr. Harding will be talking about the Daisy world simulation where they created a mathematical model of a world (with only two plant species - black daisies and white daisies) and show how these two plants adapt and change the World in general as the Sun changes over the period of time.

The interesting part (which Dr. Harding did not mention) is that, by following this simulation, we come to one conclusion. IF humans continues to change the Planet for the worst, there will be a time where humans themselves will go extinct due to their own destructive nature.

Already, we are seeing destructive tornadoes, hurricanes, tropical storms and volcanic activities all around the World in an extend that we did not see for nearly 50 years or more. And I believe that the World's environmental condition will get worse still because of the "sickness" which plaques the World. The "sickness" which is called Humanity.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 5-11-2010 11:40 PM | Show all posts
Date : November, 5th 2010
Time : 2.40 PM

There have been another disturbance - strong enough to knock me out for an hour. If I'm correct, there could be another natural disaster in couple of days time. Be warned.

Use magic Report

Follow Us
 Author| Post time 18-1-2011 03:55 PM | Show all posts
Just want to share an interesting article :

Source : http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ra ... -hide_b_708094.html

This notion, that God's presence is hidden, is a significant dilemma for many, and for some is clear proof that God does not exist.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 1-2-2011 11:51 AM | Show all posts
Tomorrow onwards, it will be Chinese New Year holiday. Happy CNY to all the Chinese forumers.

But today, still working. Doing some review work - conducting performance appraisal for the younger team members. Basically asking question and grilling them with comments. Love the way they turn pale when I ask question. I'm being so Evil.

Anyway, I have notice something during this performance review. No matter how you are or what background you come from, there are three obligations which Man must commit in order to become true to his himself and the tasks given to him. Those three obligations are - Morale obligation, Ethical Obligation and Professional Obligation.

Morale Obligation is the basic right or wrong, in determines the right and wrong a person feels and conducts his task. When you given a task, you have the task of conducting the task in the right way, with positive feedback. Take a person who suppose to earn money. He have the right to choose to earn it by the proper way - working and such, or through illegal means - stealing, robbing and such. It will be his morale obligation to conduct his affairs in the proper manner.

Ethical obligations - Morale and Ethical is two different concept. Morale can be describe as Right or Wrong (White or Black) while Ethical is considered to be Grey areas.

Often, a person have a solutions to a problem which could sometimes be labelled as Grey areas. For example, a person sees another person in need of help and he himself is in a hurry to get somewhere. While he could say that it is morally good to stop to help, at the same time, he can justify himself that he cannot stop because he is late. Thus, in ethical stand-point, the person is not wrong in any way for not stopping since he is late and needs to go somwhere else. He placed his own needs before others, thus it is ethically correct.

Finally, professional obligation, which is easiest to understand. If you work in a company and take the salary given to you, you have professional obligations to fulfill your task. But some people just work for sake of fulfilling the number of hours required. Even so they are correct professionally as long as they fulfill the number of hours required, their ethical values can always be questioned.

Hmmm ... This requires a lot of thinking. Something to do for Chinese New Year.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 25-2-2011 01:42 PM | Show all posts
Last Sunday (20-02-2011), I have went to visit a friend of mine (from college days) who have been hospitalized. She have become desparate and suffered a nervous breakdown to the point that she tried to commit suicide.

I went to her (who is junior to me by three years, since we met when I was about to graduate) and asked her if she was feeling better. She was happy to see me, and she said she was alright. Then I slapped her across the face for attempting to kill herself. she wasn't expecting it.

According to her, her long time boyfriend had dumped her after dating for four years. They have been dating every since she left the College and started to work. He had married recently and she couldn't take it. She asked me, WHY he could be willing to dump her when they went to so many places together - like pubs, discos, parties and gatherings.

And I told her ... To some men, women are like those sweets on display in the indian restaurants. It is nice to look at and plays a role of bring in customers. But when customers comes in, they don't want those in display, instead, they want fresh baked sweets which no one laid their eyes on.

By going to party, discos and so many places, she had lowered her own "value" to the point that he could wonder what she could be doing if he was not around (and with who she could be with) or whether she could be a suitable candidate for his family. He could also wants a girl who could stay home and take care of the family and not party all the time after marriage.

"Fun is Fun but there are time you should stop and become serious in life" - I told her. He didn't see her being serious and decided that she was not suitable for him as a life partner. Yes, it may not be fair to her but that is the way it is. No one would be willing to marry a girl to a guy who continues to party all this life and vice versa.

And with that, I told her to take care, concentrate in her work and stop being such a party girl.

To all the party girls and boys out there - There are times when you should stop partying and start thinking seriously about life. Sooner you do this, faster your life will improve for you.

Use magic Report

Post time 31-3-2011 07:29 PM | Show all posts
Last Sunday (29-3-2009), I saw my old teacher while went window-shopping.

It have been over ten y ...
Sephiroth Post at 1-4-2009 15:51

I like these muay thai movie, I like <Ong Ba>,nice muay thai move.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 8-4-2011 08:39 AM | Show all posts
April 08, 2011. Friday

Have you guys notice the Sunrise today? It was blood-red Sun, rising from the East. Send shivers down my spine, looking at it. {:1_146:}

Anyway, have a good week end, and be care on the road. Just want to say it out loud to get rid of the cold feeling I have in my heart.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-6-2011 08:52 AM | Show all posts
Saturday newspaper (usually STAR) usually my favorite newspaper to read on the Weekends. But this Saturday (11/06/2011), I got a shock when I open the first page and read the news regarding the ban of some website (which I sometimes uses) :

http://rapidsavr.com/pirate-bay-megaupload-and-others-blocked-by-malaysian-government-order-to-isps/

In what appears to be a memo sent to ISPs by the regulator of Internetindustries in Malaysia, all service providers have been ordered tocompletely block various file-sharing sites including The Pirate Bay,MegaVideo and other hosting services. The move follows an Aprilstatement by the countrys Prime Minister in which he promised hisadministration would never censor the Internet.

The regulation ofthe communications and multimedia industry in Malaysia is handled bySKMM the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission. Under a1998 Act of the same name, the Commission is empowered to carry out arange of functions, several of which are law-related.

According to SKMMs website, the Commission has the power to implementand enforce the provisions of the communications and multimedia law,regulate all matters relating to communications and multimediaactivities not provided for in the communications and multimedia lawand to recommend reforms to existing law.

SKMM is clearly a powerful organization and if a document uncovered byWirawanweb.com is authentic (and it appears to tick all of thenecessary boxes), its considerable muscles have just been flexedagainst online copyright infringement. The memo, titled Request ForAction Under Section 263(2) of The Communications and Multimedia ActCMA 1998 (the legislation that gives SKMM its powers) appears to orderall of Malaysias ISPs to immediately block a number of high-profilefile-sharing related sites, as listed below:

http://www.warez-bb.org
http://thepiratebay.org
http://www.movie2k.to
http://www.megavideo.com
http://www.putlocker.com

I have been in the field of Networking for over 10 years, following through the developments of file-sharing and other facilities used by pirates for the past one decade. And frankly speaking, this ridiculous attempt based on 1998 laws (which is over a decade old) will not cur the Piracy. I even dare to say that such move will actually push the people toward supporting piracy even further. I will explain in another post TWO ways how I could obtain movies and other IT related stuff without using the Internet.

PS : I'm not alone, a group of us usually come together during the weekend to discuss matters related to the Government and the Societies (especially Hindus) and these two methods are product of our brain-storming session, where we played as pirates, trying to outsmart the Government (not a difficult task anyway, considering how much outdated they are).

Now, I was telling earlier that moves like this actually promotes Piracy. How? By allowing downloads from the Internet, what happening here was the people were getting their movies and TV shows directly from the Net. This stops the need to buy TV shows and movies from the pirates. And since the pirates do not have anything special which the people wants, piracy slowly dies out over time through proper sharing of files (without monetary exchange).

Furthermore, this is the reason why the Internet had existed in the first place. Back in 1960s, the basic intranet structure was designed and tried out between three universities in US. In this basic structure, files were transfered to and fro these three sites thus creating a blueprint for the Internet, which by 1980s, many non-university sources have entered. So therefore, all these bans and blocks are actually censorship of the Internet and should be considered as violation of freedom by the Government.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 13-6-2011 09:14 AM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by Sephiroth at 13-6-2011 09:15

I have said in my previous post that I will give TWO methods by which I can obtain (or download) sources WITHOUT USING THE INTERNET. In this post, I will explain.

Method 1 :- Downloading from TV/Astro/Paysites.

I believe many of you have went to IT Fest which usually occur about two (or three) times a day here in Malaysia. I love to walk around and looking at the booths, marveling at new products and services. One of these products which caught my attention some time ago was a VGA Card-like equipment, which coupled with some fancy looking gadgets could allow one to watch TV shows from the computer.

Now, imagine this. I'm a pirate and the Government have banned many of the sites which I usually get my sources from (thinking that could stop me). What do I do? Simple, I will buy the above mentioned gadgets and install it to my PC, and then use my own money to subscribe to channels like ASTRO ON DEMAND (AOD) which has many varieties. As I watch, I will download this contains into my PC same way I could through the Internet. All I need are the above mentioned gadgets (which I can import if the Government bans those), a powerful computer (no big deal), hard disk between 160 - 250 Gigabits and a channel which allows me to watch TV. In this senario, I do not need the Internet and I still get the source which I wanted to sell in the market.

Method 2 - Filesharing through Alternative means.

One of the misconception the Government has, is that Piracy only occurs in Malaysia and any piracy acts conducted in other countries like Singapore, Thailand and Indonesia (even Brunei and Philippines) are not their problem. Why I use all these countries' names? Because they are all our neighbors and the following methods will involve any one of these countries. Piracy does not occur within the border. Modern day piracy occurs internationally - just as it have been in the past when pirates roam the open seas in long boats. File-sharing can be done through alternative methods and it does not need the Internet at all.

If I were a pirate who is in Singapore and needs to send information to my contact in Malaysia, all I could need is a satellite disc or a transmission disc, a server with encryption and another equal setup on the other side of the border (Malaysia). I could tune my frequency to that of my contact and send information to and fro without the government knowing anything about it. While the Government busy monitoring the Internet, pissing its people up and daydreaming that they are stopping piracy, we the pirates could continue our daily tasks without as much as a dent on our operation.

And the funny thing is, despite of having those SKMM (or whatever) since 1998, many of them seems to be ignorant of the changes and evolution of IT-related technology and Communication field. Censoring the Internet WILL not bring any enclosure to the Piracy problem because the technology have evolve to the point that the Piracy doesn't require traditional Internet connection to operate. This bans will only serve to turn the people away from the Government and buy pirated goods even more.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 21-6-2011 08:58 AM | Show all posts
Strange dream this morning (Tuesday, 21th June, 2011).

I dream I was sitting down and reading a newspaper (The NST if not mistaken). On the front page, got this news - Melaka hit with 2.5 (in the Richter scale). {:1_126:}

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 6-7-2011 09:24 AM | Show all posts
Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Sad news came to me when I came to work this morning. One of my bosses (I have three ... Don't ask) have passed away in his sleep this morning. He was above 40 years old (don't know exact years) and have been with us for nearly 10 years.

Frankly speaking, I don't like him very much - he is bossy, have poor working knowledge but still poke his nose into how we do things. While I don't like him much, I didn't thought that he could leave us so soon. {:1_146:}

I'm going to miss his nagging and problem poking with me in the future. May he rest in peace and may his family finds strength and will to continue onward with his legacy.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 19-9-2011 03:00 PM | Show all posts
Sept. 19, 2011

Long holiday just passed. Still not enough to recharge me. The work have become hectic in my company due to removal of three co-workers (due to suspension) a few weeks before. Not sure what was the problem since it was the senior management's decision but I have end up with their workload.

The haze season have returned, which is another annoying factor. The sun looks red in the morning and red in the evening. Sometimes, even during the mid day times, it looks red. I fell sick for nearly several months, sore throat and heavy coughing most of the time. Too busy to see doctors, always so tired. Having friends who kept telling me that I could have heart problem is not helping either.

I wanted to take leave but cannot. It have been over two months now since I have taken my last leave. Since the suspension of the three co-workers, my workload suddenly increase and I have to be stationed elsewhere. Due to this, I don't see my usually co-workers and I can tell that they are missing me as well. I hope my boss could hurry up and hire new people for the tasks I'm doing now. Also, just heard a rumor stating another co-worker is going to resign soon.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Author| Post time 22-9-2011 09:36 AM | Show all posts
Post Last Edit by Sephiroth at 22-9-2011 09:43

Sept. 22, 2011

Yesterday, I had an interesting discussion during lunch with some of the colleagues. It started out from marriage (and why I didn't get married - annoying topic) and end up with an interesting revelation.

It seems that couples who were married due to arrange marriages and have children, could likely to allow their own children to fall in love. While couples who were married due to love marriages and have children, could be unwilling to allow their own children to fall in love. In many cases, many of them could end up restricting their children's activities and movements when they have reached the age of teen, to avoid their children (especially the girls) from end up falling in love.

This could surprise a lot of people but I believe this is true due to the amount of people (both parents and their children) whom I have "interviewed". In some cases, the couple who had married due to love marriage goes as far as to say that they want to arrange marriages for their children and dislike the idea of their children choosing their own spouse.

I couldn't help but to wonder why. Maybe it is Karma. Couple who were in love were more than willing to neglect their own parents to be with their own spouse (as it is porpular theme in the movies back in 1980s and 1990s). They were also willing to do things which normally unacceptable in society (such as having premarital sex). Young couple at that time did not know the concept of responsibility and maturity and willing to discard everything (including family value) to be with their spouse (which is why I'm not married ... I choose my family).

Now that this couple are married and have their own children, whom they raise with love and expectation, suddenly the shoes are on the other side of the foot. They end up in the shoes of their parents and sees the World through the eyes of their parents whom they were more than willing to neglect to chase after their spouse. This is Karma.

Oh, this also means that the tamil movies which shows couples who were in love and very supportive of their children who are in love also to be WRONG. It is the other way around. Couples who were in love and married could likely to stop their own children from following their footsteps than the couples who had married due to arrange marriages.

However, tamil movies got one thing right - couple who were in love could likely to have their own children enter arrange marriages within their own family members in order to strengthen the family ties (which they believe had deteriorated due to them choosing spouse outside the family line).

Use magic Report

Post time 7-10-2011 02:50 PM | Show all posts
all by yourself ? one  man show discussion?
that how u like rite?
if were to question u,  u make  noise and  cursed

get a life and stard to mix around

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 21-10-2011 09:09 AM | Show all posts
Happy Deepavalli to all Hindus.  

I will be taking a long, well-deserved break from this weekend to next Friday (only one day work) before continuing on the weekend. A lot of things to do at home plus I have some personal tasks (like renewing my road tax) to do as well. No time (or money T_T ) to travel anywhere even so there are plenty of invitation to go outstation. Going to sit at home and see if I cannot finish those books I brought a few months back. Anyway, Happy Deepavalli and please be safe on the road for those who are traveling.

Use magic Report

Post time 29-10-2011 08:16 PM | Show all posts
dont worry... i read the writing when i have time....

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

Forum Hot Topic

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

5-5-2024 05:01 AM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.089663 second(s), 44 queries .