Register

ADVERTISEMENT

Return to list New
Author: simbiosis

ambik air tulang belakang..

[Copy link]
Post time 9-9-2005 06:03 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by blackmore at 9-9-2005 05:56 PM

...kadang2...demam yang terlalu tinggi panasnya dengan sendirinya bley affect the child's brain...bayi yang normal lahirnya tetapi tidak mendapat rawatan segera ketika dia  ...

salam

a'ah nie btol....susah nak jari parents yg ade simpan thermometer kat rumah utk anak demam....

masa me kat swiss dulu...anak demam dan nak buat appointment, dia tanya dulu barapa panas badan anak...kalo tak tahu...nasib aaaaa kena marah...hhihihihi

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 9-9-2005 06:15 PM | Show all posts
....so how is the procedure being done???..ok...this is what happen during the procedure...

...you will be directed to lie in the fetal position (see the figure at the top of the page). It's also possible to do an LP in a leaned-over sitting position....

...you will be instructed to clasp your hands on your knees....usually, someone will be there to assist you in in holding that position....

...the doctor will palpitate (feel) around the injection site, to find the right spot. He will then clean that site with an aneseptic solution....

...an anesthetic will be injected into the skin and subcutaneous tissue around the proposed injection site....

...a spinal needle (containing an inner obturator) will be placed through the skin and into the spinal canal. It will enter the subarachnoid space. ...

...you will be asked to relax and straighten your legs--this will decrease intraabdominal pressure and increase CSF pressure. The needle will be attached to a manometer and the pressure in the canal will be measured...

...approximately 5 to 20 ml of CSF will be extracted, in 2-4 tubes...the pressure will again be measured...

...the LP is described as being uncomfortable or painful by patients....some feel burning, pressure, or stabs of pain down their legs....with an experienced doctor, the LP usually takes around 20 minutes....

...post procedure pulak...

...immediately after removing the needle, the doctor will apply pressure to the puncture site, then apply a dressing (bandage)....

...there is controversy over which resting position is best after the LP--prone (stomach down) vs. supine (stomach up). Whichever way your physician advises, it is important to keep the head flat, only moving in a very slow manner--no jerking of the head (these things seem to increase the risk of a spinal tap headache)...

...you will be advised/required to rest for a time after the LP, in whichever postion is favored. (ranges from 30 minutes to several hours). It is important not to take up any strenuous activity for the first 24 hours after the LP...

...you will be encouraged to drink plenty of fluid following the LP<---(this is very important)... You might be advised to drink caffeinated beverages as well--it's shown caffeine seems to ward off *Spinal-tap headaches* in some patients...

...you should report any numbness, tingling or uninitiated movement of the extremities. Also, any leakage of fluid or blood from the injection site--or anything unusual...

...in the event of a Spinal headache, or in some cases, to avoid a spinal tap headache, a procedure known as a *Blood Patch* may to used. This is somewhat controversial--many feel it is unnecessary, and does not change the risk of the headache, or relieve it.....the Blood Patch is a procedure in which a quantity of the patient's own blood is injected in the site of the LP, after completing the LP. The reasons for this are 2-fold: the added blood replaces the CSF removed for evaluation, and it appears that the blood causes the injection site to heal or clot quicker--which means less leakage--which may mean less chance of a headache....

Use magic Report

Post time 9-9-2005 06:39 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by my-alja at 9-9-2005 06:03 PM

salam

a'ah nie btol....susah nak jari parents yg ade simpan thermometer kat rumah utk anak demam....

masa me kat swiss dulu...anak demam dan nak buat appointment, dia tanya dulu barapa  ...

pernah mengalami keadaan yang sama.....depa even kalau nak buat monthly
check up pun kita dah kena tau berapa suhu badan yang lazim, pas tu berat
badan anak, tinggi berapa... masa kat msia tak pernah nak ambil tahu
(thermometer pong tak de) sekali dah kena lesing baru la tekedek2 hehehe

Use magic Report

Post time 12-9-2005 11:03 AM | Show all posts
well,that's it from blackmore.tq.what makes a doctor suspect it is meningitis yer?:stp:high fever running more than 5 days?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 12-9-2005 05:01 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by blackmore at 9-9-2005 06:15 PM
....so how is the procedure being done???..ok...this is what happen during the procedure...

...you will be directed to lie in the fetal position (see the figure at the top ...

thanks blackmore... can not imagine my 3 months old son kena lalui process ni.. kesiannnnnnn dia...

Use magic Report

Author| Post time 12-9-2005 05:07 PM | Show all posts
Originally posted by honeybee1802 at 12-9-2005 11:03 AM
well,that's it from blackmore.tq.what makes a doctor suspect it is meningitis yer?:stp:high fever running more than 5 days?

my son asyik muntah2, mula2 ingatkan angin, lepas bawak gi clinic tak o.k jugak..somemore dia punya ubun2 mcm bengkak that why that doctor suspect meningitis.. tapi i wonder sebab dia tak ada high fever.. normally meningitis akan ada very high fever.. i don't know on what basis dia bleh simply cakap my son kena meningitis...

Use magic Report

Follow Us
Post time 13-9-2005 12:37 AM | Show all posts
Originally posted by simbiosis at 12-9-2005 05:07 PM

my son asyik muntah2, mula2 ingatkan angin, lepas bawak gi clinic tak o.k jugak..somemore dia punya ubun2 mcm bengkak that why that doctor suspect meningitis.. tapi i wonder sebab dia tak ada h ...

...simbiosis...yes...generally...either viral or bacterial meningitis...most of the time the child will present with high fever...but...besides fever...there are other classics symptoms of meningitis...such as...

...whimpering and crying in a high-pitched tone

...difficulty in waking and very lethargic when awake

...fussiness when being held or cuddled

...arching the back and retracting the neck

...staring blankly at their surroundings

...refusing food

...vomiting

...appearing pale or blotchy

...so??...baby u ada tak these symptoms???...lagi satu...kalau u tak tau kenapa dr suspect baby u ada meningitis...always tanya...jangan takut nak tanya kat dorang nie...you have got every rite to ask about your baby's condition...and they have the obligation to explain to you and your hubby with regards to the investigations findings...management and  treatment plan for your child...

Use magic Report

Post time 13-9-2005 08:58 AM | Show all posts
some docs didn't ask alot the parents about the symptoms their children were having.i guess they are judging by themselves.like my previous exp la..going to my panel clinic,i think the doc is locum.she didn't ask alot.so i kept telling n asking her...but after all she said..saya tgh periksa la nih...ceh..nak marah pun ader.some docs comes with smiles,explainations..asking for child...baru judge...br ler senang ati makbapak gitu.

Use magic Report

ADVERTISEMENT

Post time 28-8-2014 07:16 PM | Show all posts
hospital India Hair Grafting

Use magic Report

Return to list New
You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT
Follow Us

ADVERTISEMENT

Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|About Us|CARI Infonet

19-4-2024 12:43 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.062487 second(s), 31 queries .